Fifth Third Bank Employee Reviews

overboard on Point Production no common sense
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 2, 2018
I was not a happy person when working there and you probably won't be either Lots of pressure for the amount of compensation. For example, was told by my manager that I needed to stay over by an hour and a half which would have put me, this was acknowledged they would just have to pay it, the next week I get an e-mail giving me a warning that this overtime was not acceptable to 53 bank.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
all about the bottom dollar in their pocket
Productive and Pleasant Work Place
Mortgage Loan Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 1, 2018
Fifth Third was a good place to work. Management was good. They encouraged you to grow and offered opportunities for advancement.
I was eventually laid off due to all the jobs going to Ohio to the corporate office.
Pros
Cons
Job Security was an issue
Fifth Third Review
Disputes Resolution Analyst Tier 2 (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, OHApril 30, 2018
My time at Fifth Third Bank was quite interesting. The benefits of working for the bank were outstanding. The con's were the cap on vaction/ sick time, the job specific training was subpar & the advancement opportunities were not as abundant as mentioned in my initial interview. Overall, Fifth Third Bank is a good company to work for.
Pros
401K match & benefits
Cons
vacation cap & non competeive advancement opportunities
Mismanaged & Unprofessional
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 28, 2018
I would say my almost 2 years was probably the most stressful time of my life between the unprofessional management to the never stopping revolving door of managers leaving. Unrealistic goals in today’s environment where traffic isn’t as high as it used to be because of the internet. Sell sell sell is the attitude & the customer doesn’t come first. Regardless of experience you are not fairly compensated & don’t be surprised if you are asked to help train your new manager that has zero banking experience or if your branch goes without a manger for months on end.
Great work experience with great management
Financial Center Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLApril 26, 2018
I can't speak for every branch, but my manager set a wonderful example for our team and worked to encourage and collaborate with us! Working at Fifth Third was a great experience for me and set a precedent for how I should be treated by management in the workplace.
Pros
management, hours, benefits
Fast paced sales and service
Customer Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2018
Great on gong training, fast paced work environment. Great benefits. Good work-life balance. Compensation and benefits Are outstanding. They are very good at promoting from within the organization. Promoted team involvement as well as finding ways to give back to the community. Management in this company is outstanding. I would highly recommend working for this company
Pros
Very structure and plenty of classroom and on the job traing if avalabke
Cons
Not any structured bran@chmeeting routine
No advancement in the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Elgin, ILApril 24, 2018
I did not like that I was going to be in the same position for a very long time before finding something full-time or apply for a different position. A
great work atmosphere
Payment Processor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2018
I enjoy my job at Fifth Third. Will stay there as long as possible. I have fabulous supervisors and work flow coordinators. They are very attentive to the fact that we have lives outside of the bank.
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYApril 24, 2018
I spent 13 years of my sales career there and gained so much. I had great colleagues that I am still close friends with and learned so much from the hard working people I worked around.
Overall
IRA/CD Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 23, 2018
The company is a good company if they get the right management. The problem is it doesn't seem like they do. They are very involved in the community which is nice.
Culture very stressful.
Treasury Management Officer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 23, 2018
Expectations very high. No back end support. expected to accomplish goals but with no support. No treasury product teams and no customer service support.
Great Company
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
Fifth Third Bank is a great place to work. They sponsor licensing programs and classes if you want to pursue additional educational knowledge to help clients.
Tough business
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYApril 22, 2018
Banking is not for the faint of heart. It is cut-throat and highly stressful. The compensation rarely meets the demands of the job. Bankers hours are not what you think they are.
Banking Industy
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2018
This was a good company to work for. Processed invoices, reviewed financial documents to locate overpayments, Worked closely with Procurement department.
good place to work
Deposits Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 20, 2018
I really enjoy working with my co-workers and management, they give me additional duties to try and improve team performance and feels like I'm contributing more.
My supervisor was fantastic
Review for Loss Mitigation Modified Morgage Loans (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, OHApril 18, 2018
I was only there on "contract" but I had a health issue and because of they let me go when my supervisor was on vacation as well as 2 other people in my group...
Pros
pay
Cons
VP keyed my car because I accidentally parked in a VP spot when I thought it was a handicap spot.
Great advancement but low security in high level roles.
COMMERCIAL CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2018
I worked for Fifth Third Bank for just over 5 years and my experience was overall positive. I started in an entry level position and advanced to a supervisor roll within 3 years. I was laid off after my department was merged with another. Over my time there I observed several peers and colleges experience similar fates.
Pros
Great advancement
Cons
Poor job security
Bank Job
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2018
Fifth Third Bank is a retail bank that offers customer service and sales positions. The advantage working for them is they are rapidly expanding so there are advancement opportunities.
Company needs a major makeover.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHApril 16, 2018
Fifth Third is a very cut throat company and WAY too sales driven. They are not for what is best for the customer. Only focused on product pushing. Management needs a face lift also. Managers dont care about you as a person.
Nice Place to work
Property Portfolio Manager II Grand Rapids Market (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed work at 5/3. I only moved due to an opportunity arose to support 5/3 while working at CBRE as a regional manager. I was involved in managing physical operations at Critical Facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fifth Third Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.