Film Daily

Film Daily

Film Daily Employee Review

Film Daily Freelance Writer and Assistant Editor Trainee Review - Not a trustworthy company - learned a lot, but they lied constantly

On the plus side, Film Daily is great at giving their new hires experience with the basics of writing, editing and posting for a fast-paced newsroom-style website. On the minus side, they lie. A lot. Pretty sure any admin staff beyond the owners were fictional (seriously - they made up fake HR people and accounting people). Every single payment they made towards an invoice I had to dispute, and now they've owed me over $1k since APRIL (Writing this review in October). They made payments towards the amount they owed me, as it was almost double, until July, and now all of my past due invoices are ignored. Sadly, if they changed their structure and their promises, I think it would be fine. I would have happily worked for them for a stipend to get my feet wet, but instead they kept making up new "contracts" for me that they never paid on they "accidentally" messed up my invoice payments, and then would blame their fictional staff. Just.... don't trust them.

Pros

Lots to learn

Cons

Not paid for work completed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Film Daily. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Film Daily Reviews by Job Title

Film Daily Reviews by Location

• Film Daily
  • Not a trustworthy company - learned a lot, but they lied constantly