Financial Recovery Services Employee Reviews

Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, WINovember 15, 2018
The only reason I left was because I didn't feel it was the right job for me. You sit all day at your desk that is yours, you do not share a desk.they are really good about coaching you and lifting your spirits. Wonderful people I would strongly recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Good pay, great management
Cons
It can be slow sometimes
Flexible hours and relaxed environment with new skills taught
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 24, 2018
Not many places allow you to create your own daily/weekly schedule and unlike retail or restaurants - guarantee you can work 40 hours. Its a fair base rate of pay and the bonuses, incentives are good; there is an uncapped commission structure which is nice. Its not a job for everyone. People are friendly and laid back. Managers are helpful and incented on their staff's success.
Not for me
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNSeptember 29, 2018
I am not a 3rd party debt collector. Have only worked 1st party. If you enjoy 3rd party and are good at it check out this company. Management will assist you in any way they can. As with all debt collection, the more you bring in and make the more they make.
Pros
Will give you the tools you need to succed
Fantastic place
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Superior, WISeptember 27, 2018
Between the people and the managers and the owners I never wanted to leave! The job is super easy thanks to everyone you work with. The health care they offer is okay but very expensive.
workplace was flexible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 16, 2018
i worked at financial for 2 months-- ended up loosing the job due to health issues -- was a very relaxed place to work at and easy- was nice being able to talk with several people a day and help with payments.
Warning Childish Behavior
Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 2, 2018
Its okay to talk back to Management and be rude to co workers. they only care if you get 40+ hours... not the way people treat each-other and i dont feel like they care about their employees
Good start... but don't get too comfortable.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 23, 2018
This was my first job in collections. The first couple months were obviously pretty hard. Lots of new things to learn, and things we had to do a very specific way. What they teach you in training is very basic. You pretty much learn everything when you get onto the collection floor. Things got harder and harder as the months went by. New rules were enforced, and everyone seemed to be on their last ends. I personally DO NOT recommend working here for a long time. This is what you call a last resort job. The job itself is pretty basic. You call people... the same people... every single day... until they get mad enough at you, to the point where they will block the number, or threaten to sue the company. The managers are all over the place. And let me just say- if you aren't hitting a certain quota- they won't like you. But if you're doing great, you can pretty much walk all over anyone there. If you like people in your personal business and personal life, this is the job for you! If you like being told that you aren't hitting goal, so they'll lower your pay rate, this is the job for you! Let's just say this company has definitely changed me in all bad ways possible. Why? Because the owners, the employees who stick their noses in everyone else's business, and people who love to talk. Managers do play the favoritism card. You'll get the cold shoulder.
Pros
take a break whenever you want.
Cons
bad management
relax atmosphere
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 16, 2018
The day started turn on your computer, look at the miss calls that you got. and start making calls. Your manager would call you over if he listened into your calls and would give pointers. The hardest part of the job was getting people to pay their bills.
Great place to work. Fun and easy going environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIOctober 9, 2017
The hours here where nice to work because you got to pick them yourselves. Amber was amazing to work with. I loved working here sad to leave. The people where always amazing to work with and very nice and helpful. The training could be longer but for what they do train you on it is very helpful.
Good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 26, 2017
Financial Recovery Services if a good company to work for, as I learner many different skills while working there. It is a high volume environment, and I enjoyed my time working there.
The best 3rd party debt collection agency in the Twin Cities
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 23, 2016
FRS was, by far, the best collection agency that I have worked at in my 10 years in the field. The ownership group is second to none, the commission structure is as lucrative as a collector makes it, and the fellowship between employees is phenomenal.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, uncapped commission
Cons
None that I can think of
Fun group to work with.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, WISeptember 2, 2016
I would make inbound and outbound calls to collect on debts. Then became team lead. FRS had great managers, and we had overall mostly good co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when people would hang up or start yelling at you before I try to help them. I am was not like an average collector. I have been in their place before. I was very considerate and would listen and try to help them out in anyway I can.
The most enjoyable part was when I could help them and make it a good outcome or experience.
Pros
Good spiffs or awards for doing a good job
Cons
Unhappy people on the phones
frs
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 11, 2016
was a good place to work, multiple opportunities to move up in management, health care packages weren't the best, commission was ok. environment was ok
Absolutely loved working here
Collector (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 3, 2016
Clock in and make money. I loved the commission structure and the flexibility in scheduling. I enjoyed he incentives and overtime. The people are great and management was always so helpful.
Pros
free lunches, overtime, incentives, flexible hours
Cons
working nights and weekends
Awful
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 6, 2014
It's been many years since I worked here but it was terrible all around.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 18, 2014
negotiate account resolution
data-entry
Obtaining new information for consumers through third-parties or utilizing secured sites to gain new contact information
Encouraging productivity and constant motivation to keep moral and drive high
Co-workers are enjoyable and encouraging
Difficult part of the job is no room to advance and constant sitting in front of a computer also the ever changing compliance per client protocol
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Required late nights and weekends
Great work environment and managers
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn CenterJanuary 6, 2014
Great training and work environment. Learned great collecting skills through training.
lots of training and support for continued education
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 12, 2013
I like it. good money. great 401k plan. average medical benefits
Collections
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 5, 2013
Collections.....typical work office. little chance for advancement. make your calls and hit your number...don't and you will be fired.
Not the job for you if you seek work & life balance
Collector (Former Employee) –  EdinaJuly 22, 2012
Your team leads are required to collect and hit personal goals just like other collectors. This is a major conflict of interest. They are their to help you and get compensated if you hit your personal goal but if they aren't hitting their personal goal as a "collector" they have no time for your questions and no patience. The upper management are pretty nice and they like to give you pizza if you don't leave the building for lunch. So if you don't mind a few extra pounds and a lot of stress it's a pretty good gig. Also, if you don't know what your doing, you can always try to answer call-ins of people who are ready to pay and get a lot of money in a short time. The only problem is, you have to be able to press a phone button literally faster than like 4-6 other people.
Pros
you can set your own schedule.
Cons
schedule requirement reuire two late nights a week-one late night till 9pm and two weekends a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Financial Recovery Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Financial Recovery Services Reviews by Location