FINCANTIERI Employee Reviews

Watching wife’s of lead men get hired to be white hats with zero work experience is awesome!
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIOctober 31, 2018
If you want the feel of being surrounded by grumpy old men and hazardous working conditions, and no room for advancement oh boy is this the job for you!
Pros
Cons
Save yourself the trouble and work elsewhere
Don't care about employees
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  MarinetteOctober 13, 2018
Indeed wouldn't let me post what I really wanted to say but if you enjoy a job that closely resembles being in a prison then this is the job for you. Management views you as only a number not a human being, most of the employees are on FMLA because that is the only way to get off without punishment. Poor communication throughout, basically a revolving door of workers, they promised the government that they would hire 400 more, so they need to fire a couple hundred first.
Pros
Onsite clinic
Cons
Very poor management, little communication, limited training, overall poor culture in yard
productive great place to work
machinery Installer (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIOctober 1, 2018
nice steady work to keep you busy,management are very reasonable, the most enjoyable part is that you are helping and contributing to our defense system as means of doing our part for the defense system of out country
Pros
great pay/benifits
Cons
Some good people to work with. Great ships despite what is said about them.
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 9, 2018
Good place to work considering the alternatives in the area. Pay is just OK but years and years between increases. Manufacturing gets on average 2% per year...
Pros
Very rewarding playing a part in the Navy’s LCS program.
Cons
Sr Management is atrocious and does absolutely nothing to keep talented people around, managers show no appreciation, some people sleep on the job with no consequences.
Lacking in room for advancement and growth.
Pipefitter/welder (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIAugust 31, 2018
It is a place to start and get experience, but I fell like I'm being held back from additional responsiblities/growth. I have more to offer, but have not been given the opportunity to advance.
My Position
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 17, 2018
My position is challenging and I'm still developing and learning position. I don't have to much to say at the moment until I have been here a year. To be continued.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
For the area, it is one of the better paying jobs.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 6, 2018
The people are getting more and more unhappy with their jobs. This may be due to our culture or may be due to the way the shipyard is being run. This goes for management as well as the workers.
Pros
Working indoors mainly.
Cons
Bad morale in the yard.
work/life
Forman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 30, 2018
Working here there is little work life balance with little room for advancement without bias. its not what you know but who you know in this company. a
It was fun while it lasted
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 26, 2018
Not a pleasant place to work. No communication, poor upper management. Blame game gets thrown around a lot. No accountability for mistakes. Lots of wasted talent that don’t get and recognition
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Very poor upper management
FSO/Security Mgr./HR Assist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 18, 2018
I have no comments on this company. Many good employees were let go for uncommon reasons; Benefits was really POOR everyone worked under pressure and not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Benefits was very Poor
Company starting to make improvements in system quailty.
Detail Planner (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJune 9, 2018
Good working environment and steps are being taken to improve the communication and production quality,

Hours can vary during peak contract times, which can increase the stress level of employment.

Must be able to react to sudden changes due to engineering or customer changes.
Pros
Flexiblity in hours
Cons
Travel distance to and from Green Bay
Tough environment
Performance Reporting & Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marinette WIMay 6, 2018
Not employee friendly. Stressful environment. Takes a special person to work within this work environment. They focus on hiring military experience employees, which is great but they limit your growth due to strict HR rules.
Get out while you can
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 27, 2018
This place is toxic!! Full of toxic people with horrible decision making skills. Overtime is forced and advancement never happens. Once they get you in you are stuck at your pay rate until you decide to leave, unless of course you scream at people loud enough and then they decide to promote you.
Was only an intern, but based on what I heard there were lots of problems
Summer Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 17, 2018
I was only an intern when I worked here and its been a few years, but I recall a pretty hectic and confusing environment where it didn't seem like there was enough support for the number of problems they were dealing with. Also, the people I worked with were hit or miss, some were pretty great, others were not very pleasant.
a challenge with the management culture
General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 9, 2018
working at Fincantieri was rewarding for me ,the turmoil in middle management was very stressful ,it was like you had to watch your back at all times hated leaving a lot of good people there .
High stress environment, pay makes it worth it.
Steel Fitter/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIMarch 14, 2018
Employees were put under a lot of pressure to meet agenda. Mistakes were easy to make especially working as an electrician.
Work environment was dangerous mostly due to fall hazards.
Different positions were often in unhealthy competition.
Insufficient time to get to break area between break/lunch whistles.
High pay made all of these downfalls worthwhile.
Low job security due to temp positions and massive lay offs.
Nice Place to Work at
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 26, 2018
go in and do your job
good environment
easy to make friends and know them and what type of job that they are doing at the place.
doing a lot of cleaning
Pros
Good Benifits, Some Cool Bosses and some not so cool.
Cons
point system, no sick pay, changes of policies without notice.
uncaring company that disposes of talent as if they have no value
Supervisor - Pipe/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJanuary 26, 2018
I was employed by Fincantieri for 59 months. I had great reviews annually and produced many positive changes. Almost everyone I worked with including multiple other trades I worked beside told me I was the best foreman in the yard. Yet, one special fellow foreman very friendly to my direct supervisor decided I was a threat and threw me under the bus. This was not an isolated occurrence. Time and time again the favorites they drank with or partied with got a by when others got the axe. The company lets untrained mid-level managers who came up through the ranks do things that affect the livelihood of their employees when they are not trained managers and do not understand Federal law or choose to bypass it.
Pros
Good 401 k and time off through Christmas Holiday
Cons
poor mid level management.poor rapport with union and contractors, disrespectful to emploees
Busy work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Great place to work for. Some days were short some were long traveled as a diesel mechanic for this company if i still lived in San Diego id still work here.
tough work not for everybody,
Steel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJanuary 8, 2018
a typical day at work would consist of safety tips and stretches to start the day off along with task's and job expectations to ensure a productive day.
Pros
good pay and self satisfying jobs
Cons
long drive