FINCANTIERI Employee Reviews

High employment over turns and struggle to advance
Engineer Manager (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIFebruary 3, 2019
This company has only recently started turning over a profit. Which means currently the working environment is far behind in culture, salaries, training, incentives,school reimbursement, experience management, not to mention the after hours environment. This company has much to do to rise above the past mentally and move forward with progressive thinking for the future. The management needs to invest in its people to bring them up to speed in all areas of their position. Management needs to create an incentive program to show appreciation to their workers and worker to worker. There needs to be cooperative mentality between the yard laborers, technical staffing and the Navy and their agencies. There is far too much political rivalry between departments throughout the company. This company gets by with it's behavior because it's the largest facility to the sustaining population. Last year was the first time in history when the company asked the worker to fill out their opinions of the company. This says it all. to put it direct, the company wants 10 lbs placed inside a 5 lb bag but they argue about how it's to be done and whose going to do it and how much it's going to cost so on it goes. Really, sometimes the truth is hard to hear. Just my opinion. If I knew what I know now I would not have joined up. The company does not honor what they tell you during the interview process. For most you are stuck for awhile until you can manage your way out of here. Oh the immediate people I work with are friendly for the most part.
Pros
employee are generally good hearted people
Cons
Management, salaries, training, support, HR lies
Enjoyed going to work everyday. My co-workers were great.
Trial Card Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJanuary 24, 2019
I loved everything about my job. I worked at a great place with great people. Enjoyed being part of a family that builds the LCS ships for the US Navy.
Pros
worked with great people and I really enjoyed my work.
Cons
I was the only one that did the job I performed.
Poor management and little opportunity for growth
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIDecember 27, 2018
No career development opportunities or room for growth. Its a stressful working environment with little return for long hours. Understaffed to meet budget constraints. No bonuses in over 10 years.
Pros
interesting product
Cons
poor management
An international place
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 7, 2018
Multiple nationalities were in the work force, giving the opportunity to learn another language. The location had a small staff making communication easy. Management supported improvement of skills and learning new skills.
It is an excellent place to work and learn a new trade, plus excellent pay wage
Steel Fitter (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIDecember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fincantieri Bayship. I would go back. Job security is a plus for me. I liked the people that I worked with, alot of them have been there 30 plus years
Pros
Excellent pay and helpful staff
Cons
Dirty place to work.
It's not like others
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  WIDecember 5, 2018
The working hours are good, able to keep busy all day and week long. The training for positions is lack luster, if at all. It appears to be more of a throw them to the wolves way.
Toxic IT Department
ERP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 22, 2018
Other than salary and benefits, there is nothing good to say about this company. Required 9+ hour days, 20 year old ERP system that hadn't been patched for decades, lies from direct managers, building was a mess (often had water coming in through ceiling and mice moved in to invade work areas each night), and refusal to provide any remote work flexibility.
Pros
401(k) matching and health insurance
Cons
Watching wife’s of lead men get hired to be white hats with zero work experience is awesome!
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIOctober 31, 2018
If you want the feel of being surrounded by grumpy old men and hazardous working conditions, and no room for advancement oh boy is this the job for you!
Pros
Cons
Save yourself the trouble and work elsewhere
Don't care about employees
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  MarinetteOctober 13, 2018
Indeed wouldn't let me post what I really wanted to say but if you enjoy a job that closely resembles being in a prison then this is the job for you. Management views you as only a number not a human being, most of the employees are on FMLA because that is the only way to get off without punishment. Poor communication throughout, basically a revolving door of workers, they promised the government that they would hire 400 more, so they need to fire a couple hundred first.
Pros
Onsite clinic
Cons
Very poor management, little communication, limited training, overall poor culture in yard
Industrial work environment
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIOctober 7, 2018
Work day is eight hours which includes a paid 20 min lunch break. Wide range of employment opportunities.
Currently building Littoral Combat Ships for the Navy.
Pros
Paid lunch break. good benefits
productive great place to work
machinery Installer (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIOctober 1, 2018
nice steady work to keep you busy,management are very reasonable, the most enjoyable part is that you are helping and contributing to our defense system as means of doing our part for the defense system of out country
Pros
great pay/benifits
Cons
Some good people to work with. Great ships despite what is said about them.
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WISeptember 9, 2018
Good place to work considering the alternatives in the area. Pay is just OK but years and years between increases. Manufacturing gets on average 2% per year...
Pros
Very rewarding playing a part in the Navy’s LCS program.
Cons
Sr Management is atrocious and does absolutely nothing to keep talented people around, managers show no appreciation, some people sleep on the job with no consequences.
Lacking in room for advancement and growth.
Pipefitter/welder (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIAugust 31, 2018
It is a place to start and get experience, but I fell like I'm being held back from additional responsiblities/growth. I have more to offer, but have not been given the opportunity to advance.
My Position
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 17, 2018
My position is challenging and I'm still developing and learning position. I don't have to much to say at the moment until I have been here a year. To be continued.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
For the area, it is one of the better paying jobs.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 6, 2018
The people are getting more and more unhappy with their jobs. This may be due to our culture or may be due to the way the shipyard is being run. This goes for management as well as the workers.
Pros
Working indoors mainly.
Cons
Bad morale in the yard.
work/life
Forman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 30, 2018
Working here there is little work life balance with little room for advancement without bias. its not what you know but who you know in this company. a
It was fun while it lasted
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 26, 2018
Not a pleasant place to work. No communication, poor upper management. Blame game gets thrown around a lot. No accountability for mistakes. Lots of wasted talent that don’t get and recognition
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Very poor upper management
FSO/Security Mgr./HR Assist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 18, 2018
I have no comments on this company. Many good employees were let go for uncommon reasons; Benefits was really POOR everyone worked under pressure and not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Benefits was very Poor
Company starting to make improvements in system quailty.
Detail Planner (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJune 9, 2018
Good working environment and steps are being taken to improve the communication and production quality,

Hours can vary during peak contract times, which can increase the stress level of employment.

Must be able to react to sudden changes due to engineering or customer changes.
Pros
Flexiblity in hours
Cons
Travel distance to and from Green Bay
Tough environment
Performance Reporting & Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marinette WIMay 6, 2018
Not employee friendly. Stressful environment. Takes a special person to work within this work environment. They focus on hiring military experience employees, which is great but they limit your growth due to strict HR rules.