Finger Lakes Premier Properties Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed work place with good people.
Laundry Tech (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYApril 22, 2019
A typical day at work was relaxed and fun. I learned how to get out stains, and how to fold sheets and towels properly. The management was great and the manager kept us motivated. The workplace culture was good and everyone got along. The hardest part of the job was standing all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the activities the managers set up for us.
Quick Paced friendly environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYApril 6, 2019
My time at FLPP was great. The management was always friendly, and always recognized me despite the many employees. It was a quick paced environment. For it being a part time position, I worked many hours, which enabled me to save money for college. I was a student in college when I was employed there, so I only worked the summer season. Once I graduated college I wasn't sure where I was going and that is the only reason I left my job there.
Pros
Good pay, nice coworkers, friendly management, nice tips
Cons
Long drives to lake houses occasionally
Nepotism
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Finger Lakes, NYJune 26, 2018
I loved the job for the first 3 years. A change in Management caused preferential treatment. Huge change in policy. All new employees [friends or relatives] placed in supervising position. Hours dropped drastically. Not enough upper management to make things right..
Simple fast pace work that give you a sense of accomplishment
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Penn yan nyMarch 13, 2018
We met a lot of caring helpful people at premier ..and the acknowledgement for jobs well done didn't go unnoticed ..bonuses and praise from superiors was plentiful ..I can't wait to get started on season 2018
Pros
Good pay and honest company ...bonuses were fantastic
Cons
Some long fast paced days, but it didn't break me .lol
I love working here and have no intention of leaving
Zone Leader (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYFebruary 5, 2018
If you like to travel and have the opportunity to clean multi million dollar homes or even just small cottages this is the place for you. Everyone is extremely friendly and very helpful. My coworkers have become a family to me. And nothing beats the view.
Pros
Seeing new places meeting new people. Pushing yourself to be your best
Cons
Some days you work very long hours
Low Pay and Out of the Way
Operations (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 15, 2018
There are people that try their hardest to perk things up here but it feels like there is always a negative air around the office. Everyone talks about everyone else. It's just toxic.
Productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYOctober 24, 2017
Pay is excellent. Work is laid back but also fast-paced. The management is reasonable. Hours are reasonable. You are acknowledged for good work and recognized.
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
No benefits
Work alone, good pay
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJuly 18, 2017
I like this job because I get to work by myself most days and the pay is pretty great too for cleaning houses. The job can be stressful at times when I have to clean a very big house by myself or when I don't have all the supplies I need, but other than that it's a decent job.
You will work yourself to the bone.
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYMay 12, 2017
You need to have very thick skin and be able to adjust to your surroundings at a moments notice. I previously worked for FLPP for almost six years. I quickly found out how disposable I was. The money was great however, you will have zero life from May to October. I stayed true to the company at their best and at their worst, the company gave me NOTHING in return. The owner is a good man at heart. He just cannot seem to open his mouth and do the right thing, always let's others make poor choices for him. If your looking for a seasonal job that will get you a good paycheck and not have to work in a stuffy environment, plus not have to care about the people you work with... then get yourself hired. If you like praise or believe that management actually cares about you, stay away. Do not ever offer to do more than your job description, you will be taken advantage of. Stay firm or you will find yourself working 60 plus hours a week sometimes until 2am and no one will care.
Pros
Homeowners...The normal ones. They will treat you well, always put them first. The money you can make.
Cons
I believe I mentioned all of the negatives. Except, no benefits. Also watch how many days you work in a row. You have to speak up for yourself, you are not a person to this company.
Growing company with room to advance
Owner Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYDecember 11, 2016
Management is always trying to improve, not only the company but the work environment as well. They care about individuals advancement and work to help you grow with the company.
Pros
Caring company
Cons
You will work every weekend all summer, every summer. No vacations during peak season.
good place to work, poor supervision
Property Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYMay 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Premier Properties. Coworkers were great. Follow through by supervisors was not good. Many employees got away with things they shouldn't and nothing was done to correct this. I was sometimes held accountable for things I had no control over.
Fun customer oriented work place
Administrative assistant/supply coordinator (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYJanuary 21, 2016
A typical work day was organized. Everyone did their jobs and it fit together like a puzzle piece. There were times when all the pieces were not there and we worked as a team to compensate for the missing pieces. I learned a lot of administrative office skills and organizational skills here that were great and I still use till this day. Management was very hands on and intertwined into every work day. We saw the boss man very often and he liked to know how things were going from day to day to make sure everything ran smoothly. My coworkers were easy to reach and very helpful in day to day work. We Were a team and communication between coworkers was key. The hardest part of my job was pleasing already un-happy customers. The most enjoyable part of my work day was work was problem solving and making those already un-happy customers happy again. It always feels good to accomplish a difficult task.
Pros
Bonus's, awards
Cons
seasonal
Alright Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYApril 24, 2015
This job was good as long as I was getting hours. The management was well put together. I like most of my co workers. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. The best part was I got to see all the beautiful houses on the lake.
Fairly flexible work hours
Zone Leader/Housekeeper/ & Supply Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYMay 28, 2014
Working for FLPP has been a great opportunity for me to grow as a young individual. I have acquired various managment skills and learned to work in a high pace and stress environment. Working as a team is very important in order to function smoothly. My co-workers are all hardworking individuals and we respect each other greatly.
Pros
Free lunches during training sessions, Gas cards, Tips
Cons
Short lunch breaks, high stress, physical strain
Hospitality Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penn YanJanuary 24, 2014
Provided an opportunity to understand more about FL hospitality industry and FL tourism. Allowed me to see great new business opportunities in this area.
Pros
weekdays off
Cons
weekends
love working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Penn Yan, NYDecember 29, 2013
loved cleaning house and meeting many different people from all over..