Finish Line
75Above average

Finish Line Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA49 reviews
Great team but growing takes a lot of time
Great people to work with but it takes time to grow and develop to get a hire position. Get a good discount on new styles and first access to them. Good customer service at all times.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Takes to long to move up
Cool
Being at finish line was pretty ok. Employees are fun and nice to be around and also helping to better yourself as an employee. The environment in that place is welcoming.
what i learned
finishline was a great experience, i learned a lot while working there. working as a team is better than doing everything alone, you build as one! i started when i was 18
Money
I Loved working so much but it closed, I would still be with the company if the Leesburg location was not closed, I learned a lot here. I did everything except the manager things, I would love to work here again as a manager.
Flexible hours
The company is a good place to work because the people there are very friendly and we are like the work family. We can go to one and other to share our problems or success.

What I don’t like about it is that is pretty hard to get a raise.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
selling
really have to know how to convince people to buy things, you have to know your product and be able to convince people to buy it. clothes and accessories should be pushed as well
depending on your mall could be fast pace or slow
ive been at 4 different stores all of them completely different, ive had some great managers and also some managers who act like they own the company. everyone has their own system of how they run their store so adapt or find a different location
Interesting
Reports to the store manager or team leader. Customer-oriented with detailed knowledge of all makes of sports shoes. Dependable and courteous, was top salesman several times. Always in upper echelon of sales. Able to handle difficult customers with tact and diplomacy. Utilized a ticketing system (similar to kisam) to log, track and document customers. The system allowed customer problems to be resolved to customer satisfaction. Performed phone support in addition to providing hands on support to customers. Maintain inventory stock. Pay attention to detail. Able to problem solve customers’ shoe and equipment needs
Pros
great conversation with customers
Cons
working hours
It was eh
Finish line is like any typical retail job long hours for not what u want to get paid but u have to push thru it holidays is the biggest pain not organized
Work.
Finish line is a fun place to work you learn about to new and latest trend in shoes. Also, getting along with co-workers and helping each other sale shoes and getting shoes for each other from the back of the stock room.
Fun Workplace
Being a young college student, I really enjoyed working for Finishline in Leesburg, Virginia. It was a great atmosphere to be around and I enjoyed every second of working.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Not really any room for promotion
Hardworking work environment
This company wasn't flexible with hours. Higher management does a poorly job at making it comfortable for workers to work. Under management worked harder than higher management at all times during the job.
Terrible managment .. bad pay
If manager has a personal problem with you, they will doing anything to get you fired or make you quit. Higher up manager never believes associates. Always takes the manager words even if they lied.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
I loved it and lived it!!!
Honestly the atmosphere just walking in the store was live! Just wanting to clock in and just socialize with people get a brief description on what they needed and feeling good knowing you were able to just help someone in need of something no matter what it was, just getting to know new people everyday was just honestly great to me. But also just the company itself giving me opportunities to develop on myself to become better. Also just the company itself giving a wide range of opportunities to develop oneself. This job honestly made me a competitive sales associate, more of an open minded person to all types of situation life throws us. Also determination, optimism, and just trying to make a bad sittuation into better.
FinishLine Store Manager at Macy's
a typical day in the retail industry a lot of hard working hours but OK life balance. In this industry you must be able to embrace change. The best part of the job is seeing your work done efficiently and consistently through your teams development
Pros
discounts
Cons
growth
Finishline
It was a fun job. I have a personal interest in sneakers and clothing so my natural liking of the job right off the bat was high. I enjoyed selling people sneakers and trying to find what they needed specifically, from type of shoes to type of support, etc.
Pros
shoe discount
Satisfying work
Working for Finish Line was good. The hours varied. Most of hours i was able to obtain were weekend.
The pay was okay-commission based. I enjoyed working with the public and being able to get discounts on the latest shoes.
Pros
discount
Cons
long weekend hours
schedule
i feel as though finish lined needed to do a better job with creating their schedule. many employees complained about needing more hours a week. the average was about 10 hours a week which isnt enough
terrible work space
the job was ok as it lasted but i was hired an watched 3 different supervisors uphold the position as well. i felt uncomfortable at times due to that imparticular.
Fun and positive workplace
Great stepping stone job gives you the experience need to farer your customer service and retail. Meet and work with some amazing people from all walks of life
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
bad paid
bad
liked working here. Just got really boring and did nit approve on how the district manager ran things. Overall the product provided was mediocre just all around bad.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight