Finish Line Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,268 reviews matching the search See all 2,276 reviews
Unorganized and wrongly managed workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 18, 2018
The workplace was unorgainzed. Management was terrible , and I took little from the experience . I wanted more for myself ,so I decided too relocate for my betterment.
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  6501 north grape roadAugust 17, 2018
Fun environment to work at. Lots of room for growth within the company. Working there gives you a feeling of a second family. Upbeat place to work and grow.
Pros
advancment
Cons
dont always get breaks, espeically during busy seasons.
Best company I’ve had the chance to work for!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 16, 2018
I loved every aspect of the job and it’s duties. I would work for Finish Line in the near future if I came across the opportunity. I loved the atmosphere and culture along with my staff and customers.
busy work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 16, 2018
It was pretty scattered majority of the time. The manager on duty never had the same mentality as the next. Some days were more difficult than others. understaffed.
Fun working place
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
Slow paced in the summer but pick up during back to school and holiday time.
Took care of Supervisor calls and did whatever was on tje schedule for the day.
Helped coach agents.
Good Management and workplace enviorment.
Hardest was de escalating certain calls.
Most enjoyable was satisfying the customer and turning their negative into a positive.
Pros
Team building events, relaxed environment
Cons
Hours, pay
fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAAugust 14, 2018
Working for finish line was my dream job. I enjoyed working with different customers. Loved the daily challenges. Hardest part about the job was saying no to working. I LOVED working for finish line.
Alright place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 14, 2018
It's an alright place to work at when you're in high school, but when you're in college and you have to pay for rent and other things to stay afloat, it's not the greatest job. They use to pay hourly, and then they went on commission which didn't really make sense to the employees because it was never explained in detail how you were paid. But that was also a few years ago. It may be different now.
Laid back work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 14, 2018
Fun job. They don’t pay so well but the staff is cool. Managers rely on associates a lot. Stock room is a lot of work but overall not a bad working environment.
Pros
Sneakers
Cons
Short break. High expectations
N/a
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day me is opening or closing of the store. completing all opening duties before open of business. Counting the registers. figuring out what the daily goal is. during back to school and holidays it is really busy. processing shipment. the hardest part of the job for me is working with the younger crowd who doesn't really understand what great work ethic is. no accountability what so ever. most enjoyable part is meeting many different people even celebrity's that come in the store often
Pros
company discount, flexible hours, diversity
Cons
low pay, long hours.
A fun hype company
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Trains you in what you need to know while making it fun. Makes you want to hit sales goals and makes being a sales associatye fun and a manager just a fun
Sell, supervise and merchandise sales floor
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 13, 2018
Each day a sales goal and individual goal. For management we didn't have individual goals just the daily store goal.. Received shipments, scheduled employees, interviewed, hired.
Pros
I love shoes so that was my plus.
Cons
Long hours for little pay and not much growth available.
Great Place to Work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 13, 2018
Even if you are just trying to be there to have a job through college or actually advance in your career here, they give you the tools to succeed! It is a very fast paced job, and definitely sales driven. If you want to make the month, you work for it. It is not handed to you. If you do not have the drive to chase sales and customers, this may not be the job for you. This job requires teamwork and companionship between you and the customer as well as you and your team. We are a team driven company. This is seriously the best place I have ever worked and I have never come into my shift hating what I do.
Pros
Team Focused, Team Driven, Never the Same Situation Each Day
Cons
The salary at the lower level.
productive and calm work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2018
shorter days for sales associates but a typical day would consist of checking shoe prices on the wall making sure all prices are correct, taking care of customers, packaging online orders. At the end of the night making sure clothing and the shoe walls are all in order, take out the trash and sweep the sales floor.
You really learn to multitask here which is always a good trait to have.
Building a relationship with customers is my personal favorite part about working here.
There isn't necessarily a hardest part of the job as long as you manage time wisely.
Pros
flexible hours
Fun place to work as a college student
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 10, 2018
They are real flexible with school or anything else. Sometimes lack hours if it isn’t the holiday. Management at the time kind of sucked because he hired so many people and would only give 4-6 hours a day. It can be fun depending on who you work with.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours and pay
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 9, 2018
Gained experience in a lot of different fields due to my manager who cross trained us in everything. This is a great thing and helped me with my jobs following this one.
Fun if you make it to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 8, 2018
I help customers with their questions/concerns about shoes and try to build onto the sale. I learned how to assess the right shoe for a person. Management could be better. Hardest part is keeping up with the stock room and shipment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not many breaks, could be understaffed
Lessons Learned
M.I.T/ ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
My time at TFL was useful in the sense that it showed me that I was not meant to woorrk retail. The company did not care about their employees and it was obvious.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The whole thing.
ok
STORE MANAGER TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 7, 2018
tough hard to get honest feed back. Corporate manager care about business not the individual makes moves based on needs not whats best for the individual.
Pros
ok
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 7, 2018
Customers always keep you entertained. If you love sneakers the way I do the job doesn't feel like one, its mostly a place where you can hang out and talk about shoes.
Positive & fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA 70503August 6, 2018
Enjoyed employee & customer interactions. Positive encouragement to meet and/or exceed sales targets for each monthly milestone. Team comradere exhibited in the workplace.