Finish Line

Finish Line insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Great team but growing takes a lot of time

Great people to work with but it takes time to grow and develop to get a hire position. Get a good discount on new styles and first access to them. Good customer service at all times.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Takes to long to move up

Solid company with room for growth. You get out what you put in

Good experience and solid entry level exposure to business operations. Have multiple avenues you can take just all depends on how hard you work for it.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Non competitive pay

Easy job

Reallly busy during holidays. However it’s a simple job, you just help customers. However really slow when holiday season is over so it gets really boring.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Short breaks, management sucks

Prefer not to say

Prefer not to say. Worked at this company in the past. Was an overall neutral experience for me over the course of a year. I learned quite a bit across multiple locations.

Easy job with little pay.

Very fun company to work for depending on your team but the pay is horrible. I have worked with the company for 4.5 years and have only received a small raise once. The discount is yearly so if you run out you have to wait until January.

Pros

Discounts on shoes, flexibility and coworkers.

Cons

The pay is horrible.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Ambiente de trabajo de compañerismo muy bueno

fue bastante agradable y fácil ya que tengo conocimientos sobre la materia , Aparte de que el técnico que estaba a cargo era muy profesional y muy competitivo , amigable , respetuoso y correcto ...etc

appreciate

Bosses are great I just wish they could show more appreciation towards managers after all of our hard work. Bonuses and benefits should be way better.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Bonuses

its more than a sneaker store

the job stresses you out over little things. You can get in trouble for over tiny things. Over work you for the little pay. Can easily be replaced over something so small. terrible training

Pros

crew is laidback

Cons

mangement, pay

Decent place to work

I was only seasonal but my time there was okay, it was easy to catch on to. You meet a lot of new people, the vibes are cool. Manager at the time was impatient.

Pros

Discount on sneakers

Cons

Manager

Not the best

There for 3 years basically as a manager but didn't get the pay for it. I would rarely ever get the days i wanted off and would be mostly the one to be scheduled all weekend. The lazy employees were off whenever they wanted.

Fast-paced environment, great people

My experience at this job was overall pretty great. It is retail, so you get those days it's super busy and you feel like quitting but the people there most of the time made it more bearable. The job isn't hard, the tasks are just very tedious and it gets old after a while. No commission, so there's nothing to chase after unless you really want to get promoted. What would've made this job much more enjoyable would be more staff. I'd recommend this job to a kid out of high school or who is currently in college.

Pros

discount, access to releases, meeting people

Cons

fast-paced, underemployed, management expects too much

Sales Associate

great company, great discounts, exposure to different lines of businesses in the shoe industry. management was always on top of everything from shipments to sales

Great Introduction to Retail

It is a great retail store to work in, but pays terrible. I made a dollar more working as a new supervisor, which comes with way more responsibilities. Moving up in the company is easy, as long as the spots are available and if you are fairly close with the District Manager. I will also put a different location than where I actually work in. Pay is terrible! Not worth staying with the company.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, Fun, discount

Cons

terrible pay for supervisors, hours

fun teenage job

they expect you to work whenever they feel like it. they would give me 3 days off and then call me in on 2 of them. and the pay isn’t good, you get no commission and the hourly is minimum wage and for managers it’s only $1.50 more then a regular sales associate with double the work.

Great experience

Great first job for experience and growth. Great management. Great Discount. Meet all types of people, Perfect if you like sneakers. only down side is you work on holidays

Pros

Great discount for employees

Cons

Work on most holidays

Great place must be able to work fast pace

Nothing but great love working here would recommend to anyone opportunities to advance smoke breaks great discount on everything. Par time and full time availability’s

Pros

Discount

Cons

Fast paced

Stock

Good place to work if you are out of high school . I worked there for almost 10 years . I loved the discount . The new releases of different shows and the culture was great .

Pros

Discount

Cons

Expect to not get a break or two and the company dm doesn’t do much.

Not the best place to work with empty promises. The dm isn’t very on top of things. Company has lots of money but doesn’t give anything back to employees if any.

Toxic workplace; stay away

Finish Line is a toxic environment where they make employees feel inferior and give them very little opportunity to help them become successful. you are given a tremendous amount of tasks that management believes should be done in an instant. very hard to get promoted within even if you are working your hardest. The culture is so toxic they only pick and choose who they want to be successful while leaving others to fend for themselves.

Pros

discount, decent benefits, "unlimited PTO"

Cons

no breaks, terrible management, little to no resources to help you excel, hard to progress in job.

Good for high school students and as a part-time job for sneaker heads. Nothing to make a serious career out of

Great work environment just terrible pay. You can make more money working in a warehouse or in the fast food industry honestly but if your a teen or a first-time job applied who has a love for sneakers then go for it. Cute little discount and you get to see all the latest shoes but I wouldn’t hold my breath for a pay raise. The retail industry has always sucked at paying their employees their worth regardless of having to deal with the public and their different personalities that come with it. I wouldn’t want it to be a serious career unless you were a GM or something like that because they make the real money. Other then that, it’s a good 2nd job for extra grocery money or toiletries.

Pros

See the latest shoes

Cons

Pay is terrible

Generally not a bad starting place

Work was relatively easy, nothing that really stood out as super difficult. It was fun talking about the latest sneakers and styles with some of the customers.

Common questions about Finish Line

Answered by current and former employees at Finish Line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finish Line. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Finish Line.
Powered byComparably

Compare Finish Line with

• Finish Line
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?