Finish Line Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,190 reviews matching the search See all 2,198 reviews
Fun work environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 27, 2018
great place to work , good positive attitudes. great teamwork and culture. with it being retail related be careful on knowing that there could be longer work days and weekends and holidays.
fast paced and team work oriented
Team Lead, Finish Line- Kahului, 96732 HI (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIApril 25, 2018
Teamwork is crucial to run this business. Balancing training, sales, stock, shipments, promotions, and business relations with host store (Lease Dept).
Fast paced sales job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAApril 25, 2018
Selling is everything at Finish Line. Your hours were determined on how well of a salesman you are, so the more you sold the more you worked, and the more you are recognized.
Pros
Great discounts on shoes and apparel
Cons
Commission based
Productive, could be slow at times which benefited getting a lot of work done
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 24, 2018
A typical day consisted of engaging with customers, making sure the tables were set up according to season, going through emails to make sure all is up to par. At times it did get frustrating considering I was the only manager on staff I was not given any assistant managers to help out so when I would go away on vacation it would make it a complicated doing the schedule for the week of leaving all the responsibility on sales associates.
Great Job
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 24, 2018
I was a sales rep/ cashier at finish line I love working with sneakers selling them telling the customers all about the new technology they have in the shoes it wasn't just a job I enjoyed working there every minute.
wasn't what it seemed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the workplace because the sales associates were just as ambitious to work as me but as far as management they were very controlling as if we did not take care of the task at hand.
Good College Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 23, 2018
Great team work
Flexible scheduling
Great discounts
Fast Paced
Career advancements

This job gave me the ability to go to school full-time and work 35-40 hours a week.
A decent working experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 21, 2018
The typical day is very hard to judge just because it is solely based on traffic. The discount on shoes is very beneficial however, management could improve.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks
Good
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJApril 19, 2018
If you like sneakes ir is a good job. It pays 8.25 per hour with a 30% discount on sneakers. Good job for when your in high school . Thats all about fin
Bad
Good
Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 19, 2018
On average your goal is to be able to make sales and sale accessory items with each purchase that is made. It is fast paced and you have to be on your feet. Also you have to be a social person because you are constantly dealing with various customers daily.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Shoe discounts
Cons
On your feet all day
Productive and Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 19, 2018
From working at Finish Line I have gained an immense amount of sales experience, as well as customer service experience. It is a quick-paced, intense environment that will help you learn how to talk to people and how to sell a product quickly. I recommend working here if you are willing to learn how to sell and want to work in the business industry some day.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
No breaks, always moving
Fast Pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 19, 2018
It can honestly be a real fun/rewarding place to work if you have good leaders. Each year was different. some were more exciting then others. one thing for sure if you want to make money you need to be willing to go out and get it
Excellent place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHApril 18, 2018
Best place to work ever. Most fun I have ever had at a job, and that is even with it being as fast paced and cutthroat as it was. Management was excellent.
Laid back.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 18, 2018
Finishline not only granted me the opportunity to become a well rounded salesman, but also granted me the opportunity to meet people from all areas diverse from one another and learn one or many things in the process.
Fun Co-Workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 18, 2018
This job was a good time but the company had a lot of turn over. The co-workers made the environment fun. We had some great supervisors but the newer ones that came in didn't like the staff very much.
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXApril 17, 2018
Being a sales rep. at Finish line I would go in and help customers find the shoe of their choice and would bring out the size for them. The management was nice and very informative of the goals that needed to be meet for daily sales. The hardest part of the job i would say would have to be when we would get bombarded with customers and there was only two of us working and could not keep up. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say was getting to see the smiles on customers faces after they received the perfect shoe. I learned how to use a cash register, take on multiple task at the same time.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Not enough hours for part-time employees
poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 17, 2018
poor management favoritism was a problem slow location barely any hours no room for advancement .
Nice place to purchase shoes.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2018
Finish line offers a various collection of shoes and athletic clothes. Their employees are there to help any individual to come in and leave with what they need!
productive and hard working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2018
it ws good working their while i did. made a lot of good colleague and friends at finishline and i was comfortable with the shoe system that they had put together.
Work Day
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2018
Duties were being in charge of store during store hours. In charge of the hiring process. Also store upkeep. I worked with a strong team while working there.