Finishmaster Employee Reviews

Loved working at finish masters
Office and HR Manager/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJAugust 2, 2018
Great family work environment. Flexible hours, ability to work from home or anywhere. Great lunches and Christmas parties. Kind caring owner and employees
Would not recommend
Delivery Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 14, 2018
I have worked there for 5 years. I would not recommend this job to anyone. There is no opportunity to grow. Poor Management. People in higher positions do not look out for new employees.
Treat there people terrible
DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE PERSONAL / ETC (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2018
They treated there people like terrible . They always felt like a bunch of high school kids with clicks .
They just didnt treat there customers well or there employees either.
Pros
They were slow and took there time on deliveries
Cons
You got weekends off
productive and stimulating work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESINITIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 13, 2018
I got to work at 8:15 am and clocked in at 8:30. The day was filled with customer service such as helping mix automotive paint, fitting the right product to the right job the customer need done, quoting prices for product and every Tuesday and Thursday getting an inventory shipment that needed to be checked in and stocked while assisting customers at the counter and over the phone. I learned a vast amount about the products we sold. such as the SMART brand and Metalux paint as well as the DuPont product Chromebase paint. The work place culture was steady and laid back with little to no drama and a great customer base with many regulars. My favorite part of the position was actually getting to mix the automotive and industrial paint.
Pros
we got a lunch break at the same time every day.
Cons
back log of cycle countsthat always made sure we had something to do when we where slow.
Good solid place of employment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 10, 2018
Good place to work. Pay was decent, very secure job, not much room for advancement though. Management was steller and the staff was very friendly. Not a very stressful environment.
Pros
Good management, secure job, decent pay, great PTO
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 9, 2018
Stores technology is extremely antiquated. Will expect the new hire to do everything while the others play on phones. outdated System and no scan gun.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Coworkers, resources
Beautiful people
Private Mobile Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2018
Beautiful people, and peaceful environment. Self supervision and time management. Really enjoy the freedom of being my own boss. The job doesn't change and I know what is expected of me.
Don't judge a book by it's cover
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 30, 2018
Management would talk bad about employees to their vendors,
very unprofessional. Never work for this company if you live in a non-compete State. Your pay may change knowing you can't leave and get a job in the same industry. Management made promises to help but never came through.
Benefits
Cons
Individual and team work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
Take orders
Resolve product and tech issues
Match colors
A lot of driving.
Worst part: dealing with ungrateful customers and managers, paid once a month and terrible traffic.
Learned a lot about the management side of paint and body.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Commission pay once a month, traffic
Work only as temporary employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CaMay 17, 2018
Although the Administrative Assistant position was given to me, I was still doing accounting coursework by providing them all the reports they needed in the transition of records when they acquired D'Angelo Business Group, Inc.
Pros
My contract was extended for almost a year
Cons
I haven't experienced any negative since I only worked as temporary employee

Want to know more about Finishmaster?

Ask a question
Changing not for the best
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2018
Used to be a great place to work... new ops manager and sales manager whose work ethic is intimidation and bullying. The customers and employees are great however daily work environment is stressful. When you give your opinion and they don't like you can guarantee that they have started to replace you. Descriminates against females in Philly region. What was a great job... is no more. Morale at an all time low.
Sad sad sad!
Pros
Customers and fellow employees
Cons
Management not practicing core values!
Plenty of freedom and are able to be creative
Area Operations Manager -Philadelphia, PA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2018
Management and higher up are or seem to have many stereotypes. Made me feel very awkward, only African American in Management of over 70 managers. Difficult Culture
Fun place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 19, 2018
I would give this job to a high schooler and not a grown adult, really not a place for someone in their 30-40’s the management is ok on good days.....
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Amazing job.
Delivery Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 11, 2018
Finish master is a truly great place to work. Very clean, simple and straight forward job. Strong environment with help always being offered. Multiple opportunities for growth and advancement.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good job, sometimes unsafe conditions, low pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 29, 2018
Nice people to work with. Company did not practice what they preached on safety. Fairly low pay as well as low raises. 50 cent pay raise in 3 years. Made you operate unsafe equipment at times.
Pros
Nice people to work with, good products
Cons
Safety concerns and low pay
Varies by location
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 25, 2018
This company just depends on location. Some locations are slow paced and have different management styles.
In my new area it is a more faster paced location with a more energetic management style.
I enjoyed working at this company and it offers great hours, pay and benefits. I highly recommend it.
I would love to go back but I am no longer physically able to handle the really heavy lifting and truck breakdown.
Pros
Benefits, hours and pay
Cons
The slow times and smelling the fumes all day.
Nice part time job
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Nice place to work buy pay is low. I get days off at my convienence but they are unpaid because I am part-time. The drivers help each other when necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Great
Delivery/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 10, 2018
I love it , just relocating but the atmosphere is great, I love the people I work with, and I love being on the road. Get boss and coworkers, I love how we work as a team. Their like family to me.
Pros
Boss and coworkers.
Life at Finishmaster
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 3, 2018
It is alright as jobs go , very fast paced environment , Management and co-workers can be temperamental at times and one should watch what they say and who they say it too. Not a bad place , frequent turnover in drivers .
Productive and laid back.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you like being lied to. Everything up front makes the company look amazing and the best place ever 6 months later you catch on to all the lies. They don't pay fairly they don't evaluate anyone for raises. I'm still waiting on one from a year n a half ago. No bonuses. They don't really care about little guy that does all the work all they care about is how much money they can make while they're at the golf course or out bowling ( they post pics of that on Facebook)
Pros
N/a
Cons
No raises no bonuses expect you to work your butt off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finishmaster. Our community is ready to answer.