Finishmaster Employee Reviews

Poorly run company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2018
Issues start at the top -
Unethical leadership that is/was either delusional or pathological.
Company is now being sold - Hopefully this will improve things - There are a lot of good employees still there
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Abismal work environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 27, 2018
Not sure if it's the same all around but I worked with two very nasty women. I don't think I've ever worked in a more hostile environment in my life. Constantly talking behind your back. Any minor mistake that would be easily rectified was like i had singlehandedly bankrupted the company. Never tought me anything in the 88 days I was there. Rather than showing you your error and a way to correct it I was reprimanded and basically not allowed to do that task anymore I.E. take a phone order or bill out an invoice. Worst job I've ever had. Treated me like dirt from 8:30 am to 5:00pm, despite my best efforts to show initiative and a desire to be there.
Pros
Pay is ok, no weekends
Cons
Hostile work environment, shady co workers/management
The Hardest Part of the Job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
the hardest part of the job is lack of communication from upper management to account managers and to companies clients. Lack of support from upper management to receive authorizations for shop approvals.
Poor Business Model
Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 29, 2018
This is a company that was once great but slowly became worse through out the years. I honestly enjoyed working for this company up until this year and medically could not work there anymore at the position I was in.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Poor Management
loved working here
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIOctober 1, 2018
was a great place to work got to drive all over had awesome relationships with both co workers and customers and I really enjoyed the overall temperature of the place
Pros
driving
Cons
grumpy customers sometimes
ORDER PULLER (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 25, 2018
A typical day at Finishmaster was pulling orders for various body shops and dealerships around Dallas and North Dallas. I learned about different types of paint and sealant and tape and other various body repair tools. The management there was excellent. The hardest part of the job was getting to each stop on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Hot during summertime with no air
People of the organization
Sales Manager / National BDM (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
The people of this organization are top notch. Great leaders under leaders. The people care deeply about the customers they service daily. These are some of the best people in the business.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Nice place to work
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 19, 2018
The time I worked at Finishmaster was good, I would have liked to have made Finishmaster the company where I would have made a career, my immediate manager was very good although I can not say the same about the Operation Manager, I was accused of not doing my job, which was completely false from which I have concrete evidence such as recordings and records, most of the problems was because the stores did not do their work, hopefully Finishmaster change. Most of my co-workers were very good, although I can not say the same about Account Manager that I helped I never have any help from him.
Pros
Cons
Salary, Store managers, Operation Manager.
Loved working at finish masters
Office and HR Manager/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJAugust 2, 2018
Great family work environment. Flexible hours, ability to work from home or anywhere. Great lunches and Christmas parties. Kind caring owner and employees
Would not recommend
Delivery Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 14, 2018
I have worked there for 5 years. I would not recommend this job to anyone. There is no opportunity to grow. Poor Management. People in higher positions do not look out for new employees.
Treat there people terrible
DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE PERSONAL / ETC (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2018
They treated there people like terrible . They always felt like a bunch of high school kids with clicks .
They just didnt treat there customers well or there employees either.
Pros
They were slow and took there time on deliveries
Cons
You got weekends off
productive and stimulating work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESINITIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 13, 2018
I got to work at 8:15 am and clocked in at 8:30. The day was filled with customer service such as helping mix automotive paint, fitting the right product to the right job the customer need done, quoting prices for product and every Tuesday and Thursday getting an inventory shipment that needed to be checked in and stocked while assisting customers at the counter and over the phone. I learned a vast amount about the products we sold. such as the SMART brand and Metalux paint as well as the DuPont product Chromebase paint. The work place culture was steady and laid back with little to no drama and a great customer base with many regulars. My favorite part of the position was actually getting to mix the automotive and industrial paint.
Pros
we got a lunch break at the same time every day.
Cons
back log of cycle countsthat always made sure we had something to do when we where slow.
Good solid place of employment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 10, 2018
Good place to work. Pay was decent, very secure job, not much room for advancement though. Management was steller and the staff was very friendly. Not a very stressful environment.
Pros
Good management, secure job, decent pay, great PTO
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 9, 2018
Stores technology is extremely antiquated. Will expect the new hire to do everything while the others play on phones. outdated System and no scan gun.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Coworkers, resources
Beautiful people
Private Mobile Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 4, 2018
Beautiful people, and peaceful environment. Self supervision and time management. Really enjoy the freedom of being my own boss. The job doesn't change and I know what is expected of me.
Don't judge a book by it's cover
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 30, 2018
Management would talk bad about employees to their vendors,
very unprofessional. Never work for this company if you live in a non-compete State. Your pay may change knowing you can't leave and get a job in the same industry. Management made promises to help but never came through.
Benefits
Cons
Individual and team work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
Take orders
Resolve product and tech issues
Match colors
A lot of driving.
Worst part: dealing with ungrateful customers and managers, paid once a month and terrible traffic.
Learned a lot about the management side of paint and body.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Commission pay once a month, traffic
Work only as temporary employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CaMay 17, 2018
Although the Administrative Assistant position was given to me, I was still doing accounting coursework by providing them all the reports they needed in the transition of records when they acquired D'Angelo Business Group, Inc.
Pros
My contract was extended for almost a year
Cons
I haven't experienced any negative since I only worked as temporary employee
Changing not for the best
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 15, 2018
Used to be a great place to work... new ops manager and sales manager whose work ethic is intimidation and bullying. The customers and employees are great however daily work environment is stressful. When you give your opinion and they don't like you can guarantee that they have started to replace you. Descriminates against females in Philly region. What was a great job... is no more. Morale at an all time low.
Sad sad sad!
Pros
Customers and fellow employees
Cons
Management not practicing core values!
Plenty of freedom and are able to be creative
Area Operations Manager -Philadelphia, PA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2018
Management and higher up are or seem to have many stereotypes. Made me feel very awkward, only African American in Management of over 70 managers. Difficult Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Finishmaster. Our community is ready to answer.