Finlay Fine Jewelry Employee Reviews

Company close since 2009
Merchandise Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
It was a great company to work for great benefit and advancement opportunity. I worked with this company from October 1994 to June of 2009 was promoted on two occasion and trained several new employees. I stared working as a Clerical and worked my way up as a Merchandise Coordinator
Pros
free lunches with overtime
Cons
great benefits health care
love selling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 11, 2017
selling fine jewelry, closing register, open/closing store, custumer service, inventory, discount within the store and cosmetic, manager was great and she was very compasion with all of u.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours at christmas
High expectations
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Sales and client oriented. This is a commission bases jewelry sales company. The drawback is that it is renting a space inside a mid level department store and the customers expect the same department store rules (and standards of product) to apply to the jewelry.
However, the company, and the product, come with higher quality and standards.
The most enjoyable part of the job is matching the customer to a beautiful piece of jewelry and seeing them happy. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain to customers how to care for their pieces, knowing they think it is fake or fashion and have no idea what they just purchased.
Pros
working with beautiful jewelry and being able to match it with the right client
Cons
dealing with cheap customers who demand something for nothing
This company is no longer in business
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
It was great working for this company, however they filed bankruptcy in 2009 and laid off their employees. The salary was okay, but you really worked for every penny of it. The culture was great and I missed the employees that I worked with at Finlay.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Went out of business
Great Work environment!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GA 31206June 2, 2017
I worked there for a couple of years and was a top seller and Manager of the location. I was responsible for making sure Jewelry was accounted for and sold!
Sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 18, 2017
Sales
Customer focused company with emphasis on creating highly satisfied clients. Strong ethics and a culture of making things right if a client was not happy.

Employees treated well, unfortunately, they are no longer in business.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Holiday work hours of mall
This company is great for women and men
Special Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 5, 2017
This company has good coverage. They treat there emplyee with great respect and care, lots of room for impovement in the company. they are very much a team player.
Great opportunities and a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Most enjoyable part would have been the GEM stone education courses. In this job I went through a very extensive management training program but it did not compare to the GEM stone educational information I retained. I still use that knowledge to this day.
Customer focused
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 4, 2017
You must have exceptional people skills and be able to sell expensive items with confidence while adhearing to all security standards.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
boring at times with little customer traffic
Great place for learning how to manage managers
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNAugust 3, 2016
Finlay was a great place for work and life balance.I also learned the most about how to manage people thru their corporate regional managers training seminars and the senior management.
Great place to work for professional and personal fulfillment.
Supply Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Finlay because I was given the opportunity for growth within the company. The management and co-workers were supportive. Management encouraged employees to expand their work skills and always tried to promote employee within the organization. I would still be working there but the company closed.
no longer in business
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 28, 2016
no longer in business. N/A I enjoyed the people, the merchandise and the benefits compensation. This was a fun environment where I learned many management skills
Typical Retail
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHOctober 6, 2015
This company is no longer in business. It was a company that leased space in several major retailers to operate the fine jewelry departments.
Sold Jewelry in a department store.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2015
Interview potential employees. Trained new employees. Opened and Closed the jewelry counter as needed. Worked 84 hours during the week leading up to Christmas with no overtime. Sold jewelry, Set up display cases. Repaired jewelry. Conducted inventory.
Fun but a lot of hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people every day and seeing the same people as well coming in buying for there loved ones.
The hardest part for me was the long hours there were times I worked 60-80hrs a week I could not do it any more.
Good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 5, 2015
The company was great to work for. They are no longer in business, enjoyed working for them and I learned alot form them.

a typical day included taking an inventory, putting sales the system and managing team members.
Company would recognize any one for a job well done.
Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 5, 2014
Enjoyed the interaction with the customers. I was manager so I had to hire and train all new associates. Keep dept. up to standards and meet goals.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
firing employees
Really liked working for this company
Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 25, 2014
There was plenty of room for advancement because I worked my way up from a night part-time position when I first started up to manager of the counter when the company closed. My coworkers were always pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of this job was the brutal hours that I had to work during the holiday season but it was also one of the best times to work. Being able to meet customer satisfaction was the best part of the day.
A fun and respectfull place to work in
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus LocationJuly 4, 2014
Daily spot inventory,check payroll hours, set daily goals for every associate, department goals setting,and monthly,set show cases daily,monthly changes of the show cases,replenish merchandise,make the schedules monthly,shipping & receiving merchandise.ea.....
When I started I didnt I didnt know anything about Fine Jewelry, And I also started as in On-Call associate, I worked my way up to Manager.
Co- workers I had very litte turn around. I treated everyone with respect.
the hardest- Hireing people that you can trust,
Enjoyable part of the job-meeting new people, helping them find a great gifts.And make my job fun place to work in for my associates.
An experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 29, 2014
Dealing with the customers at times, I would have to say was not easy. Some were a pleasure to help but others just was not patienced enough.
How to close a sale with a customer.
Management was a good and fun to work with.
My co-workers were great and I had a good time working with them.
I would have to say the hardest part would have to be, when I had to close my dept. by myself especially when the store closed at 11 pm.
The most enjoyable part would have been, the perks of getting a good discount on buying for ourselves.