FINRA Employee Reviews

Decent Company
Market Surveillance Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Decent company to work for. People there are easy to work with and the environment is fairly relaxed. Unfortunately, there is a high turnover rate.
super
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
It was a great experience to learn the regulatory side of the financial sector. I had knowledgeable mentors who were there to help me when help was needed
Backup Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 10, 2018
If you have the time and the opportunity to be busy at your job then this is the place to be. Management is very kind and the atmosphere is very accommodating.
Pros
Lunch and free time to do what you need to
Cons
Very demanding
Excellent Company
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2018
FINRA was the dream company to work at. there were many opportunities to advance a career and management was very supportive. Always was mentoring about financial freedom and saving
Pros
All good
Cons
none I could think of
good corporate environment
Technical Project Lead, Architect (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 18, 2018
Large government-like company in the private sector. Good life-work balance, stable and consistent workflows. On the offset, larger amount of bureaucracy and slow evolution
heavy work load
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 18, 2018
advance technology ,lots of learning opportunity.

title working schedule, have to work overtime every day, have to support deployment every weekend..
Going downhill fast.
Technology Lead (Former Employee) –  RockvilleAugust 2, 2018
Used to be a decent place to work, but no longer. Struggling financially due to lack of technical innovation resulting in the loss of major customers. Too risk averse to change.

Mass layoffs are becoming a yearly occurrence.
Pros
OK benefits. Work with smart, interesting people.
Cons
Nothing technically exciting/challenging anymore. Layoffs.
Oppressive Atmosphere
Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 16, 2018
bureaucratic, hierarchical, zero openness to new ideas and innovation. management entrenched and not able to inspire. policies to allow for telework and other flexibility are not evenly applied.. certain groups are allowed and others are not. non-collaborative across teams. quiet, depressing environment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
terrible culture
Stable but Sedentary
Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
FINRA is an excellent place to work if you desire security and benefits and seek little else. Management at FINRA rarely changes, though examiners experience a much higher turn-over rate. As a result, FINRA is not a very dynamic or inspiring place to work, though it is steady.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Horrible Morale and Culture
Examiner (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 30, 2018
Room for advancement is limited in certain positions, eventually hit a ceiling with opportunities. Great work/life balance, and intelligent colleagues.
Great co-workers / Terrible Senior Mangement
Associate Principal Compliance Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
The workload is overbearing with unrealistic deadlines demanded by management that have no appreciation for the employees' efforts and after hour commitments.

Currently FINRA is laying off - the low level employees with a pension to "save money"...

If they had concept of saving money - FINRA would lay off the top 10% highest paid employees since they bring ZERO value to the any of the examination work product.

FINRA would be a great place if they passed the money down to the lower level employees who bear the brunt of the work load.
Pros
Great co-workers / Nice health benefits
Cons
Terrible Senior Management with zero concept of the work difficulty
Great Work Life Balance
Associate Principal Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
Great environment to learn about the US regulatory industry. Very collaborative environment. You will build perhaps your best working relationships here as everyone is supportive and willing to assist you succeed. Staff can work remotely at least once a week , some more depending on your group. Gets busy with multiple deadlines , however you are not required to work late. Get the work done on time however you see fit - work late or take it home with you. Not for profit organization and so the base salary is not as competitive as other entities. Otherwise, great company to work for!
Pros
Work life balance and great exposure.
Cons
Base salary.
Used to be good...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 28, 2018
Company is failing financially and management is archaic and slow to respond. Compensation is not in tune with cost of living in DC area. Certain departments are resistant to remote work making work/life balance challenging. Benefits are great.
Great work life balance
Sales Practice Examiner (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMarch 27, 2018
I work exactly 40 hours per week. I work from home two days a week which saves me money for commute. Pay comes with salary and bonus. My office is a relatively older group so advancement to management is a log jam but moving through the ranks until manager is possible.
Director of Media Relations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2018
Organization does great work to help protect investors by building and maintaining integrity of our markets. Turn over of employees seemed a bit high a few years ago.
Loved it here!
Desktop Support Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 18, 2018
I was an intern at FINRA @ Rockville location. I was serving as a desktop support analyst. I loved it here, the culture and the people. I wish I could've stayed but there were no openings available.
Pros
lunch, people, culture
Cons
nothing
Intern
Application Security Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Intern program is set up well, but my manager did not spend a lot of time with me and the learning was not there and he expected deliverables without teaching. But the goals of the dept and company are strong and it is a fun place to work and the people that work there are very friendly and eager to mentor you.
Good experience
Junior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2018
. Lots of resources available
. State of the art access to new technologies
. Casual work environment
. Very collegial teams
. Amazing cafeteria with many selections
Pleasent and professional atmosphere to work with dedicated and friendly employees,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2018
I would come in to the office, make my breakfast, set up the conference rooms for whatever event that will take place that day, Check the calendar to see who is expected into the office, run my daily reports, answering phones, process and hand out the mail, file, photo coping, faxing, order lunch, contact person for office machine issues, order office and kitchen supplies, prepare out going mail, plan employee morale events,
The most challenging part was multi tasking having to stop one duties and start something else all the while getting interrupted all day long while having to remain upbeat and pleasant.
I love the variety of job tasks, here was never a dull moment, there was always something different to do everything day, management was laid back, fun and friendly, it was a diversity and I learned how to perfect my skills everyday,
Pros
employee lunches and parties, lots od paid time off, employee discounts
Cons
down sizing
Rewarding work
Principal Examiner (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 18, 2018
A great place to work. Great work/life balance, management that is motivating but not overbearing. The work is fulfilling, rewarding, and important.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FINRA. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about