FireEye Employee Reviews

Good company, positive energy
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 19, 2018
FireEye offers a great spirit of collaboration and works hard to meet employees' needs. The company listens to staff, constantly innovates, and has a positive environment.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
No 401K match
Excellent
Network Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2018
Nice to work there and it was fun. So many activities and enthusiam.
it was exciting to do tasks and see the comoany culture

I learnt and provided lot of solutions.
Good potential, execution critical
Product Management Leader (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 7, 2018
FireEye and its technologies have a good potential, execution critical to be successful.

Company is going through transition to be a cloud/ SaaS services company
Good encouragement by coworkers and friendly work culture
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Typical day starts from having coffee from break rooms with awesome snacks.
My job was to build automation toolkit which was involving lots of hacking in it and I learned setting up networks and working with Python.
FireEye
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
A great company with an amazing fast-paced yet laid back culture. Great teams, employees, comradery, very intelligent co-workers, supportive team, productive meetings, collaboration across teams, and just a great company.
Pros
Great mix of people with amazing culture
Productive good enviroment nice people
SpiderSpider (Current Employee) –  Derry, NHJanuary 17, 2018
It is a good place to work they take care of their employee for time off and laid days off they have great people to work for just a low compensation rate.
Very Technical Environment
Technical Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Very technical and positive environment. Be willing to learn a lot, work hard and understand the competitive landscape. Expected to have your own server farm environment to prove or disprove competitors claims of their features and functionality.
Great Place to Work
Consulting Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 10, 2018
Overall a great place to work but they are struggling transitioning from a product company to a cloud/services company. If they figure that out they will succeed!!
FireEye - the place to be Pre IPO
Corporate sales/Enterprise Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 14, 2017
Such a great experience learning and adapting into Information Security with FireEye. I learned about Network, Email, File, Mobile, Endpoint and more related to ITS. Management always lent a helping hand and allowed individuals to progress if they showed the passion and drive. Work environment was extremely team oriented, everyone on the same war path with the same goal!

hardest part of the job was leaving when the company made drastic changes. Most enjoyable part is the memories and success I had while there.
Pros
lunch, full snack bar drink bar, great people
Cons
poor stock
Good experience
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 23, 2017
Good intern experience at FireEye. Life-balance is pretty good. Have free lunch every Tuesday. People there are very friendly. Some interesting intern activities as well.

Want to know more about FireEye?

Ask a question
One of the worst places I've ever worked
support (Former Employee) –  draper, utahAugust 23, 2017
I have never been treated so badly in my life. I would never recommend this employer to anyone. The management is pathetically disorganized, their software for organizing their HR, inner documentation is a disconnected nebulae of systems.

Management bullies you into getting things done through either passive aggressive behavior, or direct threats.

Never ever work here!
Pros
you get paid
Cons
see above.
Company on decline since IPO. Not fun.
GRC IT Compliance Lead (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 9, 2017
The culture is not practiced consistently through the company. There is flexibility for some but not for other departments. Little work life balance. Hundreds laid off and remaining have to pick up the extra work.
No matching 401K
No proper titles
No opportunity for advancement or a career path
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No matching 401K, salary increases or bonuses
Wonderful, wonderful place to work
Account Development Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 6, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Very little conflict wonderful place to work. wonderful Job Work/life balance very wonderful place to work. wonderful compensation/benefits wonderful place to work.
Great Potential
Account Executive, SMB (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 30, 2016
Great product, management lacks direction and doesn't look to the future. Fast paced industry with a lot of competitors catching up to FireEye.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no career growth path
Stressful and lacks direction
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 14, 2016
The culture is stressful. Management needs to understand that people are their biggest asset. The company lacks alignment and direction. No strategy, no career paths, and no training provided.
Pros
Drinks and snacks
Cons
No work/life balance, unstable
Challenging and fun environment to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 27, 2016
In any given day at FireEye I am working on maintaining business relationships. Reaching out and keeping regular contact with my accounts. I have learned to be a powerful negotiator through working closely with management and being coach-able. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is knowing that sometimes my quota at the end of the quarter is in someone else's hands, such as a business partner etc.
Unsustainable Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 20, 2016
Too much spending on the unnecessary and not enough investment into the workforce. Top heavy HR and Executive staff. Too many hands in the pot and none are communicating.
Pros
Flexible work schedule & able to work from home 98% of the time
Cons
Unsustainable Culture
Lack of leadership
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 20, 2016
Very poor leadership structure, almost non-existent in a sales culture. For a company with a nation in the industry like FireEye, I was deeply disappointed to find out how it was run once I got in.
Great place, short lived
Asset Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 18, 2016
I was only at FireEye for 8 months due to a major restructuring involving 400+ layoffs. During my time, I fit right in with my team and others groups. Management understood my life work balance and was able to take PTO with a days notice. You got unlimited sick and PTO per year, and they paid for most of my medical. Free catered lunch by Opah. Wish I could have stayed, I was able to learn asset recovery and add to my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, unlimited PTO and sick time
Cons
Micro managed feeling at times. Cubes felt dated. Layoffs 8 months after I started.
Okay Place
Sr. Firewall/Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 15, 2016
The engineers are very dedicated and fun to work with.
The management is another story! The older management has been pushed out and a set of new management team is implementing useless ideas and projects. You cannot believe what they tell you either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FireEye. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at FireEye.