Firefly Aerospace Employee Reviews

Make rockets AND free coffee?! SOLD
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 27, 2018
I'm still in shock that I get to work here. It's a once in three lifetimes opportunity and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Yes, the work is hard. No, I don't stick to a 40 hour work-week. But the best things in life don't come without work.

Firefly is still small enough that most of us work in one of the two central Texas locations and we all know each other. What that means is, if I want to move to another department, all I have to do is ask.

Project ownership is something that a lot of companies talk about, but it's really the focus here. Sure that's a bit more responsibility that some people aren't ready for, but I like to know that I'm a critical part of my product.

Despite Texas summers, I don't have any plans to do anything else!
Pros
Free Coffee, horizontal mobility, Project ownership, stock options
Cons
Texas is hot (I'm from Colorado)
Good place to gain experience
DRAFTER DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 8, 2018
Fast past environment to learn from a lot of experienced intelligent people. Get to learn a lot of new things and collaborate with engineers and designers.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
bureaucratic, pay, random layoffs, crashes
Official response from Firefly Aerospace
August 6, 2018

We are really sorry you have not been pleased with your experience so far at Firefly.

I urge you to come talk a member or human resources or even a member of the executive team to discuss your concerns; specifically the point of random layoffs and crashes as there have been zero to date and maybe they can help understand why you think there has.

Great place to work!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 19, 2016
Firefly had a great environment to work in, and the people were very nice there. It's a cool company to be a part of; I really enjoyed what I did. The only downfall is that the company shut down.
Pros
Free t-shirts, fun company parties
Cons
weld burns
Great company
Propulsion Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 4, 2016
This is a great rocket startup company, there is a lot to do. With everything to do there is a lot of responsibility, and that comes with some pressure to perform. Since it is a new company the review process is a little confusing but everyone is trying to get things done so everyone is helpful.
Pros
Very innovative, a lot of cool work, great people
Cons
Small company changes directions often.
Interesting Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2015
A hard lesson we all have to learn is to never let your ego cloud your judgment.

The head man certainly has the academic credentials, but has yet to learn to listen to anyone else but himself. Performance requirements and design constraints need to be founded on good science and engineering. Basing these things on your ego will result in a rocket that is never going to fly.

Firefly hires recent graduates that are full of knowledge and great ideas, but short on experience. The world of imperfect materials and manufacturing tolerances will hit them hard.

Best of luck to all.
Pros
Really cool rockets
Cons
Poorly defined design objectives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firefly Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about