Firefly Aerospace Employee Reviews

Run for your life!
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Briggs, TXMarch 1, 2019
Horrible executive management to say the least. Firefly is full of smoke and mirrors . The company is a sinking ship moral wise and product wise. They can't keep a qualified enginner no matter how much money is thrown at them. The program is massively behind schedule and lacking key items. Don't expect to be treated like a human as your only a number that can be worked to death. If you love 65+ hour weeks and a mafia style HR and leadership apply now!

Keep in mind money is not everything and family is.
Pros
Free soda, snacks
Cons
No work life balance, low moral, Ceo, Hr .
Make rockets AND free coffee?! SOLD
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 27, 2018
I'm still in shock that I get to work here. It's a once in three lifetimes opportunity and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Yes, the work is hard. No, I don't stick to a 40 hour work-week. But the best things in life don't come without work.

Firefly is still small enough that most of us work in one of the two central Texas locations and we all know each other. What that means is, if I want to move to another department, all I have to do is ask.

Project ownership is something that a lot of companies talk about, but it's really the focus here. Sure that's a bit more responsibility that some people aren't ready for, but I like to know that I'm a critical part of my product.

Despite Texas summers, I don't have any plans to do anything else!
Pros
Free Coffee, horizontal mobility, Project ownership, stock options
Cons
Texas is hot (I'm from Colorado)
Great place to work!
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXDecember 19, 2016
Firefly had a great environment to work in, and the people were very nice there. It's a cool company to be a part of; I really enjoyed what I did. The only downfall is that the company shut down.
Pros
Free t-shirts, fun company parties
Cons
weld burns
Great company
Propulsion Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 4, 2016
This is a great rocket startup company, there is a lot to do. With everything to do there is a lot of responsibility, and that comes with some pressure to perform. Since it is a new company the review process is a little confusing but everyone is trying to get things done so everyone is helpful.
Pros
Very innovative, a lot of cool work, great people
Cons
Small company changes directions often.
Interesting Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2015
A hard lesson we all have to learn is to never let your ego cloud your judgment.

The head man certainly has the academic credentials, but has yet to learn to listen to anyone else but himself. Performance requirements and design constraints need to be founded on good science and engineering. Basing these things on your ego will result in a rocket that is never going to fly.

Firefly hires recent graduates that are full of knowledge and great ideas, but short on experience. The world of imperfect materials and manufacturing tolerances will hit them hard.

Best of luck to all.
Pros
Really cool rockets
Cons
Poorly defined design objectives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firefly Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

Firefly Aerospace Reviews by Location