Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,923 reviews matching the search See all 1,939 reviews
Each branch individually owned and operated. This branch not run well by owner.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 14, 2019
Hardest part of the job was keeping staff. Lots of turnover. Took advantage of salaried employees. No benefits other than meals. I learned that it's difficult to keep staff due to owners treating people poorly.
Pros
Meals included in work day
Cons
Took advantage of salaried managers
Excellent work place
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 13, 2019
It was a great place to work, loyal employees and excellent management I was always happy and willing to learn new tasks and customers loved to talk and have a conversation with you.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High stress environment
Easy work nothing complicate, team work,
Cashier, Customer Service, Food Prep, Crew member (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 13, 2019
Its easy to work here. A lot of work you are never doing nothing, busy store. I liked the discount on lunch, but they dont have benefits. No opportunity to grow.
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
administration are rude with employees
Fun place day to day, overall not great though.
Server (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 12, 2019
When I worked at Firehouse, I loved my day to day job. The crew was like family and the manager was like a mother, and treated everyone fairly, including those she'd known longer than most. But the upper management, including the owner, did not keep up with the store and tended to blame the rest of us for the store's shortcomings. Things like equipment breaking routinely due to wear and tear or the building's air conditioning system going out was blamed on us, and we were constantly talked down to by them. The manager was working 80-90+ hours a week and was belittled for everything, including things like employees injuring themselves and filling out incident reports, or the store not having some things that she needed bc they didn't tell us about a change in how items were listed. If you are in the Brandon area, I would not recommend working at a Firehouse Subs, but hopefully everywhere else, they would be a great place to work.
Pros
Discounts of 50% on days you work for one sub
Cons
No breaks outside of high school unless medical emergencies, constantly understocked, poor upper management
It's okay, not the best to work at.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 12, 2019
It's easy and all that, but the other workers there, eh. The restaurant cool looking inside and nice environment. It's probably the easiest job I've ever had, but it's temporary.
Pros
Discounts and free drinks.
Cons
Not many hours.
Best place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
I can honestly say Firehouse Subs is a great place to work. The owners are amazing and they care. You have opportunities to move up in the company, and you meet all types of wonderful customers. I miss working their, and wouldn't mind going back.
Pros
Free lunches exciting people
Cons
Not enough time to enjoy
Great workplace environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2019
The staff always makes everyone feel at home, whether its a customer or a new employee. The employee's at my Firehouse location were like a family and we got the job done while always being able to have fun within our professional limit.
Pros
discounts on subs
bad managment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 10, 2019
its like working in a high school setting. Very unprofessional! i recommend this job if you are just starting out,possibly a hight school student. as an adult, i do not recommend.
Would have loved to stick around, and as much as I enjoyed working for them, they told me I wasn't a good fit for their company's system.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2019
Would have loved to stick around, and as much as I enjoyed working for them, they told me I wasn't a good fit for their company's system and let me go after the 2-week trial basis
Mike Levers summary of Firehouse Subs
steamer crew (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 9, 2019
Firehouse subs is a family place where you can bring the kids for a fun filled experience for good food and great service. We treat each customer like they are family, and that is our standard. We also treat our employee staff as if they are family too. So come on down to Firehouse subs for a great time you won't soon forget!
Pros
Everyone, staff and customers, are treated like family
Cons
Cant think of anything
firehouse subs is a good place but the managers can ruin it for you.
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 9, 2019
firehouse subs is a good restaurant but the managers are not so good. it is fairly easy and can be easy to work on a normal day. i liked working there.
Pros
discount
Cons
busy days
Very exciting and fast paced
Monkey Junction - Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2019
Loved working here . It was a very enjoyable experience. The only thing is the salary was low compared to cost of living and not much room for pay increase.
Pros
quick paced, exciting
Cons
stressful at times, salary
A good place for friends
Food preparation/Register (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Firehouse Subs is a good place to work. I would recommend this as a first job due to the responsibility and easy-going nature it brings. You can make friends fast here, and the work is not that bad. You make subs and take them into the dining room for people, and when you aren't doing that you clean whatever needs cleaned. Easy job with nice people.
Pros
50% discounts on 1 sub/salad and 1 side/combo
Job I loved
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Busy, leared more about safe serve, had a good manager who would listen to your concerns and problems. And tried to fix all problems and concerns. I have to say I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Can grow with this company
Cons
Need more bennifits and pay could be better
Can be a good job just needs a whole restructure of the restaurant
Senior manger (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 6, 2019
I started as a crew member and moved up quickly there. Yet i am a single mother of 4 and had some personal things going on in which they knew all about they knew what schedule i needed and they said it would be perfect. Shortly after things changed my hours changed amd the staff and place was just not having a healthy gm to lead them. If it were to turn around or have a new leader i believe it would be a great job! I did love it there and most the staff was amazing just needs more leadership and organization and structure is all!
One store in particular
Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 5, 2019
At my location the manager is illiterate horrible at scheduling. Gets paid to not show up to work steals money and is rude with unprofessional ways of speaking to people. Exspecially women. His mother owns the locaation so nothing you say will be punishable.
Pros
50% food
Cons
EverythIng else
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Juncos, PRFebruary 5, 2019
Good Fun Place to work at...
Great Team Good Employees Confidence Good Shfts
Can’t complaint about my Store
Need to love what you do and have great customer Service
great work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 4, 2019
it was fast and easy i enjoyed the ppl there alot was really nice people knew who i was when they came in all around a great work place the food was super good too.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Somewhat fun at times depends on management
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67209February 3, 2019
Good first job but doesn’t give you much room for growth. Management was a little rough at points espiclly right now. Owners care a lot about the stores.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management isn’t great. They don’t hire the best people
Great working place for students and transitional periods.
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXFebruary 2, 2019
I have been with the firehouse corporation for the better part of five years. It was my first job and I've moved up to management with it. There just comes a time when you have to branch out and try something new. The job was starting to become a bit to "routine" for lack of a better word. I loved my coworkers and the general atmosphere for the workplace, but the lack of certain people in the certain roles put strain on those who could perform well.
Pros
Free lunches and drinks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss