Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,630 reviews matching the search See all 1,637 reviews
Decent company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 22, 2018
Not a particularly bad company to work for. The tasks included in the job are simple enough. Often times, there are a decent number of tasks to be completed.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 20, 2018
I was over quailified for this job and was very boring for me. There was no challenge. They could n't give anyone 40 hours so most everyone was part time.
Pros
Its good job for students only. It also is a good starter jobs for first time workers.
Cons
Not a ggod job to make a living at.
Fun and fast environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 19, 2018
Firehouse Subs is a fun and fast paced environment. Teamwork plays a huge role in how the stores function. I learned how to be a team player and how to be a team leader.
My review
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 19, 2018
I loved working at Firehouse Subs the manager was very nice and the employees were nice. The best thing about working at Firehouse Subs the manager gave me Sundays and my pay was not enough.
Ehhhhh
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 19, 2018
Work if you want the money at the time I just warn an say look out for payday cause you never know what you get that's from me but the managers are great the pace of the place is easy going
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  8600 wardparkwayOctober 18, 2018
At Firehouse subs I got to learn how to make sandwiches pretty quick and got along with almost all of my co workers. If I needed help the manager was always there to show me how everything is supposed to be done.
Got By
Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 18, 2018
If you’re thinking about giving Firehouse a chance to be your employer just know that they like a lot of minimum wage jobs only take care of there shift leads and managers, if you are a crew member you wont be eligible for benefits. With that said it was a great place for a part-time employment position, not overwhelming great place if you want minimum duties.
Pros
Discounts for lunch
Cons
Desperate for Leadership
Good company. Public Safety Fund allows first responders to receive life saving equipment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 17, 2018
A typical fast food restaurant with easy cleaning duties. Firehouse subs is a less hectic, more focus driven sandwich restaurant with a superb collection of meats and superior tastes.
Pros
Employee discounts on meals.
Cons
Minimum wage work
Productive work place environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 16, 2018
Firehouse subs is a great job to work out for first time high school students. It teaches you how to conduct yourself in an establishment and how to serves others. Firehouse Subs aims to provide customers with a great experience and wonderful memories for staff and customers. Though it can be a hectic job at times it teaches you to preserver when the tough get going. Above all no matter what integrity and kindness is always rewarded. This job is not a job one should want to stay at for a long time, but there are many advantages to those who choose this job as their first.
Productive fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALOctober 15, 2018
The team members where great. You get along great with everyone. The job keeps you busy, so the time get by faster than it seems. The food prep wasn't hard. Easy fun place to work
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
not enough pay
Horrible management that gets away with anything
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCOctober 14, 2018
Managers are disrespectful And Bullies. Criticizes and talks about their own employees behind their backs because they can. You’re a janitor working here while the managers make the sandwiches. They get away with everything so don’t be surprised if they talk to you and treat and kind of way.You were warned.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
It was a major nightmare
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZOctober 13, 2018
Working here was a headache. The GM I had at the time was a self centered, egotistical, selfish jerk. The owner is two faced and would lie to your face. If you werent doing well in their mind instead of talking to you they would cut your hours.
Pros
Free drinks
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2018
Firehouse subs is a good environment. The people is good and the management is good. The typical work day is long and can be either fast or slow. The most part I enjoyed was meeting new people and talking with the employees.
a very good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2018
I loved working at the job because it was very little problems. The customers loved tipping and greeting us the coworkers is very helpful wenever you need them to be the job is very helpful
Easy fun work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
Great place to work and make extra money. Not a job that can pay all your bills and hours can be limited at times. Definetly need another source of income.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low hours
ok job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 9, 2018
Firehouse is a great job if your desprite for a job that pays. however working there, you will not get paid what you worth, at any fast food resturatnt. Great staff, great managment.
Pros
discount on food, while working
Cons
it is fast food.
loved working here.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 6, 2018
some days were rough but most were fun. everyday was a new day. i enjoyed the atmosphere, everyone worked as a team and if there was someone who didn't help out there would be a punishment so management was fair as well.
i didn't like it
Shift leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIOctober 5, 2018
everyone was cool at the store i worked at besides the owner, he didn't appreciate anything an was barely around to help. he was only around to complain to us that things weren't done right
Pros
the subs were good i guess
Cons
a lot
Not enough hours for a household to survive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 5, 2018
Nice setting but not enough hours or pay for someone with bills for a household and kids customers are nice food is good coworkers are young and full of energy some anyways
Pros
Face pace
Cons
No hours
Productive to a degree
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2018
I was happy with the day to day once we had a strong team behind us. I was willing to stay longer if I didn't move states. Overall atmosphere was positive and was happy with hours provided even though I wasn't on salary, yet.
Pros
Shift managers free one mweal each day worked and percentages off meals for all employees.
Cons
Short breaks, health care plans, quick turn around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss