Firehouse Subs Employee Reviews

Found 1,521 reviews matching the search See all 1,526 reviews
Fun untill we shut down.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYAugust 18, 2018
Overall was a fun place to be and was fun to work with people to get along with. The staff quickly became friends and are a pleasure to work with. Sadly we had the leave due to the place closing down.
Very steady restaurant. Fast past work. Productive at all times. Customer service.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2018
Store hours are 10:30am-9pm.
Go in at 8, open and prep store getting it ready for opening.
Prepare change orders and order produce and inventory. Receive catering orders and also deliver.
Awful place to work
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 16, 2018
Owner did a bad job at managing restaurant himself, and refused to hire a general manager for one of his stores, bad communication, always short staffed and under trained employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
low hours
It was ok for the year I did it.
Steamer Crew (Former Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
After spending a single year with the company left me feeling like I could have done better for work. It was a part time job that I would not do again.
Good Gig
Manager (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 15, 2018
Well rounded establishment that is very easy to manage. I only worked up to shift manager in college but it had great food and a great atmosphere at my location.
A good place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2018
Firehouse Subs was a good work experience. It was new to the St Louis area when I worked there. I enjoyed the job experience that i can afd to my resume.
Fast pace work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 14, 2018
I was able to work around some hardworking individuals and lead by a strong managing staff. Every time I came in for work I was always greeted with a pleasant energy from my coworkers.
okay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 14, 2018
I wasn't getting paid for the amount of hours I worked. I worked around 40 hours for 2 weeks and my pay was only $70. That happened a couple of times.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Poor pay
Bad
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeworth fl 33463August 14, 2018
There is no organization or general direction. The play with peoples money and are constantly hiring new people because they know no one is going to stay.
Stressful and manager was a jerk.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2018
The manager was always on my a** and I couldn't seem to do anything fast enough. Work was very hard with low pay. And the schedule was not flexible and I didn't get any say in what days I worked.
Pros
Food tasted really good
Cons
mean manager and only 25% off food
Not a place to work at
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 12, 2018
People that work there have no way to advance easily if they want to. Also the owner and managers don't tell you what you did wrong or how to fix it they just up and fire you.
Pros
Cons
not worth working there
Poor Management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 12, 2018
From the beginning Firehouse was hard to work with. My first pay check was the wrong amount and it took them 4 days to fix it. I'm still in school and I gave my manager my availability weekly and without fail he scheduled me when I wasn't available every week, sometimes shifts only when I wasn't available. It was a hassle fighting with my manager over availability every week. Also there was an issue with harassment from another co-worker that was never addressed to the said co-worker.
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Inflexible schedule and poor management
Bad Management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 12, 2018
When i worked there the staff was either calling out because they were sick or they were 30 min late. The work conditions were cramped and the overall friendliness of the staff was pretty lacking in most Situations
Team.member (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 12, 2018
Nice people to work with.. great food clean work place . Anyone should apply I think.u would like.it. I do miss the job but had to move. Hated to leave
food
Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2018
They were a good environment. fun to work for and very nice owners. they were very understanding when you couldn't come into work. very clean place to work.
Fun place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 8, 2018
Its a very fast paced Resturant you have to be fast ,good,and clean with everything you do.at first i was kind of scared a lilttle then i started fo get the hang of it its very easy.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
2 weeks pay
A 'black and white' job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 8, 2018
A typical day at firehouse subs usually consisted from 8:00a.m-3:00p.m, 5 days a week. It was a slow work place environment with a lower than average customer volume (40-70 customers in an hour) Where a good percentage of profit came from catering order. Nothing about the job was relatively hard. The store manager and co-owner were constantly back and forth between 3 stores under the 2 of them. My role as assistant manager was to run the main tasks in their absence (Majority of my shifts). I took care of counting and balancing the tills, the morning deposits, the truck and produce orders, store inventory, and catering orders (all done in the mornings), on top of running the shift for the day. I needed no more than 5 people (including myself) to run a shift comfortably, and it was only ever challenging when trying to run a shift with 3 people (including myself).
Good work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
Very good work place every one is coordinate and know what they're doing very good job culture under good management good benefits alot of skills under your belt after job
Pros
Break when wanted
Cons
Short breaks
General
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
It’s a good places to work especially when you have time on your hands. I would refer this job to young people with good energy and who get good sleep at night. It also good for the ones who like to stay active.
Fun loving friends and family vibes
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work, always good people and kind customers. Easy work, good hours, and good pay. Can be stressful at times, but it can be as slow as it can be fast. Management was always friendly and I've kept in touch with almost everyone who I've both worked with and under.
Pros
Food, friends, easy going, not too much work
Cons
Can be fast-paced, owner/manager can play a big role

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firehouse Subs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight