FireKeepers Casino Battle Creek Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A fun and great place to work
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 21, 2018
I always arrive one half hour before I am schedule to work. After clockinging in I check with my supervison for any promotions of the day. Than start my job doing by best to keep customers happy and parking and retrieving cars in a timely manor.
My average amout of cars park and retrieved a night is 125 in 8 hours.

I learned the many ways of starting a car. Customer care ,teamwork, values of firekeepers.

Management is great to work with and to help you if needed. They have incentives to motivate you to do your best.

Dealing with the unexpected is the hardest part of the job, from intoxicated people to people who are aggravated from losing money.

I work with many different cultures from indian to arabic, mexican, asian and many more.

Working with corworkers and regular customers are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
N/a
Paradise City
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 16, 2018
Best place I ever worked. Only a coward and a fraud would have a bad thing to say. The support is endless, culture is encouraging and management is caring. Highly recommend if your going to school, have kids and or work two jobs as scheduling is flexible.
Pros
Support, development, scheduling, culture, environment
Cons
Very low pay, extreme weather, no reasonable retirement benefit
Garbage
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 16, 2017
I've never been so miserable working for a company. my manager has no problem letting you know you're insignificant and will be replaced at his earliest convenience. the people that actually do their jobs split tips with the lazy, useless scum that don't bother to do their jobs. they're over staffed. the best part though is how often they lie. from the start they lied about the pay which I guessed, no valet makes 20/hr on average. and then it just gets worse. they lie about audits they have no idea who is actually a decent worker and who isn't.
Pros
health insurance is amazing, good tdr
Cons
poor management, habitual lying
Poor management
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 15, 2017
Poor management, no out times, long work hours depending on position, sometimes no breaks, if you dont take a break they take it from your check anyway, no leeway with call offs even if in hospital with doctor note
Pros
Cheap lunch, bonuses, paid time off
Cons
Listed above
eas
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MINovember 7, 2017
it was easy, however lack of pay got to me, unless your a dealer machine attendant server your not going to make any money there and thats why i left.
fast paced, stressful
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 28, 2017
working at Firekeepers had its pros and cons just as any other employer. I wouldn't mind working there if I had the chance to. the pay should be more but the job its self wasn't hard.
Pros
half off lunches, garenteed 2 days off a week
Cons
short staffed, sometimes unprofesstional
Its an OK place to work for
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 4, 2017
The management sucks there. They only advance people who are brown nosers not actually people that know their job and department. The management that has been there since day 1 can get away with anything. The benefits are really good there. Culture and atmosphere is awesome there it is a fun place to work.
Pros
$3 dollar lunches. Bonuses. Chance to win gifts. Benefits. Great place for brown nosers
Cons
Work schedules are crazy. Management is not good. Short breaks. Strict rules
Fun place to work.
EVS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 26, 2017
There's never a same day working at Firekeepers. There's always something new. Firekeepers cares about their employees and their well being. Their benifts package is awesome and their 2 bonuses a year is GREAT too.
Pros
Discounted lunch, bonuses, insurance, Pto
Cons
None that I can think of.
Absolutely awful, do not recommend
Stewarding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 6, 2017
Department supervisors are awful. Rampant harassment, of all kinds especially of female staff, backstabbing of fellow supervisors as well as floor staff. No team work with very little training. Set up from the beginning to fail.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management, poor teamwork from fellow supervisors
great place
fine dining line cook (Current Employee) –  battle creek miApril 30, 2017
Love working at firekeeper... Great benefits and pay.. Always busy and they really care about there employees. If looking for a job firekeeper is the place.
benefits
Cons
hours
Fun place to work: poor compensation
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Firekeepers Casino Battle CreekMarch 23, 2017
I loved my job as an EVS attendant, enjoyed the guests, and the atmosphere. The downfall was the pay. After two years, I did not receive a single raise, because I transferred to housekeeping at the hotel (which is the same department as EVS).
It just wasn't worth my long drive to work there anymore for such low pay, so I had to find a better paying job.
I would recommend people to the EVS department if you are an energetic, people person. It really is a lot of fun.
Pros
Guest interaction, fun atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, hard to advance
Dead end job with no advancement
Red hot rewards representative (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Unless you are of tribal descent, you will advance no further than your entry position, or a lateral position, 8 times out of ten. The pay is decent, and the paid time off is good, but the health benefits are poor, and the lack of security for team members from drunken, violent guests, and lack of communication between departments make it very difficult to recommend as an employer.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Dangerous, No communication, no advancement.
Good place to work for and great people to work with as well
House keeper attendant (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I have liked working for them but I need to find a better job with better pay and people that actually appreciate what you do. For their company and they have great people there but the job is not for me.
Pros
It's a great work place
Cons
To much drama
fun
Steward (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 8, 2016
the day mostly consist of washing dishes and cleaning the cook line. the hardest part about the job is when the restaurant is busy and the cooks need plates.
Dealt table games
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 24, 2015
I would get assigned my table to deal. I would step up welcome the customers and spend time with multiple types of people every night. Some good attitudes some bad, but I would have to talk to them so they wouldn't get upset for losing.