Firelands Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive and diverse workplace with an understanding staff.
Dietary Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 8, 2018
Staff is friendly, work is fair, and management is understanding and willing to work with staff under certain circumstances. The hours ar flexible and the benefits are very good.
An okay place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 9, 2018
It would be a better place to work if their wasn't such a turn around on phlebotomist. Also, lots of call offs. The management is always changing. They hire too many people to be "leads" when we really just need people to draw blood.
Poor Management,
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 9, 2018
Work 12 hour shifts, yelled at if you do anything wrong. I have been told i was incompetent by some nurses ive worked with. They just make you feel like nothing you do is good enough. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
everythinng
Horrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Horrible horrible place to work I worked in housekeeping. Unless you sucked up to the supervisors they treated you awful.

Over worked and underpaid, they had favorites and you couldn't trust anyone whatsoever they were horrible. HR was useless. Only person you could trust was yourself.

The insurance sucked and was super expensive and useless. I wouldn't let my cat work here
Pros
Vending, discounts
Cons
Everything in the hospital
Fast paste and friendly atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working there it was the same job but yet different everyday and I loved that. I loved the people I worked with the hardest part was when we were short staffed and super busy it made it a little crazy at times. I have learned how to deal with all different types of people in a professional way.
Pros
I was able to have a good relationship with my co-workers
Cons
sometime there was no breaks due to it being busy
I loved working at Firelands Regional Medical Center!
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I loved working at Firelands Regional Medical Center! It was organized, high pace and a comfortable environment. t was overall a great place to work!!
Overworked and underpaid staff
Educator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Across the company many departments are overworked and underpaid, and unfortunately many long term employees are complacent with this. Employees are replaceable and undervalued. The culture does not support health or work-life balance. Benefits are rather expensive as well, especially for a self-insured company. It seems as if they strive to be mediocre in pay and benefits. They do not invest in the health of their employees.
Pros
Many friendly people work here.
Cons
Short breaks - if any, pricey benefits, minimal vacation, lack of work life balance, negative unhealthy culture overall.
Fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHNovember 20, 2017
I only interned at Firelands but when I did I enjoyed it. I got to sit on counseling sessions, and group meetings. I really liked it there, and would have loved to work there but I changed my major
Undergoing Alot of Change with bad management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 10, 2017
Firelands Medical Center is a good place to work. Currently the lab is undergoing a lot of changes. With bad management at the lead of the changes it makes it for a place to work right now. Management does whatever they see fit with no concern on how things affect employees. Management does not effectively communicate with staff and does not effectively use good employees
Waste of time
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 6, 2017
Unless you kiss up to your superiors, you will never advance in position here. Horrible supervisors and department director. Staff are overworked and wayyyy underpaid.
Pros
Lunch on site, vending machines, discounts
Cons
Poor management
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870November 1, 2017
Productive, challenging place to work. Friendly, supportive environment. Great leadership and team oriented atmosphere. The only con for me is the drive.
Cons
distance drive
Unit Co-Ordinator
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OhioOctober 26, 2017
It was a good place to work but I felt I did more of the orderly work than the job I was hired for as Unit Co-Ordinator. Long hours & drive with little compensation.
Pros
parking & discounts on services & prescriptions.
Cons
The long hours & long drive from Toledo
Good Place To Start
Certified Registered Central Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 9, 2017
Firelands is a good place to start. They have really good staff education, and learning opportunities. The compensation is lower than the national average.
Educational and Experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870August 16, 2017
Learned new software
Management is great
Workplace culture is great
Enjoy working with everyone in the office and the patients
Intern in two different offices and both are very educational
Your replaceable unless your Friends or Family***
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 2, 2017
I was there for years. I did not have Friends or Family there when I got hired. I was always given the workload nobody wanted not to mention the hardest . And I was not even given fair pay or bonuses. After many years of hard work and great reviews with many performance awards when a fulltime position finally came up it was given to an outsider of the department which was Friends with the Big Boss. Very ungreatfull to the common hard working individual. No job security unless your Friends or Family they will replace you whenever and with whoever they wish.
Pros
Co workers were friendly and professional
Cons
Bosses were unfair and heartless
Excellent Place to work
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 28, 2017
Seeing clients was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with documentation. Managment was helpful and very supportive. Workplace culture friendly and accepting. Interested in client well being. Offerred opportunity to learn with many CEU's credits available.
Pros
Excellent supervison. Caring work culture
Cons
Too many clients for hours in day. paperwork
Good experience
Unit Coordinator/Orderly (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 18, 2017
For someone going into the healthcare field, this is a great place to work to get some experience and make sure it is something that you want to do with your life.
Does not value long standing hard working Employees
Home Health (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 5, 2017
Friends and Family are 1st before anything. Everyone is replaceable unless you are one or the other. Family/Friends by far are treated better with job assignments/hours given as they are always 1st and foremost. Wages and time off are too not equal to regular Employees. Director will replace you no matter how long your employment they do not value or care about their staff if someone they know wants your job they get it.
Pros
Benefits/some
Cons
No Equal Employment here
Quiet, work at your own pace environment
Receptionist, Firelands Physicians Group office (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 31, 2017
I was given the necessary tools to fulfill my duties as a receptionist in the Firelands Physician Group billing office which included taking incoming calls and distributing mail.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Did not interact with people all the time
Good place
Human Resources File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 17, 2017
Overall nice people and treat employees/volunteers well. I had good managers and would recommend this company to anyone if necessary. Friendly place to be.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firelands Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight