Firely Pediatric Services Inc Management reviews

Great Place to Work for Experience and Family Environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 14, 2019
As a new nurse this is a great place to gain experience and be welcomed into a family environment.
Lots of opportunity to increase specialty skills while having flexibility and a low patient load.
Pros
Patients, Management
Wonderful Place to Work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 13, 2019
Firely Services is an excellent place to be employed. From new grads to seasoned nurses this organization offers a wide range of diversity among employment opportunities and unlimited experience potential. Extensive training is provided for all those entering into the organization including trach/ventilator training. Ongoing education and skill competencies are consistently given. The workplace culture is outstanding, a family feel with buildable long-term relationships with patients and coworkers. Management is considerate and always willing to address concerns and support the nursing staff. If you are looking for a new opportunity or looking for a lifelong commitment and comfortability this is the place to be.
Poor management
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAMay 4, 2019
Firely pediatrics management personnel are very unprofessional , unorganized , and only care about making money , not patient care . They will hire anybody with a pulse . They only value the opinion of the nurses . The patient care is horrible here. I would never let my loved one stay at any Firely pediatric facility .
Pros
Good health insurance, 12 hr shifts
Cons
Poor management, workplace bullying
poor management and employees
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanatoga, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Many employees have a poor work ethic. Employees are always calling out or there are not enough staff. Often called in on on-call day. Management needs to screen potential employees better and need to address any concerns employees have in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor management, employees that do not want to work, always being called in, poor PTO rates
Former employee
Full time Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PADecember 6, 2018
This job is the worse place i ever worked for and i have been in the Nursing field for 7 years. The managers of 2 of the divisions there are horrible people. They do not care about the Clients or the Staff. All they care about is the money they receive for the Clients. You are constantly left understaffed and that is dangerous to you and the Patients. Tou have no help from upper Management. This is why their turn over rate is so high. They can’t keep good staff, only the horrible ones stay. I would never work for them again. If you like working ok the medical field do not go work for this company. You will loose your credentials messing around with them.
Pros
Low Nurse to Patient ratio
Cons
Horrible Benefits, No staff, Horrible Management, Steal clients money, False Documenting by Management, Clients dying due to poor Nursing skills, Delay in Care to Clients
A Bad Place to work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown PASeptember 7, 2018
The first time I went for an interview wit my mum. The nurses there looked drained and their eyes were sagging and skin was blue due to stress. You have to lift disabled teenagers with no hoyer lift. This isn’t good for the backbone. Management doesn’t care about the well being of their employees. Nurses and Aides are given up to 10kids to watch and care for in a day without help. And you are offered 11 per hour for these!They are short staffed. Invest on hoyer lifts! Or reduce the stress on employees
Pros
Cons
Lifting and transporting kids with no help
I enjoy working for the company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PASeptember 4, 2018
I think they need to get management under control . great company to work for . Great company over all very flexible and they will work with you for time off as needed.
Surprised it has received so many good ratings
RN (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 6, 2018
This company is one of the most poorly managed companies I have ever worked for. It was great to gain experience and I loved my patients. However, the management was lacking and did not care about staff or patients. At the end of the day, they used most of the patients' money/benefits for themselves. The schedule was always a disaster and there was never enough staff. At times, there would be 1-2 nurses for 3-4 trach/vent patients. If there was an emergency, YOU as the nurse were IT. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
the patients were amazing
Cons
management, schedule, short staffed
A good start for a new grad RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PANovember 16, 2017
If you are willing to work, you will always get your hours , pleasant families, awesome management, a lot of support from the agency.
They will always provide training until you feel comfortable to work by your own.
Pros
workplace culture, management, benefits
Can be a fun place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAAugust 1, 2017
A very relaxing job, that can get very busy at times. It is stressful because of the acuity of the residents. The management have great communication skills. Love working there, but I do feel underpaid at times.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
low pay
Good place to work in home care one on one with client
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJune 29, 2017
Firely Pediatric Home Care is a small home care company privately owned and really cares for servicing their clients. Management is supportive when needed. The hardest part of the job is always staying within professional boundaries at all times because working in a home environment with the client and family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in the home environment and being able to care for your client's the way all clients should be taken care of.
Pros
Working one on one with clients
Cons
Working with some clients in their home environment
Would never work here again
LPN (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJune 15, 2017
As a new nurse, they just throw you out there with only three days of orientation. Management was awful and never helpful. Always short staffed and not enough supplies in the houses. Thankful for the opportunity to work with trach and vent patients but other than that, everything else was horrible.
Pros
good experience with trach and vent patients
Cons
awful environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PA and Sanatoga, PAJanuary 4, 2017
As a new graduate I had difficulty finding a position that didn't require a certain amount of experience. Firely was willing to hire me as a new graduate and give me the experience I needed. Even though I now have the experience many of the original institutions/agencies required, I can't see myself anywhere else but Firely. I love going to work every day! I love working with these children and can't help loving each one of them. It is so fulfilling to work in a place where I know I am making a difference. I work in two of the residential facilities and also in a homecare situation. These allow me the variety that I wouldn't get somewhere else. Firely is a family based company that welcomed me as one of it's own from the beginning. Management has always worked with me on scheduling and is very accommodating. The owners and management treat their employees well and care so very much for the clients too. I would definitely recommend Firely to someone looking for a job.
Pros
Varied schedule and positions available
Firely Pediatric Services
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PADecember 2, 2016
As a new grad fresh out of nursing school 5 years ago, NOBODY would give me a chance and hire me. That is, until I found out about Firely Pediatric Services. Thanks to this wonderful company I have been very happily employed there for over 5 years now with no plans to leave. People ask why I don't go work in a hospital with all that experience under my belt all the time. I wouldn't trade my AMAZING management, my helpful, knowledgeable staff, and fantastic work environment, just to go and become a number in a huge hospital where nobody knows who I am. Firely has become my second family, and I encourage any new grads to come get their feet wet in a challenging and rewarding environment.
Pros
Fun, rewarding, challenging, great atmosphere, excellent boss
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanatoga and Harelysville PADecember 2, 2016
I have worked at the Sanatoga and Harleysville house for a year and a half. The staff is extremely friendly and work very hard in making each kid feel special. You will get a lot more experience then you expect, but still have a very low stress job. I would definitely recommend it as a first time job or a job for people who are looking for something a little less stressful then the hospitals. The management is a little bit of a concern for me. I work night shift and very rarely see my manager. The way she communicates is through letters she post up at the houses. Sometimes the letters can come off a little harsh or threatening. However I would still say very good things about my manager if ever asked. She is extremely nice and has been very helpful when I have needed help. I love working for Firely it's a great company and an extremely lovely family who truly cares about what they are doing.
Pros
Friendly co workers, great experience
Worst place to work!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  AllentownAugust 22, 2016
I worked at firely as a nurse and if you are a two face backstabber that gossips about your co workers behind their back, then this is the right place for you! Disgusting place full of mold, bugs, and hypocrites. Supervisors are unprofessional. Ratchet place!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
some good experience however learning is only provided via patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAApril 8, 2015
No organization, poor management, unprofessional work environment, benefits not good and the more/harder you work the less you get paid. No room for advancement. My favorite part was the relationship I built with the clients.
wonderful company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAMay 14, 2014
wonderful company to work for. the management is very understanding and together we provide excited care to clients.