Firely Pediatric Services Employee Reviews

poor management and employees
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanatoga, PAFebruary 20, 2019
Many employees have a poor work ethic. Employees are always calling out or there are not enough staff. Often called in on on-call day. Management needs to screen potential employees better and need to address any concerns employees have in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor management, employees that do not want to work, always being called in, poor PTO rates
Former employee
Full time Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PADecember 6, 2018
This job is the worse place i ever worked for and i have been in the Nursing field for 7 years. The managers of 2 of the divisions there are horrible people. They do not care about the Clients or the Staff. All they care about is the money they receive for the Clients. You are constantly left understaffed and that is dangerous to you and the Patients. Tou have no help from upper Management. This is why their turn over rate is so high. They can’t keep good staff, only the horrible ones stay. I would never work for them again. If you like working ok the medical field do not go work for this company. You will loose your credentials messing around with them.
Pros
Low Nurse to Patient ratio
Cons
Horrible Benefits, No staff, Horrible Management, Steal clients money, False Documenting by Management, Clients dying due to poor Nursing skills, Delay in Care to Clients
Great environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gillett, PANovember 6, 2018
Loved working for this company.. Loved the challenge.. Loved the children... Gave me great opportunities... Able to use my nursing skills. Benefits suck pay is great...
Pros
Pay is great.. If you love children well this is the place to work..
Cons
Benefits suck
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAOctober 3, 2018
Great job to make a difference in the lives of disabled pediatric and young adults living on mechanical ventilation. Advanced nursing skills in the home care setting.
A Bad Place to work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown PASeptember 7, 2018
The first time I went for an interview wit my mum. The nurses there looked drained and their eyes were sagging and skin was blue due to stress. You have to lift disabled teenagers with no hoyer lift. This isn’t good for the backbone. Management doesn’t care about the well being of their employees. Nurses and Aides are given up to 10kids to watch and care for in a day without help. And you are offered 11 per hour for these!They are short staffed. Invest on hoyer lifts! Or reduce the stress on employees
Pros
Cons
Lifting and transporting kids with no help
I enjoy working for the company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PASeptember 4, 2018
I think they need to get management under control . great company to work for . Great company over all very flexible and they will work with you for time off as needed.
New Graduate- excellent opportunity for me
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, Harleysville and NorristownSeptember 1, 2018
As a new Grad (LPN) Firely hired me, trained me and even made certain I was oriented well enough before my first shift. I like the 12 hour shifts because it allows me to create a well rounded work life balance. I am learning a lot and was a bit nervous but the staff helped me. Now I am in a routine And feel comfortable. I am able to move around the company if positions open up which I like. Extra shift are always available so I can make a little overtime which is also nice. As long as you are able to keep the on call schedule you can work here and it’s great. I think I worked with a few different people in Human Resources but they were all nice and helped me with questions. I would recommend
Pros
Able to learn and be trained
Excellent
nurse (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 28, 2018
It has been a great place to work. People are nice. Training is provided pay is competitive. The Human Resource department is wonderful to work with and are very helpful. I would definitely recommend Firely.
Pros
Training, compensation
Awesome place to work at
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJuly 30, 2018
If you need experience for nursing, this is a great place to work at! I have been here for 5 years and It has definitely taught me a lot! I love working here and I love the people I work with!
Excellent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJuly 26, 2018
Firely is an excellent place to work! They provide thorough hands-on training, with a nurse educator and respiratory therapist educator. They offer many different options- home care, residential, medical daycare, pediatrics, and adults, and you can work in all or just 1 of those areas, whatever you prefer. The residential and home care managers are very caring and helpful. You know you are making a difference every day while taking care of patients that really need you. I LOVE my job!
Pros
fulfilling career, trach/vent training
PSA (Former Employee) –  Gillett, PAJune 13, 2018
If you enjoy working with children this is a great place to work. There was always something new. It is a very rewarding job. I always learned new things
Surprised it has received so many good ratings
RN (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 6, 2018
This company is one of the most poorly managed companies I have ever worked for. It was great to gain experience and I loved my patients. However, the management was lacking and did not care about staff or patients. At the end of the day, they used most of the patients' money/benefits for themselves. The schedule was always a disaster and there was never enough staff. At times, there would be 1-2 nurses for 3-4 trach/vent patients. If there was an emergency, YOU as the nurse were IT. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
the patients were amazing
Cons
management, schedule, short staffed
NO issues
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAMarch 3, 2018
none so far. Everyone is nice and great. I received good training and love my job. I wish insurance companies would dish out more hours for the patients because they need it and deserve it.
A good start for a new grad RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PANovember 16, 2017
If you are willing to work, you will always get your hours , pleasant families, awesome management, a lot of support from the agency.
They will always provide training until you feel comfortable to work by your own.
Pros
workplace culture, management, benefits
I enjoy working with my client in his home, I take pleasure in making his day brighter.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  364 Maple Avenue Harleysville Pa 19438October 30, 2017
I really enjoy working for Firely, the entire staff is respectful and honorable. I've learned a lot about caring for people with down syndrome. I know this Company really cares about their staff and they make sure all employees are performing according to the guidelines.
Pros
Updated trainings.
Cons
Not so good health Insurance.
Great work environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gillett, PAOctober 5, 2017
The staff here were phenomenal not only hard working but caring, selfless, compassionate, knowledgeable, dependable, funny, loving amazing people. Peds is a heart breaking line of nursing but firelys and thier staff makes it heart full filling.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Emotional
Productive work place.
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 6, 2017
Firely is a rewarding work place because you learn so many new experiences from other employees. The hardest part of the job depends on your position. Most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with the clients.
staff is nice, no advancedment
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 25, 2017
Can be clique-wish, but over all the staff is nice. Its is a great starter job and to become comfortable with teach and vents. It is very mismanaged and this makes the patients and staff suffer.
Can be a fun place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAAugust 1, 2017
A very relaxing job, that can get very busy at times. It is stressful because of the acuity of the residents. The management have great communication skills. Love working there, but I do feel underpaid at times.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
low pay
Good place to work in home care one on one with client
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJune 29, 2017
Firely Pediatric Home Care is a small home care company privately owned and really cares for servicing their clients. Management is supportive when needed. The hardest part of the job is always staying within professional boundaries at all times because working in a home environment with the client and family. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in the home environment and being able to care for your client's the way all clients should be taken care of.
Pros
Working one on one with clients
Cons
Working with some clients in their home environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firely Pediatric Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Firely Pediatric Services Reviews by Location