Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,459 reviews matching the search See all 1,501 reviews
ok
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 17, 2018
hard job, stressful, some time can't take lunch too busy. very fast paces, getting raise good luck on that. hard to make a living off their pay. only help their friend out.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
not sure
Flat rate, fast paced
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 16, 2018
Great job, left for other opportunities that did not work out. Wish I never left. The days were long but there was always work available. The staff was great as well, still have freinds that I worked with.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Long days
High Work load for little pay
Firestone Complete Auto Care Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 15, 2018
Was labeled as a maintenance tech at hire but told I was about b tech level at interview, which I am. Pay is 12.50 per hour for ALL technicians in the shop regardless of position. Flag rate pay does change with level, but not much. the Highest level tech we have in our shop is paid at 16.50 an hour flag rate to do Diagnostics, Engine work, and A/C systems. Everyone in the shop does Tires and oil changes, but everyone also does everything else up to diagnostics excluding A/C work. They are EXTREMELY hesitant to give raises to anyone at all. I have yet to be put on flag rate and have taken a huge pay cut here from the pay at previous employers all because they say that you will get on their flat rate. even when on flat rate, the pay doesn't go up that much, and everyone in the shop relies solely on overtime to get paid.
Pros
Super cool guys to work with, and very fun environment
Cons
Garbage pay, Overloaded with work, Always short handed on staff
Good place to gain experince
Technician C (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
It gave me the opportunity to learn and advance my knowledge of vehicle repairs and encourage me to try somethings that I lack confidence of doing in vehicle repairs.
Pros
encourages confidence
Cons
long lunches
It was a job
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 12, 2018
The title of my review says it all... it paid my bills and kept my family fed. It’s a cut throat company. If sales goals aren’t met, they find a way to rid the field of the bad crop so to speak. Management is poor, upper management is worse.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Only you can control your pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 11, 2018
Cut throat and competitive. tool investment is a necessity. only get paid what u work on, all depends on amount of cars and business that week. If u want to make money you have to hustle, work through lunches and make as much up-sell as possible.
This place is joke
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockingham ncAugust 10, 2018
They hire anybody at this location they are very unorganized and I coming from a professional shop to work here was a big mistake they don't pay fairly and expect you to bend over back words so that they make there quota if your a real mechanic this firestone location is not for you
Pros
You get to go home at the end of the day you might get a lunch
Cons
If you want to work on cars this is not the place to be they onky do oil and tires and this location
decent work environment but poor managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 10, 2018
work place environment is decent and coworker relations are ok as well however management is poor and have no regard for their employees. while working there I felt very unappreciated
okay
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 9, 2018
After 3 years i left for a better opportunity. I started as an intern with the training plan to become a store manager , i made it thru the intern , mts (manager of tire sales), and finally a service manager but my training stop, i was placed in a store that was failing and upper management was not helpful so i was lost all bonus which was about half my income and I had to make a move from the company.
Pros
good beneifts
Cons
long hours no work/life balance
Horrible worst manager ever bad pay and expected you to live you life there
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 7, 2018
Horrible worst manager ever bad pay and expected you to live you life there. Didn’t let you take days off no matter how much of an advance you give. Just a horrible place to work.
I got discounts on buying tires
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
I learned a lot about maintenance on different vehicles. It helped me learn some customer service skills. I also learned how a corporate automotive repair facility operates compared to a “mom and pop” style facility.
Nice place to work. Good people top to bottom at this company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHAugust 5, 2018
Good place to work. Can be dog eat when there is not much work to be done. But the people who work at Firestone are nice people at the core and will help you if you need help with a certain prodject or need something clarified.
Pros
There is plenty of room for growth within the Company if willing to work for it.
Cons
When your not busy at the shop you are not making any money.
Part time assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 5, 2018
Worked as a part time assistant. Staff was friendly enough and it was a summer job between schooling. Worked in the hot sun moving tires from a shed, wish that had been sorted out better. But that was the worst of it.
Very face paced and exciting
LIGHT MAINTANENCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 5, 2018
The workplace environment was never dull. This job always kept you on your toes and never had a chance to rest. Very fun if you enjoy automobiles. Cannot be scared to get your hands dirty or sweat and bleed a little bit. The safety training was rough but the job itself was awesome!
Pros
Some free lunch, good people.
Cons
Short breaks, hard repetitive work.
long hours. no break room
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 4, 2018
long hours minimal work life balance. promote from within. even if not the best choice. out of town meetings.
hours change based on how many employees the store can keep.
Think again, this company is only concerned with pockets of upper management
Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateAugust 4, 2018
This company has steered into being a credit card company and not concerned with quality of work employee relations. My store has gone through more than 5 managers in les than 3 years. If you want it for free just complain via hotline and it’s yours for the asking, just keep it reasonable, $500 or under and they will refund it to you or give it to you no charge. Bonuses are controllable through complaints they don’t have to pay out if they give it away. You will rarely, if ever , see a bonus they change the structure every year to benefit the upper management teams. Unless the store does significant increases over 6% you won’t see a dime and it must be in several catergories to get a check.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Alot
Extremely fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 3, 2018
A typical day at work is like a constant rush with little down time. Dealing with happy and angry customers on a daily bases. I learned a lot about cars and different problems customers run into. Management could be better. Especially leadership. Workplace culture all around is friendly when people are not super busy. The hardest part of the job is knowing when the customers car is going to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the happy customers.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long hours, poor management, bad insurance
Be Bridgestone
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 2, 2018
I was very lucky to land an internship with Bridgestone three years ago and since worked as a service advisor at their Firestone Complete Auto Care locations while I finished my degree. The local operations are very organized. Management staff was always understanding of my school schedule and I loved my experience.
Pros
Service Discounts
Flat rate
Technician (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 2, 2018
Very stressful
Not enough work
Not enough pay
Under payed
Always promised raises and things will get better.
Management always screaming and cursing at workers.
Management unmotivated on up selling teckits to customers.
Broken equipment / Not staying on top of shop maintenance
Pros
Paycheck
Terrible Experience
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
Hated This Job. poor management and poor working conditions. We were always understaffed and behind on orders from customers. Also they didn't follow all procedures to keep customers cars in good condition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight