Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,342 reviews matching the search See all 1,365 reviews
Could be better, Very corporate/big business
A Class' Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Lanoka Harbor, NJJune 20, 2018
I've been at this location for about 5 years and not much has changed aside for the whole staff multiple times over. The work environment is pretty light but can be stressful at times.
Pros
Laxed workplace
Cons
Poor scheduling
Good place to work management not the best it’s all about the money for the big wigs
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAJune 20, 2018
The people in the shop are good people the managers and out front people are not the best to much moving people around they are always changing stuff in the shop to benefit the out front people
favoritism and low pay
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2018
typical day was start anywhere from 630-900 am and end anywhere from 500-700 pm maybe later. Was recruited to be a diagnostic tech by Firestone recruiter only to find out the person had decided not to leave. Ended up doing tires and oil changes all day long. When I complained I was transferred to another store.This is very typical of Firestone where there is heavy turnover and lots of demoting and promoting.I worked at 2 stores and had multiple management changes in the time I was there.The management usually has decided who's going to get what jobs already and even though they have a job board it it often bypassed.I felt like I was left high and dry by management who shows heavy favoritism to their friends and people who have managed to stay there awhile.If you love doing tires and not much else this is the place for you.Oh by the wayif they tell you you have to work weekends ,they're lying. I worked with a tech who NEVER worked weekends!
benefits
Cons
short breaks, poor working environment, poor management, make you work every sat unless you have a special arrangement
on the job training
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 18, 2018
if you are new to the automotive industry you are able to get on the job training from the master tech and or any other knowledgeable mechanic on the floor
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Great company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 18, 2018
Would love to go back if possible. Easy working systems. I still know a lot of people that love working at Firestone and would love to be a part of the team.
Pros
Great work environment. Easy system to learn.
Cons
If overtime was taken away.
Fast-Paced, Fun, Learning Experience
General Technician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 15, 2018
I worked 3-4 days a week after school and they provided me plenty of flexibility. Working at a tire shop before this, I improved on the skills I'd acquired there and picked up various new skills such as oil changes, check-ups, small repairs, brake work and more. My experience with my manager was fantastic as he fulfilled the needs I requested and had a great personality, being easily my favorite part of the job. The most difficult aspect, I'd say, was the very quick pace we needed to have out customers vehicles repairs completed by. It took quite a bit of adjusting for me when I started before I could get the pace they expected of me.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunch, Awesome Manager
Cons
Very Fast Pace
Uplifting work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 15, 2018
This job was the only one that I did not dread showing up to, even on my worse days I would be happy to see my fellow coworkers. They made me laugh and kept the work environment uplifting and fun. The guys I worked with would for the most part always have my back whether it be a customer issue or a fellow coworker issue. I learned sales here more than anywhere else. I learned about tires and the way cars work.
excellent
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 14, 2018
excellent company to work for. great for advancement, training, and recognition. it's like running your own business. fantastic management when I was there.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Company has changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2018
The beginning stage of firestone was great as they changed the company moto things went down hill more and more useless reports had to be done daily along with you normal day to day operations or is very overwhelming and stressful
This is a place that if you do stay with them you can grow
Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJune 11, 2018
The mechanics here get paid on a flag base. If you are working on anything as a mechanic your not getting paid. They have benefits they also have a guarantee for if you did not make hours they have a 30 hour guarantee that they will pay you as a mechanic to make sure you do go home with a check. They have a lot of tickets that come through for to work on but it is like any where else you have to start from the bottom an work your way up. You will make good checks up there. If you show them you want to work an make a living then they will send you to school for training an asc for each asc you get a bonus if you pass them.
Pros
Bonuses Vacation time benefits
Cons
There is not really any.
a place to learn new skills.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 8, 2018
overall working at Firestone was decent. got to learn new skills and how to quickly repair them. and meet different people throughout the years. I got to work on many various different types of vehicles from the most common modern car to some old a few classics to occasionally working on full electric cars. its a good place to learn new skills. but i wouldn't recommend it being a place of career.
Pros
learn new skills.
Cons
High stress.
average day as a general tech at firestone
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
on a typical day i would arrive to work before 11 am, change into my uniform and grab the first oil or tire ticket on the wall. it was very relaxed job and at your own pace. the management was great, he would do the things he had to but would come back and help us if need be. i learned a lot while working at this job and learned something new every day. cars are a very straight forward machine and many are alike. Theres also a lot more about tires that people do not know such as speed ratings and 1 way tires. the hardest part of the job was just dealing with some of the guys, if one came to work in a bad mood well it rubbed off on us. this didn't happen very often though, a lot of the time we would joke around and mess with each other. my favorite part of the job was working on the cars. its a passion i developed after owning my first car.
Pros
free food, great discounts, benefits, paid time off
Cons
can be stressful
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to take care of the boss. Customers rely heavily on their transportation and without it they would not be able to provide for their families.
Pros
Minimum 48 work week
Cons
Sometimes it takes awhile to ve promoted
Great company to work for
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2018
When I got on at firestone I was extremely happy. This company is great to work for. Just like any other company it does have its slow days. But the management does try to help you when that happens. Honestly one of the best companies I have worked for!
Competative and fast paced work day
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHJune 6, 2018
works days were straight forward and fast paced.
I learn general vehicle maintenances.
Managements attitude and mind set changed when higher ups were around.
The hardest part about the job would have to be trying to balance vehicle work along with any janitorial work thrown at you.
I really enjoyed the Co-workers and that chats with customers.
Pros
Work staff, customer relations, and discounts.
Cons
Manager staff, and balance of job work and tasks.
Good job if this is the industry you're interested in
Service Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2018
Firestone has good benefits. It's still retail but not unrealistic sales goals. Low pressure comparatively to other retail jobs. Pay is fair usually, but there is no consistency with scheduling and you can get transferred to other stores against your will.
good managment, poor environment
C Level Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2018
The store manager was one of the best managers I have had, in terms of flexibility and interactions. The main draw back of the shop was it's inconsistent work flow, some days were very busy while other days there would be no work. My paychecks would vary widely.
Be ready to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 5, 2018
This is not a job where you will sit idly round for long, there is always something to do... and learn! Getting in good with your technicians and fellow staff is incredibly important and will help you in your day-to-day processes.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
long hours, holiday time
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 4, 2018
Better pay rate, they also closing the store i liked to work ,greenville and ros ,now it dont feel the same ,also doesnt pay enought ,work from 8_7 at night learn alot in this store ,great carreer
learned alot about the automotive field
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
i would recommend working here if your a up and coming technition due to getting alot of hands on experiance . it may not be ideal for a tech with experiance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight