Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,580 reviews matching the search See all 1,623 reviews
Great place for training
Master/Lead Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PADecember 11, 2018
Overall firestone is a great place to work, but the value of the employee seldomly presents itself. The appreciation of sales staff over the Technician really decreases morale. Example the sales staff get chances at trips or tickets for an event and the service team can only win drive points or a Bridgestone football.
Great place to learn
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 11, 2018
You work hard but they don’t pay good. Which they would pay more. Move on after learning. Start every morning by emeitly working on cars. No brakes no time for them
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Low wages no raises
bad managers and worse district manager
Manager of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 9, 2018
the co workers were very competitive and would fight for every sale for the bonus. this activity was encouraged by the store and regional manager. the pressure for credit card sales was intense and reinforced by corporate. the ability to advance on the sales team was non existent.
Pros
good place to work only if you can find a good store and district manager
Cons
if you don't it will be the worst place to work if you have honor and integratey.
Pace was good and generally we worked as a team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYDecember 7, 2018
Always a pleasure to work with a great group of guys who define the meaning of teamwork. Scheduling was fair and flexible, co-managers were encouraging and worked cohesively to achieve objectives and goals.
Pros
Work schedule, helpful management team, home office contact
Cons
Compensation
I'm not sure why I am doing this
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Covington, WADecember 4, 2018
Have no idea what this has to do with Indeed.com finding me more work.Do not listen to anything in this review I'm only typing and filling it out so I can move on to the next step.
horrible place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2018
Rough place to work. Long hours, no gratitude for the long hours we worked from the lack of management. Payed by the job you do, management would order wrong parts and you have to sit there and not get paid. they would work you for 12+ hours a day and not get overtime. Finally left due to the hours. No life balance. Out of all the major companies I've worked for this is by far the worst one to work for. be prepared to work every holiday while corporate is off. Such a joke.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
bad hours, bad mangement, no overtime for 50+ hours a week
Excellent benefits
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXDecember 1, 2018
They will run you into the ground and work you for everything they can drain from you. You are always pushed to sell sell sell some kind of bs that the customer doesn’t need. They pay by flag rate that is absolute trash most of the times they go by warranty book time for jobs but they are always willing to underpay the tech on labor in order to make a sell. Raises come few and far in between you have to make at least 5 times of your pay per hour/per car to be considered productive. I would be on the clock for easily 50 hrs and still come in on my days of to work not on the clock with no appreciation. But the benefits are good. Good and cheap health plans , dental , vision , 401k with match up to the first 6%. But before I was terminated I was living with the boss reaping tons of rewards.
Pros
Great benefits if you can get on your boss good side
Cons
You’ll need a new job after they hop on to the next technition
What a joke! Don’t do it!
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  RGV, TXNovember 30, 2018
So many broken promises. The belittlement is unbelievable! Also only place I know to punish(starving you) you for taking a lunch and requesting a personal/ floating holiday for very good reasons. (Family), also you will be working 13 days straight at times!(10-13 hour days) I’ve worked in multiple locations as well no changes.
Pros
Free lunch(paid by part stores) every blue moon.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, management sucks!
No steady hours
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 29, 2018
Good place to cut your teeth. Hard to have a family with a schedule always changing. They do pay for training and do give raises. Great for when your fresh out of school
Fun place as long as management likes you
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 28, 2018
Great learning potential, however they do not care about their employees You will be treated like a number. You will work long days especially as a store manager. The pay and benefits are great. I stayed for almost 20 years.
Pros
Good pay plenty of work
Cons
Long hours. No care for die hard employees
Competitive
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLNovember 28, 2018
Decent place to work. Only thing that sucks is being the guy who cleans and stocks stuff. As a technician, it's kind of cut throat for getting work. Pay was decent.
Pros
Full outfit including jacket
Cons
Pretty competitive
Your experience is based on the team you are with; and heavy emphasis on customer satisfaction
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  National City, CANovember 27, 2018
The best part of the job is being able educate customers about automotive care.

Advancement is often the result of internal politics and favoritism.
Pros
Learn something new about the auto industry everyday.
Cons
Limited Advancement opportunities; consistent evaluations but limited pay raises.
Nothing bad to say.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 26, 2018
The staff is friendly and the hours aren’t bad at all. They are always open to give you over time and the head boss is a good guy. A lot of perks and great benefits.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Weekend work
Good place for entry level techs.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2018
Firestone is great for an entry level tech that is eager to learn and be rewarded for the effort They pay for ASE certs and give plenty of training. As for higher level techs hours are hit or miss. Lead tech has first choice on tickets and so on. Open 7 days a week so don't expect time for life outside of the company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Work schedule includes Saturday and Sunday.
Ehhhhh
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 24, 2018
I would not recommend working at Firestone If you want no job advancement Firestone makes a very good tire Bridgestone also makes very good tires but the work ethic in morale absolutely suck
Management is very belittling
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 23, 2018
The management in this company think that there is no other company like them. The are ANOTHER car care company. Nothing at all unique to see here. They run people into the ground and then look for the next batch of employees (victims). Find somewhere else that cares about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Use and abuse people. They are intimidated by people with intelligence.
Fun place to work
SAP CPI/ HANA Architect (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 21, 2018
Fun place to work , every day the work is exciting
Always new stuff to work on and the technologies are exciting
Flexible hours and work culture is relaxed
Great place to work if yoy have no life
Tire Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2018
Long Hours
Stressful days
Those are the two best things to describe Firestone. Pay is good especially with the overtime. But the expectations are unrealistic
Not to mention if they sell your store (like they did mine) they don't mention it to you. Not even a month before. No we had to find out when someone came over to talk about the transition. At which time it took 3 weeks to even get an answer (not a straight one either) to inform us they were selling our location and possibly others. Every firestone had to find our from other vendors we used, everyone else knew but us.
When they did offer a retention bonus it was for store managers and technicians only. Sales associates or service managers, or any upfront people do not matter. They told us our spiffs (that was part of our hiring agreement and that goals are ridiculously hard to reach with staff leaving and no one being hired) is enough to count for our retention bonus. I'm sure that will change as people like myself leave after feeling underappreciated and walked on. But with the holidays coming up not telling your employees their location is for sale and they might loose their jobs is not right.
Pros
Good pay, overtime if wanted, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, there all day, unrealistic expectations, company doesnt care about employees
Eh.
Assistant Manager/ Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 18, 2018
Company is great for learning and developing, but does not pay very well until you become a service manager, but even then they put you on the chopping block constantly if maximum profit is not met every month.
We were always busy
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
Had a great time working there. But we worked all day from open to close I never had time for anything else. They even wanted to keep us from taking lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Powered by Comparably