Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,748 reviews matching the search See all 1,795 reviews
boo they suck
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJune 15, 2019
this company sucks like no really they do, you have to have a percent to make just so you can move up, and if you're lucky you'll get a good manager, I tried to get paid days off of vacations but nope and them promising your skills doesn't even come though oh and you can't bring your car to work on it if you do you'll have to make a sheet have someone else work on it
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2019
Typical corporate work place where numbers are more important than anything else. Technicians are treated poorly, upper management couldn't care less about techs. Revolving door of employees. Managers most times do not know ANYTHING about the automotive business. Many are hired based on sales background. Have seen grocery store and electronic store managers hired as managers for firestone. Sell, sell and sell attitude. Raises are hard to come by and they are misleading regarding their bonuses. Have met / heard of very few techs who have retired from Firestone and that says a lot to me.
Pros
Steady work for those who arent lazy.
Cons
Management is horrible. Poor treatment of techs and you will get lied to about many things.
Great part time job
C Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2019
Different days off every week, never two days off in a row. Terrible benefits. Vacation and time off pay based on 40 he work weeks, though you are required to work 50 hours a week.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Benefits minimal
Ok Work but uncomfortable with Sales Tactics
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2019
I left this job because numerous times I saw a service writer up-sale or recommend things the mechanic did not. This weighed on my conscious and was not a business I wanted to be part of.
Terrible business practices
Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 13, 2019
Routinely I was ordered to list numerous of extra items that were not needed for a customers car during the inspection. If something was close to being out of spec, it was out of spec. I replace a lot of ball joints, of which 10% were actually bad. They created certain tests that most new cars would fail off the showroom floor to justify pressure selling useless things to customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Highly immoral
Great workplace great friends
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 13, 2019
i started there while going to school they were flexible with my schedule they helped my further my career if it wasn’t for the pay I would still be working there
Tire Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 12, 2019
It is a team environment. All of my coworkers are great. We all know our job and do it accordingly.The atmoshphere is extremely busy. If you like alot of down time this is not a good fit for you.
No teamwork and they dont help you excell in your workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2019
Not a team environment. Your sent to training and then they dont want you to do what they trained you for. no transferring or promotions. The have no ambition to promote fromt with in the company. They will demote people and then cut hours to try to get rid of them. They are not accommodating on schedules or do they care about thier employees as far as family. They dont expect you to have a family life outside of work. They change schedules on you daily without notice. I wouldn't recommend working there if your a female. They are not friendly or try to accept women in the workplace at Firestone at all.
Pros
not much
Cons
no teamwork, no advancement, no transfers to help promote from with in the company, upper managemnt doesnt listen to employees and doesnt work with scheduling
I was treated poorly and hated working there.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJune 11, 2019
I thought this place was going to be a great opportunity to work for. Man was I wrong. I was lied to the second I came into the door. The interview went great. I was told all these things that would happen and it was all a lie. The store manager had it out for me from day one. I was the service manager. Well at least that was my job title. The store manager and tire manager would not let me do my job at all. I was not trained for this position. Yes I’ve managed stores before however new company I should have been trained properly on how to do my job. I was made to fail. They fired me as soon as they had the opportunity to do so. Beware of this place. No structure. They never followed the guidelines. It could be different at other stores but not this one.
Pros
I was able to make a 4 day weekend as long as I requested month in advance.
Cons
Health insurance. Store manager. Parts mark up.
Tire Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 11, 2019
I got hired on to work part time while I was still in college. I worked Friday afternoons and then open to close Saturday and Sunday. The store was new and had plenty of business and we were kept busy. I learned a good bit and the other employees were good to work with.
Work alot but not a bad job
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 10, 2019
Overall not a bad place to work if you like working alot
5 days one week 6 days the next. If your just starting out every other Sunday unless someone doesn't show. Wouldn't ever expect an annusl review at least I never got one maybe once in 6 years. Another thing to look forward to is ppl getting hired in at the same or more pay than you and still getting to help train them I guess adding a little extra to the resume helps get in the door
And flare rate is no joke you better hustle if you want any money at all average oil change pays .4 and average set of tires pays .6 you get stuck behind someone slow on the machine good luck
Pros
Least you get insurance 401k after 90 days
Cons
Likely hood of annual review very low pay raise chance very low
Store Manager I (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 9, 2019
I was a store manager for 5 yrs. One of the best jobs I ever had. Only left to stat my own bussiness. The only con I see is that low pay for beginner techs which makes it hard to keep staff. You can get the pay increases but you have to fight for it. The bonus structure changes every year. Other then that I liked this job
Pros
Cons
Turnover
I am a maintenance technician and my boss has no intention of sending me to training anytime soon.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 9, 2019
The workplace itself is always busy. there is always something to work on, we rarely have slow days. I have nothing to say about my managers. I just want to advance and get more training so i can do more than just maintenance.
Pros
Free lunch rarely, sometimes doughnuts in morning
Cons
management
Good starting place to learn
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 9, 2019
Promote from within, always willing to teach so you can learn. However you can’t break $50k annually even with OT unless you’re a store manager. Quality clean shops and good product to sale. Good training provided, just only real complaint is so-so pay. Some of the competitors pay less, some more.
Pros
Training, employee discounts
Cons
Pay
Automotive Tech
Automotive Tech (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJune 8, 2019
Responsible for promoting safe and a clean work environment. Unloaded incoming inventory and placed products on shelves. Performed routine vehicle maintenance and inspections.
Management at the Area level needs to be replaced
Store Manager I (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 7, 2019
Everyday, the techs pound out car after car, always getting pushed harder than they should be. I have worked in stores in a couple states, and it doesnt matter where, its always understaffed in the back shop. This company hires people with no automotive skills, and promotes people with little training. This company has taken the wrong turn in getting back "LOST BOSSES", and wont listen to the people in the trenches doing the work everyday. Its always some person that has a "DEGREE" making foolish decisions that is going to cripple this once GREAT COMPANY. They used to care about "Families" and had a family day. Now your nothing but a U.I.D. number, and profits before care and consideration of the people who are mostly making the wages of all those in the chain of command. They need to regroup and rethink the direction of this company.
Great place/benefits
Sales Teammate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 7, 2019
This is a great place to work. Offers advancement and training from within. Benefits as soon as the first day. Work/family balance, paid training, bonus programs.
Pros
Benefits from day 1
Cons
summary
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork between co-workers. it was a fun environment to work in. The other technicians took time out of their day to help me learn new things.
Firestone was a great company to work for!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2019
Firestone was a great company to work for. The opportunity for advancement is there if you are willing to work for it. The company culture is really centered around delivering great customer service. The main downside was working short-handed all the time, which necessitated working long hours.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits.
Cons
Good place to work nice shop and its clean
Firestone automotive shop in jackson tn (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 6, 2019
Good people,clean shop,up to date tools management does a good job good customer that return for servie co workers are respectful management gets you what you need to make the right repairs right the 1st timr
Pros
Get plenty of hours
Cons
New get any weekends off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight