Firestone Complete Auto Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,762 reviews matching the search See all 1,809 reviews
Good place to work, but hard work.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 25, 2019
Firestone has great medical benefits, decent 401k, and many other good benefits. Pay for store managers and lead tech is very good.

Firestone is very busy place to work. You are expected to work every Saturday and rotate Sundays, your days off are during the week.

Never two days in a row, that's the hard part when you have a family and a home to take care of.

Also, the culture at my store is work, work, work, with no breaks.
This wears a person out.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
No breaks, work/life balance poor
Good place to start as a mechanic
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILJune 25, 2019
You learn a lot with the workers there, they are always willing to show you new skills and Technics. you get to interact with customers show them the problem and explain them what was the problem as well.
Good job
GA Maintence Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 24, 2019
Firestone was a good job when I initially started but management changes traded quantity of work over quality of work which caused many issues and was the main reason I chose to leave
I enjoyed the variety and challenging aspect of this position.
ADVERTISING COORDINATOR, Bridgestone (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2019
There was a great deal of variety and challenging aspects of this position which I really enjoyed. I learned many new skills and really enjoyed my co-workers. I left this position to raise my children.
It's okay as a first mechanic job, but don't plan to stay.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  SeveralJune 21, 2019
This is the kind of place to go because they will hire you. Once you have experience, leave. You will work long hours, be underpaid, be told you're too busy to use vacation time, and then at the end of the year, you'll be told you should have used it earlier. Store managers are paid well but treated terribly by the company. One manager who did not want to transfer to a brand new store was demoted and told if he wanted a store again he would move. He eventually did. Another was told she wasn't dedicated enough following a 60 hour week.
It's a job
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2019
Chances for advancement in career is there. Ready to change careers. Not fun anymore and not worth the stress. Just ready for a change in industries. New goals.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
More cons than pros
Corporate does not care.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 21, 2019
I had the misfortune of working in a shop with two broken lifts. Corporate would constantly cut our hours claiming we weren't productive enough but ignored countless requests to replace our lifts. Customers would complain that we werent getting to their cars fast enough because they saw two empty lifts but they didn't work.
Taught me how to manage a business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2019
Great company very competitive benefits. It boils down to a statement a leader shared with me several years ago. "It's always the Leader". Weather people sat or they go and how well they preform and/or advance. Is often all about the leadership they have and what they are willing to invest in there people.
Fun place to work depending on location
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 20, 2019
The location I was at was amazing. I had an amazing store manager and an amazing team of technicians. We always had a good time at work and always kept the customer first. We always strived to be completely honest with what we did. I hate that they closed the store. (the building was falling apart.)
Pros
Relaxed attmosphere, Opportunity to learn
Cons
Low pay
Good shop techs, unstable management, poor pay.
Maintainence tech (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 20, 2019
I've worked there for a little over a year now. When I started out i had no automotive experience and it was a steep hill, but now I'm one of the top most productive maintenance techs in my area. It's very stressful, especially when you have so many waiting tickets up on the board. The biggest consistant issue I have is the management. They write up too many appointments at one time and slam you with more work than you can handle. Not enough techs, front shop people obsessed with bonuses and hitting goals, people in the back getting the short end of the stick.
I get paid 11.33 and hour and thats not super low but I really dont think it's enough. We had one of our maintenance techs leave and now I essentially do the work of two people most days.
I want to move to the front because it seems to be an easier job and they are treated far better. It's far too corporate and they refuse to hire enough techs to make our customers and employees happy.
Pros
Plenty of coverage, they offer dental and vison
Cons
30 minute unpaid breaks and being forced to stay til 2 hours past close some nights
Firestone Complete Auto Care.
Tire Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2019
An energetic position to provide customer needs in person and on the phone. Use your communication skills to explain warranty options, establish time commitments between technicians and customers, checkout procedures and promotion of products and services.

Building customer satisfaction & loyalty
The merchandising, advertising and promotion of products and services
Energetic responsiveness to every customer, on the phone and in the store
Desire to succeed in a retail environment
Motivated sales individual
started at the bottom
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2019
not a bad company by any means. On the job training, I stayed pretty busy, but advancement is pretty limited. one poor guy has been trying to retire for 10 years and they keep him busy and guilt trip him into staying.
Hhh
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Leon Valley, TXJune 18, 2019
It sucks it's hot it's hot hot hot and I don't like working outside. My boss is a bad manager. Competitive workers around u will get u upset
Might feel like every man for himself
$12 an hour to put stock away and clean.
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2019
Not too bad. A lot of of heavy lifting. But decent pay for a simple job. They really worked around my schedule too. The management was good. It was a temporary job for me to help my Uncle out with getting the store organized.
boo they suck
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJune 15, 2019
this company sucks like no really they do, you have to have a percent to make just so you can move up, and if you're lucky you'll get a good manager, I tried to get paid days off of vacations but nope and them promising your skills doesn't even come though oh and you can't bring your car to work on it if you do you'll have to make a sheet have someone else work on it
Great place to get your foot in the door.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2019
Typical corporate work place where numbers are more important than anything else. Technicians are treated poorly, upper management couldn't care less about techs. Revolving door of employees. Managers most times do not know ANYTHING about the automotive business. Many are hired based on sales background. Have seen grocery store and electronic store managers hired as managers for firestone. Sell, sell and sell attitude. Raises are hard to come by and they are misleading regarding their bonuses. Have met / heard of very few techs who have retired from Firestone and that says a lot to me.
Pros
Steady work for those who arent lazy.
Cons
Management is horrible. Poor treatment of techs and you will get lied to about many things.
Great part time job
C Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2019
Different days off every week, never two days off in a row. Terrible benefits. Vacation and time off pay based on 40 he work weeks, though you are required to work 50 hours a week.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Benefits minimal
Ok Work but uncomfortable with Sales Tactics
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2019
I left this job because numerous times I saw a service writer up-sale or recommend things the mechanic did not. This weighed on my conscious and was not a business I wanted to be part of.
Terrible business practices
Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 13, 2019
Routinely I was ordered to list numerous of extra items that were not needed for a customers car during the inspection. If something was close to being out of spec, it was out of spec. I replace a lot of ball joints, of which 10% were actually bad. They created certain tests that most new cars would fail off the showroom floor to justify pressure selling useless things to customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Highly immoral
Great workplace great friends
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 13, 2019
i started there while going to school they were flexible with my schedule they helped my further my career if it wasn’t for the pay I would still be working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Powered by Comparably