Firestone Walker Brewing Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun
Busser (Former Employee) –  Buellton, CAApril 12, 2018
Although I worked at Firestone a while ago, it was always a fun environment, with a great staff. Management was awesome and was always able to work with my ever changing schedule.
Declining employee treatment.
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMarch 31, 2018
If you work in an office, or non production job here, you are well taken care of and you love your job. If you work in any area of production, you are just a low paid slave working with incompetent co-workers, incompetent management, and new temps that you have to train every day. This company was good to work for in the past, but now it's just an investment for a new company that bought it out. Save yourself the time, and apply elsewhere. This job will suck your soul dry.
Pros
Great benifits, free beer.
Cons
Management, coworkers, temps, low pay.
Professional, productive and fun place to work
Server/Hostess/Cashier/Assis.Mgr (Former Employee) –  Buellton, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Start shifts daily specials, knowledge of pairing new beers with the menu.
Staff beer tasting, descriptions for knowledge to up sale always
Supportive, testing staff, always professional
Brewery, Daily food specials, selling retail of current products
Testing and ensuring knowledge of all menu and beer ingredients
Working with upbeat co-workers to gratify guest satisfaction
Pros
Staff meetings on regular basis for knowledge on new beers/changes
Cons
Communication between Management and upper management
Like working on an Island
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 15, 2018
Lots of perks to this gig, if you're an extrovert. You get to be in a new place every 30min to an hour, having a new conversation with new people. Great for networking purposes. Flexibility in managing own schedule.
Lots of hours will be worked in this role as there is no turning it off. Management was the weakest point within the company. They give little to no guidance or communication. Could easily go 2-5 days before having my boss return a call or email and often it would be about something else, where I would have to re-address the issue I left a message about.
Good opportunity for those that love beer and want to work for a brand with a lot of promise. Don't suggest working here if you want to progress in your career. Will be 7+ years before you make a vertical move.
Pros
Beer
Cons
Management team
Poor Management Advancement Decisions
Tasting Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CASeptember 27, 2017
This company turns a blind eye to poor decisions made by its managers and instead chooses to remove employees that act as whistle blowers. Poor work culture and not a great work/life balance. The product is great but the rest of the company could use some improvement.
Great Company
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CASeptember 10, 2017
Great Company, only issue is salary is low then what expected. overall fun place to work and fast pace. Manage big territory both on and off premise accounts
Pros
Fun events
Cons
Be ready to use your own money for expenses but they do reinburse.
Great people, fun culture. They treat employees like family.
Beer Revolutionary (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2017
For my job I get to travel around the state and talk to new people on a daily basis. The people I work with have become a second family. I have three people I work under who are respectful and considerate.
Cons
Part time
Ha
Brewery (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAApril 15, 2015
You need to be very sure about what you're doing before coming here. Hours are ok but you need to be completely ready for scheduling issues, not much in the way of paid time off.