FIREWATCH Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2018
the thing I dislike about fire watching is that you cant sit down which puts a strain on your legs and knees especially if you're working 8 to 10 hour shifts
relaxed job
Holewatch/ Helper (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 15, 2018
The job is very important you have the safety of your co workers lives in your hands so you must know your job and take it serous. You are trained well before you work alone. once you feel you got it down you will love it and it gets more relaxed,
Typical day at work
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAApril 15, 2018
Being assigned a job, performing all duties. Learn how to communicate in a diverse setting, management was great, properly trained on how to perform job. Hardest part is getting the JSA from foreman, most enjoyable part was networking
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare, pto
$12 per hour
Helper (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 5, 2018
I enjoy my time there it helped me grow as a person. I have since moved on from that and ready to move forward and persue bigger and better things. I appreciate the experience it provided for me.
Mislead by company
Fire Sprinkler inspector/Installer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 14, 2018
The work and the people I worked with were very good. Unfortunately I was hired full time, however, as soon the work slowed down I was laid off. Felt misled by the company.
fast paced and dirty work
HELPER (Former Employee) –  Palakata FlDecember 16, 2017
this job is great when you are on the road with someone else and love to work. it requires you to be alert at all times, keep your work place free of debris to prevent a fire hazard. If there is a fire you must act quickly and maintain the fire quickly so it doesn't spread. I learned a lot in this job and moved up to pipefitter helper, It also encouraged me to take a welding class to learn more about the other jobs at the plant.
Pros
I got to learn a new job
Cons
some days were longer than others but was thankful for the job
Growing working field
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 17, 2017
Fun to learn new work and problem solving.
Working around different people daily.
Trying to figure out the solution to a problem.
When its time to go home.
Safety in the demolition field
Torch-operator/Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJuly 23, 2017
Maintaining the safety of your fellow employees while in the process perform the necessary tasks at hand such as using a torch or large mechanical equipment for demo.
easy work
Helper (Former Employee) –  National City, CA 91950May 31, 2017
Fire watch was an easy job for me. Sometimes it did get a little boring so i would ask the journeyman i i can take over for a bit. it is a great job to get experience in the shipyard.
Pros
easy money
Cons
boring
Bottom of the industry
Pipefitter Helper/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 30, 2017
Although all refineries claim that you have the most important job in the plant because you're the individual that keeps the journeymen safe. That's not the case. Workers don't listen to firewatch personnel and even give them attitude when you're trying to fix or prevent a situation. They expect you do as you told while they do what they want. They receive backlash if they are to speak about unsafe work conditions even though the plant say it's an open door policy. This isn't the case for all jobsites and companies.
Installment Tech
Firewatch Rover (Current Employee) –  Avila Beach, CAJune 11, 2016
Enjoyed doing my job here. Nice company vehicle. Everyone got along with one another. Have no complaints of this job what so ever.
Pros
Didn't have to use your own vehicle.
Cons
Traffic
Shipyard
BAE SYSTEMS /Temp (Former Employee) –  Norfolk VaSeptember 19, 2015
Checked all permits for required information and signatures. Observed hot work. Insured area cleared of any flammables.Fire prevention. Built and disassembled barricades
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Less pay $8
My Review
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 3, 2015
it was a typical job but it did not include per diem for firewatchers. that was a problem for me, but overall I appreciated working for the company
Long and hot work spaces
Network Industries (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 9, 2015
hardest part is not being able to sit
hardest part is staying awake
temperatures in the hot spaces
learned to watch for fires
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
not being able to sit
not much to say
HYDROBLAST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  long beach caApril 30, 2015
not much to say about this company or agency whatever you call it, my overall rating of this company says it all, lots of traveling and lots and lots
Very productive workplace with high regards in safety.
Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 22, 2015
Everyday started with security check-ins and a short bus ride into the plant. Once everyone has arrived at our lunch tent we had our morning safety meeting going over any recent accidents or something we needed to watch out for. After that we went straight to work and did so until lunch and after lunch we had another safety meeting just to go over something that might have happened during our work. At the end of our work day we left the same way we came in, taking bus and checking out with security. Everyone at work was very hardworking and very cheerful despite being somewhere as dangerous as an oil refinery. The hardest part of anyone's job was waiting, we had to wait on paper work, equipment, orders, more equipment,and while we had to wait all we could do was stand there because we have already gotten everything else done that we could. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that i got to work with. Everyone was happy.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
No free lunches
Fun to work with.
Tidewater Staffing (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 31, 2015
They put you to work and I enjoy working for them. They put you with the welders and they help the job be fun. The job sometimes have short hours but I still enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Lack of hours
Enjoyed this job because of my co-workers and pay. I would work for this company again.
laboer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The only down side to this job was the short duration of the project. I liked the team oriented attitude of the crew that I worked with.
Love the job, it was a great expeince,
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alcoa TennesseeFebruary 23, 2015
Work started at 7:00 a.m. I was always earlier, wrote out the JSA for the day make sure that the work are was clean and free of trip and fire hazards. I assisted the pipefitter in anything that needed to be done. Fast pace environment, the best part was the overtime. Lots of overtime. The hardest part would be working in a man's environment and having them accept you as one of the guys.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Working out of town
FireWatch is laid back yet an awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  El CjaonJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work included customer updates and technician scheduling. At FireWatch I learned the importance of appreciating what you have while you have it. My co-workers were a little "Off Balance" in the sense that they were a bit bi-polar but easy to get along during the calmer times. Hardest part of the job is learning the Fire Industry itself. Most enjoyable part is the laid back feel the company holds.