Firmenich Employee Reviews

Very poor management
Blender (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNSeptember 20, 2019
Worst company to work for. Wish I could give this place 0 stars but had to put at least 1.. If management doesn't like you, you better watch your back. Their customers come first and they could care less about the employees and their families. All managers are 2 faced and never give an honest answer when asked a direct question. They also never keep any promises.
Excellent place to grow!
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 17, 2019
An excellent company to work for; I should not have left. The company challenges employees to be their best! Striving to continuously improve and grow!
Firmenich New Ulm mn
Dryer operator (Former Employee) –  New Ulm, MNSeptember 8, 2019
Mgmt sucks they hav no clue what is going on There is no one with work experience just college degrees No one does anything or says anything for fear of job loss To many chiefs no Indians
Pros
Paycheck benefits
Cons
Hours no management Lack of operation knowledge
great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 27, 2019
great place to work. good atmosphere, management was good, enjoyed the people that I worked with. I thought the company was very good and was a good place to work
If you can. Get a job there. make it a career.
Senior Compounder (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 25, 2019
Do your best always. Firmenich is a place i wish i had found sooner in my career. Apply yourself, learn a second language.You will go far and like it.
Terrible
Applications/Creation Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2019
Ferminch NY, NY is an absolute joke. The application department is TERRIBLE. Constantly gossiping and purposely making others feel uncomfortable. The job is VERY clicky. If you aren’t from where they are from (Europe) it’s hard to fit in. I’ve experience people within applications talk about me in my face!!! As if I’m non existing. The people under that department are disgusting and EVERYONE within the company knows but refuse to do anything about it. Co workers micromanaging you to the point that it’s so uncomfortable to work. Instead of instructing you they have this weird power control and yell at you like your their child.Then going to the manager like you’re the poor worker. The place is bad please save your time and mental being.
Pros
I can hardly remember
Cons
Co workers, demographics, lack of respect
Always working
Temporary (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 1, 2019
Was a contractor. They cut back on people and pile the workload others. Never a 40 hour week. Management has unreasonable expectations with the resources available.
Good Company, lazy people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 27, 2019
Great company however the communicate between internal stakeholders can be frustrating. Constantly following up and make sure that others are doing their job.
Working at firmenich gives you a chance to meet people from all over have worker from all countrys working t0here
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMay 19, 2019
Had a great time working at firmrnich for 17 years would have stayed except time to retire came up .for a young person starting out this is a great first job. You will get great experience working yhere
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want it
Cons
To much overtime if you don't want it
Worst Company Ever
Lead Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  New Ulm, MNApril 26, 2019
I worked at FIRULM full time for 4.5 years. Worst company to work for! An environment of distrust is no place to spend nearly twelve hours a day. Poor communication in management!

MAPW
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
Poor management, bullying staff, no proper training, communication is unprofessional & disrespectful, unhappy attitudes and interactions of the workers there, the company has a bad reputation, different people give you different answers about job duties, there are no clear goals for you to work …
Forklift Operator
Shipping & Receiving Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2019
The shipping and receiving department was a tight knit machine. Everyone assisted everyone. Great experience in team work and professionalism. Would highly recommend.
I miss it
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  New Ulm, MNMarch 18, 2019
I wouldn’t have left that job if I didn’t have to go to treatment in the cities. They pay very well for the area and for the work you do. It is primarily males that work there but they were extremely welcoming to me being a female and working my way up the ranks. It is physical work and it gets hot. But I loved it there!
Pros
Quarterly bonuses based on how the company did
Cons
Physically demanding
very good place
Material Handler / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33811January 29, 2019
very fast paced job working in a regular warehouse sometimes in the freezer all day, but you were very well trained on what to do all management are trained to work with you if necessary
Cool People
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Definitely met some nice people while here. Major downside was compensation, very limited and in my opinion below market value. Positive leadership and culture.
good place to work
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 3, 2019
it was a good place to work and I learned much about working for an international company. It was my first exposure to the corporate work and was a great experience
Pros
good place to work
Very poor management
Blending Packer (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MN 56073December 5, 2018
Typical work day is long and stressful. Never enough employees to properly fulfill orders and employees are rushed when short staffed. I learned that instead of getting trained into my new position, the crew members are looking for ways to get rid of me.
Company is a joke!
Senior pilot plant operator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 8, 2018
Devisive work environment. Management uses people like expendable pawns in a hostile work atmosphere. This is not a company I would not recamend to anybody looking for employment.
Pros
Cons
Management at all levels is a joke.
Huge company with opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed the years I worked for this company. The manager was not always fair and did not treat everyone the same way. After I had my first child, my husband and I decided it was best for me to stay home and raise our daughter.
Last assignment was perfect fit; enjoyed colleagues and assignment
Global Senior Business Controller (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 28, 2018
My ideal assignment would be a business and/or innovation controller in a food/fragrance house. My typical day consisted of:
(1) the generation of ad hoc revenue, gross margin, vitality, and general operating expense analysis.
(2) the development, validation, risk assessment, and tracking of financial performance of global innovation and creation projects
I essentially self-governed with a great deal of latitude. Projects were conducted by cross-functional teams, but tended to be more risk-averse than other companies with which I have worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was its multi-cultural and diverse focus, as well as its focus upon environmental sustainability. The most difficult part was global interaction with colleagues in many time zones.
Pros
Excellent 401K match, profit sharing, generous personal leave
Cons
Excessively "Top Down" in its management style
Good Experience
Plant Controller - Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 23, 2018
i enjoyed working with Firmenich because of its international presence. This offered me the opportunity to expand my knowledge of the cost of operations.
Pros
Knowledge Opportunity
Cons
Could Pay better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firmenich. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight