Firmenich

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Co-worker

Firmenich is a good place to starts if you just got out of college. But if you want to move up, you will need to know someone. All my co-workers are good, and I do miss them. However, management needs a lot improvement.

Pros

co-worker, flexible hours

Cons

bad management

Productive and a nice place

Manager wasn’t the best, I would suggest applying in 2023 or 2024.. once they get a new manager. Guys and girls was great. Manager didn’t like to see us smile.

Big company, low pay, isolated small group

This place is not for hard working people. If you work hard, you get more duties and work. These works are “shared” other lazy people’s burden. However, you do NOT get more pay. Only very few bonus. This company has no future for people who works hard but good for people who like to talk and meeting. If you are good for talking and give your work to other people, this is the right place for you.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Low pay

Buen equipo de trabajo pero mucha presión

Excelente empresa para trabajar y hechar a su familia adelante.

If you are looking to grow a career it's the place to be

People are amazing. Best workers i've ever worked with, people care about their jobs. Pay is good and benefits are better. Long hours some days. Managers have been good and they help you move forward in the company if that's what your looking

Pros

Pay, people i work with

Cons

Work life balance isn't the greatest

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Management is the worst I ever seen

Management is very poor, production manager never knows nothing he lies to get away with everything,.No good training.they don’t care about important things a very dirty GMp room

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Very poor management

Not their fault

They just bought out the company. Left the old management team in place which is a mistake. Most of the hourly employees are looking to leave because the managers have made it quite clear we are all replaceable. The open spaces we do have aren’t being filled because the pay is lacking. HR makes promises they don’t keep so don’t trust a word they say. Really hard to move upwards as well because the site is so small. Overall don’t work here.

Pros

Good hourly employees

Cons

Management sucks

It was great

Really enjoyed working there, made some great friends and had a lot of fun. Only quit because I moved countries. It's a fab place to work. I was a sensory panel analyst and had a blast.

Pros

free things

Cons

malodors

just so unorganized

would not recommend. i know there are a ton of departments within this company and maybe i landed in the wrong one but management didn't care, did not contribute to employee growth.

Pros

sometimes had food in the office

Cons

management

Pretty easy job if eveyone is on the same page

Very poor management there is no communication at all and the cronyism is bad also. If your not in with the right group your days are numbered for sure. A lot of backstabbing goes on there for some reason and the turnaround is pretty high but other than that it's a pretty decent job good pay and lots of overtime.

Great experience....busy environment

There is no typical day, there are always new projects and support when needed. My co-workers were extremely friendly and the company has many programs for children and local fund raisers.

Pros

Quarterly bonus

Cons

None that I can think of

The good is you work with wonderful people

Reactor Operator run three reactors 12hr rotating shift work with hazard chemical you do everything yourself charge 20 to 30 drums for one reactor drumming off take out drums get empty drums don't forget the other two reactors while there running

Pros

The good is you work with wonderful people

Cons

Salary doesn't match job description

Overall healthy work environment with many areas to gain great experience.

Overall very much enjoyed my work experience with Firmenich. Would definitely think about going back. Learned so many valuable techniques and skills from them to further my career even with other companies. Would easily tell people that working for Firmenich is a great career move.

Pros

Healthy work environment, great benefits, exposure to valuable experiences

Cons

Difficult to advance in position

Terrible managment and unfair

People often get terminated with no warning or reason. Make one mistake and youre done. No proper training to help you succeed and management cant be trusted. This plant needs to change their entire management team due to the distrust employees have towards them. If you start working have a back up plan. You'll need it

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

management and poor training

A company filled with bullies, harassers and racists

It was terrible. Got racist comments, got sexually harassed, and was "hazed". There are no people of color there because it's so racist.Look on online for lawsuits, there are plenty at this place.You won't learn any new skills here either.You'll constantly get calls on a Friday evening for things due Monday morning. You'll also travel and not get back until Saturday morning or leave for trips on Sundays. Either way, you'll lose tons of weekends and won't get them back.They also won't close the office for snow days even when the state of NJ declares a snow emergency.

Pros

Benefits are good.

Cons

The people, management, all of it is bad.

Nice place to be. 7/10 place to work

Nice place to work. Really good benefits and people are very nice that work there. Firmenich does a good job at hiring people who are educated and very work motivated.

Pros

Nice place

Cons

No room for stuff. Disorganized and hard to work as an operator when everyone relies on you.

More than fair....great company to retire from...

Just felt like I can retire from this company.I was BLESSED to work for this Company.Really good experience.I was always willing to learn more.....you are never to old to learn my Dad always told me.The ARMY TOUGHT ME STAY ALERT,HELP YOUR FELLOW MAN.TO MAKE IT WORK.THINK AHEAD TO MAKE THE BEST OF IT.FOR YOU AN YOUR COWORKERS......

Pros

Different chemicals, people, an jobs.

I was wrongfully terminated at this company.

I was sexually harassed by several employees within this company. And when I spoke up about what is going on I was terminated. People within the company are very dishonest & will go against you with other employees to have you fired for no reason at all.

It creates an enviroment to work at your own pace

A good place to work as you are always given a sense of belonging, and get your job as you decide how and when as long as you keep to desired schedule.

Productive and Punctual.

I've learned how to use SAP, in the 6 years that the company started using it. How to dump and load, new vanilla beans into percolators and program to start the heating process. Multitask in one room to another room, where I was producing Naturome coffee and teas.

I enjoyed my time at Firmenich

I started as a Lab Tech and worked my way up to manager. I had several managers over the 8 years I was there. I felt valued. I know a lot has changed since I left and there has been a lot of turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Firmenich. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight