First Alarm Security Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Recommended, but depends on the site
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2018
I have worked for a couple security companies, and have interviewed with several. I will say, the culture and atmosphere all depends on the site and the people you work with. As for the company in general, no complaints. They provide good benefits after 90 days and the pay is above average comparing to other security companies. Now for upward movement, that also depends on the site. The site I used to work at had a strong leadership team, so the manager didn't let go of any supervisors in the past few years. If you want to jump into management of any security company, your best bet is to go into law enforcement, and then transfer into a security company after 5+ years. That is just my advice, seeing it from my perspective.

This is a pro and a con at the same time. The site that I worked at never laid off a security officer, even when they were late, or didn't do their job. So if you are affected by this, it may be a con, considering it reduces moral from everyone. One employee was so toxic to the point where a number of people who worked with him left the company after few weeks.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2018
the job was not that difficult. the supervisor was nice and informative.
all travel within the job was paid for by the company. uniforms and vehicle was provided by the company.
Stressful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 11, 2018
The manager was terrible. Never took interest in others opinions and was always late to work. Always yelling at everyone and pinned others against each other.
good place to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95825April 9, 2018
very nice to work with and this guys are cool like my supervisor. i can not say against with them, because they know how to deal with their employees. they are in good line.
great workplace
Foot Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Was able to create my own schedule and work whenever i wanted to which was nice. Was not placed in very dangerous jobs and was very low key type of work
No job training
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAFebruary 9, 2018
They don t train their employees. Most of the top staff in the company are gone. They didn t give raises. You got promoted if you threatened to quit.
Pros
other employees were great
Cons
poor corporate decisions
productive work place
Field Manager/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RockvilkeNovember 7, 2017
Company is a great new company in maryland, Can't wait for the company to continue to grow. Excited to see what will come in the future. Ceo and staff are always willing to help
Really cool work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 2, 2017
The company was nice and clean love that they would give me overtime like almost every week pay was great and the people I work with was friendly and always willing to help when I didn’t know but over all I was a fast learner and got the jod done
Pros
Cons
Breaks was average and lunch was at my post
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2017
Manager was great at hiring guards but when it came to time off it wasn't always approved. Originally lied about the pay rate. Good at hiring guards but not at keeping them.
Pros
Full 8 hours easy job
Cons
Low pay for the state and living wage
Grave
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CASeptember 29, 2017
Clock in, check the dispatch board, quickly catch up to each call and handle appropriately. Work with other dispatchers in communicating issues or actual emergencies. Cooperate with shift manager.
Pros
Bathroom was very close, able to eat and read at desk when not busy
Cons
management that has since left
Review
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 3, 2017
It is a great company to work for but it needs a proper human resource management plan. It also needs leadership that is accountable and leads by example which is sometimes a problem for accounts.
Pros
Cons
Human Resources
Professionaly-run security company. Supervision is not adequate
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 11, 2017
Could use additional office staff for dispatching, providing necessary equipment, etc. Work tends to be at retail locations and requires being on foot for 8 hours.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 27, 2017
it is cool and chill don't mind working here for the mean time the managers is cool and they also will work around you schedule so I guess I do appreciate that
Payroll for Security Guards.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 26, 2017
A lot of turnover, but I was busy and i loved it. I had several different functions in my beautiful payroll office and very much loved the diversity. I learned a lot there.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Sometimes there were very long hours.
Fun job and great entry job for a prospective peace officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 10, 2017
Overall the company is solid however pay rates and compensation for various classes and certifications aren't the most desireable. Worked for the company for 10 years and didn't receive a change in pay but once.
Pros
Good company fun job
Cons
Compensation in the salinas branch is weak
Slow and boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2017
Every day would pretty much be the same, nothing new would ever happen. The work itself is alright. it is the other employees that make the company better
good company bad salary
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2017
needs to pay more so employees can feel like they are taken care of. not much time for days off . if you call in sick you don't get paid
Pros
driving
Cons
no raise, owner changed
The company have different location all over silicon valley
Fairmont Hotel Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95110January 8, 2017
The company is not that great to work. There employee's complained about there hours and checks not adding up to the point the company got sue
Pros
I do get free lunch from the site I work in but the security company does not provide food
Cons
The company over work you and sometimes the hours don't add up to the check you are being paid for
It's a fun experience and you meet other workers as well
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CADecember 5, 2016
Very great job no problems you get to go to events that you thought you would never go. You meet very important people as well. You get paid very well and they work around your schedule if you go to school
Average Company
Security Supervisor/Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2016
Some of the management is a little scatterbrained but otherwise it's a pretty typical corporate-run security company that kinda churns out guards like McDonalds churns out burgers.
Pros
Paid Working lunches, very little supervisor interference, great if you get a driving position
Cons
No annual bonuses, not a large range of sites, lot's of favoritism within the management.