First Alarm Security Services Employee Reviews

good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 19, 2018
really good place to work at they work with our schedule and all it just really slowed down while the companys that leave to yuma az other than that they good
A waste of time
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2018
I was hired for a mobile position, but I never took a driver's safety test for the company. In fact, I was specifically told "lets just SAY you watched the video and you can answer the questions". Luckily I'm a good driver and knew the common sense questions. I was given a truck, a list of "hits" and a time limit, and though I was never watched while working, there are video cameras that not only record audio and video, but it beeps at you and sends the company a message if you make too sharp a turn.

Management didn't seem very willing to work with you, and there was a ton of miscommunication. I see a lot of ads for this company practically begging people to work, its just too bad they don't know how to treat people very well. If you're DESPERATE for work, sure go ahead. But if you want to feel appreciated at work, or even that the work you do matters, this isn't the place for you
Pros
the fact that I don't want there anymore
Cons
the whole thing was a mess
to be improved
Patrol Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good interpersonal relationship with coworkers. The hourly income is on the low edge and need improvement as a matter of urgency so that employees could be retained more and productivity enhanced. The general cost of living in Santa Rosa is too high for the present hourly renumeration and that has impeded so much on employee productivity and settlement.
Pros
Customer and employee friendly
Cons
Low renumeration in regards to cost of living in the area.
Steping Stone
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD and D.CAugust 6, 2018
What I like about this company is, that its what you make of it. Security is not for everyone but I do think this company is fair. But sometimes its the mindset of the people coming into the company that can either help or bring down the culture.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay and travel
Job seemed fine at first glance....
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2018
However, supervisor would not listen to any concerns.
He would brush them aside trying his best to counter what I say, even though his counter arguments were wrong.
Made me feel as if he didn't care, which is a valid statement because he did say it.
The site managers don't care either about you or your safety.
Speaking to them once and you will better understand.
They need someone to protect their property, all they care about is the property.
The job had certain dangers that only become visible once you get to know the job inside and out.
The take away from all of this, the supervisor whom isn't at the job site daily and site managers who don't work for this company just don't care.
Pros
Paid lunch, Company seems professional
Cons
Lack of understanding, starting rate of pay, management
Recommended, but depends on the site
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2018
I have worked for a couple security companies, and have interviewed with several. I will say, the culture and atmosphere all depends on the site and the people you work with. As for the company in general, no complaints. They provide good benefits after 90 days and the pay is above average comparing to other security companies. Now for upward movement, that also depends on the site. The site I used to work at had a strong leadership team, so the manager didn't let go of any supervisors in the past few years. If you want to jump into management of any security company, your best bet is to go into law enforcement, and then transfer into a security company after 5+ years. That is just my advice, seeing it from my perspective.

This is a pro and a con at the same time. The site that I worked at never laid off a security officer, even when they were late, or didn't do their job. So if you are affected by this, it may be a con, considering it reduces moral from everyone. One employee was so toxic to the point where a number of people who worked with him left the company after few weeks.
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2018
the job was not that difficult. the supervisor was nice and informative.
all travel within the job was paid for by the company. uniforms and vehicle was provided by the company.
Stressful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 11, 2018
The manager was terrible. Never took interest in others opinions and was always late to work. Always yelling at everyone and pinned others against each other.
good place to work with
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95825April 9, 2018
very nice to work with and this guys are cool like my supervisor. i can not say against with them, because they know how to deal with their employees. they are in good line.
great workplace
Foot Patrolman (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Was able to create my own schedule and work whenever i wanted to which was nice. Was not placed in very dangerous jobs and was very low key type of work
No job training
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CAFebruary 9, 2018
They don t train their employees. Most of the top staff in the company are gone. They didn t give raises. You got promoted if you threatened to quit.
Pros
other employees were great
Cons
poor corporate decisions
productive work place
Field Manager/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RockvilkeNovember 7, 2017
Company is a great new company in maryland, Can't wait for the company to continue to grow. Excited to see what will come in the future. Ceo and staff are always willing to help
Really cool work place
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 2, 2017
The company was nice and clean love that they would give me overtime like almost every week pay was great and the people I work with was friendly and always willing to help when I didn’t know but over all I was a fast learner and got the jod done
Pros
Cons
Breaks was average and lunch was at my post
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2017
Manager was great at hiring guards but when it came to time off it wasn't always approved. Originally lied about the pay rate. Good at hiring guards but not at keeping them.
Pros
Full 8 hours easy job
Cons
Low pay for the state and living wage
Grave
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CASeptember 29, 2017
Clock in, check the dispatch board, quickly catch up to each call and handle appropriately. Work with other dispatchers in communicating issues or actual emergencies. Cooperate with shift manager.
Pros
Bathroom was very close, able to eat and read at desk when not busy
Cons
management that has since left
Review
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 3, 2017
It is a great company to work for but it needs a proper human resource management plan. It also needs leadership that is accountable and leads by example which is sometimes a problem for accounts.
Pros
Cons
Human Resources
Professionaly-run security company. Supervision is not adequate
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 11, 2017
Could use additional office staff for dispatching, providing necessary equipment, etc. Work tends to be at retail locations and requires being on foot for 8 hours.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 27, 2017
it is cool and chill don't mind working here for the mean time the managers is cool and they also will work around you schedule so I guess I do appreciate that
Payroll for Security Guards.
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 26, 2017
A lot of turnover, but I was busy and i loved it. I had several different functions in my beautiful payroll office and very much loved the diversity. I learned a lot there.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Sometimes there were very long hours.
Fun job and great entry job for a prospective peace officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 10, 2017
Overall the company is solid however pay rates and compensation for various classes and certifications aren't the most desireable. Worked for the company for 10 years and didn't receive a change in pay but once.
Pros
Good company fun job
Cons
Compensation in the salinas branch is weak