First American Bank Employee Reviews

Family feel
Financial Service Rep/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAMarch 13, 2018
This was the first job that I had that I truly understood what it meant to work for a family feeling company. my boss and coworkers were so nice, we always went out for lunch. bones were great, it truly made working overtime easy. also it was easy to move up. I enjoyed this job a lot
Great start
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 26, 2018
If your looking for an entry level position in the financial services field, a small to medium sized bank is the best way to go! Usually better compensation and less stress over making numbers.
Employed for a short length of time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAOctober 26, 2017
I was not employed with this company for very long at all. Only a few months. I found a different institution that was located closer to my home which is why I left.
Very tense enviroment.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Webster City, IA 50595March 2, 2017
I worked in the morning opened up night deposit. record all information about night deposit on log book. Did ATM daily. Sorted and delivered mail. Answered phone call.

No team concept and micro managed.

very tense work environment.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
no team concept
Workplace
Branch Manager, VP (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The workplace was good. However at the time of the merger we had to build our customer base quite a bit due to loss due to the merger. I enjoyed going out and meeting new people everyday
Pros
Meeting and working with people
Cons
Iowa base bank coming in not knowing much of Naples
Enjoyed helping customers with their financial needs.
Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster City, IAOctober 3, 2014
I enjoyed learning the banking industry. I would have liked to had more training before I started the position. I liked to help customers find the best product for their financial needs. I am a team player, when the teller staff where backed up with customers, I would get into a cash drawer and assist customers.
Pros
Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Like helping customers and meeting their needs.
Cons
Would have like more training.
It was an ok company.
Bookkeeper /Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJune 29, 2012
I worked in Bookkeeping and as a teller right after college. I was not with the company long as I received a better offer. Not a lot to say about it.
Pros
bank hrs
Cons
not very friendly/.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American Bank. Our community is ready to answer.