FIRST AMERICAN BANK Employee Reviews

Very progressive employer
Corporate Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2019
The work was very challenging on a daily basis. The management was very good and I learned many different areas of banking while employed there. The workplace culture was very diversified.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
commute to downtown offices
There are no set policies and prodedures
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 13, 2019
It seems that every branch has their own procedures. Being a bank, the procedures should be standard for each branch. Branch managers are very nice.
Horrible place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 30, 2019
Horrible horrible management in the teller department in Hobbs NM main branch. The managers bring too many personal problems to work and take it out among there co workers. I was told by my trainer that it wasn't her job to teach me. I was very uncomfortable going to work every morning. Never hated going to a job so much in my life. The environment is so hostile. You can't even ask for help cause the managers will get upset and speak about you under there breath all day. Seriously just horrible place to over all.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Busy Day
Teller/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Vacherie, LAJanuary 9, 2019
Balance statements, deposits. Working environment was great. Everyone worked well together. Had to make sure large companies deposits balanced and if not, had to find out where the problem was.
I have not worked for this company in over 10yrs
Sr Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2018
I have not worked for this company in over 10 yrs and am not be able to tell you anything about how they are today. From what I remember it was a nice place to work at.
It was a great place to work
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
It was my first job. They allowed me to learn other skills while I was there. The environment was great. It was very casual , but serious. The management encouraged employee growth.
Fun
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 7, 2018
First American Bank was a great place to work. It just wasn’t for me. I wanted to be in health care and needed to finish school. I thought it was easy to learn and move up.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Rude customers
Great Place To Work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 26, 2018
Although I no longer work for First American Bank (my family and I moved), I very much enjoyed my 7 years there. They do a great job of training their employees and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. I never felt like a number. Always felt like a highly valued employee. I even had the delight of meeting the bank owner several times (the bank is privately held). Perhaps the biggest reason to work at First American Bank is that if you work really hard, people notice and you are rewarded.
Pros
Perfect company size. Great people. Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Only operates in Illinois, Wisconsin and Florida.
Enjoyable place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. They took care of their employees with good pay and benefits. Would recommend this facility to anyone looking for an enjoyable place to work.
Unpleasant
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 9, 2018
I was hired here when another employee left. They did not make the decision in time for that employee to train me for her job. I was never properly trained, and yet expected to "figure it out". Many items my supervisors did not even know how to do.
Diversity, Well Organized Training and Implementation
Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my work day at FAB because I was able to put to use all the training provided by them, and have allowed my skills to expand. It's a close knit organization, that even upper management got to know my name, including the owner of the company. I liked the branch where I worked because I was exposed to many opportunities that other small branches do not get the chance to experience on a daily basis. The hardest part is during the holiday season. The most enjoyable is the flow of traffic of customers still walking into the branch, despite the increase in electronic banking.
Competitive Sales Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 9, 2018
First American made sales a priority over customer service. Bankers were sent door to door in neighborhoods to promote bank products. A regional manager asked bankers to use personal contacts on facebook and in their cell phones to sell bank products.
very stressful
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILAugust 16, 2018
waiting for customers to come in, going to classes, making cold calls, filling in as teller. hardest part of the job was learning so much in a short period of time and the co workers not liking outsiders
Cons
co workers, management
temp job very nice colleagues and management
ATM Processor-Seasonal Temporary (Former Employee) –  CvilleAugust 15, 2018
I was there helping out in the bank office while
in between jobs, this was a temp job very nice colleagues and management, awesome teamwork and everyone got along.
short commute
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 27, 2018
I worked at First American bank as a teller first because the location was close to home. Lock of communication between management and staff. Transferred over to the IT dept and didn't have a opportunity to grow there.
Pros
short commute
Cons
bad management
Okay place to work
Data Services Team (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJune 10, 2018
The only goal is to increase profit. Management spends too much time arguing with other departments on the best way to accomplish that. It's not a very positive environment.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Disorganization in management
Long time ago...
Bank Teller, Drive thru and Front (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked at this bank but it is no more.

Very busy branch as it was directly across the street from a metro.

People were very nice but the job was stressful
A nice place to work
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampshire, ILMay 28, 2018
Provides their employees with the ability to learn and be promoted with in the company if you are willing to work hard to achieve it. Not every company provides this opportunity for their employees.
Probably okay now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 28, 2018
Have not worked here for fifteen years. The customer service area was extremely tight and strict. Excellent training. Very clicky. Best if you're single.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Not really flexible
Disfunctional Community Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 21, 2018
For anyone looking at postions for First American Bank....keeping you r search in gear. It will be a complete waste of time working for this company. Management sets unrealistic expectations of the staff. I would agree with several other post who commented on this aspect of the company. Additionally getting a promotion is impossible. I have worked in the financial services industry for almost 20 years and did a sixth month period of wasted time with the company before exiting with no regrets.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management, compensation