FIRST AMERICAN BANK Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 26, 2018
Although I no longer work for First American Bank (my family and I moved), I very much enjoyed my 7 years there. They do a great job of training their employees and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. I never felt like a number. Always felt like a highly valued employee. I even had the delight of meeting the bank owner several times (the bank is privately held). Perhaps the biggest reason to work at First American Bank is that if you work really hard, people notice and you are rewarded.
Pros
Perfect company size. Great people. Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Only operates in Illinois, Wisconsin and Florida.
Diversity, Well Organized Training and Implementation
Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my work day at FAB because I was able to put to use all the training provided by them, and have allowed my skills to expand. It's a close knit organization, that even upper management got to know my name, including the owner of the company. I liked the branch where I worked because I was exposed to many opportunities that other small branches do not get the chance to experience on a daily basis. The hardest part is during the holiday season. The most enjoyable is the flow of traffic of customers still walking into the branch, despite the increase in electronic banking.
Competitive Sales Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 9, 2018
First American made sales a priority over customer service. Bankers were sent door to door in neighborhoods to promote bank products. A regional manager asked bankers to use personal contacts on facebook and in their cell phones to sell bank products.
Unpleasant
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 9, 2018
I was hired here when another employee left. They did not make the decision in time for that employee to train me for her job. I was never properly trained, and yet expected to "figure it out". Many items my supervisors did not even know how to do.
Fun
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 7, 2018
First American Bank was a great place to work. It just wasn’t for me. I wanted to be in health care and needed to finish school. I thought it was easy to learn and move up.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Rude customers
I have not worked for this company in over 10yrs
Sr Processor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 5, 2018
I have not worked for this company in over 10 yrs and am not be able to tell you anything about how they are today. From what I remember it was a nice place to work at.
very stressful
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILAugust 16, 2018
waiting for customers to come in, going to classes, making cold calls, filling in as teller. hardest part of the job was learning so much in a short period of time and the co workers not liking outsiders
Cons
co workers, management
Disfunctional Community Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 21, 2018
For anyone looking at postions for First American Bank....keeping you r search in gear. It will be a complete waste of time working for this company. Management sets unrealistic expectations of the staff. I would agree with several other post who commented on this aspect of the company. Additionally getting a promotion is impossible. I have worked in the financial services industry for almost 20 years and did a sixth month period of wasted time with the company before exiting with no regrets.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management, compensation
temp job very nice colleagues and management
ATM Processor-Seasonal Temporary (Former Employee) –  CvilleAugust 15, 2018
I was there helping out in the bank office while
in between jobs, this was a temp job very nice colleagues and management, awesome teamwork and everyone got along.
Enjoyable place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. They took care of their employees with good pay and benefits. Would recommend this facility to anyone looking for an enjoyable place to work.
short commute
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 27, 2018
I worked at First American bank as a teller first because the location was close to home. Lock of communication between management and staff. Transferred over to the IT dept and didn't have a opportunity to grow there.
Pros
short commute
Cons
bad management
Okay place to work
Data Services Team (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJune 10, 2018
The only goal is to increase profit. Management spends too much time arguing with other departments on the best way to accomplish that. It's not a very positive environment.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Disorganization in management
A nice place to work
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampshire, ILMay 28, 2018
Provides their employees with the ability to learn and be promoted with in the company if you are willing to work hard to achieve it. Not every company provides this opportunity for their employees.
Financial Service Representative
Head/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2018
Head/Vault Teller
● Balancing and maintaining the vault, assisting customers with various transactions, completing monthly reports, training new employees, and managing the daily operations of the teller line.
● Managed 6 full-time tellers as well as maintained schedules, maintained and ordered supplies for the branch as needed while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Financial Service Representative
● Assisting customers by selling and cross-selling a full line of products and services, process and maintain customer accounts, and support the daily operation within the branch.
Pros
Old School Banking
Cons
Merge to new banking
Quality place to gain experience and knowledge
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at the bank included opening and closing procedures to ensure safety for myself as well as my coworkers. Majority of days were lax, while maintaining a professional appearance for customers. I learned many federal regulations and acts that must be followed in a financial institution under FDIC. Which was also the hardest part of the job, there were many simple tasks that you had to do for every transaction to ensure confidentiality.
Family feel
Financial Service Rep/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAMarch 13, 2018
This was the first job that I had that I truly understood what it meant to work for a family feeling company. my boss and coworkers were so nice, we always went out for lunch. bones were great, it truly made working overtime easy. also it was easy to move up. I enjoyed this job a lot
Long time ago...
Bank Teller, Drive thru and Front (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked at this bank but it is no more.

Very busy branch as it was directly across the street from a metro.

People were very nice but the job was stressful
Probably okay now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 28, 2018
Have not worked here for fifteen years. The customer service area was extremely tight and strict. Excellent training. Very clicky. Best if you're single.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Not really flexible
Stressful job, all about goals
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 21, 2018
Nothing but outbound calls, minimal customer service. Didn't get chance to grow. My manager didn't know how to manage and would just yell all of the time. She didn't take the time to show you how to do anything new.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor Management
Sales, Sales and Sales
Mortgage Processor and Closer II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
If you aren't selling products for the company your job is going to be canned. They don't care about the little person only the bottom dollar amount they can push for profit.