FIRST AMERICAN BANK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Diversity, Well Organized Training and Implementation
Assistant Branch Manager/Branch Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my work day at FAB because I was able to put to use all the training provided by them, and have allowed my skills to expand. It's a close knit organization, that even upper management got to know my name, including the owner of the company. I liked the branch where I worked because I was exposed to many opportunities that other small branches do not get the chance to experience on a daily basis. The hardest part is during the holiday season. The most enjoyable is the flow of traffic of customers still walking into the branch, despite the increase in electronic banking.
Competitive Sales Culture
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 9, 2018
First American made sales a priority over customer service. Bankers were sent door to door in neighborhoods to promote bank products. A regional manager asked bankers to use personal contacts on facebook and in their cell phones to sell bank products.
very stressful
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILAugust 16, 2018
waiting for customers to come in, going to classes, making cold calls, filling in as teller. hardest part of the job was learning so much in a short period of time and the co workers not liking outsiders
Cons
co workers, management
temp job very nice colleagues and management
ATM Processor-Seasonal Temporary (Former Employee) –  CvilleAugust 15, 2018
I was there helping out in the bank office while
in between jobs, this was a temp job very nice colleagues and management, awesome teamwork and everyone got along.
short commute
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJune 27, 2018
I worked at First American bank as a teller first because the location was close to home. Lock of communication between management and staff. Transferred over to the IT dept and didn't have a opportunity to grow there.
Pros
short commute
Cons
bad management
Okay place to work
Data Services Team (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJune 10, 2018
The only goal is to increase profit. Management spends too much time arguing with other departments on the best way to accomplish that. It's not a very positive environment.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Disorganization in management
Long time ago...
Bank Teller, Drive thru and Front (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked at this bank but it is no more.

Very busy branch as it was directly across the street from a metro.

People were very nice but the job was stressful
A nice place to work
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampshire, ILMay 28, 2018
Provides their employees with the ability to learn and be promoted with in the company if you are willing to work hard to achieve it. Not every company provides this opportunity for their employees.
Probably okay now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 28, 2018
Have not worked here for fifteen years. The customer service area was extremely tight and strict. Excellent training. Very clicky. Best if you're single.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Not really flexible
Disfunctional Community Bank
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 21, 2018
For anyone looking at postions for First American Bank....keeping you r search in gear. It will be a complete waste of time working for this company. Management sets unrealistic expectations of the staff. I would agree with several other post who commented on this aspect of the company. Additionally getting a promotion is impossible. I have worked in the financial services industry for almost 20 years and did a sixth month period of wasted time with the company before exiting with no regrets.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management, compensation
Sales, Sales and Sales
Mortgage Processor and Closer II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
If you aren't selling products for the company your job is going to be canned. They don't care about the little person only the bottom dollar amount they can push for profit.
Stressful job, all about goals
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 21, 2018
Nothing but outbound calls, minimal customer service. Didn't get chance to grow. My manager didn't know how to manage and would just yell all of the time. She didn't take the time to show you how to do anything new.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor Management
Family feel
Financial Service Rep/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAMarch 13, 2018
This was the first job that I had that I truly understood what it meant to work for a family feeling company. my boss and coworkers were so nice, we always went out for lunch. bones were great, it truly made working overtime easy. also it was easy to move up. I enjoyed this job a lot
Great start
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 26, 2018
If your looking for an entry level position in the financial services field, a small to medium sized bank is the best way to go! Usually better compensation and less stress over making numbers.
Financial Service Representative
Head/Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 16, 2018
Head/Vault Teller
● Balancing and maintaining the vault, assisting customers with various transactions, completing monthly reports, training new employees, and managing the daily operations of the teller line.
● Managed 6 full-time tellers as well as maintained schedules, maintained and ordered supplies for the branch as needed while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
Financial Service Representative
● Assisting customers by selling and cross-selling a full line of products and services, process and maintain customer accounts, and support the daily operation within the branch.
Pros
Old School Banking
Cons
Merge to new banking
Quality place to gain experience and knowledge
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at the bank included opening and closing procedures to ensure safety for myself as well as my coworkers. Majority of days were lax, while maintaining a professional appearance for customers. I learned many federal regulations and acts that must be followed in a financial institution under FDIC. Which was also the hardest part of the job, there were many simple tasks that you had to do for every transaction to ensure confidentiality.
It was a good place to work part time during high school.
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2018
The work environment was very relaxed. It was a job that I had while I was in high school and it was apart of the cooperative education program for my high school where I attended.
Family Owned Regional Bank
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 21, 2017
First American Bank is perfect for those looking to start a career in banking, or for experienced bankers that are looking to work for a smaller/regional bank. The technology trails the competition, but the culture is strong. You don't have to search hard to find individuals that have been here for 20+ years. The company seems to be growing, which is indicative of good job stability.
Pros
Pay is average to above average. Work/Life balance is above average.
Cons
Benefits are average to below average compared to competitors.
Privately owned bank
Assistant Vice President, Loan Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILNovember 10, 2017
Medium sized privately owned bank. The owners do care about their employees, but the compensation was only to a few. In the last 5 years of working there my entire compensation increase was only .5% on one of those years. This was driven by the board.

The leadership on the other hand is extraordinary in the knowledge and teaching you can receive. You just have to search it out.

Benefits were standard in comparison to other companies, and even though medium sized and private, they did compete with larger companies in this arena.

Stressful environment, and very little opportunity to advance. But, if you are starting off in banking this would be a good place to learn valuable insight into the banking world. Great place to learn, and then move on.
Pros
You get to know the owners, and leaders on a personal level.
Cons
Stressful, lack of advancement, very limited increase to compensation.
FAB Much to be desired
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 28, 2017
The office you worked at determined your fate. In a slow office, you were left to do hours of mindless calling, street sales and useless events that had effect on the branch results.
Upper managements wants to train like a community bank using the big bank strong arm approach to sales.
Good luck getting ahead unless you get close to someone at the top.
All calls incoming and out going are monitored. Way too much micro-management.
Training is Superior but is done in Addison.
Pros
Training Department
Cons
Unrealistic Goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST AMERICAN BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight