First American Payment Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great money
Sales Recruiter, Team Lead, Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 12, 2018
Extremely progressive with an open door policy to upper management, the room for growth within the establishment, I held 6 different positions within a 3 year time frame
Pros
Spiffs & Gifts
Great company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
When hired at First American Payment Systems, I was coming from outside of the industry with no experience or knowledge. I went through the company training and have now since advanced into positions with higher pay and higher levels of responsibility. One of the greatest parts of the company is the opportunity to advance. They do promote very frequently from within. Management is very supportive and hands on when it comes to helping you succeed and grow. Regarding workplace culture, it is very friendly, welcoming and fun. The company holds events through out the year that include games, food, prizes, and holiday lunches. The most difficult part of the job is learning all of the details if you have no knowledge of the industry. As a new employee, I sometimes felt overwhelmed with the amount of information but my teams and supervisor were supportive and willing to help me when needed. It became exciting to learn new information. The amount of support from everyone helped drive me to succeed and help others myself. I cannot recall a time when someone wasn't willing to help me with things I may not know or difficult issues. The best parts of the job involves good pay, health benefits, various discounts, gym reimbursements, a 401k, and the great people you meet at the workplace. I would highly recommend, especially if you are looking for a new career like I was.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, Fun workplace, Fast paced, Advancement Opportunities, Food, Benefits
Cons
Sometimes stressful, Food (When you are trying to be healthy)
Very productive, room for growth, fun environment
System Implementation (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy working for First American very much, there is always something fun going on to help the employees get involved, get to know each other, and feel less stressed. There is also plenty of room for growth within the company if you work hard and learn from all the opportunities given. I have nothing but praise for this company the supervisors, team leads, and even higher ups are snacking people to work with and are there if you need them.
Pros
Work environment, advancement, great people
revolving door, borderline fraudulent
Senior Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 29, 2018
Typical call center but way to stringent on numbers especially attendance, you will be unable to get to know your co-workers. Very much kept in the dark unless you need to know. Management plays by a completely different set of rules.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
healthcare, pay, no advancement, not a career, most don't last a year
July 3, 2018

We are sorry that First American was not a good fit for your professional goals. We strive to provide tangible advancement opportunities for our employees; and typically employees have received 1-2 promotions before achieving the level of Senior Technical Support Specialist. Additionally, most of our call center supervisory staff and team leads have been promoted from within.

We encourage teamwork and often organize activities to help engage associates and allow them opportunities to socialize and get to know one another. Attendance is one of the metrics we measure, but it is an important one to ensure we are available to meet the needs of our clients.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2018
Very Stressful Operational Function, Poor Management overall, No Lunch Break , Not enough shift coverage. The hardest part of this job is that you're not appreciate of your job performance.
April 10, 2018

We are sorry that you did not have a good experience in our call center.

While we are unsure of when you were employed with us, we can say that our call center continues to make improvements to the work environment. We work diligently to ensure each employee not only receives a lunch break, but also scheduled break times to make sure there is balance during the day.

Our workforce management staff work diligently to make sure business objectives are met while maintaining a work environment that proports teamwork, collaborative support, and excellence. Our call center has won the ATSI award for 5 years straight and we have done this through the collective work of our staff members.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue to build on the positive environment we currently have. Thank you!

Small company
Manager -Secur-Chex and First Advantage Gift Cards (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TXFebruary 21, 2018
They are a small company so there is little room for advancement. They have had several years in a row where they did not give out raises or bonus's.
Awsome company
Merchant Training Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Excellent company to work in, exceptional managers and great benefits. Great environment. Always opportunities to grow. Always innovating technology and very customer orientated.
February 27, 2018

First American Payment Systems has realized increased success in size and profitability over the years and has passed on that success to its employees through merit and bonus opportunities as it is earned. FAPS maintains an open door policy with respect to all levels of management including our executive team. We highly encourage two way communications between staff and managers to openly discuss growth opportunities, skills enhancement, continued education etc. and strive to foster a culture of promoting within our existing staff.

Poor Place to Work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 23, 2017
Training was not provided, not until 3 months down the road. FA has a High School type of environment, if you are not part of a group, then you are going to fail. Teamwork is ONLY for a certain group. Too many family members work at FA, so watch what you say employees like to tattle tale on you to upper management, managers like to take credit for your hard work. The hardest part of working at FA is dealing with the bad attitudes and hatefulness of the employees.
Pros
Great events if you get included
Cons
No Training, No Support
January 11, 2018

We appreciate your review and your honest feedback. First American aims to provide the training and tools that all employees will need to succeed. We strive to have an open environment where employees can raise concerns, questions and suggestions. As part of the problem resolution procedure, we welcome and encourage employees to raise items with their manager or HR. We will do all that we can to ensure that the culture and atmosphere at First American is positive and welcoming and that you receive all of the appropriate training and support that you need

Miserable, Horrible, Stressful place to work
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2017
First American Payment Systems management team has a "Good Ole Boy" club. Employees can and will get black balled. This was the most stressful place I have ever worked at. They will also play your coworkers against you and try to get information from them to use against you.

The HR department wasn't any help as well. I tried that route and did not feel comfortable talking to them at all.

This job was so stressful it caused a lot of mental issues that I continue to deal with today.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Cons
Mangement, Mangement, Mangement
November 7, 2017

It’s concerning to us that you had this type of experience. We strive to create a culture where people can contribute, thrive, grow and be treated with respect. Creating a great work experience is important to us. We are sorry you didn’t experience this at First American and we appreciate your feedback.

Corporate but not too corporate
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
Good entry level job in the heart of down town Fort Worth. Upper management is somewhat disconnected, low pay, but decent benefits. Always a department hiring for referrals or movement.
Pros
Free gym, located in Down town
Cons
Low pay, incompetent leadership
Fun place/ very supportive
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work for. The atmosphere is awesome. Very supportive with the Heart Association. They have lots of incentives and games going on within the company to up lift their employers.
Enjoyed this job as I could work with little supervision
New Account Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2017
High volume of applications daily and worked well as a team. I mostly enjoyed being able to listen to my music with earbuds and not have to worry about answering incoming calls. Great profit sharing benefits.
Fun and plenty of opportunities.
Customer Service and Tech Support E3 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 27, 2017
First American is a nice place to work. It has a lot of different personalities and events to help the employees.There are some issues with the breaks and lunches but overall it is a good work environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
First American Payment Systems
Lead Product Rep. (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2017
Excellent company to work for, excellent benefits. Job Work/Life Balance is good, Compensation/Benefits great, Job Security/Advancement stable, great Management and Excellent
Job Culture.
Great Company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2017
Great Company to work for! Great call center environment where I learned to process government entity payments. The managers were all great and very supportive and the its mixed culture of various ethnicity. The hardest part of the job is being able to control your snacking sitting at a desk and phone all day and the most enjoyable is meeting new people everyday and getting to know your co workers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company caterings, picnics, and parties
Cons
Non profit sharing, 1 full year before u receive a week vacation
Nice Company to be involed
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Be ready for alot of work ,if you love tech and having a challenged day , this is the job for you .It is fast paced and very detail oriented.
Pros
Nice benefits
Awesome place to work
Retention Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I worked there for almost 10 years, and the only thing I can say that it was an awesome place to work. Everyone from the Ceo, to the Call Center mangers, to all the employees were awesome to work with.
Great work environment, and great facility
Technical Support Representative III (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2017
a typical day at work consists of a very steady business day, we have many merchants calling, and having issues with their terminal (credit card machine) that makes the day goes by fast and is fun to learn about technology everyday.
Pros
off most of the holidays
Cons
short breaks
Management as a whole
Customer Service Technical Representative II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
Management as a whole was very poor. There was a lot of favoritism and nepotism going on. Very little advancement or assistance in scheduling around the mandatory weekends. I did have an amazing supervisor who was the main reason i was at the job as long as i was. I made sure i never had to leave her team when i was in the customer service department.
Pros
My supervisor and my schedule(normal schedule)
Cons
Weekend schedules not lining with weekkday schedules, management, no advancement
Account Manager - Loss Mitigations (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TXSeptember 15, 2015
Good Company with good benefits. Great co-workers and a good culture. Corporate office is in Fort Worth TX. It a fast paced job and you are working with the public.
Pros
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American Payment Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight