First American Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,266 reviews matching the search See all 1,558 reviews
Productive and Positive Workplace to work at.
Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 17, 2018
First American is a great place to work at, however, the opportunity for growth was not there. Although working under a great management team, the opportunity for growth within each department was just not there.
Pros
Great Managment Staff
Cons
Opportunity for Growth is not there.
N/a
VENDOR MANAGEMENT REP (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXAugust 17, 2018
One of the best companies I ever worked for. Our department was sold to another great company, but First American was definitely a great company......
Busy Environment
Title Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIAugust 16, 2018
You need great customer service, organization skills, and the ability to work quickly.
You work with many different real estate agents, morgage companies , and people from all walks of life.
You need to stay educated on the on going changes in the real estate laws.
It is always busy.
Pros
Is an 8 hour day
Cons
Some People are not friendly
Atmosphere is great
Commercial Title Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2018
Younger atmosphere, busy, work outings, mall in the same building, ok location, but travel on MBTA is terrible. Manager is great, expanding office soon, more offices.
Database Application developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 14, 2018
After stay in First American for 4 years, I am kind of like its working environment. People are really nice and give me a lot of opportunity to learn new things.
productive and fun
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2018
working with first american was fun. the management team was great to work with, they listened and was very supportive throughout my time there, with process improvements,etc. we also took the time to have fun, department celebrations such as birthday celebrations, and quarterly events for moral.
Pros
department events, free lunches, merchandise
Cons
closing the department of 75
Pay day advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 12, 2018
The laws have changed with pay day advance in this state and makes it to where people may be concerned about having a job. My decision to leave was to take care of my family. I couldn't afford to be with out a job.
Review
Recorder (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 10, 2018
Nice place to work. Professional and cozy environment. Friendly coworkers. Some of the cons would be small parking lot and small break room comparing the number of employees.
Overall, great place to work
CATEGORY MANAGER, STRATEGIC SOURCING (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 9, 2018
Was a great place to work. Good people, good culture, good environment. Only reason for leaving was due to relocation to another state. Would definitely recommend working there.
A good place to work with ping pong tables, PlayStation 4 and Wii U game room
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 8, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at First America and am sad to go. I recently moved and am now 100 miles from the call center and do not want to commute. I would recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Paid time off, bonuses and room for advancement
Cons
Very fast paced, some say it’s to stressful

Want to know more about First American?

Ask a question
Good place
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 7, 2018
The company is a good place to work as long as you don't work in their Detroit office because of management issues -- but they have lots of different offices.
Fun Place to work really miss
REO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 7, 2018
I really liked working at first American. I learned a lot. It took me where I am today in the Real Estate industry. if I had to do it all over again I would choose that company.
Pros
Holiday Parties
Cons
Don't have any
I would avoid this company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 2, 2018
A typical work day includes a lot of miscommunication and confusion as a lot of the workers don't understand what they're doing, they're just going through the motions. If you don't understand something, expect a bizarre explanation or a "just do it this way". There's an astonishing amount of gossiping and favoritism between workers and customers that goes on here. I don't know how some of these people even got hired because of the lack of professionalism and work ethic. Not to mention a lot of the workers are underpaid and overworked. The hardest part about this job is having to deal with the fact that you'll be at fault no matter what you do, even when you're following the rules. This bank will literally ruin your health
Work work do not talk
Sr. Escrow (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 31, 2018
The job was ok to work for but the people where not friendly at all, just come in to the office do your work and leave. Never tell you they want you to work over time until 30 minute before the shift end.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
The people not so friendly
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Counseling and Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work enjoyed the advancement opportunities and management created great work environment....compensation was not the best but set me off to a great career start
Pros
travel and great management
Cons
Pay to work needed more consideration
Facilities Assistant
Executive Assistant Facilities Department (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 26, 2018
Monitored and approved on line purchase of office supplies and computer equipment. Acted as primary contact for all requests regarding building maintenance and repairs by dispatching building engineer and/or day porter. Primary contact to all service vendors i.e. janitorial services, telephone equipment, vending machines, company pagers cell phones.
Pros
Good coffee and lots of good places to eat close by
Cons
stressful place to work;
Stressful work environment
Escrow Officer/Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZ 85374July 24, 2018
Management not supportive of employees. Overtime was discouraged unless approved in advance by management. Pay was fair and equatable. Good insurance benefits along with a commission on income branch rceived
Pros
Pay
Cons
Healthcare
REO CURATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 24, 2018
My day started with reviewing all REO Title Commitments, to see if anything was left on it that should have been removed after the foreclosure was completed. I reached out to Underwriting if needed and the foreclosure attorney to advise.

Hardest part of the job and the most interesting was when coming across a foreclosure property with so many issues that no matter what, turned into a quiet title action.

Enjoyable part of job, coming into work daily with incredible people.
Escrow Support
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2018
Very fast paced. Loved the office environment and location. Work colleagues and manager were awesome. During the month office could get very riled up, but that was expected.
Overall a good company to work for
HR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 22, 2018
First American is an overall good company to work for. Depending on who your management is, you have a decent work/life balance. Although the pay is still a bit lacking in my opinion, they are trying to get better at it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight