First American Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,182 reviews matching the search See all 1,466 reviews
was a good place to work
Title Assistant to Title Officers (Former Employee) –  typist/ title assistantMay 19, 2018
production orientated place of business. Challenged me as a person. Allowed me to be my own boss when it came to the job I was doing. I was very dependable and the company appreciated that.
Pros
allowed for advancement
Cons
Very nice and quiet place to work for. It is indeed old fashioned but still keeps up with technology
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 19, 2018
First American is a great place to work for. They give you a lot of benefits and compensations. The working environment is pretty friendly and quiet sometimes. Free drinks and snacks every week. Depending on the manager I feel that the experience might slightly vary. They do not provide free meals.
Great benefits and longevity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 18, 2018
Great company in terms of benefits and rich history. There is job security and longevity. The downside is the culture in some of the departments. Not so friendly and helpful to one another. A quiet environment where people keep to themselves.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
culture
Fun workplace great enviornement
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 16, 2018
One of the best companies i have so far however i had relocated cross country. i tried transfering jobs but nothing was available in the area i was moving to.
my military husband needed home care so i took a few months of to take care of him before i went back to work.
Only place in my past that I hated working at
Senior Collector/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 16, 2018
I am a strong believer that you should at least like your job somewhat - perhaps not look forward to going every day but you shouldn't dread going in. This is the only job i have ever had where i dreaded going in every day. The entire department i worked in hated their managers, it was toxic and i wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.
Pros
The office building was nice
Cons
everything
Review for First American Title
Sr. Escrow Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 15, 2018
I worked in the Customer Service area taking calls and emails to assist the Lenders with their concerns. It was a Queue setup. I liked assisting the customers. I worked as a Contract worked and there were no benefits or paid time off. The commute became too far.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Commute
productive and fun place to work
Post Closing/Assignment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMay 14, 2018
hard worker, dedicated to my job, work well with others, team player, quick learner will do what ever it takes to get the job done, will work overtime if neede
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
no helthcare
was good place to work in 2001
Title Searcher & Examiner (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 12, 2018
I am not sure how is it now, but in 2001-2002 it's a great place to work and learn.
benefits are great and lots overtime.
I learned alot there. hope it's still the same now.
It was an acceptable temp. job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2018
I was treated pretty well by the people at that particular branch. I appreciated that. The phones were very busy. Other than that, there's not much else to say.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 11, 2018
I enjoy the fact your work effort is recognized and they help you grow into a leadership role, they give you proper training and if you feel you don't understand they will help you and not look for the next to replace you. They don't recognize the negative they point out the positive
Pros
you can move up quickly
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Lien Release Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 10, 2018
This company has issues. They claim to be a top 100 company to work for, but its all on paper. Their motto PEOPLE FIRST is laughable. You are just a number in their world. Management is the worst, they are all over the place with decisions. They seem to worry so much about their jobs and the bottom line that they forget about respecting their employees. No job security at all. They lay off and fire people all the time. So glad I do not work here any longer what a relief to be out of there.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
They brag about how great they are, but don't practice what they preach.
Professional
Title Officer/Examiner Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Andreas, CAMay 10, 2018
Very nice office with professional staff. No drama, mature environment. Challenging at times but everyone works as a team. Great parking and standard benefits.
Pros
professional
Cons
commute
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2018
My experience was amazing at First American. The management and sales team were like family.
Very supportive and encouraging.
They help in my personal goals as well as business and sales goals.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Not to many
Great job and great people
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 9, 2018
This was a great job. I was laid off after 6 years. The Company was laying off people nationwide at that time due to a drop in the market. I started as the Receptionist and was promoted to Office Manager within a year. Managed the office. Performed accounts receivable and payable. Prepared a year end budget for the following year the last three years I was there. All three budgets were approved and implemented. Office staff did not really need managing as we were al professionals. It was a great job.
Pros
Lots of holiday parties, seminars, perks were generous
Work Environment Culture
Consultant / Report Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 8, 2018
A different working environment than I like working at. Doesn't seem to provide latitude to be creative even when creativity will provide less costly solutions to some issues within the department I worked in.
Positive work environment.
Internal Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 8, 2018
Great leadership that invests in its employees. A very collaborativ3e and positive work environment. Would recommend First American as a wonderful employer.
i don't want to provide review
Application Developer Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2018
I don't want to provide a review here today. There's really nothing for me to say about the company that would sway anyone one way or the other about this company.
Workplace and skills.
Document Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 5, 2018
Very friendly, fun and quiet workplace. A great place to maintain typing and computer skills as well as learning new computer short cuts and keyboard codes.
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule is great.
Cons
Morning shift are too early.
Fast Paced place to work
Authorizations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 5, 2018
Great place to learn new skills and work with highly enthusiastic people. You have the option of working overtime if you wish. The company is willing to work with your needs as an individual.
Pros
Guaranteed work and advancement
Cons
Must maintain a certain attitude at all times even when work can be stressful.
Recruited to First American and two months later, laid off.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Penn Valley, CA 95946May 2, 2018
Recruited and then laid off immediately. You'd think if a company is going to come after you to recruit you that they would not turn around and lay you off. Now no job.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay
Cons
lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight