First American Employee Reviews

Found 1,394 reviews matching the search See all 1,694 reviews
First American
Customer Service/ Valuation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2019
I loved working at First American while I was there I obtained a lot of training in various departments. the co workers were friendly and I've made some lasting friendships.
fast paced work
Post-closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 19, 2019
Decent management team. Long hours at the end of the month. Team leads come and go. Work atmosphere is good. Lots of really good employees. OK benefits..
Title Coordinator
Title Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2019
Enjoyed working with this company. Wish I could have still been with the company. I working from home which was great when planning a schedule weekly.
Pros
Company Picnic
Cons
Great benifits
Amazing Place to advance Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2019
When I started at First American there were many opportunities for growth. I was able to move quickly and expand my position. The people were also great to work with. After 9/11 their priorities changed to make money for their stock holders. Many entry level positions were sent to Mexico and India. It's a different environment there now. Not as many entry level positions as there use to be or opportunities to advance.

I learned many skills and perfected skills I already had when I started there. I'm very comfortable working with many different types of management styles but my favorite is open communication. I was able to share ideas and be heard. My ideas weren't always implemented but sometimes they were and I felt my contributions were valuable.
Pros
Great training programs and people
Wonderful people to work with
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
It was a great company to work for, my co-workers were wonderful, kind and friendly. I never felt pressured or stressed out on any occasion. Great team work!
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Poor structure within the company
Great place to work!
Commercial Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2019
I loved working at First American Title Company. The people there felt like family and even though the work could be challenging there was always a positive attitude attributed throughout the office.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Team
Bad Management
Agency Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2019
I sent some time with First American Title and it wasn't all bad. It was only when I transferred to the Phoenix operation that I experienced the effects of bad management. Advancement opportunities were very discriminatory. Management was very discriminatory in the way employees were treated. The work place culture was lowered to the level of high school clicks. The hardest part of this job was to show up every day and do your job in spite of the barriers place by management. The best part of the Job is when I found another job and got out of the Phoenix operation.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
Bad Management
Great environment, just wish the economy didnt drop
Commercial Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2019
Love the company, would work for them again. Friendly and always an open door and ways to advance. Fun place to work duri6holidays and sports seasons.
CA and AZ First American... AWESOME!
National Escrow Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2019
The best place I have worked and always look forward to openings. I have been in escrow and corporate accounting over the many years I had the opportunity to be with First American. I am proud to have been a part of this organization and highly recommend to anyone.
Cons
Good Place to work, good management, poor job security
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 8, 2019
The company is a great place to work
Job security is very cyclical
good cultural
good work/life balance
Management lacks vision
Little change for advancement
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Job Security
n/a
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 3, 2019
Large corporation, regional offices, leader in title insurance field. Adapting to new technology. Flexibility for remote employment. Benefits and salary inline with others.
Great Place to work
Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 2, 2019
Great People, Great Benefit. In this type of work there are ups and downs, the market is not always busy so there are really busy times and really slow times, apparently our corporate office decided we were too slow and they closed our office and let us all go without any advanced notice.
Pros
Great People
Service Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 28, 2019
I enjoy my cow-workers. The work environment is stressful. Job training is on the fly. The work environment for a phone center is loud making it hard to hear and concentrate while on the phone.
Loved going to work
Senior QC Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Was a great place to work. Employee friendly, Lots of events for team building. Donuts every Friday, Great management. Worked with a great team. We all became friends. Worked well together. If there was a problem on a file would discuss with another team member.
Pros
Great cafe, free lunch each month. Lots of activities for employees
Cons
Lay Off's
Large company
Senior QC Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 27, 2019
At the beginning it was an enjoyable and productive place to work. As some management left and new management was hired from outside the work culture changed and there was a large disconnect between management and employees which ultimately led to the closing of our department.
Title Officer - New York
Title Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2019
If you should happen to get a position here, do not leave. Best place I ever worked. Unlimited wealth of knowledge that is very easily accessible here. My manager was amazing, truly knew the industry and always had your back. Co-workers was amazing, perks were as well.

You have the opportunity to grow your career here. There are so many people there willing to teach you and help you grow.
Pros
co-workers, perks, flexability, managers
Cons
none that i can think of
Fantastic place to work - totally pro-employee and your well being.
Sr. Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 25, 2019
Fantastic place to work - totally pro-employee and your well being.

As far as I am concerned, they have no peers. Management listens and responds, culture is very good and what a nice place to work. I'd go back in a minute.
Nationwide company
Trustee Sale Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 23, 2019
able to transfer within company and learn new skills you also had yearly review given. Many different division to title and escrow as well as legal division
Good environment, tough sales sometimes
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2019
Management were patient and work with new employees to develop the sales skills for the industry.

Had some flexibility at work to help develop my life and balance.

Keep up good work @ Managers, but also look for different ways to reinforce a fair commission structure for bonuses so when the leads are colder people can still make money.
Pros
Good natured management, professional co-workers, Company Lunches and Potlucks
Cons
Feels difficult to sell so few products
Amazing place to work
Vice President/ Sr. Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 18, 2019
I learned so much working with 1st American Mortgage, Inc. I gained so much knowledge with the lending world, in addition to perfecting my management skills. I had the opportunity to make
so many new friends and long lasting client database. I wish they hadn't closed the company. the owner moved out of state with his family.
Pros
so many mortgage leads for all employees
Cons
long hours since my daughter was so young

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First American. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at First American.

Powered by Comparably