First Busey Corporation Employee Reviews

Very stressful, unfair treatment, prejudice company
Universal banker (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJuly 10, 2018
They play games. the staff act like middle school
Branch manager,plays favoritism. I was always walking on pins ,and needles
Such a shame how they smile in your face,then stabb you in the back.
I think this company could be better ran
Teller (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILMay 25, 2018
This company forces peer pressure on customers and I was not on with that. I had a very untrustworthy staff and made me feel like I wasn’t able to grow
Management was childish
Exception Item Overdraft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Champaign, IL 61820May 22, 2018
I loved my job and the work I did daily. Thought I had found the job I would be doing for a long time. That all changed when the bank went through a merger and we got new management. Working at the office turned in to a joke. The new management started running the place like it was a sorority. They just wanted to play games and have catered lunches, then would get upset when work got behind or you didn't want to participate because you had a full day of work to do. It felt like middle school with the favoritism and the outright dislike and degrading treatment for certain employees. Had coworkers diagnosed with life ending illness, then later pass away, while management just acted like that person never existed. Very uncaring atmosphere.
Cons
Heathcare deductible very high. forced to get HSA
Senior Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 18, 2018
Initially Pulaski Bank. Pulaski was one of the best companies to work before the sale to Busey Bank. Too many misleading communication and a corporate environment for a small company based on a small company in IL. No loyalty to employees that had put so many years into being devoted to Pulaski and the employees that helped create what Pulaski represented in the mortgage industry.
Pros
Was able to currently keep pay scale to meet metro area
Cons
Too many lies, misleading employees Initially Pulaski Bank, Pulaski was one of the best companies to work before the sale to Busey Bank, no loyalty, initial mortgage plans were misleading leading to several people losing their jobs
No longer a great place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 1, 2018
I worked for Busey for 13 years. The first years were wonderful. The employee came first and it was like a big family atmosphere. Then came the merger with another big bank in town. That’s when it all turned negative and went downhill. The new upper management were horrible. My department was taken over by someone with no experience who was an awful manager. Even though all my reviews were excellent, I was never promoted. Later I found out my coworker was telling falsehoods to our supervisor. The writing was on the wall, so I quit. No use in fighting since my supervisor had her blinders on. Leaving was the best decision I made.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Micromanaged, promotions not based on ability, Office politics
Worst place I’ve ever worked!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILApril 26, 2018
Management is stuck in high school and doesn’t know how to appreciate its hardworking staff! You feel like you’re being babysat. If they would fire management and start over it would be a much better workplace. Coworkers are a usually nice and bond over terrible management. I would never recommend this company to anyone they don’t value they’re employees.
Pros
You get to sit!
Cons
Management sucks.
Lies and deceit
Investor Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 28, 2018
First Busey is notorious for purchasing banks, assuring current employees they are safe, then eliminating the staff to save money. The atmosphere is on pins and needles due to lack of security.
Great bank and fun work environment
Regional Strategic Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 19, 2018
Loved my job at Busey. It was a newly created position and unfortunately when the mortgage industry took a big hit, there were 23 jobs eliminated in the Bloomington Normal market, unfortunately mine was one of them.
Pros
Great bank and fun work environment
Cons
Local bank with not as much financial backing
Busey Bank.
UNIVERSAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOFebruary 6, 2018
This job is great, and you get a lot of experience you will want. I am honored to get the job and make great decisions for customers. Information from the merger of Pulaski Bank was poor though.
Pros
A lunch, and lots of experience.
Cons
30 minute break, terrible insurance, poor Merger from Pulaski
Horrible
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJanuary 12, 2018
The manager is a mess, she is a bully. She shows favoritism over blacks. She made it stressful and fire becuse you don’t fit,Just horrible... hate it.
Pros
Health care and pay
Cons
Will fire you for whatever reason they can
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 18, 2017
Management was disorganized & had no communication with each other. Need to understand how to deal with employees who have disabilities. If you didn't stand behind your managers they would do what is necessary to terminate your employment. Cliquish management. Referral pressure constantly even though customers were lost after mergers. Didn't care about the customers only there numbers. Insensitive management.
Pros
Gym membership incentives, Good salary
Cons
No breaks, high deductible health care, stuffy dress code
Not the best place to work
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 17, 2017
First I only gave it a star because its required, it was not a choice. Prior to the merger this was the place to retire from. However the closer the deadline the worse the company and people became. There is a lack of management, no room for advancement if you were not a favorite with the SVP. In which they handed out promotions to the least qualified instead of the ones that really earned it.
Pros
Salary (prior to)
Cons
Weak management, poor benefits
Great people
Teller (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 7, 2017
Busey has great people to work with, not just in my branch but with other branches as well. Calling other departments is not a horror and the customers are awesome!!
An overall great company to work for
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 30, 2017
Busey is a superb company to work for and they help you reach your goals. It's a great place to work for no matter what position you're in. The best thing about Busey is they feel like family.
Pros
annual associates meeting, health/wellness benefits, they have a gym!
Cons
stressful position with an "walking on eggshells" feeling.
Growing Company with Opportunity
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 26, 2017
Busey offers good benefits and works with your schedule. The corporation takes care of their employees, however I was given no notice prior to my release. I received a 90 day pay increase and incentive's for quality, but was released without a verbal or written warning.
Loved working in this fun environment with hardworking people
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 15, 2017
Each day I, as well as every other coworker/customer, received a warm welcome coming into the bank. Every bad day would instantly get better coming into work due to the cheerful environment and the customers being happy to see you. The hardest part of the job would have to be letting down a customer if you could not grant their request due to a reason such as no license present when cashing a check or something of that nature. The most enjoyable factor would be the happy customers and getting to know them. My coworkers were phenomenal as well.
Pros
New friends, great hours, friendly customers
Not a fun place to work. Management is underhanded.
Retail/Mortgage Special Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141April 12, 2017
Prior to merger it was a fun place to work, after merger it became redundant, micromanaged and stressful. I did not learn anything from Busey it was all knowledge I had prior to merger. The hardest part of the job was coming in and the most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Great Company, Just wish they paid alittle more.
Telecommunications Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 24, 2017
I worked with a great team, and for a great direct supervisor. This company chooses to invest money the right way and do things right the first time. The only thing they don't spend money on is compensation. All in all I really enjoyed working at the bank.
Dont get sick because of their mold infested buildings
Teller (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2016
Denied time off for Dr appointments and only offered FMLA towards the end of my medication. I felt I had no choice but to call in for appointments and stick out the worst days at work. I didn't tell them about my poisoning because I felt there would be retaliation. Terminated after the busiest days rush without a care. When I started working at Busey I felt like we were part of a family, but far from it in the end.
Inviting and engaging workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 27, 2016
The large variety of customers and transactions in a typical work day makes working at Busey an engaging experience. Co-workers and management are kind and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Busey Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.