FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES Employee Reviews

Horrible Company from top to bottom
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 14, 2018
Organization is very dysfunctional from the hiring of employees to upper management. Corporate is a joke all together. The company doesn't pay vendors on time. Clocks employees out for breaks that are not taken and is an overall horrible company to work for. I do not recommend that anyone work for this company
Ok for a start job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
For me it was a fun experience, learning about jewelry and seeing all kinds of interesting things and servicing all kinds of people some experiences were not as good but it just made work interesting and never a dull moment.
Look somewhere else!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 30, 2018
If you like getting treated like a piece of garbage this might be the place for you. Constently getting pushed asized and talked down to in front of customers. They don’t train you there at all and just yell at you when you make a mistake. It’s a sales job. Buying and selling should be easy to do. Buy something at a good price and sell it for a good price should be the name of the game. It’s not. And if you give a loan out to a person who needs to pay a bill you can’t let him pay his bill you have to get him to spend it in the store. I could go on and on for days. Pay sucks for what you have to deal with!
Pros
Get a high self esteem
Cons
Just don’t do it!
not a great work place
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOJune 18, 2018
the hours are poor the management is not willing to provide staff with proper training there is a corporate vs. staff culture that is not only bad for moral but bad for overall business
Pros
new things happening
Cons
no breaks 12 hour shifts little training provided
Great enviroment
Lead Sales & Loan Agent (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
The work environment was fairly decent; many great people, special projects, and the organization provide many opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Absolutely ridiculous
Associate (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeMarch 6, 2018
No real benefit working for first cash. Management is pathetic and could care less about the employees. Expect you to come in with the flu. Doctors excuses are not accepted. Innocent mistakes earn write ups. Just a sad place to work. Extremely disappointed with my time spent there.
Pros
Few co workers
Cons
Everything else
Poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 2, 2018
Over worked and underpaid. If upper management doesn’t like you they make it known and do their best to force you out. Here you will be coached and trained how to work one way then it’ll all be changed as soon as you’ve got it down. When it comes to the supervisors, they have no idea what the other is doing.
Pros
Lots of downtime. You don’t have to listen to management
Cons
Managers will take your commission, managers don’t know the answers
Ok
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Seat Pleasant, MDFebruary 28, 2018
The hours were terrible didn’t get holiday pay favoritism was extremely heavy. Managers are extremely unprofessional and lazy sometimes you weren’t able too take your lunch break and they didn’t pay you if you stayed over to help out
It is ok to work here
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2017
I'm here for more than 10 years. There are a lots of thing to say but hard to leave when I'm here 10 years, I'm looking for room to improve my career.
Fun, lots of walking and standing
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2017
You will be on the go all day long. Helping customers with goods and services. You will have daily,weekly and monthly goals. (Sales)

What I enjoyed the most was the commission. You get what you give. If you are motivated by sales you will do GREAT.
Thanks,
AP

Want to know more about FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES?

Ask a question
50% Travel Nationwide
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2017
I would audit various locations and stores nationwide. I loved my job, however, the management team was very unprofessional. Hardest part of the job was traveling to the West end of Texas because you had to travel to 5 areas and audit up to 30 locations in 5 days, checking in and out of 5 hotels for 5 days made the job harder since this was a driving area, which made the days 20 hour days..
Pros
Catching fraud. I loved it.
Cons
Great place to work and Learn
Local Store Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 4, 2017
This is a great job for those interesting in the financial industry and looking to learn new process and skills. I learned how to test jewelry and gold and appraise their worth. I learned account management, customer service and strengthened my communications skills. It was a great job before my time in the Marine Corps and was an excellent job when I returned home, back into the civilian world. I left because I was offered a much higher paying career but had I not been given that chance, I would have been there a long time. The management was great, hours good and the over-all atmosphere of the company was very friendly.
Worst
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
Management is horrible does not listen to their employees, each day was stressful, the workers in the store are awesome, the management needs etiquette classes
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
People cussing you out
Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2017
Great environment, customer service, pay,schedule. Also has good benefits for employees with family's. Great rewards,and job advance with in the company.
Poor management, no support
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2017
For such a large organization, the support they provide to management is minimal at best. No training curriculum for new hires, yet they are expected to perform flawlessly from day one. Facilities are poorly maintained.
Work
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
The company is not very good for job advancement. The pay and benefits are very basic, but are in line with the industry.
Work is very production based with limited opportunities for cross training.
Learned a lot about the business and how to give great customer service,!
Field Legal Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
I very much enjoyed working with the friendly and helpful co-workers and department heads of other departments in the company both up and down the corporate ladder. I loved doing my job and learning about the business, its processes, and the needs of our customers and seeing to it that the needs of our customers were met. I had the opportunity to meet and speak to many kind professional people who took their role in the company seriously and also enjoyed servicing their customers, both internally and externally. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to extend heartfelt kindness to so many people. It felt good to be able to assist so many co-workers in the field and help customers resolve their issues with the company.The company is a good company to work for with a great corporate culture and friendly smiling people, most of whom treated each other with respect and understood and respected personal boundaries and good professional ethics and teamwork. With that said, department heads should be more closely monitored by their superiors to assure ethical and professional behavior.
Pros
Great corporate co-workers in other departments. Great benefits
very bussy enviroment never borring
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  s. buss 121 hwy Lewisville, TxApril 25, 2017
Responsibility on a very busy area is a daily challenge, always check your surroundings before entering the promises, organize and manage business keep up to date work place, give information to detectives and police department if required and receive armor car with cash order for office.
Pros
Cons
never can go out for lunch.
Long hours little flexibility.
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
Early mornings and late nights! Pay is not worth it but exposed to alot of development. Revolving door is very high rate , upwards of 8 of 10 people staying longer than 2 years.
Depends on the individual
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 1, 2017
The experience depends on the individual...typical office politics and environment. Different Cycles of productivity required...intermediate to high personal drive expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST CASH FINANCIAL SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9