First Cash Financial Services Employee Reviews

Not for everyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I worked there for over 11 years, 2 of which I was an assistant. I later demoted myself bc I found out they were hiring ppl in making more money than I was! An employee that knew the ends and outs of the business making less than someone that knew nothing about how it work, and barely knew how to use a computer! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Nasty place, micromanage, little to no time off during holidays
Fun but can be stressful
Pawnbroker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 6, 2018
Management varies from location fortunately I had a good experience while working for the company. There's no real benefits for Part-Timers compare to other companies.
Lots of fun like to compete with other office with ending numbers and percentages.☺
Office Manager/Collector (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed every minute working for a company that had our backs and encourage us to exceed our daily goals. It was sad to see the company close after working there for twelve years. I will always remember my fellow co-workers and supervisors all good memories. They helped me grow into the co-worker that I am.
Pros
Benefits, hour lunch, we all worked as a team.
Cons
Non
Not good company
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2018
Constantly under pressure. Poor upper management. No work life balance. No real sick leave. You will work where they want you and the days and hours they dictate. People do not count, the only concern is the money and profit.
Pros
Cons
No care for employees
Best job you could really ask for
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2018
the job is pretty great and simple. hardest part honestly is just dealing with some people who've had really terrible days and feel the need to take it out on you. i loved the job but had to relocate
Pros
commission
Cons
hours
Horrible Company from top to bottom
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 14, 2018
Organization is very dysfunctional from the hiring of employees to upper management. Corporate is a joke all together. The company doesn't pay vendors on time. Clocks employees out for breaks that are not taken and is an overall horrible company to work for. I do not recommend that anyone work for this company
Ok for a start job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
For me it was a fun experience, learning about jewelry and seeing all kinds of interesting things and servicing all kinds of people some experiences were not as good but it just made work interesting and never a dull moment.
Look somewhere else!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 30, 2018
If you like getting treated like a piece of garbage this might be the place for you. Constently getting pushed asized and talked down to in front of customers. They don’t train you there at all and just yell at you when you make a mistake. It’s a sales job. Buying and selling should be easy to do. Buy something at a good price and sell it for a good price should be the name of the game. It’s not. And if you give a loan out to a person who needs to pay a bill you can’t let him pay his bill you have to get him to spend it in the store. I could go on and on for days. Pay sucks for what you have to deal with!
Pros
Get a high self esteem
Cons
Just don’t do it!
not a great work place
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOJune 18, 2018
the hours are poor the management is not willing to provide staff with proper training there is a corporate vs. staff culture that is not only bad for moral but bad for overall business
Pros
new things happening
Cons
no breaks 12 hour shifts little training provided
Great enviroment
Lead Sales & Loan Agent (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
The work environment was fairly decent; many great people, special projects, and the organization provide many opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Absolutely ridiculous
Associate (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeMarch 6, 2018
No real benefit working for first cash. Management is pathetic and could care less about the employees. Expect you to come in with the flu. Doctors excuses are not accepted. Innocent mistakes earn write ups. Just a sad place to work. Extremely disappointed with my time spent there.
Pros
Few co workers
Cons
Everything else
Poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 2, 2018
Over worked and underpaid. If upper management doesn’t like you they make it known and do their best to force you out. Here you will be coached and trained how to work one way then it’ll all be changed as soon as you’ve got it down. When it comes to the supervisors, they have no idea what the other is doing.
Pros
Lots of downtime. You don’t have to listen to management
Cons
Managers will take your commission, managers don’t know the answers
Ok
PAWN BROKER (Former Employee) –  Seat Pleasant, MDFebruary 28, 2018
The hours were terrible didn’t get holiday pay favoritism was extremely heavy. Managers are extremely unprofessional and lazy sometimes you weren’t able too take your lunch break and they didn’t pay you if you stayed over to help out
Steady work meeting peoples and great bonus
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I learned how to do lots of reports, how to balance a safe, order cash from bank, make deposits, sell loan and closed back office. A typical day would be collection loan payments, upgrading a loan and closing a loan out. Workplace culture was great. The hardest part was calling to remind customers about their loan, and telling a client they didn't qualify for a large loan or no loan. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and getting to know my customers. We hardly seen up a management because there was a manager at the store.
Pros
bonus
Cons
angrily customers
As long as you get along well with your supervisor you have nothing to fear.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bladensburg, MDDecember 18, 2017
They have long work days, the pay is more than good but they expect you to work every weekend. They must come first and last in your priority list. They don't work with you if you need some family time.
Pros
You get paid commissions
Cons
no holidays off
It is ok to work here
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2017
I'm here for more than 10 years. There are a lots of thing to say but hard to leave when I'm here 10 years, I'm looking for room to improve my career.
Summary
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 28, 2017
checking inventory and merchandise making sure everything is there. make emails if required to notate things that we found were missing or not up to code.
Fun, lots of walking and standing
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 9, 2017
You will be on the go all day long. Helping customers with goods and services. You will have daily,weekly and monthly goals. (Sales)

What I enjoyed the most was the commission. You get what you give. If you are motivated by sales you will do GREAT.
Thanks,
AP
Poor work environment
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 2, 2017
Unethical and Toxic, poorly structured, poorly managed-From the top down. Inconsistent and on the whole, incompetent. Compensation was laughable, less than .30/hr raise yearly. Very little down time due to under staffing and uncooperative coworkers.
Pros
initialy varied, eventually not
Cons
Clientele and management
50% Travel Nationwide
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2017
I would audit various locations and stores nationwide. I loved my job, however, the management team was very unprofessional. Hardest part of the job was traveling to the West end of Texas because you had to travel to 5 areas and audit up to 30 locations in 5 days, checking in and out of 5 hotels for 5 days made the job harder since this was a driving area, which made the days 20 hour days..
Pros
Catching fraud. I loved it.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Cash Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.