First Cash Financial Services Employee Reviews

Great job if you have no kids
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 1, 2019
It’s a great job but the hours are long ang always understaffed so if you have a family you won’t have much time with them but if you are single and nothing to do at home you can become a great manager and make very good money
Pros
Easy job, easy money
Cons
Long hours, no time for family
Excellent work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2019
I really enjoy to work a first cash, it’s a good company and have good benefits for the employees, employees either do money with the hours and commission.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
30 minutes brake
I love the people its the job
Inventory Auditor and Broker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Love my coworkers also my customers! But everything changed when I got the manager position. It was a stressful event, and I wouldnt wish that on anyone.
Retail where you meet interesting characters
Pawn Broker (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 17, 2019
Open sales floor, put inventory out.
Come up with prices and give collateral loans.
Help with background checks.
Keep store organized throughout the day.
End of day duties include closing cash drawer and putting inventory away.
An overall good experience for learning sales.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJanuary 3, 2019
The job can be tough at times learning to negotiate with people to meet their needs but also the companies. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the job itself.
Pros
Learning sales and value of items.
Cons
Not a lot of potential to move up.
Not a very compelling place to work.
Compliance/Firearm Liaison (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 7, 2018
Not a very compelling place to work. Poor management and leadership. No consistent message or mission. Constant turn over. Lack of care for the customer and employee.
Pay no to good and benefits not free
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana TXNovember 3, 2018
I work for over a year and 1.00 it’s all got and I end it with 200 dlls check after deductions and benefits every 2 weeks went to the doctor one time and still have to pay 100 dlls this is the worst job I had in my life with out benefits you’re check is like 900 every 2 weeks it may be a good job for a single but for a married with children it’s junk job👎👎👎
Pros
5 days work
Cons
Very expensive healthcare not free you pay for it
Very busy workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhNovember 1, 2018
First cash has a different approach than other pawnshops. Most stores will operate understaffed and inefficiently. Very stressful environment, starting pay is not very competitive.
Pros
Business will always be there
Cons
Healthcare, management is paid hourly, several calls on your days off
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
This company is racist. They characterized black customers all as thieves or people that has made bad choices in life. Hispanics are looked as working people that just got a bad break in life.
Cons
Forces to take a hour lunch
Not for everyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I worked there for over 11 years, 2 of which I was an assistant. I later demoted myself bc I found out they were hiring ppl in making more money than I was! An employee that knew the ends and outs of the business making less than someone that knew nothing about how it work, and barely knew how to use a computer! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Nasty place, micromanage, little to no time off during holidays
Fun but can be stressful
Pawnbroker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 6, 2018
Management varies from location fortunately I had a good experience while working for the company. There's no real benefits for Part-Timers compare to other companies.
Lots of fun like to compete with other office with ending numbers and percentages.☺
Office Manager/Collector (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed every minute working for a company that had our backs and encourage us to exceed our daily goals. It was sad to see the company close after working there for twelve years. I will always remember my fellow co-workers and supervisors all good memories. They helped me grow into the co-worker that I am.
Pros
Benefits, hour lunch, we all worked as a team.
Cons
Non
Not good company
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2018
Constantly under pressure. Poor upper management. No work life balance. No real sick leave. You will work where they want you and the days and hours they dictate. People do not count, the only concern is the money and profit.
Pros
Cons
No care for employees
Best job you could really ask for
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2018
the job is pretty great and simple. hardest part honestly is just dealing with some people who've had really terrible days and feel the need to take it out on you. i loved the job but had to relocate
Pros
commission
Cons
hours
Horrible Company from top to bottom
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 14, 2018
Organization is very dysfunctional from the hiring of employees to upper management. Corporate is a joke all together. The company doesn't pay vendors on time. Clocks employees out for breaks that are not taken and is an overall horrible company to work for. I do not recommend that anyone work for this company
Ok for a start job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
For me it was a fun experience, learning about jewelry and seeing all kinds of interesting things and servicing all kinds of people some experiences were not as good but it just made work interesting and never a dull moment.
Look somewhere else!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 30, 2018
If you like getting treated like a piece of garbage this might be the place for you. Constently getting pushed asized and talked down to in front of customers. They don’t train you there at all and just yell at you when you make a mistake. It’s a sales job. Buying and selling should be easy to do. Buy something at a good price and sell it for a good price should be the name of the game. It’s not. And if you give a loan out to a person who needs to pay a bill you can’t let him pay his bill you have to get him to spend it in the store. I could go on and on for days. Pay sucks for what you have to deal with!
Pros
Get a high self esteem
Cons
Just don’t do it!
not a great work place
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOJune 18, 2018
the hours are poor the management is not willing to provide staff with proper training there is a corporate vs. staff culture that is not only bad for moral but bad for overall business
Pros
new things happening
Cons
no breaks 12 hour shifts little training provided
Great enviroment
Lead Sales & Loan Agent (Assistant Manager) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2018
The work environment was fairly decent; many great people, special projects, and the organization provide many opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Absolutely ridiculous
Associate (Former Employee) –  ChesapeakeMarch 6, 2018
No real benefit working for first cash. Management is pathetic and could care less about the employees. Expect you to come in with the flu. Doctors excuses are not accepted. Innocent mistakes earn write ups. Just a sad place to work. Extremely disappointed with my time spent there.
Pros
Few co workers
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Cash Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight