First Cash Financial Services Employee Reviews

Pay no to good and benefits not free
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana TXNovember 3, 2018
I work for over a year and 1.00 it’s all got and I end it with 200 dlls check after deductions and benefits every 2 weeks went to the doctor one time and still have to pay 100 dlls this is the worst job I had in my life with out benefits you’re check is like 900 every 2 weeks it may be a good job for a single but for a married with children it’s junk job👎👎👎
Pros
5 days work
Cons
Very expensive healthcare not free you pay for it
Lots of fun like to compete with other office with ending numbers and percentages.☺
Office Manager/Collector (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed every minute working for a company that had our backs and encourage us to exceed our daily goals. It was sad to see the company close after working there for twelve years. I will always remember my fellow co-workers and supervisors all good memories. They helped me grow into the co-worker that I am.
Pros
Benefits, hour lunch, we all worked as a team.
Cons
Non
Fun but can be stressful
Pawnbroker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 6, 2018
Management varies from location fortunately I had a good experience while working for the company. There's no real benefits for Part-Timers compare to other companies.
Very busy workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhNovember 1, 2018
First cash has a different approach than other pawnshops. Most stores will operate understaffed and inefficiently. Very stressful environment, starting pay is not very competitive.
Pros
Business will always be there
Cons
Healthcare, management is paid hourly, several calls on your days off
Not good company
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2018
Constantly under pressure. Poor upper management. No work life balance. No real sick leave. You will work where they want you and the days and hours they dictate. People do not count, the only concern is the money and profit.
Pros
Cons
No care for employees
Great place to work and Learn
Local Store Manager/Area Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 4, 2017
This is a great job for those interesting in the financial industry and looking to learn new process and skills. I learned how to test jewelry and gold and appraise their worth. I learned account management, customer service and strengthened my communications skills. It was a great job before my time in the Marine Corps and was an excellent job when I returned home, back into the civilian world. I left because I was offered a much higher paying career but had I not been given that chance, I would have been there a long time. The management was great, hours good and the over-all atmosphere of the company was very friendly.
Look somewhere else!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 30, 2018
If you like getting treated like a piece of garbage this might be the place for you. Constently getting pushed asized and talked down to in front of customers. They don’t train you there at all and just yell at you when you make a mistake. It’s a sales job. Buying and selling should be easy to do. Buy something at a good price and sell it for a good price should be the name of the game. It’s not. And if you give a loan out to a person who needs to pay a bill you can’t let him pay his bill you have to get him to spend it in the store. I could go on and on for days. Pay sucks for what you have to deal with!
Pros
Get a high self esteem
Cons
Just don’t do it!
Fist cash financial
MIS Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2017
I enjoy and have enjoyed being apart of this company for so many years. I started in the collections department, after a year I was given the opportunity to take on the position of Bankruptcy Clerk, with no experience, It was a challenge because I had no knowledge what so ever. I made many mistakes in the beginning but the company believed in me and kept pushing me to continue even when I thought I was not capable. The culture of the place was and is awesome, you should understand why I am only now seeking other opportunities. I enjoy the people and the hours. Now I was given the option to take the job as a Help desk Specialist, which I have only been in this position for a short period of time.
Pros
weekends off, over time options, family oriented, incentives
Cons
the only con to me is the rate of pay given each year as a raise.
Not for everyone
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I worked there for over 11 years, 2 of which I was an assistant. I later demoted myself bc I found out they were hiring ppl in making more money than I was! An employee that knew the ends and outs of the business making less than someone that knew nothing about how it work, and barely knew how to use a computer! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Nasty place, micromanage, little to no time off during holidays
Not a very compelling place to work.
Compliance/Firearm Liaison (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 7, 2018
Not a very compelling place to work. Poor management and leadership. No consistent message or mission. Constant turn over. Lack of care for the customer and employee.
not a great work place
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland, MOJune 18, 2018
the hours are poor the management is not willing to provide staff with proper training there is a corporate vs. staff culture that is not only bad for moral but bad for overall business
Pros
new things happening
Cons
no breaks 12 hour shifts little training provided
Horrible Company from top to bottom
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 14, 2018
Organization is very dysfunctional from the hiring of employees to upper management. Corporate is a joke all together. The company doesn't pay vendors on time. Clocks employees out for breaks that are not taken and is an overall horrible company to work for. I do not recommend that anyone work for this company
Poor work environment
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 2, 2017
Unethical and Toxic, poorly structured, poorly managed-From the top down. Inconsistent and on the whole, incompetent. Compensation was laughable, less than .30/hr raise yearly. Very little down time due to under staffing and uncooperative coworkers.
Pros
initialy varied, eventually not
Cons
Clientele and management
Stressful
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2018
This company is racist. They characterized black customers all as thieves or people that has made bad choices in life. Hispanics are looked as working people that just got a bad break in life.
Cons
Forces to take a hour lunch
Great place to gain experience in the Technology Industry
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 29, 2017
Since being apart of First Cash there has always been alot of work. Mainly due to under staffing within the Technology department. Personally I dont see this as a problem however, because it gives everyone in the IT department plenty of opportunity to learn new technologies and build great experience. They expect alot of you and you have to be willing to put in the work to benefit from here. But, This place can turn a regular Network Admin into a Network Engineer within 3 years of working here. Simply because its such a huge network with such a small team. Giving the networkers an abundance of awesome work to do and learn from. I would not of left working here if I had a choice in the matter but Family comes first and I had to move away. Good luck to who ever else chooses to work here, Expect alot work but relish in the enjoyment of great experience to help advance your career.
Pros
Great source of Experience and responsibility
Cons
Only downside is the benefits, theirs not much to speak of.
Steady work meeting peoples and great bonus
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I learned how to do lots of reports, how to balance a safe, order cash from bank, make deposits, sell loan and closed back office. A typical day would be collection loan payments, upgrading a loan and closing a loan out. Workplace culture was great. The hardest part was calling to remind customers about their loan, and telling a client they didn't qualify for a large loan or no loan. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and getting to know my customers. We hardly seen up a management because there was a manager at the store.
Pros
bonus
Cons
angrily customers
Best job you could really ask for
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2018
the job is pretty great and simple. hardest part honestly is just dealing with some people who've had really terrible days and feel the need to take it out on you. i loved the job but had to relocate
Pros
commission
Cons
hours
Unprofessional and Managers not fully trained to manage anyone
Customer Service/Collection (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 29, 2017
They were very unorganized. Management talked to the employees very rude by cursing using foul language. I never worked for a company like that before
Pros
random games to hype the employees
Cons
No benefits for employees
Leadership Non-Existent
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 21, 2014
This company is one of the worst companies anyone could ever work for. Upper management lacks leadership & have turned into greed mongers. Nothing matters but making that all mighty dollar with no regard for anyone else. Their attitude is "If you don't like it, there's the door." The benefits are one of the worsts, especially the insurance is one of the worst insurance plans anyone could have. The company uses some special kind of coding to provide the cheapest insurance possible for it's employees. It's not like the company is hurting for money & just recently have started cutting corners to have more money in their pockets. Within the last two years, four key employees who are critical to their daily function, and have been with the company more than 5 years have left their IT Department. That doesn't speak much for the person over the IT Department as a whole.
Pros
Casual environment. maybe too cold.
Cons
Benefits.
Ok for a start job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
For me it was a fun experience, learning about jewelry and seeing all kinds of interesting things and servicing all kinds of people some experiences were not as good but it just made work interesting and never a dull moment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Cash Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight