First Cash
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

First Cash Pay & Benefits reviews

I enjoyed working with the company. they have a lot of benefits as far as everyday life goes. the team was very helpful and we work together.
Pros
learning about all the stuff and helping people
Cons
the hours
Management sucks Seems like new management every other month. Not flexible with schedule.Not organized at allPay was good 14/hr plus commission..
Pros
Great pay fun job
Cons
Not flexible
Working here really teaches you how to sell and buy items like a pro. I learned how to bargain, control myself, and stay calm in tense situations. I had a wonderful team as far as my manager, and DM. It was a great place to work and offers full benefits. I wish the pay would’ve been better as I advanced in the company. But when I was a pawn broker/assistant manager for this company, my check had no limits. I made base pay plus commission and it was great! A real family like atmosphere.
Pros
Commission, great management
Cons
Dealing with sad/upset customers
The business was not too bad to work for despite the pay but the stipulations that they place on sales and pawns in stores is really shocking due to the way customers are taken advantage of. The company has plenty of money to buy a very expensive horse statue to place in their fourier but pays lower than average. The culture is very welcoming and work expectations are pretty low.
I have met lots of people working for Cashland! Good and bad! But I’ve met more good! I’ve had a blast with each and everyone of them! They’re all amazing! If you need anything at all, they’re the first ones making sure you’re good! Nothing at all bad to say about them!!
Nothing good or bad really. Just a different place to work with a lot of exposure to seeing cool things. Gets to be hum-drum after a while though. The bonuses tend to be decent as long as there is a drive from the team and management.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
customers
Your just a number work environment not good took away commission due to covid other pawn shop gave you more money the cut hours and time changed not a good place to work
Cons
This has been the worst company to ever work for. Do not work here unless you plan on being walked on by your higher ups and degraded beyond belief. Never work for them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, terrible management
It stays interesting. Never gets boring. The management has your back always. Money is good and commission is endless. The benefits are decent. But expensive.
Pros
Bonuses. Commission
Cons
Expensive insurance
Worked for Cash America before they got bought out by First Cash. It's an okay company. Pay was terrible, but I've heard that they changed the commission system for the better. No advancement, and you will spend some of your day dealing with angry people who think their stuff is worth more than it is.
Pros
Managers know that customers suck so they will back you up on most issues
Cons
Dealing with terrible people, poor pay, no benefits
There are many locations, not all the same, some better than others. The job is easy the only thing is it’s based on a store performance. Meaning if the store does bad you do t get good commission. There’s little room to grow even though they are always struggling with management in stores. The staff is always friendly to work with at almost every store.
Pros
Holidays Off, Great Benefits
Cons
Management, no room for advance, no pay raise
I liked the store I worked it. The coworkers are great and the work is pretty easy, which is the only thing that makes the job worth it. Very diverse company/Worker friendly great hours and management . Overtime is available if you like to work it and it’s a very clean environment with room to advance.
Pros
easy commission pay
Cons
rude customers
I’ve Been with company for 4 years and started off as part time. Got promoted within second year to assistant manager, then within 8 months to store manager. There is plenty growth with this company and good benefits. Paid major holidays. Good working hours and still enough time to spend with family. Pay is competitive. We are like family here in the district I work for. I love it!
Pros
Store contests. Bonus and Commission
Cons
Healthcare pretty pricey but they have different options.
This company does not care about its employees. They will work you to the bone for bare minimum wages. The management at majority of these locations are very petty so it is not uncommon for your shift to get messed up if you make someone mad. This job is for kids straight out of high school who and need a quick buck for a short term.
Benefits
Cons
Management, wages, holidays
If you are looking to start somewhere, the pawnshop is a great place to pick up new skills and knowledge. Management has been going downhill and their values have seen to be misplaced with greed.
Pros
Commission pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, little advancement opportunity
The job is simple but management makes it a total pain. The insane amount of emails you have to send daily is ridiculous. That's not even the reason i left. when you start to train, you are teamed up with another new hire. the guy they teamed me up with was a total slacker and constant complainer. The first 2 weeks of training he only managed to make it there for 4 of the days totally slowing down my training and setting us back. My concerns about my teammates reliability issues were met with "either way the job needs to get done". so basically if you are looking for a job that lets you call out all the time with no consequence and your just looking to collect a paycheck, this job is for you.
Pros
solid benefits, great hours
Cons
unreliable teammates, nitpicky managers
The commission bonuses and fact that you met someone new everyday was a definite plus. But advancement at this job is sluggish. Also keep in mind that pawn shops take in items of ALL shapes, sizes (weight), and fragility.
Pros
Monthly Commission Bonuses, Paid time off after 6 month probationary period, Location Transfer in & out of state.
Cons
Advancement is completely up to you, No customers=No commission, Some heavy items.
Great place, fun environment. Salary could be higher, but commission checks once a month and great benefits. Good schedule off on Sunday. Not a bad place to work at all, no complaints.
One of the more faster paced pawn shops to work at for sure. Always busy and that’s good for you if your able to earn your keep. Hands on job. Must know or get to know your stuff quickly or you won’t survive.
Pros
Wage and commission
Cons
Unpredictable relocation of brokers/managers
worst company to work for, corporate does not care about employee when first cash took over Cash America it went downhill from getting 10 paid holidays to 3 paid holidays from having two months in vacation to going to two weeks vacation no matter how long you worked their > depending on location where you are hire you will have great management! there are only few great store managers that will train you the correct way.
Pros
great store manager
Cons
no breaks - lunches- hr dept horrible
It's like a high school. Everyone is messy and talks about each other, no matter what store you're at in your area. Your job must be more important than your family in the eyes of the management. HORRIBLE jokingly 10 cent raises. No bonuses. Really nothing to look forward to other than an hourly and some petty commission change. Greedy company overall. This is coming from a manager himself!