First Choice Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Terrible !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 31, 2018
Can't believe this company is still in existence... The worst!! This is the place you don't to try.want work . Don't don't don't go here because you will regret it
Pros
Cons
The entire place
Rediculous Work Enviorment
Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCApril 12, 2018
I would never work for this company again. They require long hours, perfection, but does not pay for the excellence. Expectations set at a standard where they do not offer the available training or resources.
Pros
Cons
expectations set high not attainable, low pay, management poor
Keep looking
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCDecember 17, 2017
This office an extremely high turnover for a medical office. They hire you as a contractor for the first 30 days if you last that long so if you do leave or not pass their credit background check they are not obligated to pay unemployment.

Personally in the hiring process, all background checks, reference checks and such should be done before the first day of work starts. Rather than stop you in the middle of the day and say you have to leave. It is a waste of everyone's time. The amount of paperwork you have to complete is ridiculous. You receive an entire binder of forms to complete.

The computer training consisted of watching a bunch of videos rather than doing any hands on training. The management position I was hired for consisted of overseeing three departments and four locations for practically minimal pay. I have appealed the results from the background company regarding their determination regarding my employment because I have not had issues with my background ever in the past and I've even passed an FBI background clearance check.

I do not recommend this office to anyone looking for an extended job. Everyone in a management roll were recent hires. They have a long list of positions available that they cannot find candidates to fill them. Their dental clinic is closed because they cannot find a dentist to fill the position. That should tell you something. The board of directors are all volunteers and most are patients of the clinic (information from the orientation video). These people are not aware of how a medical facility should be ran, so the CEO spouts
  more... off figures and information and they all just sign off on it. The only reason this place is still open is that they keep getting grant money to pay the salary for the CEO. As long as she stays in control, they will continue to have high turnover. She is the only employee who has remained there for fifteen years. Patients and other medical offices cannot contact them and reach an actual person. Many patients have to drive to the office to resolve any issues. No one will answer the phone and when they do, they leave the caller on hold until the caller hangs up.  less
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Ceo, lack of attention to solving known problems
good place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, NMDecember 15, 2017
it was alright good benefits patents enjoyed the providers. they had lab and dental services. met good people and trained most of them. left because of the travel
Bait and switch
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 20, 2017
They really know how to hire for one position, then quickly switch you to another without the know how or skills to be doing it. I advise anyone who has a license to not fall into this trap. The management could use a conplete overhaul, as they are very condescending and lack professionalism and know how to run a professional doctors office. This is evidenced by the constant turn over and empty parking lot. It's sad to see such a good concept of helping the community go to waste because of the way the CEO runs it. Also, your hard earned training is not reflected in your pay, so keep it moving!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management, benefits, no job security, terrible pay
i liked helping the elderly
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 7, 2016
working with the elderly i enjoyed very much and meeting all kinds of people on my job a great experience and doing something i liked to do which was helping and taking care of the elderly everyday.
Pros
good pay and working with the elderly
Cons
It is a terrible place to work and I would never recommend them to a friend
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCOctober 29, 2016
I worked for First Choice Community Health System for 7 months. While employed with them I saw over 20 people leave. Management and the CEO are poor as far as management. The CEO is the biggest problem with this organization. When I worked there she had no idea on how to discipline someone. She runs the place like a boot camp and a prison. I would never recommend this company as a good place to work. The business has a lot of potential and it is a great thing for the community but in order for this company to thrive they need to replace the CEO and also improve management. The board of directors have no idea on what is going on with this company. The CEO leads them to believe that everything is great but it is the worse place to work.
Mediocre Organization
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angier, NCAugust 20, 2016
Fcchc is a workplace that always needs a turnaround...but why? The organization is always changing. Employees feel the place isn't stable enough. Pay is mediocre. Management is mediocre. When employees speak of change the managerial result is mediocre. This isn't a place for professional who truly care about patients.
Pros
N\a
Cons
Mediocre
**Consider alternatives
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 1, 2016
I overlooked every warning that was given when I started this search. I wish now that I would have taken time to read the reviews of the company beforehand. They ensure you that the company is "developing" or going through "changes" and to be patient. Well the overall idea of providing health care to those that may not be able to afford it is an amazing thing! However, some of the practices at the facilities are not up to par. You will not receive holiday pay, an entrance badge, nor uniform for 90 days (given if you last that long) My pharmacy manager refused to compensate me for mileage. Also there are no guarantee raises with the company. They speak on team work, but I have witnessed them dismissing staff members without any warning or notification of their dismissal. I saw 15+ staff members leave during my 2 months with the company. Everyone there is within their 90 day probation period, and no one has worked there longer than a few months except prescribers, CEO, and a few others. I did have some awesome coworkers. The job was not hard, but the pay was sad and downright insulting. I was let go out of retaliation methods, so beware of speaking up on your rights as an employee or patients' rights. The only good reviews of this company are those submitted by the remaining "few" that I previously had spoken of. Also take time to read customer reviews of the company as well.

The positive side is that you will have a set schedule, no overtime is allowed except under special circumstances, I kept a log of daily activities, observations, and such while there ( I would advise
  more... all others to do the same, it may come in handy ;) ), and you do get holidays off. Just don't expect more than what is presented and you will be "ok" with the employment there, hopefully.  less
Pros
Set schedule, weekends and holidays off (not paid)
Cons
pay, managment, job security
Excellent Organization on Cusp of Turnaround
CEO Management Consulting Firm (Current Employee) –  AdminJune 27, 2016
As a consultant having worked with the First Choice organization for many years, I have seen the organization go through many changes. I have worked with many CEOs, and have seen fewer with the commitment to excellence, integrity, and dedication of the current CEO. The standard is high, but those who aspire to be great will find FCCHC a great place to work and be a part of helping the under-served in the community.

The organization is currently forming a new leadership team, and this is a GREAT time for individuals who are interested in making a measurable impact to step in and help implement the recently-updated strategic plan.

First Choice is an organization with much potential. For those with a desire to work and be excellent and who share the WHO WE ARE core values of the organization, there are needs and opportunities. I highly recommend this organization to those who want to learn, grow, and make a difference in a wide range of different roles.
Pros
Leadership of the CEO, Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a turnaround effort
Cons
Not for those who just want to coast or be mediocre
Everyone working toward the same goal
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCJune 23, 2016
First Choice Community Health Centers shares the same mission and values I possess with regard to my career, as well as my personal life. I believe in treating people with respect, dignity, and compassion. I have excellent relationships with my co-workers and management team alike, because it is the expectation to treat each other as respected members of a team. We learn early that the patient is first. Nothing else matters. When the patient is my priority, I will not, and do not, have the desire to participate in anything other than providing the best patient experience that I can. Knowing my role and my purpose at First Choice makes it easy to find a common connection with my co-workers, supervisors, and managers. We seem to desire the same experience. The relationships I have with others at First Choice make me appreciate my job and those I work for. I can actually say that I enjoy what I do, as well as the people around me. As for management, they have been nothing but accessible to me. I have been encouraged to pursue training and educational opportunities that will improve my skills, so that I can continue to be an asset to this organization. Yes, First Choice Community Health Centers is an excellent place to work. In my opinion, former co-workers are just that, FORMER, because they lose sight of the purpose and vision of First Choice. Or they never had those things in mind in the first place. How long will you stay with the next employer? What happened to loyalty and commitment? I guess they're overshadowed by best friends, selfishness and greed.
Pros
Teachable moments, New opportunities to get it right
Cons
Inability of a few to find contentment in opportunity
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Boone Trail, NCJune 1, 2016
Loved working with the people and patient Its is great place to work. Loved my job. I traveled to different locations and different providers.
Management needs to be more approachable and connected
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCApril 2, 2016
In the time i was there several people quit. There is a problem when a company cant keep staff. I started with an open mind but that rapidly changed when they let me go. They expect you to do a job but do not give you the proper tools to do it with. They tell you you cant have any keys, accesses to logins or anything for 90 days. They will not even pay you holiday pay during that time. You cant even have uniforms. You cant even get to anyone in Admin as they are behind secure doors. God forbid if there was a problem. Very unorganized for a health care facility. Most the time the patients complain of not being able to reach anyone by phone.
Pros
Nice quiet office, gym, great peers
Cons
management, pay, probation time, secrecy
Not your typical doctors' office....😷
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCMarch 15, 2016
Where do I start.... You are left alone to perform the duties of three people. They only employ minimal staff, so there is not anyone to cover you. Rules change according to the provider that you are under. I was taught certain ways to do things in school and gained my credentials but the way I did them here was wrong and I thought that was interesting and comical.. If you work here did not stay long....move on...
Cons
Too many hats for very little pay. Expected to do work left behind with no help.
Enjoyed doing the work and loved my clients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSMarch 13, 2016
I really enjoyed the work that I done and really loved my clients. A typical day I would drive to each residents home and do what is required of me each day. My coworkers was fine had no problems with any of them. My supervisor was a family member and I lost my job because my relative supervisor was upset due to my going to night classes to better myself and try to get my CNA's . So a disagreement was started and I lost my job.
The worst place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCFebruary 7, 2016
This place is very depressing and the lack of professionalism is at a all time high. The CEO walks around screaming and yelling and belittling her staff. The turnover rate is the highest I've ever seen in a corporation.
FCCHC is a great concept and the organization itself is a great resource for the community
CLINICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 21, 2016
However, the CEO is very difficult to work for and has unrealistic expectations of her administrative team. The BOD lack knowledge of how the medical system works and are rigid when change is necessary to improve patient and client satisfaction.
Pros
being a healthcare resource for the local community
Cons
salary very low based on the benchmark salary for MBA/MHA
Top Management Needs Improvement
HR Coordinator/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJuly 13, 2015
Top management needs major adjustments. The concept of leadership and development is lost in the daily work life.

In addition, realistic goals and expectations must be addressed.
Pros
Organizational Goals
Cons
Poor Leadership
Love the patient and working with the providers, but poor management.
Phlebotomist/Clinical assistant (Former Employee) –  Lillington NCJanuary 3, 2015
The turn over rate in employees including management is very poor. Went through 5 different supervisors in a two year period.