First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

RN- Great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
Love working here. Skills are the same as a normal ER for RN's. You use a lot less of them. Patients are typically a lot less acute but you never know what will come through the door. As you are the only nurse, you must know your stuff. You run your own labs, do quality control on them, run the pharmacy as well. No RT so must know what to do in that respect.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible schedule, less fast paced as hospital ER. Good management
Cons
Pay could be better, sometimes lots of downtown (could be a pro)
Would return back
Facility Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXAugust 21, 2018
A typical day at work is checking patients in and out, getting them registered in the system, filing medical records, follow up fax requests, follow up on labs, etc. I learned how to work in different EMS systems. The management was my favorite about this company. The managers will promote their best friends, not the best fit. Also, the teachers pets wont get into trouble for anything, so be prepared to suck up. Workplace culture was good. Everyone is nice, keeps to themselves generally. not overly welcoming but not hostile. The hardest part of the job was being there for 12 hours a day and seeing 10 patients, it makes for a long day of doing nothing. The most enjoyable part was the free food that people and patients will bring in for us, knowing we are there for 12 hours.
Pros
free lunches, cheap healthcare, 12 hour shifts
Cons
short breaks, be prepared to be a suck up
Great job for a college student
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 16, 2018
This position paid more than any other position for a college student. They are 12 hour shifts, and they allow you to work on schoolwork when you are not busy with patients. The nurses and radiology techs make great money and everyone is relaxed.
Pros
lots of free food from outside companies, full time is 3 days/week
Cons
No room for growth unless you have a professional license
Unstable
Facility Administrator/Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXNovember 12, 2018
First Choice is slowly closing its facilities and is not a good place to work if you need a solid, stable job. Great job for nurse clinicians. Very challenging for management positions.
Not enough day hours
CT/Rad Technologist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 6, 2018
First Choice made it difficult to get day hours. You are required to fulfill so many hours at your home location before picking up hours at another location so that you may get some day hours.
Pros
All new equipment
Cons
Required to have LAB experience, as a CT/Rad Technologist
Great place to work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2018
First Choice ER (Adeptus Health) really takes care of its employees. Great pay, benefits and they understand the concept of making time for family. If you work for this company, consider it a blessing.
Pros
Tons of Pros!
Cons
12 hour shifts...but only 3 days per week required and you can pick up more hours if you want
CT lead
CT/ X-Ray/ Laboratory/ ER Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
Great Job. Loved the responsibility. Learned a lot. We went through many ups and downs. I was able to grow and become an Adeptus Instructor. Training new personnel for their new work environment. It was a rewarding job.
We stayed busy and gave excellent patient care.
good job a few years ago.
Payment Poster Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2018
too much favoritism within certain areas. Jobs not posted just given
to others. Micro manages. Management doesn't listen to your ideas or issues. Losing peers left and right.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
Small and close knit team environment that's never the same twice. Relaxed Emergency Room with a friendly group and good benefits. Fresh take on Emergency Room care combined with customer service.
Changes
Patient Advocate/Work Comp (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 27, 2018
They are constantly changing. They outsourced then brought part of the revenue cycle back. I tried to reapply and no one has contacted me. I was laid off so I am eligible for rehire.
Pros
Job was close to home; pay was pretty good.
Cons
Unorganized
First Choice ER
Facility Resource Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 25, 2018
Best Management team. Everyone treated equal and everyone pulls their own weight. Great TEAM! Have worked here 6 years and love everything. Main problem is all advancement is located in Dallas and I don't want to relocate.
Overworked under paid
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston area.February 7, 2018
After working for FC I had enough of Freestanding ERs. I had to do everything while the nurses just looked on. I was basically a nurse and an xray tech all in one. They don't offer to help you out, the work load is overwhelming. There is no night or weekend shift. Being a radiology tech you get audited at the end of the month for every little thing. It was stressful and I don't plan working for this company in the future.
Pros
Cons
Lazy nurses who treat you as their slaves
OVerall a great concept
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 27, 2018
One nurse with one tech and a front office person. Able to do conscierge medicine and really talk with patients. As for management, they are paranoid and think everyone wants their job. NO thank you!!
Pros
Great concept
Cons
Management sucks
Fast paced and productive place to work
PAR/ Insurance Verification (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 22, 2018
First Choice ER was a stepping stone to my transition to the medical field. It's a very stressful, face pace work environment, however I love that about the job. Everyday their is something new.
Pros
Three 12 hr shifts per week
Cons
Working on the weekends
Fun workplace with a slow paced work flow.
Front office specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
I have really enjoyed working here for the past 3 years. I have learned a lot and am thankful for the opportunity to have been part of the First Choice Family.
Moderate
CT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 14, 2018
Company in bankruptcy and closed several facilities. Was ok place to work until company experienced financial difficulties. Decision to close after 4 months.
good patient care
ER CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  txMarch 5, 2018
overall good place to work. Pay appropriate, good team work, well treated. good locations, fair advancement possibilities. new locations good neighborhoods
Pros
patient diversity, quality of care delivered
Facility Administrator/Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 27, 2017
This company gave me the chance to do what I went to nursing school to do. I was able to interact and teach patients about their disease/issue. The staff that I have is actually my family and we all encourage each other to better ourselves.
Pros
Free time for lunch, family environment
Cons
No OT for managers.
The company was a great company to work for.
Patient Access Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 2, 2018
FCER was a great place to work!! It only had 4 employees working at a time and everyone one got along. We were a team and everybody worked together. Hate it ended!!
on average more relaxed
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2018
more relaxed environment most days. Some days can be stressful because of minimal staff members. The staff consist of a physician, a nurse, a tech and a front desk clerk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Emergency Room. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about