First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

No Communication
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXMay 20, 2018
I was hired as a PRN CT/RAD Tech. All was going well and I was glad to work there after a couple of unsuccessful interviews at other locations. I met with the same interviewer and she took offense to me asking questions about the company, therefore, I feel she didn't give me a fair chance. It turns out my initial questions were legit, because the location that hired me, ended up closing down. The FA reassured me that she wanted to include me in her future plans at her new location. I never hear from her again. I picked up a couple of shifts at her new location on my own. I had to turn down a shift because I was already scheduled to work at my full time job. I never heard from that Radiology supervisor again. I picked up a shift at another location that was a bit of a drive for me. I was unable to clock in. They still had me work for about an hour while I tried to clock in. Turns out, my position with First Choice had been terminated, and NO ONE informed me. I was never given a reason as to why, and all of my emails and phones calls remain unanswered to this day. Two other locations acted like they were very interested in hiring me, then suddenly changed their minds. An inside source told me someone called and said not to hire me. I will never step foot in a First Choice ER again. My experience and work ethic are better served elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
No communication
First Choice ER
Facility Resource Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 25, 2018
Best Management team. Everyone treated equal and everyone pulls their own weight. Great TEAM! Have worked here 6 years and love everything. Main problem is all advancement is located in Dallas and I don't want to relocate.
Moderate
CT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 14, 2018
Company in bankruptcy and closed several facilities. Was ok place to work until company experienced financial difficulties. Decision to close after 4 months.
OVerall a great concept
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 27, 2018
One nurse with one tech and a front office person. Able to do conscierge medicine and really talk with patients. As for management, they are paranoid and think everyone wants their job. NO thank you!!
Pros
Great concept
Cons
Management sucks
good patient care
ER CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  txMarch 5, 2018
overall good place to work. Pay appropriate, good team work, well treated. good locations, fair advancement possibilities. new locations good neighborhoods
Pros
patient diversity, quality of care delivered
Fast paced and productive place to work
PAR/ Insurance Verification (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 22, 2018
First Choice ER was a stepping stone to my transition to the medical field. It's a very stressful, face pace work environment, however I love that about the job. Everyday their is something new.
Pros
Three 12 hr shifts per week
Cons
Working on the weekends
Overworked under paid
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston area.February 7, 2018
After working for FC I had enough of Freestanding ERs. I had to do everything while the nurses just looked on. I was basically a nurse and an xray tech all in one. They don't offer to help you out, the work load is overwhelming. There is no night or weekend shift. Being a radiology tech you get audited at the end of the month for every little thing. It was stressful and I don't plan working for this company in the future.
Pros
Cons
Lazy nurses who treat you as their slaves
The company was a great company to work for.
Patient Access Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 2, 2018
FCER was a great place to work!! It only had 4 employees working at a time and everyone one got along. We were a team and everybody worked together. Hate it ended!!
Facility Administrator/Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 27, 2017
This company gave me the chance to do what I went to nursing school to do. I was able to interact and teach patients about their disease/issue. The staff that I have is actually my family and we all encourage each other to better ourselves.
Pros
Free time for lunch, family environment
Cons
No OT for managers.
Fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Made great friend at First Choice and learned a a lot about free standing ER's. I would say it was one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had the pleasure to work at.
Workplace Culture
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Small facility whereas if you work together you'll have a great shift, Work smart and be a team player and you will never want to work for anyone else.
Pros
close to home
Cons
1 nurse on duty
Great Place to Work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 12, 2017
First Choice is very great place to work. they work with whatever schedule restrictions you have and are very good at training you for the job........
The Best and it was Home
Medical Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2017
This was my home i could stay working as many hours i wanted and also overtime was a blessing since I'm a single mother and they provided with daycare. It was relaxing and you get to know the doctors that would call from the facility they were fun.
Was once a great company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, TXAugust 17, 2017
As the legal things happen morale wore off. Managers were leaving and unmotivated. The lack of job security was terrifying and brought out the worst in people.
Not productive few patient and boring .We are helping other hospital to make referrals for them just in case we need urgent transfer
C.T. Tecnologist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 24, 2017
It is different set up as to compare to hospital.You need to learn and run lab and do your iv , vitals, asking history of patient. Allergies and what not as if you're taking over Nurse job already but Nurses can't do our own job like doing portable X-ray and cat scan.
Pros
Not busy
Cons
Unstable
I love my job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJune 27, 2017
very caring staff
Our doctors are always on point and brings a sense of relief to everyone that walks in.
Always smiles when greeted throughout the facilities from the PARS, nurses, Rad techs and Doctors!
100% always clean and neat facilities
100% guaranteed satisfaction!!
I stand by my company.
Pros
The best place to work
Cons
No cons
Best Job
Facility Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
The best, easiest job ever. They take pride in their company and it is shown all the way down the chain. Being able to provide great emergency care to the patients in such an intimate environment is the best part of the job.
Customer Service Excellence
Facility Resource Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 27, 2017
Great company who looks out for the customers and employees. Has some challenges but great communication from team leaders. Family orientated with bottom line results.
Awesome
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXApril 3, 2017
great place to work. Nice, clean facility. friendly staff and decent pay. Great location. No complaints about this management team at all. Everyone is welcoming.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
You work as the sole RN along side the doctor, rad/ct tech & front office personnel in a free standing ER. Since employed here I have learned to run labs, daily POC and monthly QC's.
Pros
Usually able to spend the time required with your patients.
Cons
Can become hectic if all beds are full at your facility beings you are the only nurse on your shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Choice Emergency Room. Our community is ready to answer.