First Choice Emergency Room Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
Small and close knit team environment that's never the same twice. Relaxed Emergency Room with a friendly group and good benefits. Fresh take on Emergency Room care combined with customer service.
CT lead
CT/ X-Ray/ Laboratory/ ER Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
Great Job. Loved the responsibility. Learned a lot. We went through many ups and downs. I was able to grow and become an Adeptus Instructor. Training new personnel for their new work environment. It was a rewarding job.
We stayed busy and gave excellent patient care.
Great job for a college student
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 16, 2018
This position paid more than any other position for a college student. They are 12 hour shifts, and they allow you to work on schoolwork when you are not busy with patients. The nurses and radiology techs make great money and everyone is relaxed.
Pros
lots of free food from outside companies, full time is 3 days/week
Cons
No room for growth unless you have a professional license
Great place to work!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2018
First Choice ER (Adeptus Health) really takes care of its employees. Great pay, benefits and they understand the concept of making time for family. If you work for this company, consider it a blessing.
Pros
Tons of Pros!
Cons
12 hour shifts...but only 3 days per week required and you can pick up more hours if you want
No Communication
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXMay 20, 2018
I was hired as a PRN CT/RAD Tech. All was going well and I was glad to work there after a couple of unsuccessful interviews at other locations. I met with the same interviewer and she took offense to me asking questions about the company, therefore, I feel she didn't give me a fair chance. It turns out my initial questions were legit, because the location that hired me, ended up closing down. The FA reassured me that she wanted to include me in her future plans at her new location. I never hear from her again. I picked up a couple of shifts at her new location on my own. I had to turn down a shift because I was already scheduled to work at my full time job. I never heard from that Radiology supervisor again. I picked up a shift at another location that was a bit of a drive for me. I was unable to clock in. They still had me work for about an hour while I tried to clock in. Turns out, my position with First Choice had been terminated, and NO ONE informed me. I was never given a reason as to why, and all of my emails and phones calls remain unanswered to this day. Two other locations acted like they were very interested in hiring me, then suddenly changed their minds. An inside source told me someone called and said not to hire me. I will never step foot in a First Choice ER again. My experience and work ethic are better served elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
No communication
Changes
Patient Advocate/Work Comp (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 27, 2018
They are constantly changing. They outsourced then brought part of the revenue cycle back. I tried to reapply and no one has contacted me. I was laid off so I am eligible for rehire.
Pros
Job was close to home; pay was pretty good.
Cons
Unorganized
First Choice ER
Facility Resource Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 25, 2018
Best Management team. Everyone treated equal and everyone pulls their own weight. Great TEAM! Have worked here 6 years and love everything. Main problem is all advancement is located in Dallas and I don't want to relocate.
Moderate
CT Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 14, 2018
Company in bankruptcy and closed several facilities. Was ok place to work until company experienced financial difficulties. Decision to close after 4 months.
Fun workplace with a slow paced work flow.
Front office specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2018
I have really enjoyed working here for the past 3 years. I have learned a lot and am thankful for the opportunity to have been part of the First Choice Family.
OVerall a great concept
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 27, 2018
One nurse with one tech and a front office person. Able to do conscierge medicine and really talk with patients. As for management, they are paranoid and think everyone wants their job. NO thank you!!
Pros
Great concept
Cons
Management sucks
good patient care
ER CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  txMarch 5, 2018
overall good place to work. Pay appropriate, good team work, well treated. good locations, fair advancement possibilities. new locations good neighborhoods
Pros
patient diversity, quality of care delivered
Fast paced and productive place to work
PAR/ Insurance Verification (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 22, 2018
First Choice ER was a stepping stone to my transition to the medical field. It's a very stressful, face pace work environment, however I love that about the job. Everyday their is something new.
Pros
Three 12 hr shifts per week
Cons
Working on the weekends
Overworked under paid
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston area.February 7, 2018
After working for FC I had enough of Freestanding ERs. I had to do everything while the nurses just looked on. I was basically a nurse and an xray tech all in one. They don't offer to help you out, the work load is overwhelming. There is no night or weekend shift. Being a radiology tech you get audited at the end of the month for every little thing. It was stressful and I don't plan working for this company in the future.
Pros
Cons
Lazy nurses who treat you as their slaves
The company was a great company to work for.
Patient Access Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXFebruary 2, 2018
FCER was a great place to work!! It only had 4 employees working at a time and everyone one got along. We were a team and everybody worked together. Hate it ended!!
Closed
Audit, Compliance & Negotiation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 26, 2018
All jobs outsourced, advised months in advance. Asked to leave few days before the jobs were to be outsourced, still received severance package. OK place to work
on average more relaxed
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 12, 2018
more relaxed environment most days. Some days can be stressful because of minimal staff members. The staff consist of a physician, a nurse, a tech and a front desk clerk.
Facility Administrator/Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXNovember 27, 2017
This company gave me the chance to do what I went to nursing school to do. I was able to interact and teach patients about their disease/issue. The staff that I have is actually my family and we all encourage each other to better ourselves.
Pros
Free time for lunch, family environment
Cons
No OT for managers.
Fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
Made great friend at First Choice and learned a a lot about free standing ER's. I would say it was one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had the pleasure to work at.
Great
CAT Scan and X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TX 77429October 1, 2017
First Choice is great because of the flexibility of work schedule and great people. There are added responsibilities to their positions as you have to insert IV's, take blood, run labs, urinalysis, etc...
Workplace Culture
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Small facility whereas if you work together you'll have a great shift, Work smart and be a team player and you will never want to work for anyone else.
Pros
close to home
Cons
1 nurse on duty