First Citizens' Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Horrible management, a horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJune 24, 2019
If you are thinking of working for FCFCU and the position you are applying for isn't a senior manager or above position DO NOT APPLY. If it is one then go right ahead you will be treated like royalty and love the place. If not then I would highly suggest you look somewhere else to work. First off all the pay is horrendous. You do not get raises either, hence why they never disclose salary on any job descriptions.. Second of all the managers are horrible. They do not care about you and they only care about their huge bonuses. The company is all sales driven, but if you do hit your goals your payout is pathetic. You technically work for free. If you make a minor mistake you will most likely be written up. The only positive thing I can say is to work there for a few months and get experience and then move to a bank that appreciates their employees.
Pros
Couldn’t think of anything
Cons
Management, pay, raises, harsh working environment
They treat their employees horribly
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJune 18, 2019
Management behave with no morals and treats their employees as people below slaves. Management only wants yes men, people who will agree with them no matter what. No confidence in management.
Poor Leadership
Repossession Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAMay 31, 2019
The rank and file at First Citizens Federal Credit Union was the best part of my employment. The majority of my co-workers were very pleasant and hard working. However, management at FCFCU is clueless to be nice. Absolutely no sense of direction and full of people in positions (management) that really have no business being in these positions. The benefits and work/life balance are the only positive attributes to FCFCU. If you come into FCFCU without prior banking experience you will be lost and there will be nobody there to direct you. If you have prior banking experience and know what your doing, you will manage but will be very disappointed in management.
Benefits
Cons
Not as hyped up as it used to be
Retail (Former Employee) –  FairhavenJanuary 22, 2019
Very unfair company to work for. They expect high quality work but do not pay for the work accordingly. If you go above and beyond, it goes unrecognized, however one tiny human error and it becomes the end of the world and possibly your career. I would not recommend anyone to work here, I never have and I never will. Unless of course you are going to work for Senior Management and up, then you are golden and you will love fcfcu. Other than that, run.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything
Terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MADecember 4, 2018
Do NOT work here. If you bank here close your accounts as well. Management treats employees like trash. Everyone is cut-throat and no one can be trusted. I used to bank with this company and after working for them I closed all my accounts because I do not want my money in a place where employees are treated so poorly, no wonder turn over is so high.
Awful workplace
Lending Processor (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MASeptember 17, 2018
Management team was horrible. Didn’t care about your concerns. Lack of training. Basically you got hired, one day of training was enough then you were left on your own. People refuse to help and answer any questions you had. The pay for the amount of expected work was not enough.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible management, poor training
Unorganized management very nit picky policies aren’t clear training is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAMarch 5, 2018
Since it’s a small organization there’s too many chiefs and not enough Indians, pay was terrible, environment was stressful and performance heavy, upper management was more concerned with private all day meetings and how much money they can make versus employee satisfaction. They don’t care about their customers it’s all business with them
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, tied to your chair have to ask to go to the restroom
Serious Downturn
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Southcoast MANovember 27, 2017
First Citizens used to be a great company to work for. In recent years, they have rearranged their values and employees are no longer treated fairly. Favoritism is a major problem and managers are not held to ethical standards. Nearly every department is understaffed and turnover is very high. Employees are overworked and underpaid. Raises are not given. Stress level in many branches is high and it is noticed by many that the entire culture of the company has changed.
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAOctober 31, 2017
This is a great company. Cutting edge. Very entrepreneurial. Management takes the time ato appreciate employees. A typical work day involves getting in at 8 am, taking 1 hour lunch and leaving at 5 pm. The culture is informative and fun.
Pros
Great feel. Flexible and Fun.
Cons
Not enough personal days.
Awful company morale
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAOctober 12, 2017
This Credit Union use to be a wonderful place to work. Several years ago the management team changed and since then the turnover is constant. The departments are ALWAYS short staffed, customer focus is terrible, therefore complaints are high. The phony management pretends to care, but are more focused on their meetings and lunches then addressing the many many problems within. Do NOT work for this company as you will receive burn out very quickly. There are few rewards, just a toxic environment that management has created
Benefits
Cons
Management-terrible work environment-unhappy employees
Business Development
Sales & Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MASeptember 14, 2017
Responsible for ensuring execution of daily operations
related to branch policy/procedures and annual goals.
Develop personnel by creating a motivating environment with strong
focus on professional development; actively manage performance
via timely reviews, goal setting, candid conversations.
Cultivate relationships with key customer and maintain executive
level of service.
Pros
Led efforts to accelerate bank growth, attract customers, prpfessional network building ties with local community to promote bank services.
Cons
Staffing
Not a happy employee
Teller II (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 16, 2017
A very fast paced environment. A lot expected. More take then given. Deceiving too employees. You bid on a job, but they can make strategic moves and place you at another location.
Pros
offer 401 k and benefits
Cons
no breaks
Nice job
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 14, 2017
The position was a busy banking environment. The clients made the day go by easily. When I started it was very customer oriented and at the end they wanted you to up-sell products more like a bank and wasn't family oriented anymore.
Great Company
Retail (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAJune 7, 2017
First Citizens is a great company! We are very team focused and you are not just a "number" like the big banks! Credit Union pay is on the lower scale compared to the big banks because we are "not for profit" , but there are plenty of oppurtunities for promotions and advancement if you work towards it. We also have company get togethers, pizza parties, and fun groups such as the diversity committee and wellness committCompany ee. We have a career track program that can help the employee get ready for promotion oppurtunities.
Pros
sales incentives, company get-togethers, pizza parties, giveaways
Cons
Health care is pricey but that's standard
Unwelcoming workplace... no policy and procedure everything is word of mouth and nobody knows what they are doing
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  MANovember 2, 2016
Not a good place to work everyone very flighty and in component if you look into questions you have without asking a manager who never knows anyway than your reprimanded. Just not a well managed bank and without ANY written policy and procedures it's hard to even know if you are doing anything within guidelines
positive working environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  HyannisOctober 18, 2016
My typical day at work is normally busy and dealing with customers that has different problems that need immediate attentions. I learn how to deal with members that has a hard way to deal with situations that is not pleasing to them. My co-workers are a team, we all work together and help each other in difficult times. The hardest part of my job is when i dont have the authority or permission to help a member in certain situation and only my manager can. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i am able to help out in situation, i feel like ii serve a purpose.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 18, 2016
Great company to work for, I always enjoyed going to work, Co workers were always friendly and I learned a lot about banking.
Good company
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MASeptember 9, 2016
typical day performing accounting duties, co-workers and management good to work with, most enjoyable was reconciling accounts.
Wonderful place to work
Banking Associate II (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MAAugust 23, 2016
Teller and MSR work. FCFCU is driven by focus on customers, not just on sales. Management is supportive and offer advancement opportunities and coworkers were great in my experience. The CEO is remarkably in touch with branch level operations and the corporate culture is well-tuned to the community. It is a great place to learn about the industry and is rapidly expanding. Volume of work varies greatly depending on location, was never overly difficult but could be exhausting by the end of the day at times. Overall would recommend to anyone in the field.
Pros
Focus on members, benefits, relaxed environment, good hours
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals at certain branches, staffing issues
review
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  boston maSeptember 3, 2015
great summer job. Would not work year round. Not flexible every day I did the same thing over and over. The was no mental stimulation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens' Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6