First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

First Citizens Bank
Customer Service Rep 1 call center (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJanuary 28, 2019
First Citizens Bank is not the place for everyone. They have very strict policies. You don't really get the one on one help when you are on the phone due to the fast pace of the company. If you don't get the help that you need at that time problems come up and you are then released from the company. Just my opinion. You have to decide for yourself, if hired there.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Management not there for you as an employee. Seems one Sided
great place to work.
Data Entry/Q&A Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 2, 2019
I had a total of 3 managers while working there. My 1st and 3rd managers were GREAT!! My 2nd not so great. She was two faced and a control freak who didn't listen. Once she was gone, everything went pretty well there. Work environment wasn't stressful. If there was a problem, it could be addressed and resolved in NO TIME! As long as you came and did what you were paid to do, you had little to worry about. Pay was great. Days off were wonderful as well. I would recommend to others,
Community oriented financial organization who values family and building relationships with their associates and clients.
Financial Services Rep II (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NCDecember 30, 2018
First Citizens Bank is a bank that values its associates and clients. They encourage personal growth for their employees and job advancement from within. First Citizens Bank wants to help their clients achieve their financial goals and live better lives. The work environment is fast paced and ever changing. Associates must be able to multi task every day. Customer service excellence is expected and associates are held to high standards. Benefits packages are great and retirement planning is encouraged.
Pros
Benefits, retirement planning, personal touch in banking/customer service
Cons
Dealing with rude, unreasonable customers.
Enjoyable and great place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 10, 2019
First Citizens was a great place to work. I was a Teller. I had previous teller experience. I balanced my money drawer every day. I loved working with the other people there and also loved getting to know the customers. I had customers that would always get in my line because they said I gave great customer service.
Pros
Helping customers with their financial needs.
Cons
The fear of being robbed.
Seemingly great financial institution with great product offering but horrible training program.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 26, 2018
Although the company has great core beliefs & a wide product offering; their training, adherence to operational security protocols, & lack of updated technology made it very difficult to work in the financial industry. Knowing & working with other institutions that are on track with the above made it incredibly unsettling to work for this institution.
Stressful work environment
Sales and Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed the customers and the duties of the job. But was uncomfortable with the authoritarian management at branch level. I was not empowered to make independent decisions and was subjected to unnecessary stress.
Pros
Good health insurance and 401K match
Cons
Constant bank takeovers and conflicts between current and absorbed employees.
Great team
Banker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37064December 10, 2018
Worked with a great team. Management had its problems. We had two branches in my market and both branched worked really well together, save a few. I ended up leaving to go with a lender that I had a really great working relationship with. I sometimes regret that move.
Pros
Great people and a nice facility to work in.
Cons
Low staffing on a daily basis, made it hard to make a full lunch most days.
What I've learned
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 29, 2018
Working for this employer exposed me to a banking culture much different from my current banking background. This exposure allowed me to see a different piece of the banking puzzle. Various skills were enhanced with various training methods ranging from virtual training coupled with classroom training to follow-up reinforcements. The workplace was more than local branch visits, it expanded across state lines daily. Depending on the circumstance, the Subject Matter Expert (SME) could be one from selected from another state.
Pros
Relocation Opportunities - Multi-state Bank
Loved this place
MORTGAGE COLLECTOR/LOSSS MITIGATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCDecember 27, 2018
I learned a great deal from this business. I worked with great supervisors. My hiring supervisor pushed me to always do better thrive for more. There are always job openings and opportunities avail and the departments change so often, there will always be work
Cons
No gym on site. Cafe was expensive
IT is playing ctach up with the rest of the banking industry.
Command Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 24, 2018
Diverse skills needed in the command center unlike other computer centers. You end up doing other support groups work in order for the other support groups to have Banker's hours.
Pros
Diverse skills learned
Cons
Command Center is the dumping ground for IT's work that nobody wants to do.
Temporary Status
CIP Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2019
Unable to give a fair review due to the fact that I knew that my job was being eliminated once the conversion of the system was in place. During the time that I was employed by them after the acquisition we were given the same benefits that their other employees were which I have to say was very generous.
I was an island.
Sales and Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2019
As a floater, it’s hard to make relationships with customers and the employees. The harder part wasn’t that people constantly challenged me, but that my supervisor didn’t seem to genuinely want to help me. My supervisor was/is very skilled at twisting your words. There were times when I was sure my supervisor was actively looking for ways to fire me or to make me quit. There were a few good people who seemed to really want to help me do as well as possible, but I hardly got to work with those people. I was always sent to where there were known issues with personality clashes. Instead of us working as a team to resolve issues and find a way for us all to work together to meet our goals, I was left out (as always) and made to look like I was just lounging around.
Pros
I genuinely enjoyed my job and helping the clients.
Cons
I felt as if I was walking on eggshells alll the time. The smallest mistake would be WW3 to them.
Enjoyable
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working as a bank teller at First Citizens. It was managed very well and training was thorough. I enjoyed meeting and making friends with our customers. The pace was normally steady with an occasional mad rush. My coworkers were great to work with. The manager was as nice as he could be. The only reason I left was the USPS offered me a job making more money.
Pros
Easy job, good coworkers, decent pay, great managment
Cons
Worst company on the planet!
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2018
The training is absolutely HORRIBLE! Their process is way outdated.Printing out reports and then using a pencil and magic marker to note what was done instead of everything being done on the computer.Supervisor not much of a people person at all.Only communicates when need to and never saying how good of a job you done only communicates the mistakes.They hear what they want to hear and never actually listen to your feedback. I guess the management can" do no wrong" and is always right" regardless?
Pros
Hour lunch, health benefits, pay
Cons
Everything else ESPECIALLY TRAINING!
a good start to a rewarding career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
This is a job that you have to be a quick learner for. There is a lot of situations you will need to handle. There is also room for many advancements. The job you start with can be a catalyst for many other opportunities at bank.
Pros
great people work there, good benefits.
Cons
scheduled breaks, mandatory overtime when changes are being done, such as other bank requisitions
Productive workplace and enjoyed co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2018
I processed loans for retail and commercial, contacted attorney for closing, requested insurance information for loan packages. I answered switchboard, took messages, directed calls to correct personnel, prepared debits and credits, prepared GL tickets. I received customer complaints and did research to get the problem resolved. I also worked on the teller line if one of the tellers were out and no floater to work. That responsibility included cashing checks, taking in deposits, accepting loan payments, balancing window at the end of the day and most of all giving great customer service.
Pros
Enjoying the staff that you work with and the customers
Cons
I lost my position
Service Driven with Integrity
Customer Sales Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCOctober 19, 2018
I reentered the Financial industry after having taken a break for over three years. I was cautiously optimistic upon returning. The last bank I work for was less than desired, and had changed my heart about an industry I so once loved with passion. I was hired by an old colleauge of mine. We had both worked for Wachovia, a service driven bank. She assured me that First Citizens did have reasonable sales goals, but focused mainly on serving the customer, and doing what is best for their financial well being.
First Citizens is a very good company to work for, and having said that there is little employee turnover. This is great for the company, but slow for promotional opportunities due to few people leaving or retiring.
Pros
Insurance Benefits, Retirement, Paid Time Off, Holidays
Cons
Not enough positions available to advance one's career.
Teller Experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed working with customers and helping with their financial needs. I enjoyed building customer relationships that would be long lasting. I also was able to cross train in customer service and assist with opening new accounts as needed.
Pros
Good environment to work in
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work and start your banking career. Team members always supported you.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work I loved everyone and all the customers. Everyone worked as a team to actually achieve goals that corporate provided for us. Usually would have lunch bought for you or we would take turns.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short lunches, slow at timed
Family culture with career training opportunities
IT Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2018
My typical day at work consists of prepping new systems and managing hardware. I really enjoy the people I work with and appreciate the culture of the company.
Pros
Good vacation time, focus on work/life balance
Cons
Lack of management/support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight