First Citizens Bank
59Below average

First Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

United States999 reviews
Each department is different
It depends on your manager and their style of managing. Each department at First Citizens Bank will manage their team differently. There are great managers there with good leadership skills and there are not so great managers. The culture is very old with a "good ole boys" mentality. Some departments base their hiring on how you will fit in with their same way of thinking. Not much diversity there.
Love this company
Family friendly company compassionate about their employees, great benefits plenty of PTO, have been extra caring during covid19 also offer banking for employees
Teller
I feel first citizens bank does not train employees in an effective manner. When I first started, I got sat in an empty room with just me and a computer. I did online courses for 2.5 weeks until I was finished. The courses kept freezing online and also did not teach you everything needed to be successful as a bank teller. For example, there are two different systems used to look the client up, and the other to complete the transaction. The online course never covered how to look someone up and a variety of other things. I passed each course but walked away knowing very little. When I finally got to the front line with my trainer, who spoke very little, the coronavirus had hit so we were all taking drive thru transactions. Anytime I would ask a question, my fellow coworkers made me feel it was an issue. This same action is pushed off to our clients as well. Employees at first citizens bank are very mean/rude to clients, especially if they’re in the drive thru. I’ve worked for a financial institution before but I’ve never been involved with a group of employees being so heartless to fellow members of society. Anyways- I did hands-on training for two weeks without really ever covering any core topics. I got hired as a floater so after those two weeks I went to a branch closer to my home. While I was there, my first day I was told “we’re going to feed you to the wolves here”. Already my anxiety was heightened by those words. That day- we had two tellers on the line (yes that’s it) and I was one of the floaters! We were ungodly busy and the manager and the FSR stayed in their offices, - more...
Its a big bank
Like the title says, its a big bank. You'll be treated as an employee the way big banks treat their employees. That means expendable by the way. And customers will receive treatment in kind as well. You're a number. The customer is a number. And the only number that counts is the one on the balance sheet and the ones viewed by the shareholders.
Customer service sales/marketing
First citizens bank is a good place to work with great benefits and a good working environment. The staff was always helpful and respectful kind and caring.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productivity and Growth
It was a Great place to work. A place where you could learn. Training and advancement was encouraged by management. It was an exciting place to work.
Great Company to work for
First Citizens is a great place to work for. They not only have their customers in their best interest but also their employees. This company has been around over 100 years and is 4th generation family controlled.
Under paid
Under paid for skill set I could bring to table. No room for growth, management not accountable, would rather pass blame than own up to their mistakes
Based in North Carolina
Typical work day consist of heavy phone traffic and communication with clients. Daily report reviewing and calling of clients as needed. Responding to email. Directing calls. Setting appointments. Cold calling prospects. Safeguarding clients transactions and documents. Management very helpful and easy to work with. Culture is a bit dated a lot of updates are needed in order to keep up with the fast pace in California as they are based out of North Carolina. Most difficult part is setting boundaries with clients as so many call for assistance at branch level and many times we have to direct them to proper departments. Overall it's a very nice enjoyable company to work for. Family first and employees needs are taken into consideration.
it a very family orientated company
it is a place you can get involved in. You want to go to work and enjoy your self with the team atmosphere of doing the best job you can. You will be glad to work there.
Pros
Family place
Cons
does not pay as well as others.
A Stable Place
A Stable place to work but little room to excel. Get the money you want to make up front, b/c raises is on a merit bases and it's about 2% a year. That doesn't amount to much especially when you consider the increase in insurance.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Pay, management, little room to grow, backroom employees are ignored
Very ping pong game like
Management turns over constantly and the new manager has a new set of orders and changes your game plan every 6 months. You get no bonus and are not paid in accordance to that.
Does not pay well
It's a point system. If your sick you have to come to work, The pay is horrible for the responsibility of work. Everyone is friendly. The pay is for someone who is in high school.
really great teams help with goal setting
I worked at this bank when its name was bestbank. it was a fun goal oriented work place that put the customers first. The managers were very hands on and helpful
Enjoy Working at FCB
Great place to work! Long time employee that has seen career enhancements over the years. Benefits are great and they support employee continuing education.
Major management issues
I had always felt good about them, until Sr Management let Area Management bully me and get away with it. There is always a target on someone's back. Depletion of employees over the years didn't catch anyone's attention, apparently. Your choice for employment should never be toxic, always believe in yourself.
You will never be good enough.
Let me first say, I am speaking of the branch in Lincolnton NC. The SSR's here are the best to work with. What made my experience here a nightmare was the newly appointed OSS manger. She is so obsessed with making herself stand out, she has zero desire to share positive credit with her co workers. She wanted credit for everything and when it was not acknowledged, she would find a way to bring it up. I was repeatedly brought into the office with her and the branch manager and told "banking isn't for everyone" or I asked too many questions. How can you learn if you don't ask questions. ? The OSS here is not a team player and you can feel that every single day. Throughout my short employment here (5 months), there were so many lies told about me from the OSS. If you take a position here, I highly suggest you keep a personal notebook journal of your own. (and be sure to keep it with you in a purse) or etc..TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU every day) Write down everything you think may be important. Include day, dates, times, who was around. Because I gurantee the OSS here is doing the same about you. I was eventually terminated and this is not me writing this because I'm bitter. I'm writing this because the next person who works here deserves a heads up. Every day the OSS bullied me and this was witnessed by others, But I suppose out of fear of losing their own jobs, they couldnt say anything. Now FCB as a whole, great benefits, great customers and for the most part, great co workers. Getting hired at FCB was a blessing, too bad one woman (the OSS) was a bully and thought of no one but - more...
enjoyed working with my customers
Never a dull day always new customers and experiences to be had. Results oriented company. Most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to place a customer in the right product that helps them go as a person and as a customer.
Banker assistant
Management treats you unfair and shows favoritism. The pay is not worth the headache. Loads of work to do regularly, with little pay. All the loan officers and their management only care about is money money money and they all talk about each other. High turnover rate for the bankers assistance. Everyday is a headache leaving there. Banker thinks they are above everyone and some treat you bad
Great place to work Everyone is concerned about your personl and professional growth
Great place to work if you get to work in the right city or town, Must of the customers there were poor and drew out their money as fast as the state put it in The supervisor was rather moody and not management material She also got a lot pf personal phone calls The manager there was actually to good to be at that location and would best serve the bank in a larger bank with more literate customers
Not a very good place to work
I liked my job until it became all about the numbers and sells. The customer no longer mattered. They let long time employees go so that they could hire college graduates and pay them half the salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight