First Commerce Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Financial Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 28, 2018
Being a FCCU employee is difficiult, especially in the Financial Centers. There is hardly ever a dull moment, which is a good thing because it means there is always something to do, always a sale to make, always a problem to fix. The problem with that, though, is there are normally not enough bodies to tend to the never ending members that come into the centers. There is also a very high turnover rate, which in my opionion, is because we hire too many college students that have no desire to stay with the company or even in the area after graduation. Also, too much money has been spent on bringing in these new individuals in Upper Management that don't really fit the FCCU culture and end up phasing out as well.
Pros
Decent Salaries
Cons
Poorly Staffed Branches
Great Experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 24, 2017
I had a great experience working at this credit union. Prior to working here I had no banking background. I was able to learn the ropes and become who I am today in the financial industry. When I made mistakes I was shown the proper way to complete and correct my tasks. My managers and those training me trusted me and recognized my level of seriousness about my position. If I did not relocate to another city I would still be employed with this company.
Pros
free lunch, raises, advancement, open communication, CEO lunches
Cons
no locations in Orlando
Management needs improvement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2014
Management needs to improvement and too much favoritism.
Co-workers are excellent
Customers are really rude
Short of staff all the time
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Favoritism to certain employees