First Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work
Financial Solutions Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2018
Prior to leadership change in 2016 FCB was a great place to work. Focus was on the customer and management supported you. New leadership made it an awful place to work. No support. Many lost jobs. Leadership was a joke.
First Three Months are Great
Assistant Manager/ Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJune 11, 2018
The first three months working as a financial solutions specialist are great. After that, it is all sales. Pushy, brutal sales even if people don’t need it. And that would be ok, except your review is 70% or so based on your sales goals. Upward mobility is restricted to those willing to push sales no matter what. This company would be great if they re-evaluated their culture and focused on the customer. Compensation is also not too great, other banks will start you higher and have more growth for income.
Ok place to work
TELLER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 11, 2018
Working in the financial sector can offer some opportunities for advancement. A local bank so not extremely busy, or overwhelmed with patrons. Friendly co-workers makes for a decent work environment but management isn't the greatest.
Pros
Banking Hours and Holidays
Cons
Good job, just a little boring
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Robinson, PAJune 8, 2018
Working with First Commonwealth Bank was my first business related job, so it provided good experience however it was easy and a bit boring.The people were all very kind and willing to help as I learned how to do the job which was amazing.
Pros
9-5 hrs
Cons
Short Breaks
Enjoyable getting to know people
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJune 4, 2018
A typical day at work involves doing all the work a teller would typically do: make deposits, withdrawals, cash checks, open and close accounts for customers. It was my first banking job, so I learned everything there is to know about being a teller. The management was very friendly and willing to answer all questions. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed at my location. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers who came into the bank regularly.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Short staffed
I liked it
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 7, 2018
I really liked working for the bank as a teller. I would have liked to have been offered full time but they already had full time people.;
I did not feel I should do "selling" as part time teller but they required it.
Collaborative working environment
Special Assets Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 4, 2018
All employees in many different areas work together to get everything put together. They are willing to see what they can do to help you succeed further and will help let you know were to go if they cannot help. Great people who have been there a long time.
Pros
Nice working environment, Happy employees
Cons
No overtime
Good Place to Work
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAApril 17, 2018
Excellent place to work when I was there. I was provided with the opportunity to advance in my career quickly by simply doing my job and doing it well. I had to prove myself to my manager, and exceed expectations. Once I proved my worth, I was always offered promotions which I went from a part time teller in 2009 to the Branch Manager by 2012. It was a great experience and helped me become the professional I am today with an array of experience ranging from operations, to sales, to business calling, to referrals, to teaching and sharing information to others. Always had the ability to continue my education and skills.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities are great. Nice people within the company.
Cons
Salary is low.
Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Delmont, PAApril 16, 2018
Working for first commonwealth bank is a great the paid holidays off are great along with the vacation days. The selling and competitiveness was stressful especially for what you get paid.
Pros
Great coworkers great work environment
Cons
Sales goals and hourly pay
Incredible Organization
Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 21, 2018
The CEO was the exact epitome of what a leader should be. That then trickled down to all of the other staff, regardless of position. Everyone in the company was encouraged to "Own it!" when making mistakes. You never felt like you were a problem, there are so many opportunities to learn and progress! The company says "It's your time to be first!" and really takes it to heart not only to the community outside the organization, but also the community that is the organization itself! The most enjoyable part of the job was coming into work everyday. Even as a teller, you're respected as much as the CEO himself. It was the most encouraging and empowering corporate culture you could dream of! The hardest part was trying to keep up with the cut-throat sales required of the position, when you're under staffed due to banking moving to a digital world.
Pros
Benefits, respect, management
Cons
Lack of staffing, too much sales pressure.
Ok
Financial Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duncansville, PAMarch 21, 2018
So this was a great place to work till my hiring manager took a steo down because of her health. The DM then put his buddy in charge that had very little experience in management and poor people handling skills. He told me that my opinion didn't matter and to just do my job. He was rude and crude.
Always busy
Senior Specialist II/CSR II (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 14, 2018
Lots to do at this job. We worked with cash letters and balanced several bank accounts. Management left us alone as long as our work was completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Benefits, company picnics, Christmas Ball
Cons
Outdated buildings spread all over town
poor management
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Lebanon, PAMarch 4, 2018
I was tired of working for managers that would ask me what to do. I felt as though I was doing their job for them. They take advantage of you if you let them
High Level Stress
Financial Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAFebruary 1, 2018
Banking Industry is not what it use to be. The high level of Fraud and the economy decline makes it very difficult to meet the sales goals. The culture we live in and work in is not safe. In banking you have another level of threat that make it difficult to perform your job.
Nice Company
Seasonal Teller (Former Employee) –  Homer City, PAJanuary 24, 2018
The position required you to know and understand the workings of the banking institution. I enjoyed the fast-pace that it provided. Everyone at the bank was friendly and helpful.
Good place to work.
Financial Solutions Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2018
I learned alot over the course of my career. I was able to move up to a management position, but it took nearly 15 years. The employees are great and I have had a great working relationship with my coworkers as well as my direct supervisors.
Faced paced environment
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PADecember 14, 2017
Execellent management. Willing to listen to complaints or suggestions. Very helpful in stressful situations. Hours were late and not family friendly.
not fun
TELLER SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2017
this place was miserable - poorly managed and they can never keep tellers! clients are always upset with you this place is more stressful than it should be!
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  White Oak, PASeptember 11, 2017
I worked at the bank part-time assisting customers with their banking needs. The people I worked with were very friendly and helpful. I liked helping customers with their needs.
Average place to work when I was there over a decade ago.
Vice President - Commercial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2017
There was little room for advancement in my personal opinion and I was excited to leave that company and start my own. The transition to my own company was hard but at least I was my own boss.