First Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Great work place
APPLICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 18, 2019
Great place and great environment. Great people to work with. Able to get a bonus each quarter or year depending what department you are in. Good work life balance depending on what department you are in.
Pros
Work life balance, bonuses
Restrictive
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 17, 2019
Extremely poor training. Very restrictive, retentive supervisor. Clients were very nice and I enjoyed working with them. Liked being able to help clients.
Pros
Clients, part time job close to home
Cons
Insecure supervisor.
A great place to learn
Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 23, 2019
The thing I enjoy the most at FCB is no person is out of reach. I have spoken to many Executives and they all wanted to help you Succeed. This could be the last bank to care about their customers.
Pros
Ability to grow and learn.
Cons
Pay
Sales sales sales
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Alexandria, PAJuly 29, 2019
If you’re an avid sales person, this is the job for you. I never liked when products were pushed on me and I felt that that’s all I had to do the entire time working there. I loved the daily routines/transactions aspect. I just absolutely despised selling, especially for the pay.
September 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve, and we wish you well in your future career path.

Drama, Stressful, Unrealistic goals, and very demanding
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 28, 2019
I will never in a million years recommend anyone to work at First Commonwealth Bank. The goals are absurd. All they have are money signs in their eyes and will do anything to make a extra buck. It’s honestly sickening. You are never good enough no matter how hard you try. Also forget about having a life at home.
Pros
Cons
Everything and Everyone

Good not great
Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, PAMay 30, 2019
Good company, excellent bank, difficult job at times. Sales oriented goals not always achievable. Management can at times be difficult and seemingly unattached to the clients in front of the tellers.
Pros
Fulfilling work
Cons
Difficult sales goals, at times poor management
July 18, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you find your job fulfilling. We would like to hear more about your experience—please email careers@fcbanking.com to get in touch with our HR team. Alternatively, you are encouraged to have a conversation with your next level manager.

Loved working here
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Allison Park, PAMay 27, 2019
I only worked here a short period of time before I had to quit to take care of my kids. I loved the little branch I worked at. The training was great too and let you see some areas of a bank you might not usually get to see and gave you a better understanding of how all processes work.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Low pay for tellers, this is why I had to quit because if I had to pay for daycare, I would just be working to pay for daycare
July 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you had a positive work experience in many aspects, particularly in your training, and we wish you well in your future career path.

Pushy sales
Financial Solutions Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Central OhioMay 19, 2019
Sales at all cost! If you don't want to push sales, they want you out and people in your place who will do sales. It doesn't matter that the new people can't serve the people in front of them! They want you to call people to get loans and credit cards.
Pros
Family life balance
Cons
Sales, mandatory call nights
July 18, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We would like to hear more about your experience—please email careers@fcbanking.com to get in touch with our HR team. Alternatively, you are encouraged to have a conversation with your next level manager.

Very Demanding
Financial Solutions Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 19, 2019
FCB can be a great place to work if you are able to cope very well with pressure. There are very high goals that are expected to be reached. The amount of pressure from higher ups can be draining and disheartening.

Loved helping customers
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 18, 2019
I loved to work with our customers to meet their banking needs and wants. Full time benefits were outstanding! Vacation, 401K match at 6%, Holidays off with pay.
Benefits
Cons
Goal criteria
May 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you had a positive work experience and appreciated our benefits package. We wish you well in your future career path.

Great Employees but Nepotism in Hiring
Financial Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2019
This bank is fantastic to work for at the entry level as they truly work to better the lives and finances of their clients and their businesses. The employees are dedicated to the mission of the company and strive to meet the customer's needs. However, First Commonwealth does not do a good job of recognizing or cultivating internal talent. Upper management does not put plans into action to develop employees skills and create viable candidates for managerial positions once they become available and thus, have turned to filling those positions from external sources, or by promoting under-qualified employees who are related to upper level managers.
Pros
day to day work environment is pleasant
Cons
benefits and technology could be better.
May 8, 2019

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate your recognition of our customer service and dedication to improving the financial lives of our clients. We would like to hear more about your experience—please email careers@fcbanking.com to get in touch with our HR team. Alternatively, you are encouraged to have a conversation with your next level manager.

Work life balance
Financial Staff Internal Auditor I (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 9, 2019
There is a good work life balance within the organization. They care about their employees having time with their families. Their compensation could be a littler better.
May 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on work-life balance. Employees like you make us #Proud2bFCB!

Good experience.
Human Resources/Cash Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYMarch 20, 2019
It was good working there. Gained a lot of knowledge. Had the opportunity to work in several different departments to gain insight in the financial industry.
May 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Employees like you make us #Proud2bFCB!

the hardest part of the job
Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 18, 2019
Sales. They were not fully disclosed at the time of job hiring. Management was poor and lacking. Call offs were not taken seriously which left us short staffed.
Cons
sales were very misleading from the interview.

old school
Sr. Trust Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 14, 2019
I did not work there very long. The managers seemed old school. My background was in a more progressive environment big adjustment to this atmosphere.
Pros
free coffe, tea and hot chocolate
Cons
short lunch
May 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We wish you well in your future career path.

Financial Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2019
Fun place to work
We attendant Community events
We donate to a lesd fortunate family at Christmas
We supply two families with Thanksgiving meals
We have a friendly clientele
Pros
Fun
Cons
Healthcare
May 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that you were able to give back to the community and appreciate our culture. We wish you well in your future career path.

Great Place to Work, Fun environment
Application Specialist in Deposit Services (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 24, 2019
Goals are ensure to be met at just about all cost. There is great training and help with every step to make sure you reach the branches goals. The hardest part is sometimes there is a lot of things to get done with so little time.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Seniority with PTO schedule
Productive and a diverse enviroment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 2, 2019
A very supporting management and progressive work culture. An environment conducive to learning and growth. A very diverse work culture and a helpful management.
First Commonwealth Bank
Financial Solutions Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2019
Small community bank that strives to be involved with community activities. Multiple daily responsibilities for branch operations which includes customer interaction and sales.
Sales Culture
Financial Solutions Specialist II (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 26, 2018
They are a very extreme place to work for. You must reach your goals, they are very pushy with sales and they want you asking every single person walking through the door if they want a credit card.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight