First Communities Management Employee Reviews

Totally Jaded
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
First Communities may be an amazing company but my suggestion is to check who the owners are and the regional is for the property.
I love the culture of the company but the particular location I worked not so much. The manager made sure not to take any responsibility for anything. Don't low ball yourself with the pay. You will be responsible for so much while the manager is making a little over double!
Pros
I didn't get to experience it.
Love working for FCM!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2018
I've had a great experience working for First Communities. They are very understanding and offer the right tools to prepare you for your position. Benefits are also GREAT!
First Communities doesn't make anything good/better
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
Through a period of time, you will notice upper-level management/maintenance change to appease the appeal of the landowners. It's a pony show between management and maintenance that tenants can ride on daily as a courtesy for their rent payment. Many disagreements behind closed doors go unresolved with no next level managerial support. This is a company that truly believes that strength is in numbers and that the truth is not a foundation for moral practices in their various levels of operations. If only First Communities knew when to bow out like it should have instead of creating an inhouse group to cover flaws.
Pros
Good work schedule, Social Engagement is achieved, whether it is good or bad.
Cons
Lack of Ethics and adherence to their own rules and regulations.
Horrible company
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2018
The company was in a fee management situation and there was always conflict with company policy and owners. This posed a challenge for the on site team.
Awesome Company to work
Ashford Retreat - Marietta, GA - Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 26, 2018
Perfect company to work for! Benefists are awesome! Work atmosphere too! Conpany give us opportinuty to grow! Training js also a plus. They do offer university online
Structure
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 22, 2018
I love the structure that First Communities offers and benefits. You can typically know how much that you will be getting paid. Schedule vacations and coverage. Willing to let you grow and providing marketing material to grow your business.
Pros
Vendors who are approved easy to get your job done Love Yardi
Cons
Comissions were pretty low for the cost of apartments.
job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
it was a nice place to work. i learned how to interact with VP's and other higher ups bc they always came around. they always had events for team building.
Office Staff
Lead Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Property Manger was Great, she was really fun to work with, the property stayed busy and 8 hours went by fast, phone line stayed busy and traffic heavy
Great
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
I have been working with First Communities for a couple months now and I have no complaints! They have awesome webinar trainings each month for managers and also have classes every employee can tke to help build them as an employee.
Pros
Free Health Insurance
excellent property management company with proven track record.
maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
The work was challenging but not overwhelming. Great coworkers to work with . I learned all about property maintenance and customer service towards tenants
The hardest part of the job was traveling all over the country.
And the compensation/pay wasn't adequate.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a completed thorough job and seeing happy tenants satisfied with your work.
Pros
Education
Cons
salary, travel
Start up
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 3, 2018
Ok start up company... Been with First Communities for 8yrs, never thought I would ever leave but I do not see any growth and I just feel I was way more loyal to the company than I was to myself.
A good place to get experience in Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 27, 2018
I am thankful for the experience of working with First Communities. If you are new to the business First Communities is a great opportunity to learn and advance.
Pros
Great place to start
Cons
Limited growth opportunity for me personally.
Great company, great leaders
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 8, 2018
Never for a moment have I ever felt like a number on a spreadsheet, I have incredible leaders who continue to help me grow and advance in my career. You get out what you put in, so if you are just here to collect a paycheck it's probably not the place for you. Strong work ethic, dedication, drive and loyalty are keys to success. If you show that you want to succeed, they will help you get there.
Culture is fun and inspiring.
Too Many Changes
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2018
First Communities is a Great company you just need to make sure what protfolio you are in. Some are self managed and make to many changeds to the rules and the upper management staff so you never have job secuity, if you do not play by their rules which are not always the correct rules you are out.
Pros
Great Training, Great Benifits
Cons
Too many changes in the profolio upper management
Best company
Community Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
First communities been a great company to work for! When working for first communities you will feel as if you are apart of a family! Great pay and bonus structure!
Helping Others
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Helping people find a place to call home. Working with a team that cares about each other and working together to meet goals. The hardest part of my job is is evicting residents.
Productive workplace
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
The training I received from First Communities was amazing. They constantly strive and stay on the cutting edge of apartment management industry trends and best practices.
Pros
The leadership was passionate and proactive.
Challenging but enjoyable work environment.
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
The property that I was assigned to had several challenging issues which I enjoyed the challenge. The staff that I worked with became like family which made the job and the day enjoyable.

It is always easier to go to work when you enjoy the work environment and the job you do.

My time with First Community was a great experience.
Low pay
Leasing Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 12, 2017
.Company is ok. The pay is not good. There is no bonus structure. They have good benefits. I have learned Yardi. Did deposits, evictions, renewals. and leasing.
The Leasing Industry is a great Starter Career
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Reserve at Twin Oaks in Clarkston, GADecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed every minute of being a leasing agent. This industry is perfect for go-getters who enjoy counting commission! Residents are the nicest most of the time, especially if you treat them the way you would want to be treated by your property managers.
Pros
Discounted rates on apartments
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Communities Management. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about