First Communities Management Employee Reviews

Bad Place to work
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
They do not care about there people unless you are in the in group then you have it made and don't have to do any work. Not a good place to work if you want a future
No room for growth and no training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
Was with the company for years and was forced to quit when I returned from maternity leave or accept lower pay and a different position. Not enough pay for the amount of work that you do. All of the higher ups are buddies so there isn’t room for growth they’ll hire a friend before they promote you!
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No money
lack of advancement
Property Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Lack of advancement.
Lack of senior management direction.
Lack of pay

Diverse work team
Numerous properties
Property living discounts to live onsite
Pros
Rent discount
Cons
Success only for Senior management, lack of concern for employees or growth of for lower staff
Great Company; Loyal Company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2018
It has been a pleasure working for First Communities. I finally found a company that recognizes talent. The culture and the environment is great. Great family company.
Pros
Advancement, Loyalty, and great work environment
Laid back office environment
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Most work days are laid back getting your work done mixed with the normal property management "stuff". Most managers are pretty relaxed, bring in breakfast once a week and is willing to listen to the team on how we can allotter the property and keep numbers up. The workplace is definitely diverse. The hardest part of the job is having to leave after a property has been sold when you have built a strong and loving relationship with your residents. The most enjoyable part would be the residents, some of them.
Pros
The property team
Cons
The money
Totally Jaded
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
First Communities may be an amazing company but my suggestion is to check who the owners are and the regional is for the property.
I love the culture of the company but the particular location I worked not so much. The manager made sure not to take any responsibility for anything. Don't low ball yourself with the pay. You will be responsible for so much while the manager is making a little over double!
Pros
I didn't get to experience it.
a very profressional work place.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
I truly don't remember how the interview went, but I do remember that it there where questions asked on how ( I would go about problem solving and what did I in enjoy most about maintenance) maintenance has been my life for over 37yrs.from building to renovations.
Pros
integrity and the quality of service
Cons
not everyone in the business is fair
Love working for FCM!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2018
I've had a great experience working for First Communities. They are very understanding and offer the right tools to prepare you for your position. Benefits are also GREAT!
First Communities doesn't make anything good/better
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
Through a period of time, you will notice upper-level management/maintenance change to appease the appeal of the landowners. It's a pony show between management and maintenance that tenants can ride on daily as a courtesy for their rent payment. Many disagreements behind closed doors go unresolved with no next level managerial support. This is a company that truly believes that strength is in numbers and that the truth is not a foundation for moral practices in their various levels of operations. If only First Communities knew when to bow out like it should have instead of creating an inhouse group to cover flaws.
Pros
Good work schedule, Social Engagement is achieved, whether it is good or bad.
Cons
Lack of Ethics and adherence to their own rules and regulations.
Horrible company
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2018
The company was in a fee management situation and there was always conflict with company policy and owners. This posed a challenge for the on site team.
Awesome Company to work
Ashford Retreat - Marietta, GA - Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 26, 2018
Perfect company to work for! Benefists are awesome! Work atmosphere too! Conpany give us opportinuty to grow! Training js also a plus. They do offer university online
Structure
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 22, 2018
I love the structure that First Communities offers and benefits. You can typically know how much that you will be getting paid. Schedule vacations and coverage. Willing to let you grow and providing marketing material to grow your business.
Pros
Vendors who are approved easy to get your job done Love Yardi
Cons
Comissions were pretty low for the cost of apartments.
job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
it was a nice place to work. i learned how to interact with VP's and other higher ups bc they always came around. they always had events for team building.
Office Staff
Lead Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Property Manger was Great, she was really fun to work with, the property stayed busy and 8 hours went by fast, phone line stayed busy and traffic heavy
Great
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
I have been working with First Communities for a couple months now and I have no complaints! They have awesome webinar trainings each month for managers and also have classes every employee can tke to help build them as an employee.
Pros
Free Health Insurance
excellent property management company with proven track record.
maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
The work was challenging but not overwhelming. Great coworkers to work with . I learned all about property maintenance and customer service towards tenants
The hardest part of the job was traveling all over the country.
And the compensation/pay wasn't adequate.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a completed thorough job and seeing happy tenants satisfied with your work.
Pros
Education
Cons
salary, travel
Start up
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 3, 2018
Ok start up company... Been with First Communities for 8yrs, never thought I would ever leave but I do not see any growth and I just feel I was way more loyal to the company than I was to myself.
A good place to get experience in Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 27, 2018
I am thankful for the experience of working with First Communities. If you are new to the business First Communities is a great opportunity to learn and advance.
Pros
Great place to start
Cons
Limited growth opportunity for me personally.
Great company, great leaders
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 8, 2018
Never for a moment have I ever felt like a number on a spreadsheet, I have incredible leaders who continue to help me grow and advance in my career. You get out what you put in, so if you are just here to collect a paycheck it's probably not the place for you. Strong work ethic, dedication, drive and loyalty are keys to success. If you show that you want to succeed, they will help you get there.
Culture is fun and inspiring.
Too Many Changes
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2018
First Communities is a Great company you just need to make sure what protfolio you are in. Some are self managed and make to many changeds to the rules and the upper management staff so you never have job secuity, if you do not play by their rules which are not always the correct rules you are out.
Pros
Great Training, Great Benifits
Cons
Too many changes in the profolio upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Communities Management. Our community is ready to answer.