First Communities Management Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Structure
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 22, 2018
I love the structure that First Communities offers and benefits. You can typically know how much that you will be getting paid. Schedule vacations and coverage. Willing to let you grow and providing marketing material to grow your business.
Pros
Vendors who are approved easy to get your job done Love Yardi
Cons
Comissions were pretty low for the cost of apartments.
job
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
it was a nice place to work. i learned how to interact with VP's and other higher ups bc they always came around. they always had events for team building.
Office Staff
Lead Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
Property Manger was Great, she was really fun to work with, the property stayed busy and 8 hours went by fast, phone line stayed busy and traffic heavy
excellent property management company with proven track record.
maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
The work was challenging but not overwhelming. Great coworkers to work with . I learned all about property maintenance and customer service towards tenants
The hardest part of the job was traveling all over the country.
And the compensation/pay wasn't adequate.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a completed thorough job and seeing happy tenants satisfied with your work.
Pros
Education
Cons
salary, travel
Start up
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 3, 2018
Ok start up company... Been with First Communities for 8yrs, never thought I would ever leave but I do not see any growth and I just feel I was way more loyal to the company than I was to myself.
A good place to get experience in Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 27, 2018
I am thankful for the experience of working with First Communities. If you are new to the business First Communities is a great opportunity to learn and advance.
Pros
Great place to start
Cons
Limited growth opportunity for me personally.
Great company, great leaders
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 8, 2018
Never for a moment have I ever felt like a number on a spreadsheet, I have incredible leaders who continue to help me grow and advance in my career. You get out what you put in, so if you are just here to collect a paycheck it's probably not the place for you. Strong work ethic, dedication, drive and loyalty are keys to success. If you show that you want to succeed, they will help you get there.
Culture is fun and inspiring.
Too Many Changes
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2018
First Communities is a Great company you just need to make sure what protfolio you are in. Some are self managed and make to many changeds to the rules and the upper management staff so you never have job secuity, if you do not play by their rules which are not always the correct rules you are out.
Pros
Great Training, Great Benifits
Cons
Too many changes in the profolio upper management
Best company
Community Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
First communities been a great company to work for! When working for first communities you will feel as if you are apart of a family! Great pay and bonus structure!
Helping Others
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Helping people find a place to call home. Working with a team that cares about each other and working together to meet goals. The hardest part of my job is is evicting residents.
Productive workplace
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2018
The training I received from First Communities was amazing. They constantly strive and stay on the cutting edge of apartment management industry trends and best practices.
Pros
The leadership was passionate and proactive.
Challenging but enjoyable work environment.
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
The property that I was assigned to had several challenging issues which I enjoyed the challenge. The staff that I worked with became like family which made the job and the day enjoyable.

It is always easier to go to work when you enjoy the work environment and the job you do.

My time with First Community was a great experience.
Low pay
Leasing Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 12, 2017
.Company is ok. The pay is not good. There is no bonus structure. They have good benefits. I have learned Yardi. Did deposits, evictions, renewals. and leasing.
The Leasing Industry is a great Starter Career
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Reserve at Twin Oaks in Clarkston, GADecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed every minute of being a leasing agent. This industry is perfect for go-getters who enjoy counting commission! Residents are the nicest most of the time, especially if you treat them the way you would want to be treated by your property managers.
Pros
Discounted rates on apartments
Cons
Poor management
Solid and Growing Company to work for
Senior Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2017
Busy and challenging days. Lots of opportunities to grow in your market knowledge and abilities in the multi-family industry. Don't wait to long to ask for opportunities to be considered for promotions. If you (and the executive team) get comfortable with the current role you are in you wont be asked to move up.

Drink the Koolaid.....buy in!
It will help you be seen and be considered for job growth. The direction that this company is going is positive and all joining now will have tons of opportunities if they roll up their sleeves and get busy.
Pros
Infra Structure is solid and the history of the company speaks well for them.
Cons
Pay schedule is not always what the industry pays for great talent.
Great company with advancement opportunites
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2017
First Communities has a lot of great properties and opportunities for career advancement and growth. The training and support system FCM provided helped guide me through my career in property management.
Sorry from the top, lie to employees etc.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2017
Incompetent management from the top. Expect more than possible. Fire for no reason without cause. Bleed owners and property dry for personal benefit. Just plain no good.
Cons
Unqualified management from property up to regional
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 20, 2017
Empty promises, no qualified management, poor working conditions, no career advancement, pay is below standard. Constant micro management and negative work environment. It's a high school atmosphere with property managers who could not run a lemonade stand.
Pros
Cons
See review
Great people, ok benefits
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
Learned a lot from cooworkers and residents and, I am thankful for that. Met great people.
Lots of training, work place was good, enjoyed helping people find new homes.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unequal pay
All smiles and hugs when you start
Supervisor of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2017
Poor management on the property manager level and regional level. Maintenance can never do anything right or fast enough , according to these so called managers. Very immature individuals put in these positions, almost a high school level of hierarchy. Maintenance supervisors are disregarded no matter how good their experience and work ethic may be. Empty promises and backstabbing is the norm. Very sad that they choose to put such childish individuals in very important and influential positions. They struggle with turnover from their own actions, not the quality of the employees. It was truly embarrassing at times to work for such inept individuals. Absolutely sinking their own ship by running off all the qualified, hard working Maintenance workers. Do yourself a favor and work somewhere else. First Communities is a joke, not a professional environment.
Pros
Decent healthcare
Cons
Childish, unprofessional, unqualified property and district managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Communities Management. Our community is ready to answer.