First Community Bank Employee Reviews

Micro managed by everyone
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIJune 25, 2019
Some locations have really loud machines, like the transport tubes and ATM and your ears end up ringing after working there.
The pay scale is very low considering the amount of cash you are accountable for in each branch.
The Human Resource manager is a nightmare, she is very controlling and sometimes very rude. I've never met an HR person who has a horrible personality until I met her.
Nice place to work if you know the right people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJune 3, 2019
If you know the right people, and make absolutely NO mistakes, you have no problems. The place sucked, they are not an equal opportunity employer. They don’t try to understand if you have a (almost crippling mental) illness. It’s a very sad and depressing place to be.
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
Employees
It’s such a Great place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, MTMay 24, 2019
Everything was great here! The people were so helpful and supportive. It’s definitely a teamwork driven place! I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in banking!
If you're a man it’s not so bad!
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAMay 11, 2019
If you’re a man it’s not a bad place to work. The starting pay is good but if you’re a woman don’t expect good raises. Also, the health insurance was $541 per month for myself and my husband!
Pros
I gained a lot of knowledge about
This is a very toxic work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARApril 24, 2019
Working for this bank, you will learn that if you don't know someone, they don't care about you. You will learn that they don't care about their tellers, and that the management is horrible
Pros
Cons
stomach ulcers, bullying, manipulation, lying, depression, etc.
Great starter job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Holden Beach, NCApril 15, 2019
This job taught me a lot about financial responsibility. It also helped me learn how to connect with my customers face to face and earn their trust when on sales calls. Typically I would handle money and run the teller line. I was also welcomed on sales calls to try and obtain new clients in the area which I am native to. I really enjoyed getting out in the community but the pay was not enough.
Pros
relationship building
Cons
pay was low
Great locally owned banks locally owned bank great management team
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 8, 2019
It's a great place to work time really goes by fast when you're having fun.. management is very flexible with your schedule. They have a great employee benefit package including a retirement 401k health insurance that includes vision and dental. Two weeks paid vacation plus you're sick days
Benefits
Cons
Health care for your family is expensive
It’ll be as good an experience as you make it to be.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Xenia, ILMarch 28, 2019
There’s always something to do, but not in a bad. It’s a smaller bank so customers appear more and less frequently based on season and holidays. It’s a good place to work to build more experience.
Don't Even Think That It is The Best Place to Work
Branch Manager - AVP (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 21, 2019
First Community Bank would tout that they were the best bank to work for in Sonoma County in their advertisements for employment. NOT! I was hired on as a manager for an in-store de novo branch in Milpitas inside Safeway on Calaveras Blvd. It all seemed fine until no one heard of First Community Bank. Moreover, whoever the jackwad was who did the demographic study, screwed up. It was stated by my manager that there are more millionaires in Milpitas than Marin County. What an idiot.

It was a hard sell, at First Community Bank, particularly since there was no competitive advantage. No marketing, no advertising budget and it was an uphill battle. Meantime, many miles closer to hq in Santa Rosa, the branch in Marin county has a money market rate much higher than any bank around. So, I ask my manager, "where is our promo rate for the money market?" "It will happen later" was the response. Three months, six months, nine months later, NO PROMO RATE!

Okay, so by this time the writing is on the wall. It's a total bank failure and for me it's hasta la bye-bye. Next time, do a better job at your demographic study.

So, now it's called Poppy Bank. What are they smoking, heroin?
Cons
Poor management
Very productive and responsive management team
VP, Director of Training (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 18, 2019
A typical day included team recognition and appreciation. The executive team knew each team member by name. Great Diversity and Inclusion Lens. Leadership lead the way and made it easy to follow. Cukture was wonderful and uplifting.
Productive and fun place
Vault/ATM Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2019
Good Company to work for
Very productive and fast-paced.
Friendly environment
A fun work place
We get involved in the Community
We usually feed two families for Thanksgiving
We also select one family for Christmas and we donate winter coats and shoes
Pros
N/a
Cons
Healthcare
Great company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 13, 2019
First community bank was a good company to work for while I was going through college. They had flexible hours and worked with my school schedule to fit me in.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Company no longer exists
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 27, 2019
Banking is a challenging career but very enjoyable. It has a great schedule. Take the chance it is a great job. You will not find something that you like more.
Sales oriented in a close team network
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAFebruary 13, 2019
First Community Bank focusses more on team efforts rather than individual efforts. The top management really cares about employee satisfaction. When a problem arises they immediately try to resolve the issue for both customers and employees. The pay is fair and the benefits are wonderful. They have quarterly customer appreciation days.
Pros
Open Environment, Great Training, Amazing benefits
Cons
Headquarters located In Bluefield, Virginia
is a fun place to work
Bilingual New Account/CSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 23, 2019
Is a nice place to work. Is very slow pace. The people are friendly and is like a big family. The main manager is very caring and helpful. I enjoy working in this bank.
Pros
Is a great place to work.
Cons
The salaries are low.
daily work
Force Place Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2019
busy from beginning to end. there is no time for talking a lot of work is required from all employees. Constantly busy. The bank is constantly trying to meet the needs of the customer.
Work Days
Supervisor/Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2019
A typical work day was pretty steady you had days that were busy and slow times. I learned and was continue implementing my management skills by running the branch while manager was out assisted customers with needs and questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers out with there financial needs. Seeing the customer walk away happy was a good feeling for me as I know that I did help them.
Productive and Relaxed workplace
Floating Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 14, 2019
It is a great company to work for and everyone there are team players. They will work with you on your hours and the training they provide is excellent. It is a fun work environment and I loved helping all the customers and going out of my way to have them leave happy. They supply wonderful heal insurance and kept us on top of numbers that the company would produce. We always received breaks and an hour lunch. The HR manager was always available to listen to questions that we may have had.
NETWORK ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, VADecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work (Corporate Center) is a very involved experience.
I have learned so much in my position with very good teachers.
The management is attentive to needs and has an open door policy.
The culture is constantly evolving.
The hardest part of the job is trying to adjust if you arent used to working as a group.
The most enjoyable part is the benefits and how they are a "family first" company.
Meet the Expectation of the Company rules
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Industrial Area, Nairobi.November 26, 2018
I was working closely with staff giving me procedures and assignments to perform within the specified time and ensuring me a daily growth punctuality.
Pros
Good working time condition
Cons
Repetitive routine assisgnments