First Community Credit Union Houston

First Community Credit Union Houston Employee Reviews

Company promotes the millions they are making and pay their hard working employees poorly, the turnover rate right now is terrible.
Confidential (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be helping members with their everyday financial needs. Working at financial instution is basically the same thing just different products, but what defines a company is how the company treats you as an employee. FCCU's motto is to always let the member be right and to never stick up for yourself and that upsets me. I personally am very sympathetic and Would genuinely apologize if there was an error of sort and would get it fixed right away and that member is happy and on their way. But, then there's the members that come in and everyone knows that they need to be absolutely on their best behavior because we don't know what could happen next with that member, yet I have never seen a forced closed account because the employees felt harrassed. We just have to be humiliated and smile and act like it's okay to be degraded and belittled in front of other member/employees. I believe in great customer service but it all starts with the employee and they need to feel like when they have a concern it is important as well. The better you treat your employee and the more acknowledgement that you give them the harder they try, they feel valued and thus value their job way more and then their performance goes up! From what I experienced I never felt of value from the workforce, I heard it all the time from the members that would walk in but never saw much of a raise. For a reward FCCU always does like a pot luck or will take everyone out to eat for an accomplishment but I personally work hard to make more money. I never felt that the pay was what I was worth,  more... I stated it and nothing was done. I worked up to different positions and expanded my knowledge and my paycheck did not show.  less
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Sick time couldn't be used
Good overall company
TX-Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2017
First Community gave me several opportunites for advancement. First Community is a strong company to work for. They have many branches around Houston.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Office Politics
Productive and Fast Pace
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficeSeptember 8, 2014
Great company to work for.
Daily use of Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Contract
Productive day dealing with auto loans and cross selling products.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
Establishing new client relationships and uncovering suitable financial solutions to fit the needs of the individual. Offered guidance in consumer lending options, retirement vehicles, and served as a financial sounding board to new and existing clients.
Pros
Great monthly insentive.
Cons
Healthcare
Great Team Work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2014
Everyone in the Real Estate Department works together to get the job done. Managers do not micro manage as long as you do your job. Company has a 10 day closing offer to Members so files come in as a rush which gets stressful. Underwriters are available at all times to help and answer questions. Great Company to work for.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Lots of Rush files
Horrible atmosphere, discrimination and nepotism
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2014
One good item is the 401K plan. But management micro manages and expects you to have nothing in your life but the job. No appreciation. You can't advance unless you know someone or related to an executive. Micro management and secretive. No interaction between upper management and staff.
Pros
401K
Cons
Everything Else
Family oriented company
Assistant Vice President, Asset Recovery (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Great company to work for that allows you to work independently with out being micromanaged.
great people horrible job
a nobody (Former Employee) –  txApril 18, 2014
unless you know someone who is higher up, there is no way you will ever move up! The CEO is a joke, and the EVP thinks we dont have a life outside of work. They have great 401k progrram though!
Pros
excellent 401k
Cons
horrible management
Micro management at it's FINEST
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
Typical consist of processing members transactions. I enjoyed working with my co workers and the members were great. However, when it comes to management, they're are joke! The supervisor has a seating chart (who does that in corporate America) and speaks to you in a condescending tone. My advise to management...Send supervisors to sensitivity training.
Pros
Excellent 401k
Cons
Micro management
Productive and enjoyable help members to meet there needs.
Teller / Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is fun and great place to work. My coworkers and members are making my day and everyday.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 13, 2013
A typical day at work starts at 9:00AM and ends at 5:00PM- Like the title of the review- I am in member services. We take care of members questions with their accounts, place stop payments, issue debit, credit, place fraud alerts, open new accounts and many other things that arise working in a banking institution. I enjoy my position and get along with all team members. The hardest part of the job and my greatest achievement is taking care of each and every single member as I would want someone to treat me when I go an use their services.
Pros
Benefits package, close to home
Cons
No over time, no room for improvement.
Chance to grow within company at many levels
Retail Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2013
Overall great company. Great advancement opportunities. management is great.
Exhausting work with very little appreciation.
LENDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2013
Very stressful work. I leave with a headache almost everyday.
Pros
401k matching is very high.
Cons
Required to work almost every Saturday, Management is rude and lazy, Special privileges and promotions given to family members and friends, Lots of gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Community Credit Union Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8