First Community Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great company culture with a productive work environment.
eLoan Processor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2019
From my experience, it's been a good place to work. Every work day is spent trying to grow the Credit Union in achieving it's goals. By no means is that ever overbearing. It results in very productive workdays. It's a company effort where everyone is on board. The company culture is healthy, which results in better productivity. The management, for me, has always been experienced and personable. It's a place that has molded me well as an employee and will carry over well to other places of employment. The only downside for me is the lack of advancement opportunities. That doesn't necessarily reflect on the company itself. I attribute that to the industry. It's there, but it's limited and singular.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Advancement opportunities aren't very dynamic.
Cool place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMarch 9, 2019
Pretty nice place to work, in-store locations are quite different than that of individual branches which have a much more relaxed and controlled environment.
Pros
Decent pay and professional environment.
Cons
Schedule flexibility is limited at in-store locations as the staff is smaller in numbers.
Enjoyable postion
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, ND 58503February 19, 2019
I very much enjoyed working for First Community Credit Union in Bismarck, ND as a Member Service Representative. The atmosphere was good as was the location.
Benefits
Cons
lower wage
Loved this company
Financial Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2019
I wish I would have never left this job. I had a great team. Awesome working hours and room for advancement. The insurance premiums are expensive to add family but company does pay 100% of employees premium for health. They do not rehire once you leave or else I would go back.
Supportive and Warm Work Environment
Documentation Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 28, 2019
First Community is a company of supportive supervisors and friendly, helpful coworkers. Intern's tasks were manageable, and a helpful indicator of what work in a large-scale financial institution.
Loved the knowledge gained from working at FCCU.
Overdraft Privilege Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
My most productive employment in my adult career. Great place to learn about banking and service. I would recommend new job seekers to start here at First Community Credit Union.
Pay might start low, but benefits make up for it.
Financial Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 13, 2019
While starting salaries can be low (although it should be noted that tellers at every financial institution are paid poorly), the benefits are amazing. Employees pay nothing for health insurance, FCCU pays for life insurance equal to one year’s salary, and provides a 401(k) with a 5% match AND a pension. Not either/or; a self-directed 401(k) with a match, and a completely funded pension plan. The senior management team takes care of employees, and knows a committed and loyal staff will benefit the credit union immensely.
fast paced
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Very fast paced environment with little to no breaks. Hardest part of the job was being understaffed and having to work past your break time. The other tellers is what made the environment be more easy going.
Fun place to work
Mortgage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Receptionist, mortgage clerk, pull credit reports, do escrow accounts, take applications over the phone, close on loans, answer phones, filing other duties
Pros
Cons
Allways
Fantastic work environment
Financial Service Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MODecember 16, 2018
First Community is a wonderful company that really stands behind their mission statements. First Community's primary goal is to make their members financial lives easier and they follow that everyday. They give you and the managers in each branch the ability to make their own decisions for each member and so everything in their power to do the right thing for the member every time.
Focused on the Member
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 9, 2018
FCCU is very focused on their members, or as a bank would put it, their customers. This builds a great atmosphere in my opinion and I enjoy working there.
Pros
Great employee atmosphere
Cons
Slow to promote outside of HQ
Computers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield MoSeptember 16, 2018
When you asked for something from your manager and they ignore it and then end up firing you. A lot of favoritism between workers and managers. When asked a question the managers look at you like you are stupid
Pros
Penison
Cons
Managers
A company that does not care about employees.
FSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
This company only cares about their bottom line and how much profit they can make. No matter how hard you work, you will never get a decent raise and incentives will only go down. Management rewards themselves with loads of perks, while at the same time they have stripped most hourly employees of all incentive pay and any perks that once existed. Cost of benefits has also gone up exponentially year after year.
Cons
Cost of benefits, salary, attitude of HR and management towards employees
A good place to work
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 13, 2018
Over all pretty laid back job once you get the hang of things . You have a sales goal that you have to reach each month but it is pretty manageable. I would say this is a good place to work part time.
Would be a good place to work if you have the right mnager
Human Resource Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77095June 1, 2018
A typical day at work would be arriving at 8:15 and start reviewing resumes that came in the night before on UltiPro and make decision to decline or do a phone interview with the applicant. Based on the phone interview, I would schedule an interview to meet the applicant. If the applicant meets our criteria, I would test the applicant. If they passed the assessment, I would then schedule an interview with mangers. Once a decision is made to hire the applicant I would start the references. If references come back satisfactory I would then make an offer to the applicant. Once the offer is accepted I would then start the background check and schedule the drug test. Once everything is complete I would complete the hiring in Ulti-Pro.
I had no experience with the banking industry when I was hired so I had a learning curve but overall I did enjoy the industry.
The management in HR was difficult to work with. The department is micro-manged and sometimes the managers were not on the same page which made it difficult to do your job.
The company culture overall has a lot of clicks.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with micro-mangers. They never trusted anyone to do there job without constant follow-up.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people everyday and working with Department managers and Branch managers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Must like to be micro-managed
productive
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 10, 2018
I learned alot of cross items such as how to process loans, supervising other tellers opening and closing the branch. maintaining
deposits and vault. working closely with management. Again we all worked very well with each other,very tight knit group.
Pros
lunch hours together
Cons
nothing
Great Place to work!
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 31, 2018
Honorable company! You feel pride in the products you provide to the customers. Great benefits and a lower cost than most other comparable companies.
Worst banking company
Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Do not work here. They limit educated, qualified applicants to the lowest positions, offer no benefits, do not encourage or promote its staff, and only care about profits.
Pros
Cons
Everybody at FCCU
Fccu
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
My experience at this credit union was one I hope I won't experience anywhere else, although I got along with everyone there, I won't ever forget how rude of a teller manager I had, she would always pick on me, very hard to work with.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
bad co-workers
Good place to work right out of college
E-Commerce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Good place to work right out of college. Did not take work home with me. Good experience for a first job and loved the mangers and peers. Not much room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Community Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.