First Data Employee Reviews

Found 2,455 reviews matching the search See all 2,750 reviews
Churn and burn
Sr. Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marietta GANovember 17, 2018
No advancement. Not empowered to make decisions. Management cares little for employees. Departments don’t work with each other. Very little development or chance for promotion.
Very quiet environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 16, 2018
First data company has a very quiet work environment. learned to manage projects and be up to speed.
Most enjoyable part of the job was that you get to take 1 day at a time.
Revolving door in upper management
BuyerII/ Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2018
Revolving door in upper management led to inconsistent policies and high turnover in employees. Warped sense of "ownership" led to finger pointing, distrust, and "buss driving"..
Diverse place to work with great pay.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 16, 2018
Very stressful place to work. If you walk in there healthy you will leave with health problems. Upper management are great at telling lies. You are just a number. They promote some within but it’s all in who you know: The pay is great for the area. Benefits are expensive. Loyalty means nothing to them. They lay off so many people with knowledge and once they suck all information from you and get the dirty work done it’s goodbye. Basically, you get screwed. All races, religions, sexual preference and veterans are welcome and accepted. They love to look good on paper.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Just a number. Lay offs
Understaffed
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2018
Much of First Data's core credit card processing system is antiquated and labor intensive to make client requested customization improvements. Additionally, First Data struggles to be innovative and invests far to little in R&D. With faster payments coming First Data's nightly batch processing and settlement procedures will be burdensome.
Pros
Good pay for Omaha Nebraska
Cons
Understaffed and below average benefits
Great and intelligent people to work with in a striving Fintech industry.
Senior Application Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 16, 2018
Great and intelligent people to work with in a striving Fintech industry. Enjoyed the atmosphere, technology. The compensation was average. My commute was terrible.
Great people to work with, questionable upper management.
Senior Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2018
Upper management too disconnected from the trenches. Overwhelming do more with less culture under our newest management.
Peers are a great bunch to work with!
A great place to be
Mainframe Tester (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2018
Highly recommend First Data in Omaha, it's a growing city, and they have great talent. People with any level of expertise in the IT world will do well at First Data.
Good Place To Work
Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2018
Working At First Data I learned a lot about how credit card companies work. I analysed credit and debit card disputes. I didn't mind the job, it just was a lot of work and I felt over worked for the amount of pay. I had mandatory overtime constantly. I cannot remember a time when I didn't have a normal 40 hour week. I was only supposed to have 200 cases, but when I left, I was pregnant and had 600 cases or so. I was very good at what I did, therefore I was given more cases, and that was frustrating. I have a good attitude so I didn't complain,and perhaps that was my fault. There were simply not enough people working to get the cases done. I felt it would make more sense to hire more people. Instead, there were lay-offs. This was very stressful and scary. I enjoyed the job because I got to solve problems and help people get their money back. The hardest part of the job was trying to call people back, there simply wasn't enough time to call people, I had too many cases. I think I would go back to a job like this if I could be promised to work only 200 cases, which is what I was told in training. However, there is no way they could promise me that. And that's why I chose not to come back after having my first baby. The stress of the job was too much to continue and I decided it would be best to chose a job that would be more enjoyable to have a happy and healthy life.
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
work load, management
Productive and fun work environment
Call Center Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2018
Good company to work for. Work place culture and people work were a lot of fun. Management was easy to work with and provided guidance. I learned how to be a strong leader, valuable time management skills.

Want to know more about First Data?

Ask a question
A mutually respected and fun place to work.
Senior Government Solution Rep (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at work was challenging and fulfilling. You are constantly learning and applying established procedures to solve customers' problems. Workplace culture is infectious, and enriching. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Management made all the difference.
Pros
A good and professional place to work.
Cons
A culturally diverse work place.
toxic avoid like the plauge
slave (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
very toxic environment. do not feel welcome at all as a new employee. they expect you to perform perfect day one! hr does not know a thing about the job.
its ok
Sr. Technical Account Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
its ok. work life balance is important. schedule is typical 9-6 with options to wok from home in most positions. workplace culture is typical of corporate environment.
numbers
Knowledggeable of basic operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
every morning i set up my machine for a new statement they about 50 to 40 found i take them n pick them up set it on the floor . but as i work there many yrs my eyes is not very good was it was so there's some day i think i split my job wrong is not like i intend to i dint reilise that my eyes are getting bad that im seeing number wrong but all in all i work many yrs n love it .
First Data Own It Culture
Implementation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
First Data called employees "Owner Associates," which led to buy in that I was contributing daily to the company's bottom line and had ownership responsibilities. At times, long hours were required in order to deliver projects on time. My direct manager was the best boss I've ever had. I had freedom to do my job as well as support for difficult situations as they arose.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Threat of Lay Offs
Great people to work with while the leaders try to determine path they want to take the company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with the teams I had and the flexible hours were a bonus. Currently the senior leadership is attempting to change the path the company is taking which is creating a stressful atmosphere as everyone worries about whether or not they will have a job once done. The people are great and working with teams all over the world was a great experience.
Pros
Flexible work shifts
Cons
Work/life balance varies by team, until Jan 2019 no 401K match, senior leadership in New York has different values than leadership and employees in Omaha locations.
Good place if you know the right people
QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 12, 2018
Its been so long since ive worked there. I remember getting along well with my team mates and the manager. At the time, there were Directors with no one reporting to them. I was not a good work life balance.
Over all view
SENIOR CLIENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 11, 2018
It is a descent job. No complaints. You can learn valuable skills. Each day is different I learned a skill set that allowed me to move on to further my career.
Pros
Learning
Cons
sub pay for the industry
Military
Clover Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 11, 2018
First Data is accompany that's committed to serving soldiers. The company continues to pay soldiers for up to two years of military leave. That's actually a huge help. Also, your 401k is still available to you while you're on orders and whatever health benefits you choose to have.
Good Company but somewhat harsh culture
Global Strategic Souring Manager - Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2018
Good company but focus (understandably) is on resolving debt and improving leverage above all else. Managment council is guided by stock price and allows it to drive short term decisions that could be detrimental long term. Culture is driven by earnings reports/stock price and company lacks the benefits and the warmth/balance to attract talent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Data. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight