First Data Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,243 reviews matching the search See all 2,518 reviews
Excellent work life, cafeteria on site to avoid having to leave the building
Senior Finance Manager, National Sales (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 21, 2018
I learned a lot about P&L's, General Legers, and how to use multiple programs. I worked closely with the sales team, assisting them in meeting their goals. I was able to work remotely and autonomously. I felt very supported and truly enjoyed my time there. My most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my VP, she was located remotely but helped me learn and soon I became her right hand man. When she switched departments, she brought me along due to the fact that I excelled at my position and was offered promotions often. I got to the point where I was able to run the month end reporting meeting in lieu of my VP.
Pros
worked side by side with VP of Deparment, learned all aspects of the company, ran month end close meetings
Cons
Long hours, managed a huge team of more than ten people, having to double check everyone's work which slowed my process down
Translator
International Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Did translation from Portuguese to English and vice-versa.
Translation is a very serious job because other people trusted me.
The lovely culture we worked with people from eighteen different countries.
The hardest part was that both parties met their goal during the translation whatever decision needs to be made.
To translate was the best part for both parties.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 19, 2018
i highly recommend first data to anyone , you can make a career out of it however it just was the field for me . great benefits . great environment . i was pleased for the time i was there .
Nice company to work for.
Long Distance Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, even though it was very stressful at times. They were very good in giving us some company perks to ease the pressure. Managers were very kind and considerate towards their employees.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Decided to move their facility to Texas.
I had a great boss
Client Services Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2018
I had a very understanding boss, who truly believes in a work - life balance. Other areas of the company had supervisors who may not have seen work life balance as a priority
First Data
Product Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work. Good advancement opportunities. Managers were great, never had any issues and I learned a lot from them. I would definitely recommend working here.
BA Role
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 18, 2018
The culture in my organization was very secretive, though senior leaders preached about transparency, and that's exactly how management style rolled down to the lower managers.
enjoyable place to work
BOS Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 18, 2018
Left this job a few years ago for personal reasons but sort of regret it. Best job I've ever had thus far in an area that isn't a great job market, so I'd describe it as a "nice house in a bad neighborhood" so to speak. If you show that you're a good employee you will get promotions, raises, and enough responsibilities to shine as an employee. These things aren't that common in entry level jobs in South Florida, unfortunately. I'd recommend this job to pretty much anyone.
very fast paced and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 17, 2018
Really great place to work to get foot in door and to advance your career goals. You learn an massive amount of information being the go between for banks and retail
Pros
Overtime was offered a lot
Cons
Pay.
Good Place to grow
Mid Market Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
• Played a vital role in handling client calls, resolving issues at the point of contact.
• Established proper pricing procedures, maintaining profitability and reducing attrition.
no job security
Compensation Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 17, 2018
Plan on moving. Emphasis on saving money for company. If you don't mind moving to a different area, that's fine. Advanced with technology. Nice people. Large turnover.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Insecurity
Former TeleCheck employee
Client Analyst / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Excellent place to work in Sugar Land Texas - was there for 19 years . Very good opportunity to enhance education and skills. Able to move within the company. Many changes throughout my tenure but have no regrets - I learned a lot and valued my relationships within the company. Close knit - growth related family environment.
N/a
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 13, 2018
Working with FirstData is not a stressful environment. The management Team is Awesome, we have a melting pot of individuals that carry different skill sets to get the job done.
Good people in the trenches but poor management
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Management is distant, cliquish, constantly changing objectives and never supports their employees. Human resources have a high turnover rate and more concerned about diversity and frequent layoffs. this company is a puppy mill for employees and am sorry I ever invested money in them.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor management, constantly changing the rules, never setting a standard and difficult to succeed
Sr.Develper in First Data Corporation
Sr.Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30342July 12, 2018
I liked the work over all but I do not like on calls on night. I learnt Unix and Linux. Learnt Deployment and On call procedure. I liked the job what they are doing. It is interesting. I leant credit card and gift card processes.
Pros
works at home if I work on call
Cons
on call
Horrible management, quick burn out rate, entirely customer focused with no regard regard for employee well being.
Merchant Activations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740July 12, 2018
I spent 10 years at this company, I only enjoyed working there two years until upper management and department management changed to the "New First Data". after that change there was constant fear of being laid off, employee stress levels soared and employees began to feel like just another butt in the chair that was easily replaceable at any moment. Low employee work/life balance, especially for managers. And no employee promotion or upward career pathing at all, only lateral moves to different departments for similar pay. Employees are micro managed and department managers had no clue how to do employees jobs in their own department as well as management were never around and constantly in meetings for projects not even related to their particular departments functions.
Pros
pay check
Cons
every thing else
ok
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2018
Lots of changes

Work was challenging and I learned a great deal. Hard at times to balance work/life balance. Work could be demanding at times. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good place to work if you like call center work
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 11, 2018
I liked working there because it was good pay. The Quality department has to much say in your Score card even though they do not take calls themselves.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
High Pressure
It felt like working with family
Stategic Initiatives Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 11, 2018
Cooporate environment, but the colleagues felt like family. Management was fair and understanding. I had a high level position and felt confident and pretty comfortable in my job.

I worked with a very supportive team
Pros
Great envioronment
Cons
The company left Denver
First Data
Supervisor Collections (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 10, 2018
I supervised 15-25 collectors on a daily basis. Although I have my team to support, I also supervised and assisted other teams. My responsibilities were assisting collectors with escalated customer calls, payment errors, system issues and account look-ups. I supported my team and other team members by showing encouragement,motivation and availability when needed. My goal was to lead a team with great knowledge of the business and to produce great productivity for the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Data. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight