First Entertainment Credit Union Employee Reviews

Work here for the drama & headache& no training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2019
I’ve been in banking for over 15 years. This is the worst company that I’ve worked at. This company is so small that everyone knows everyone’s business. There’s people that are dating each other within the same department; how this is seen as professional is beyond me & very uncomfortable to work around. Pay needs to be better. The turnover is very high that some are left to do more work with same pay. Changes to the credit union happens as fast as they have new upper management team. New team equals new ideas equal new changes which equals to a headache for the followers.
Pros
Don’t work here. Pay is better elsewhere with no headache and drama
Cons
Benefits, Compensation, work/life balance
No life/work balance, horrible management
FSR (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Management is not there to help you. They are there to get you stressed, play favoritism and fire you for no real reason. They do not properly train and they expect you to know 1,000 things in two weeks and throw you to the job and then reprimand you if you make a mistake instead of properly coaching. BTW coaching is not threatening your employee and laughing while you are doing it. That is intimidation/bullying. Coaching is not reading down a list and saying "got it?" Learn how to teach so that in turn your employees can be happier and overall successful for the company!!
Pros
honestly nothing!
Cons
like literally what's the point of working there??
minimal training and overworked employees
Central Operations Representative II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Lack of training and employees are overworked. Management is rarely around since they are always in meeting. No policy in procedures in place.Coworker are great.
Banks & credit unions are the same for an employee
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 10, 2018
Credit union is supposed to be better than a bank but after working here, there’s no difference for an employee. It’s always a #s game, you have to meet your numbers and your service score. Banks do it, credit unions do it. One thing that I miss when I was working for citi bank is how possfessional my managers were. At this credit, it’s based on how they feel about you. Everyone has their “team” and if you aren’t with them, they’ll bring you down. No one cares about how you feel even if they ask you to express yourself. Don’t fall for it. They are looking for little robots. I recommend applying elsewhere that will be more competitive with pay, & really cares about their employees. It’s easy to find out... go into a branch and sit with a rep... watch how they talk to you and watch how they communicate with the “team”. Easy does it, you’ll see that you don’t want to work here.
Pros
I’m not sure what to put here
Cons
No work Life balance, bad parking, branch location far apart, interest rate isn’t competitive
Not the best place to work
Member service officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2018
Never saw my manager, manager was too busy working on other things. Always in a meeting or on their phone. When they are available, they just likes to gossip about other employees. Not the best place to work . I expected more professionalism. No work/ life balance. Training takes forever to be scheduled
Pros
Staff developement day (free lunch) but a waste of a day
Cons
Get bothered during lunch since there’s no breakroom
Constantly Changing for the Better
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 17, 2018
First Entertainment is a wonderful place to work; there are so many advancement opportunities available for those who work hard. We have the opportunity to work with one of the coolest industries around (entertainment) and our employees and members are mostly great. We also have a lot of growth plans and are generally moving in the right direction. Most managers are engaged and want to help progress your career. This is not really a place for people who just want to get by-the people who flourish are driven, hard-working people looking for ways to improve the company.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, training, benefits, and great co-workers. Also, an excellent CEO who is very engaged.
Cons
Salaries are generally low here-we do have pretty good benefits but for LA, our pay should be higher.
As their Director of Accounting, I was promised duties and responsibilities that were not kept by management.
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 11, 2018
I managed a group of 2 (should have been 5), reviewed JV's, approved AP expense checks, reviewed the monthly financial statements for approval, mentored staff, and wrote a financial summary for the CFO for her Board of Director's monthly meetings.
Pros
Loyal and respectful staff
Cons
Ambiguity in job description
a typical day at work
Membership Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 19, 2018
As a Business Development Office, it was a nice job. This allowed me to educated Selected Employee Groups to know how Credit Unions differ from Banks and how to earn better rates in Savings and Loans.
Pros
No free lunches but annual Employee Appreciation Day
Cons
Did get Breaks and health care along with 401k
can be stressful
Customer Service, Finance (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 13, 2017
it depends on the department but it can be stressful and fun at the same time. overall there are a good group of people there that help each other. there are a lot fo fun activities at times and all the bank holidays off.
standard banking environment
ACH Operations and Member Services (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2017
decent company with options for advancement. Standard banking environment and culture. Standard banking hours with federal holidays. During my tenure, management was sub-par.
Good work Experience
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 25, 2017
I learned about The Fedline and ACH system, my first supervisor experience. A nice location friendly people, I learned a lot to do with Credit Unions and Banking
Leaders are involved
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
The leadership at that time was hands on. It was great working for this organization because they thought outside the box to accommodate the customer to best help their needs
Very productive fun and professional
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 2, 2017
Working for First Entertainment Credit Union for me was exciting and and sometimes challenging the days would always fly by being so busy working with a great group of people.
Pros
Lot's of perks
Cons
The commute First Entertainment is a great place to work and grow you free welcome
Productive learning position
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The key to a productive happy day is to make sure you work with a smile no matter what the situation in a day may bring forth. Working as a team player to get through all challenges.
There is no hard part of a job if you stay positive and learn every aspect of a position.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Healthcare
great company to work for
Loan Rep II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 28, 2016
I have learned a lot from my current positions in the Loan department and I still learning. I started out as a temp and I have worked my way up to a Loan rep II
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 29, 2016
One will learn a lot working at FECU. The training is excellent and the people are very friendly. Never be afraid to ask questions.
Productive great place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 5, 2015
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Great training, staff and management. Great customers and communication.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers
Cons
short staffed, human resources department inadequate
best job i ever had
Collector/Special Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 22, 2015
loved the management, worked there for 4yrs, learned alot in Administration and loans. Excellent benefits, a little far for my transportation but other then that it was an amazing place to work
Pay could be better, but otherwise a great place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2015
First Entertainment is a great place to work. The people want you to succeed and grow. Very little drama within departments. They are a small institution, so they could pay better but that's about it.
Pros
They care, managable sale expectation
Cons
You'll get paid more working for a bank
liked the work meet a lot of entertainers
Loan Processor / Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 4, 2013
meet with members to sign loan documents
open accounts
loved my boss she is awesome
good work enviroment in department everyone got along
learned a lot about creidt
Pros
good hours, bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Entertainment Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

First Entertainment Credit Union Reviews by Location