First Federal Bank of the Midwest Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHApril 26, 2018
First Federal was a great place to work. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. They aren't super harsh when it comes to dress code, and I got to meet and make many new friends while I was employed there!
Pros
Work Enviroment, Constantly busy
Cons
Wage was not very high
over the years I had good times and bad
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHMarch 9, 2018
When I interviewed at First Federal Bank the company was small. I walked in, filled out an application. I was called a few days later for an interview. I was then asked if I would be willing to work at another branch. I said yes and then interviewed with that office. I was offered the job within a couple of days. I have experienced a lot of changes in banking culture since then including expanded growth of the company. I really enjoyed my job. There were some really good times and some really bad times. I have seen a lot of faces come and go over the years as well. I am always busy. I enjoyed working with customers and co-workers. What I have learned is too numerous to put here. Helping people both internally and externally has been the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part is the ever increasing and changing sales culture. I am retiring from banking and am ready to move on to my next adventure.
clean environment
Deposit Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHMarch 8, 2018
Typical starts at 7:45 a.m.
I learned working with others of different ages
Management changed in my department while I was there
Hardest is documenting mail received over 100 pieces per day
Most enjoyable is talking and help others solve there banking problems
Pros
Helping others
Cons
The drive
Great manager.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OHMarch 23, 2017
Enjoyed the five years I worked there. Flexible work schedule. Great coworkers and managers. Opportunity to advance. Clean work space. Thorough training.
Cons
Low pay
Too sales focused
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OHFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked here for several years and I have seen the focus change from customer service to sales. The company is sound and trustworthy. The local management teams not so much. They are not interested in knowing the customers or in knowing the employees.
The background people are excellent to help resolve customer issues.
Overall I would recommend.
Pros
401k and stock options
Cons
Falling away from customer first focus
Great coworkers and great community feeling.
Commercial Lender (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 23, 2016
The coworkers are great and everyone here go over and beyond to help customers out. I believe that it is a great place to work and that management is leading the bank in the right direction. At times, communication from management might be lacking but over time they have worked to improve that.
No a great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 12, 2015
The job itself isn't bad. The management had no idea what they were doing. They would give a higher job title to someone who isn't qualified just because of their attitude. The customers were nice, but if they weren't the manager would tuck and run. For a community bank they arent doing anything community and trying to be more of a corporate bank. Too focused on sales to see how great the employees are with their customers. The customers even say how bad the office is.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay, direction, no management communication.
A great, community-centered banking center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 5, 2013
First Federal Bank is an outstanding company to work or and a great place to bank. The company's ideals and policies are exceptional. Both upper management and co-workers are hard-working, sincere individuals.
Productive and customer oriented, enjoyed my job
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 26, 2012
My job at First Federal Bank was an awesome place to work. I enjoy the customers and meeting their needs. I was mainly in charge of the deposit side of the bank. I supervised all the tellers, monthly work schedules, sales training and coaching, anual reviews for my staff. Ordering cash for the branch, handled customers with any of their problems or concerns. When the manager was out of the branch, I was responsible for the entire branch. I worked very closely with my manager. We were a great team.
Pros
the work enviroment was the best that i had ever worked at.
Cons
sometimes the pettiness of a couple of the tellers had to be dealt with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Federal Bank of the Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight