First Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Great people, terrible benefits
Senior Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 5, 2018
Costly benefits and low pay, but other employees and managers are great. I have had multiple advancements in a short amount of time. Days can be slow,
Good place
Head Teller / New Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookville, INDecember 5, 2018
The office I worked at has been closed however I really liked working here when I did. Enjoyed the customers and the work hours. It was a relatively laid back atmosphere for a bank.
The Golden Carrot
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2018
Great people, boutique shop, extremely hands on. You pull them in the boat, skin, clean and put them on the shelf. Collaborative but little to zero resources to assist.
Pros
Culture and Comp
Cons
Long View / Strategy
lacked direction
Vice President/Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2018
First lacked direction right before the Mainesource merger. It wasn't announced but you could tell something was going on because the focus became managing existing portfolio vs. approving loans.
Pros
working close to home
Cons
lacked direction
Great company and great experience
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Eastland, TXNovember 27, 2018
I would have loved to still work there but my family moved back to Tyler with our grown kids and grand babies.

The work was very rewarding and I learned a lot about banking.
Busy work but stressful
Commercial Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olney, IL 62450November 20, 2018
They have a hard time bridging the gap between HQ and the 60+ branches in Indiana and Illinois.
A typical day will keep you busy but stressed. I learned about the many facets that make up the commercial lending business.

In my opinion, changes in management happen frequently; making it difficult to keep abreast of who is responsible.

The workplace culture differs from day to day.

The hardest part of the job is handling the stress of deadlines.

The enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Overall a good place to work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INNovember 10, 2018
The management at FFB always strives to help you succeed. There was never any animosity between employees. A very professional company that had regular meetings to ensure things are flowing nicely and everyone is on the same page. It is very face paced. The only downside was being part time at the branch I was in and no full time positions available. If it wasn't for that, I would have never left.
What I Learned at First Financial
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 8, 2018
First Financial is a great place to work and has a great training program for the employees. It helps you not only for your position at First Financial Bank but also out in the real world and other jobs as well!
Pros
Great work environment and loyal company
Cons
N/a
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  NC INNovember 2, 2018
Only 3 full time positions are available at some locations. If you're a student or looking for PT work, this would be a great place to work. Customers are friendly. Staff is excellent to work with. Benefits are great but not much for advancement unless you go to another location
Pros
Close to home, flexible schedule, benefits, atmosphere
Cons
PT work, no advancement, no overtime
Bad Experience with Mgmt.
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 22, 2018
I worked there during school; however, my direct manager was not supportive of my advancement in alternative careers. following graduation. I was forced to quit because she would not approve vacation time for a job interview due to the one week notice. Policy was a minimum of two weeks; therefore, I was giving the option of missing the interview or quitting my job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management
Truly Great Place to Work
Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great management that shows that they care. Great coworkers and the philosophy of the bank is one that is really involved in the communities life and also the employees lives that shows they really care.
Professional, yet friendly
Transfer Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDOctober 9, 2018
Very great work environment! Fast-paced with high expectations, yet friendly, down to earth and realistic, simultaneously. Would recommend to friends looking for employment.
Great Management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Branch location was great place to work
Management was great
Company overall wasn't the best
Needed to adhere to current trends - especially with technology
FMLA needs to be implemented differently
4 weeks is not long enough for maternity leave
Questionable
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2018
At present time there is much turmoil and skepticism within the ranks. Hopefully things will improve. Management is not seeing the entire picture. They are only skimming the surface and not truly putting "best practices" into play.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 12, 2018
I loved working here and loved my supervisor however her manager was not a good manager. She was let go not to long after I left. If it wasn't for her I would still be there
Pros
People were great
Cons
Managment was horrible
Workplace Culture
CREDIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2018
First Financial is a great presence in the community. Always working toward being a neighbor to those in need. There is a great retirement program, several options for health insurance, and on-going educational opportunities.

The management over my department doesn't always follow through with processes and discipline. Often discussing employees problems, both personal and work related, with other co-workers. First Financial is still run like an old boys club with no room for advancement in the company unless you look a certain way.
Pros
Great retirement benefits and great presence in the community
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
Great company to work for
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2018
FFIN was a great company to work for. My
co-workers and upper management were always there and willing to help each other out. The work/life balance was great. Worked Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 and never on weekends.
Pros
Positive environment, great teamwork, good work/life balance
Cons
Compensation-pay was not near enough
good place
Consumer Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARSeptember 8, 2018
i enjoyed it, but i wanted to work in health care. The job was a great position but it was too slow pace for me and i knew i wanted to help take care of people.
Multi-tasking was a must
COMMERCIAL LOAN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 8, 2018
As a Commercial Executive Administrative Assistant, no two days were the same. Although there were some slow days, most were quite busy with a number of different tasks to work on. Besides submitting loans to underwriting, there was quite a lot of customer service via email, phone and mail. Research was also a large part for both external customers and internal customers. As for the culture, I have known several of the employees for many years and everyone is friendly. My direct supervisor is located elsewhere, however, we worked quite well together via phone and email. The most difficult part of this position was being given assignments that were outside my wheelhouse. Usually things that were supposed to be handled by some of the other specialty departments.
Pros
Warm Environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 4, 2018
Customer service based company. Good working environment. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Opportunity for advancement. Competative wages. Family friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Financial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight