First Financial Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work. Employees are nice and work together well. Management had an open door policy and ensured that you were able to come in to speak of any issues
Overly Controlled environment
Commercial Loan Post Reviewer III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2018
Very micro-managed controlled environment.
Very nice co-workers.
Outdated processes and systems. Very stern management.
Convenient location, tuition reimbursement
Pros
Cons
Hostile Environment; employees were also under stress
Fun place to work .
Item Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 8, 2018
Good enviorment , quick paced , yet ..layed back . Very fun place to work . Harderst part would be the days i get overwhelmed with paper that i have to do aside of the constant keying on all day .
Great job for your record but not the best pay.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, INJune 26, 2018
This job was a great job for your own personal record and experience but as far as pay and benefits it wasn’t worth it. I could not make a living only working at first financial bank.
Tired Management, Slow to Change
Disclosure Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 24, 2018
My experience is limited to within 2 departments, but both exhibited signs of fatigue. Even if you go in chipper, you will get beat down into submission at some point.
Pros
(mostly) 8-5 work, M-F (depending on dept)
Cons
depressed pay, depressed workers
Great Place to Work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Wert, OHJune 23, 2018
A typical day could be constantly waiting on clients from open to close, or it might be slower and allot for more time to work on designated tasks. Handling the schedule can be difficult especially if you are supporting more than one office with a slim staff. Management is both encouraging and knowledgeable with an understanding of the needs of each associate.

The hardest part of the job is managing time to make sure each customer is not only taken care of but satisfied with his/her experience while making sure the other clients do not feel they have waited too long or have been neglected in comparison.

The most enjoyable part of the job is a toss-up between when a client comes in with a concern and you not only helped to resolve it, but you also left him/her feeling better than when he/she came in; and being a mentor to new associates as their leader and first line of correspondence.

I learned a great deal about exceptional customer service and how each interaction with a client is an experience he/she will remember. I also learned how to better manage my time in a fast-paced environment and what tools and organizational methods can assist with my heavy workflow.

The skills and lessons I have attained through my employment at First Financial Bank will be those that I will forever utilize in any career henceforth.
Pros
Discounts on products/services, set schedule, compensation for any expenses related to the company, team unification, discounts on several local establishments, involvement in the community, great management, amount of vacation time available
Cons
work weekends, small increases in pay, vacation only if someone else isn't off which is hard with staff to hours ratio
No Support
Mortgage Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2018
Every man for themselves attitude. When management backs are against the wall, its a them vs you; them or you attitude. Management takes no accountability. Just blames you and lets you take the fall without hearing your reasoning or issues.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
Not a cohesive environment.
Productive and relaxed
File clerk (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 17, 2018
This job allowed me to gain cash handeling experience and to work alongside professional managers. The experience gained from this business has helped me in the long run when applying and working for other businesses.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Ffb
Branch Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 3, 2018
Fast-paced and a great working environment. Able to advance and learn easily. Great benefits. Health insurance, dental and vision insurance. Paid vacation and paid sick time.
Productive and fun environment.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
This is a great company to work for and they create a very fun work environment. They have fun activities for employees at lunch time and they have a great workplace culture.
Culture is very good
Treasury Management Sales Officer (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 19, 2018
Nice place to work. The employees really enjoy working at the bank. It will be interesting to see how the culture will be now that they bought Mainsource Bank.
First Financial Bank
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 15, 2018
FFB is a very solid, large corporation. Given its size, most positions were very streamlined making it very difficult to learn beyond the boundaries of a given position within the company.
management
Floating CSA (Former Employee) –  Sugarcreek, OHMay 9, 2018
I worked for the region therefore I was able to spend time at every branch. The cultures varied. Some were great and others were awful. Depends on the manager who hires at that establishment.
Pros
customers are great
Cons
some poor managment
Great Bank
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the bank. The team members were easy to work with and very family like atmosphere.
Only left because of a move to another city.
Pros
Good Company
Part time
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXApril 30, 2018
Only offered part time with slim possibility to advance. Management had little to no communication with employees and demanded a lot for little compensation.
Busy place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INApril 20, 2018
I started at 6:30am to open drive up and closed at 7:30 pm 5 days a week. it was a fun job . entertaining at times dealing with customers there was a great staff and management when i was there. They have all since moved on.
great work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ross, OHApril 17, 2018
Loved working at first financial really enjoyed everyone I met there including customers. Pay was decent and managers really were interested in helpig advancement
Really enjoy my time working here.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 13, 2018
While nothing is perfect this has been a great place to work. My work experience here has ranged from slow-paced/relaxed to fast-paced and busy. I would recommend working here.
Out to get you
Employee (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 22, 2018
Horrible place to work. Upper Management is always out to get you no matter what. Always willing to fire someone quickly. Conroe region has high turn around. Sexist towards women. More men in vital roles. Lowest pay rates compared to other banks.
productive place to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Highland, INMarch 20, 2018
I learned to accurately balance a teller drawer. How to use a coin counter when people would bring in change we would run it through the coin counter. The management was good.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Financial Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight