First Financial Bankshares Employee Reviews

No advancement/ Drama Club
Credit department (Former Employee) –  AbileneJune 12, 2019
First Financial Bank only wants straight out of college no work experience kids. If your not educated then you have no chance of advancement. Manager in Credit Department that I worked had favorites, talked negative about people that work for her and spread gossip about other people in the bank. She was always talking bad about her boss and constantly saying he should be fired. She had no control over the people in her department that had worked there before her, she’s two faced and a liar. They should make her clock in like the rest of the department she’s always taking off for family things and leaving early leaving everybody to pick up the slack. Then takes on other departments work and expects the people in her department to do it and all they have to do, and she takes all the credit. Let’s the drama queen in the department take off as much time as she needs for her kids and sick leave doesn’t reprimand her. The bank should pay for management classes for her because she doesn’t have a clue on how to manage people. The Credit Department was like High School, the boss was head cheerleader and if she didn’t like you then you were treated unfairly. Constantly being told don’t talk about other people, use your lunch hour to take care of personal things but the boss would stay on the phone with family and make appointments leave early to get her hair done and not come back for the rest of the day. Double standard big time.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
best job i ever had, great experience, learned all kinds of new things. i learned how to handle many transactions and how to balance a drawer etc
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXApril 18, 2019
a typical day was to do my daily transactions for my customers , deposits, withdraws, holds, cashier checks, etc. i learned so much about banking and it is such a great job opportunity.
Horrible
Banker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 9, 2019
Grapevine location is horrible. The manager is horrible! If you choose to work a location Keller & Trophy Club is your best option. Grapevine heck no.
repeat
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 24, 2019
this job is great pay but tortuously boring. i dont even want to finish this stupid review its so stupid and dumber that working i cant believe i am not gonna finish this
Pros
easy work
Cons
no breaks shortened lunches
Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXMarch 15, 2019
Fun, inviting place to work. I love working with people and meeting new people. Lots of opportunities with this employer. If you are looking for a new position, this is the place to look.
Overall, pretty good company to work for, good benefits
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Willow Park, TXFebruary 26, 2019
I was not able to advance in the last couple of years. I felt and was told that I needed to stay as a Personal Banker. Make a career of it. Management tended to have favorites and stayed gone a lot of the time. Job itself was great and 99% of people were great to work with. Hours good and fair.
Benefits
Cons
Branch Managers not fair across the board.
High volume customer interaction. Management encouraged community service.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 21, 2019
First Financial trained employees to be knowledgeable with all products offered, in order to properly serve each client according to their individual needs.
Pros
Strong community relationships will be gained
Very nice Bank Chain
RELATIONSHIP BANKER I (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 21, 2019
No complaints working at this particular establishment. Enjoyed my time with the company. There are plenty of challenges to be met but the incentives and rewards make it worthwhile. There are always new changes which keeps you on your toes, but keeps the job interesting.
Awful
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Hypocrital, double standards, clique-type management. Everything is about making the next dollar, instead of making it about the customers. Terrible atmosphere.
Na
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 22, 2019
It is a good place to work...
Best pay you will ever get in Abilene... You get paid vacation and sick leave...
Good environment to work...
Always a chance to move to another department.
Terrible place to work
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXDecember 18, 2018
This is not a real banking job. The job is sales and that’s it, customer service and balancing drawers does not matter as long as you get sales goals.
Cons
Hours, pay, management
Ridiculous
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 3, 2018
The attendance policy is such that although you earn sick time, if you use it, there will be a negative attendance mark put in your file. They can not keep help. When they are short handed the rest of the employees are expected to do the same amount of work as a full staff. When it gets busy, breaks are taken and lunches are cut in half, no questions asked.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Oppressive Environment, Unbelievable Policies
Great company and great experience
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Eastland, TXNovember 27, 2018
I would have loved to still work there but my family moved back to Tyler with our grown kids and grand babies.

The work was very rewarding and I learned a lot about banking.
What I Learned at First Financial
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 8, 2018
First Financial is a great place to work and has a great training program for the employees. It helps you not only for your position at First Financial Bank but also out in the real world and other jobs as well!
Pros
Great work environment and loyal company
Cons
N/a
Productive Work Environment
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 29, 2018
Very good bank to work for. Good working environment. Everyone is very nice. Employees were always very helpful to everyone. Trainings were scheduled in a timely manner. Once a month the company would provide us a lunch.
treated us very well.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Barley any breaks
Bad Experience with Mgmt.
Commercial Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 22, 2018
I worked there during school; however, my direct manager was not supportive of my advancement in alternative careers. following graduation. I was forced to quit because she would not approve vacation time for a job interview due to the one week notice. Policy was a minimum of two weeks; therefore, I was giving the option of missing the interview or quitting my job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management
Truly Great Place to Work
Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great management that shows that they care. Great coworkers and the philosophy of the bank is one that is really involved in the communities life and also the employees lives that shows they really care.
Workplace Culture
CREDIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2018
First Financial is a great presence in the community. Always working toward being a neighbor to those in need. There is a great retirement program, several options for health insurance, and on-going educational opportunities.

The management over my department doesn't always follow through with processes and discipline. Often discussing employees problems, both personal and work related, with other co-workers. First Financial is still run like an old boys club with no room for advancement in the company unless you look a certain way.
Pros
Great retirement benefits and great presence in the community
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
Great company to work for
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 11, 2018
FFIN was a great company to work for. My
co-workers and upper management were always there and willing to help each other out. The work/life balance was great. Worked Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 and never on weekends.
Pros
Positive environment, great teamwork, good work/life balance
Cons
Compensation-pay was not near enough
Ok place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2018
Advancementlimited, long hours, on feet all day, rigid schedule, stressful, worked weekends, worked holidays, referrals mandatory, management is okay, location okay
Pros
Cons
Work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Financial Bankshares. Our community is ready to answer.