First Group America Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMay 11, 2018
No support from corporate level. Leave you hanging. They make changes and when the changes don’t work they blame everyone but themselves. They don’t care about employees. They only care about money. The mother company is in the UK. They want all the money they can get and don’t care how they get it. Terrible company and worse upper msnagement
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons. Run don’t walk away
Improvements needed
Sr. Benefit Specialist (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2018
The company has a great opportunity to be an employer of choice with the right leadership in each department. There are already some great leaders I place. I believe that new Leadership in the area I work will change many things for the better; however the approach is leading to the risk of losing some very good, hardworkkng employees who wish to see the company grow as well.
Pros
Free bus passes or discount parking. Many employee perks
Fun place to work.
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2018
Productive and fun place to work.I would recommend a fried to work here.It is a good place for career advancement if you have the qualifications and skills.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Work in bad weather.
Overwhelming UK management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 8, 2018
North American business leaders perform well in competitive passenger transportation industries.

Solid performing North American operations are dragged down by overwhelming and disorganized UK management.
Pros
North American personnel are professional and cooperative
Cons
UK management
No Advancement / Too much Favoritism
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 2, 2018
I have never seen such a wealthy and broad company that does not care much about its employees and their advancement. They have hindered many and stolen from plenty. The small stay small and the big get bigger! The management team has decreased in satisfactory levels and is very unorganized.
Pros
Paid school vacation time
Cons
Favoritism, no advancement, poor salary
germaine whitlow
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  830 South 13th St. Louisvill Ky.March 28, 2018
Some of management team was challenging.
I enjoyed most of my co-workers and my passengers enjoyed that I got the route that I always wanted dayshift
Pros
I got a hour for lunch usually .
Cons
sometimes dispatch could be a problem .
Good company, no career path
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company. Unfortunately there was nowhere for me to move within the department, and it was difficult to move across divisions. Also the company does not offer tuition reimbursement. Challenging for someone who is growth-oriented / ambitious.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of development opportunity
something to do
AP/AR Consultant Specialist (temp) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
all we would do would process invoices from three years ago it was always a revolving doors of new employees never got to be proficient in what i was doing
Pros
location
Cons
parking
Fast paced and stressfull
Accounts Payable Specialist/Concur Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2018
The management is awesome, the benefits are good but it is a very stressful job. They work with you on your hours. The pay is decent. You must be on top of your customer service skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Stressfull
Easy and relax environment
Union Dues Specialist / Exe asst VP Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHFebruary 1, 2018
Very easy going company. Great people to work with. Easy to get to and provide bus services. Metro, Tank or CTC. enjoy working here just need more advancement for internal employees
Pros
great benefits
Cons
need more internal advancement

Want to know more about First Group America?

Ask a question
Review of Highlights
First Student of Philadelphia (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Increase pay to industry standard. Increase health coverage so that employees can offset expenses because of low pay. Increase the base level of staff positons to facilitate a less stressful environment.
Pros
Highly competent managers
Cons
Healtcare and salary
Very good compant to work for
leader in student transportation (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2017
I enjoy my job very much just looking for advancement and a higher position with my qualifications. They are the leader in student transportation everyday .
Pros
very good company
Cons
no advancement from my current position
Horrible, unstable work environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2017
Below average pay. Very incompetent leadership that does not value diversity. Incredibly poor work environment. The company is always restructuring, everyone's jobs are unstable, morale is very low, there is no transparency, and the culture is ruled by fear.

There is little / no room to advance regardless of how qualified you may be.
Cons
The company is a hot mess
Convenient downtown location
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Great place to work if you're not looking to advance and you're content keeping your same salary year after year. The employees are very disgruntled. Not a teamwork environment.
Pros
On bus line
Cons
Disgruntled employees. Not a team work environment.
First Student (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 29, 2017
Very fast pace place to work. Good management with and good team work environment.Very good at training and educating their employees.Most enjoyable part is knowing at the end of the day every student and employee made it home safely.
Pros
days off when schools are down
Cons
very long hours
Easy going inviroment to work in and be rewarded
Sr. Project Manager Transportation Facilities (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
The versatility of this company allows for advancement opportunities to further a career objectives. Great environment to work in and the personnel are great people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
During my typical workday,. check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as doing follow ups or securing .I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the service. I learned the tracking systems as well as shipping details. Management was great, Hardest part of the job was to make sure important shipments were executed due to limited time. The most enjoyable is the recognition received and great incentives.
Not a good place to work
Part Time Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Berrien Springs, MIOctober 14, 2017
The drivers are under paid, they provide health benefits, but the amount you pay for health insurance takes most of your pay check. You only get 20 hours a week and paid bi-weekly, which amounts to 40 hours every two weeks. No chance of advancement within the company.
Pros
Job
Cons
Under paid
Great group of people
AP Manager - Regional Support/Credit Card-Concur (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2017
They are like family. I've been promoted twice. I've learned an immense amount of knowledge working for a company with over 100,00 employees.
I love my team that I manage. And, I fully enjoy mentoring & training them.
Pros
No micro-managing
Cons
Insurance benefits are too expensive
It's Okay to Settle With
OPERATIONS SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I took the job because I was laid off from my previous job. It is below my pay grade, and not in line with my career goals. My direct manager is an amazing mentor, but I feel like her talents would be better exercised elsewhere within the company. The job is a day-in, day-out routine. I've not seen much opportunity for advancement, so it seems like a job for someone without career ambitions.