First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Credit Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 20, 2019
Management very helpful and always available. Work/life balance. Someone always available to answer questions or concerns. Co-workers very friendly and always available for questions.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Was a fun and productive place to work
Senior Funder (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 19, 2019
Fgmc was at times a good place to work. When Leadership changed everything changed. They speak about transparency but there is none, It needs to improve. Too many meetings.
September 3, 2019

Bad Company to work for
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2019
This was the worst company I have worked for since I’ve been working! Management is horrible!!!!!! They find a reason to write you up without your knowledge and then make up lies to HR!!! I never received a raise while working there and they cut bonus!! The morale went down!!! I would not recommend working for this company at ALL!!!
August 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with FGMC. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We believe in establishing a great culture and serving our clients and employees to the best of our ability each day.

Underwriter/Due Diligence (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 4, 2019
Good management, family atmosphere, well organized, good benefits, very knowledgeable management and co-workers, excellent pay structure. Periodic Raises and reviews with management
August 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with FGMC. We appreciate your input.

n/a
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 26, 2019
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff in the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency. I also attend a weekly meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.
August 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with FGMC. We appreciate your input and everything you did for the firm.

Bad Management
Wholesale Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 25, 2019
When bad management is in place the good employees move on and rest are left uninspired. I had no training, no support and no one spoke to me for a full month. There is no dress code. Women would show up in pajama bottoms and house slippers and never, ever stopped talking ALL day. Very hard to concentrate on learning on my OWN. Not the place to work. I don't think they care about who they hire. Bodies. That's it.
August 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with FGMC. FGMC’s focus is on its customers and its employees. Unfortunately, your description of our dress code or work ethic is not accurate. FGMC has an established dress code. Additionally, FGMC has a great culture of teams exchanging ideas and problem solving together. Regardless, we wish you the best in future endeavors.

previously a great place to be (before newest mgmt came in a year ago)
Sr. Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 17, 2019
This company was the greatest place to work before the newest mgmt crowd came in last year 2018. Now it is all about OUTSOURCING jobs to another continent... the result: folks working on loans directly with customers are not familiar with standard terms, procedures, practices. And it shows. Bottom line matters most to new mgmt., not the customer experience.
Pros
fake, phony mgmt
May 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on your employment with FGMC. We hope that you speak to your manager about your concerns so that they can be addressed with our Human Resources Department. FGMC values our employees and want to make sure our Customers have the best support possible to achieve home ownership. Again, thank you for your comments.

Workplace culture
Capital Markets Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 3, 2019
My day to day jobs at FGMC are busy. I don't usually have any down time and am really focused on whatever I am working on. I am the type who keeps working through lunch and if I didn't have to pick up my daughter at school, there would probably be wouldn't be any down time. I am a big fan of my current work environment. I mostly work from home which is a huge plus for me since I am raising a 6 year old. That flexibility stems from having an understanding manager who supports his team and gives us the direction we need to maximize our abilities. I enjoy the team currently work with it. My colleagues work well together and help each other through our daily tasks.
Pros
ability to work from home and flexibility to care for my daughter
Cons
travel distance from home to office (which was addressed by telework option)
February 4, 2019

Thank you for your dedication to FGMC and your genuine feedback. We are glad to hear that your senior management is helping you in your work - life balance. We strive to make our company flexible and understanding while providing the best customer service we can for our consumers. We hope to see you continue to grow and advance within FGMC.

Rough Experience
Correspondent Lending Supervisor & Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 3, 2018
Everything was great until the end. Then it was bad, really bad. The layoff was handled horribly.

When you have worked at a company for many years, you have at least earned respect at the end.
December 5, 2018

Thank you for your comments on your previous employment with FGMC. A reduction in workforce is not something a company looks forward to doing and at some points it is unavoidable, similar to our previous layoff. We are making changes to our procedures and communication in hopes that will allow our employees to feel more aware of the current company and market situations. We wish you the very best in your future career path.

Going to fast
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  MoOctober 30, 2018
The culture is not to talk to each other. No verbal communication between employees. Mortgages are to complex not to talk. They are falling into the trap of the online lending industry. Going so fast you don’t do things correctly.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
No interaction
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your comments on your previous employment with FGMC. We have recently developed a Culture Committee that should be addressing most of your complaints regarding Communication and Employee interaction. Company Culture and our Customer Service is extremely important to us and we are bringing employees back into the office with a set work hours schedule to insure that you have the interaction you need within sales and processing and also allowing our customers to be able to reach out and make contact when needed. We wish you the very best in your future lending career.

Great work environment, flexible work hours and remote working
Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 1, 2018
I loved working at FGMC, had my mother not gotten sick I would still be there. I enjoyed the other employees as we worked well together. Management was wonderful and helped me advance to where I am today
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits and bonus per loan closed
Cons
Job advancement
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback on your employment with FGMC! We are glad that you were able to enjoy your time with your fellow coworkers and allowing you workplace flexibility during your employment. We will pass your information about job advancement on to our HR and Training Department. We wish you the very best in your future career path.

Job instability. Inadequate communication with management
Operations (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 12, 2018
Unstable work environment..company layoffs every 3-4 months. Management treated employees as a number, not a valued asset to the company. Many discrepancies in meetings to advise the employees about the status of the company's future.
September 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your previously employment with FGMC. We are saddened to hear about your experiences with our management and communication efforts. We are making great strides towards an open communication and culture effort within FGMC. The recent reductions were sized based on the current economy and volume we were producing as a company. This is something no company wants to do but unfortunately it was necessary given current volume versus the cost of employees. We continue to charge forward to increase sales and customer support which will in turn support our employees. We wish you the very best in your career goals and accomplishments.

I will miss my job
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 5, 2018
Overall I was not micromanaged, I was trusted to complete my job in a timely manor and was challenged. Management was lack luster and had multiple turnovers. Workplace culture has deteriorated and continues to do so.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your comments on your past employment with FGMC. Like you, we are saddened by the recent reductions. This is something we never hope to have to do but with the recent economic conditions of the industry it was unavoidable. We have recently made drastic changes to our management teams and have created a culture committee in hopes of making a more enjoyable place for our employees to come to. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 27, 2018
its a good company to work for , if you are fresh out of College this is the place for you. They are always looking for a fresh face with Fresh ideas
August 29, 2018

Thank you for your comments on your current employment with FGMC. FGMC values its employees and encourages growth throughout your career here and in future employments. We have new strategies, communication and vision and enjoy sharing that with our employees. We hope you continue to strive in your employment with FGMC and thank you for your dedication to our company and customers.

Working environment was great
Underwriter Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Federick MDAugust 20, 2018
I enjoyed my job while working at FGMC was very disappointed when we got laid off. My job was very enjoyable and we all worked as a team even through we worked from home.
Pros
good benefits, pay was good
Cons
Lack of Management
August 21, 2018

Thank you for your dedication to FGMC. We are happy to hear about your positive experience as a previous employee.Like you, we were saddened that we had to complete a reduction in workforce. This is something no company ever wants to do but was unavoidable given the circumstances. We have made changes in our executive management team as well as oversight and hopefully this will address your lack of management comment, As always we wish you the very best in your future endeavors and career path!

Ok Job
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 17, 2018
Great workplace, flexible work hours. Management lacks structure, no one knows who to contact for various work scenarios.
There is no work culture, morale is bad due to layoffs.
Pros
work independently
Cons
Looks like the company is going out of business, no long-term jobs
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your comments on your previous employment with FGMC. Our management team has recently changed and new initiatives are in place to assist our employees in growth and potential in their career path. We did go through a significant reduction in workforce that was unfortunately necessary and unavoidable. We hope to be on a new path to success for our own employees and our customers. Our culture initiative is in full swing to allow for our employees to enjoy their daily job and workplace environment. We wish you the very best in your future career path as a Loan Officer.

Great team
Sr Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 1, 2018
Working for FGMC was great at the time because it was a close company when it came to employees. They cared about us as if we were their family. They allowed for advancement as well.
August 3, 2018

We appreciate your comments on your former employment with FGMC. We believe FGMC is a family and our culture should reflect as such. We want our employees to be able to strive in the office and at home and allow for growth in their career path. We are glad to see that you agree and saw this during your time with us. We wish you the very best your future goals and positions.

Good company with ever changing management
Mortgage Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 26, 2018
Company as a whole is a good company. Due to multiple changes in company direction there were multiple changes in management at both the senior and middle management levels. This made for a confusing and disorganized operation.
June 28, 2018

We appreciate your comments on your employment with FGMC! We understand that the change of management has caused some confusion among employees, but we do believe that our new management will provide support, communication and strategy to our employees and customers. We hope you continue in this journey with us and wish you the best in advancement within FGMC!

Unstable company
Retail Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 19, 2018
Too many chiefs and no indians. Cannot control operations. Sales managers don't care to help or develop. You are out there winging it on your own. Company never wanted to invest in technologies that would help advance the company. Huge layoffs.
Pros
Flexible scedule
Cons
No support whatsoever
June 25, 2018

Thank you for you feedback on your previous employment with FGMC. We are saddened to hear about your negative experience and lack of support from management. As you might be aware we are in the middle of many changes to increase our technology in support of our customers, as well as training and development for our employees. We have a new Chief Operations Officer who is doing a phenomenal job in improving our processes and our culture as a company. In regards to the reduction in force, it was not something we wished to do but unfortunately was unavoidable given the current economic conditions. As always, we appreciate all feedback and wish you the very best in your future career development.

Visions of Grandure
Manager of Mortgage Technology (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
Moving from a medium-sized to a large enterprise has been a challenge. Managers in my department were great but the overall strategy and direction of the company was lacking.
Pros
Great direct management
Cons
No long-term vision
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your previous employment with FGMC. We have made great strides in new communication plans that will provide employees and managers with the tools and information they need to understand our new strategy and vision. Under our new executive management, we believe this gap in vision will cease to be and our employees will feel part of our team and family in this new adventure. We wish you the very best in your future technology career path and thank you for your time at FGMC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.