First Interstate Bank Employee Reviews

Review
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMay 22, 2018
Helped get and process the deposits and transactions for customers. It was a job, not much of a career. The hardest part was working where you didn't feel you were accepted fully. Working with the regulars and people was the best part of the job.
Family Oriented and Great work place
System Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 6, 2018
FIB is great place to work and bank. I have been lucky enough to advance my career in a fast place while I've worked for them. Excellent benefits and good work environment.
Pros
Benefits, always new projects to work on, great coworkers
Cons
Can be stressful
It was fun and the people were very nice
Gardner (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 11, 2018
I did not work in the bank. I was the gardener and worked out side maintaining the flowers and bushes and controlling the weeds. They have since cemented in flower area but I enjoyed maintaining it while it was there.
Pros
I was self employed and worked as needed
Great Benefits - Management Is Funky
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  MontanaApril 6, 2018
Upper management is a bit out of touch with general public and tend to tie middle management's hands on what they can do in the branches.
Hardest part of the job is definitely the grumpy client's who will do anything to blame you or the bank for the problem.
I learned how to better multi-task and practice always putting the client first and making sure they have the best experience.
They keep cutting staff and expecting the same results at branches.
Pros
Benefits are competitive, free lunches, great colleagues
Cons
Slow to train, Management is a bit disconnected, Lack of communication between upper management and middle management
Unfriendly work place
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 6, 2018
My opinion about a typical day was a lot of favoritism of certain employess. I never had any banking experience and I essentially learned by trial by fire. Management had a lot less to be desired. The manager at the bank really showed favoritism to certain employees. If the manager didn't like she let you know. The workplace culture was a tough one. The hardest part about the job was always having to look over your shoulder to see who was watching you and wondering if your coworkers were going to run to the management and tattle on you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the one friendship I got.
Pros
Really no pros
Cons
never received breaks and a lot of back stabbing
Fun, loving and professional in all areas.
Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 27, 2018
Working in banking was the first experience of working with a wide diverse of cultures and people. It was so much fun, caring, organized working environment from the top of the organization to the staffs on the production floors.
Pros
Celebrates every special events and holidays.
Cons
Tremendous amounts of overtime.
Strong employer with great overall company vision
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYMarch 19, 2018
First Interstate is a strong community bank with very competent management with a great overall vision for the bank, it's clients and the brand. I would highly recommend anyone seeking a career in the financial services industry to give First Interstate due consideration
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CAMarch 9, 2018
Management was very attentive to provide you with training. The new technology was fairly new for most of our peers. Every day keep close to the solution. Possibility of failures.
Pros
Lunches almost free
Behind on working as a team, inefficient
Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 1, 2018
Benefits are extremely expensive. Behind the times in technologies and thinking. Most long term employees act very entitled while doing very little. New ideas are not very welcomed.
Easy
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Working with First Interstate Bank was easy and routine. Worked on different shifts (first, second, third). Not much of a challenge. The routine responsibilities made it easy.
Worst place to work!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  MontanaJanuary 19, 2018
I have had some really good and really bad jobs and this was the worst. Management is rude to not only employees, but also to customers I was constantly receiving complaints about management. The general manager is very greedy and won't work with the customers if they are having an issue. Please don't work here.....its more stress then anyone needs.
Pros
Quitting the job
Cons
Rarly get a lunch break. Management sucks!
Very productive and a great place to work
Marketing Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2018
They cared about their employees and customers. First Interstate was always looking to improve the service and quality of their systems.
I loved there systems. They were very automated and user friendly. They had over 95% of all new account forms on the system and they were always trying to eliminate paper forms to improve the economy.
Pros
Cared about customers and employees, great benefits
Cons
They were acquired by a big bank
Okay place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Lodge, MTJanuary 9, 2018
People at the bank were great. Management had a hard time listening to the staff ideas for community services. Took time to train the people who worked there.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lunch was hard to schedule
Enjoyable, Customer contact,
Teller ll/Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 7, 2018
Enjoyable and Professional. You took pride in your work and you had the ability to help others. Customer Service based. A place you enjoyed working at.
Fair and competitive workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 22, 2017
FIRST INTERSTATE BANK, Tustin, California • 1986-1995
Financial Services Representative – Ranked in Top 10% of sales companywide, selling more than $15M in mutual funds and $23M in commercial venture accounts.
Not what you would expect in a job.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 3, 2017
unfortunately First Interstate does not value their long term employees! They decide the direction and if you don't fit the mold you can be replaced. The three strikes and you are out does not apply. HR department lacked
Pros
Pay
Cons
work thier exempt employees to death!
It wasn't a bad place to work
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 27, 2017
I wasn't there long enough to form an opinion really. I didn't do very much. I did some filing and scanning. I also helped with other things that people needed help with.
Great team.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 1, 2017
Terrific team of co-workers. Good pay and benefits. Working in the mortgage loan department is often stressful due to tight time-lines and unpredictable situations.
Excellent place to work
Regional Collections Mgr (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 28, 2017
First Interstate Bank is a quality employer. Work life balance is good. As well as pay, job security, management, and culture. I would recommend First Interstate.
sj
Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 1, 2017
this was not a fun place to work.management was not great and co workers were horrible. made you work overtime constantly and the work to life balance was not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Interstate Bank. Our community is ready to answer.