First Light Homecare Employee Reviews

What I learned
Outreach Consultant/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2018
First Light Home Care has given me a wonderful opportunity to highlight my career and lifelong skills. However, due to confidential information about the direction of the company, I feel the need to pursue other opportunities.
Work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2018
I love working here. You get to know your clients and spend time with them. Some clients are easy to care for as others by be difficult to deal with. Anytime you have a problem just let the office now and they will fix it.
Wonderful bosses to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 2, 2018
The owners of FirstLight senior homecare are wonderful bosses to work. They are willing to work with your request for time off and even when last minute issues arrive they will work with you.
Cons
Wish caregivers were paid more for the work we do. Wish they provided health insurance.
Non productive workplace, barely get hours
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMay 20, 2018
Management unprofessional, you get NO HOURS. I worked there for 5 months and I can count on both hands how many times I worked. Check was dispensed late, schedule changed without my knowledge, and management just thought it was all NO BIG DEAL, and when asked about it I was fired!
Pros
Cons
No guaranteed work
productive and a fun place to be!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMay 9, 2018
enjoyed my time with this company great for working students in the medical field who are looking for a steady work schedule and something they can control.
Caring for others
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 4, 2018
Caring for others and helping with ADL. I have nothing else to tell. This is basically what FirstLight Home Care does. We provide transportation, light housekeeping, etc..
Average
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 4, 2018
The hours are not guaranteed, the pay is minimal. The management is nice but you almost never deal with them so that really doesnt matter. The clients are the best part.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
bad pay
Exciting to meet new clients
HHA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 28, 2018
I was happy with my clients I worked with. Loved that i.was offered more cases to have more hours. Was unhappy with management due to them not being very understandable about situations that happened last minute. They could've handled it in an professional matter.
Pros
Meeting new clients and co workers
Cons
Poor management
Ehhhh...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Petal, MSMarch 19, 2018
All of the facilities may not be the same, but I can only speak about the one in Petal, Ms. The managers are friendly in the beginning, but as soon as you are not able to do something they start to get "stand offish!" The other caregivers are rude. They DO NOT pay for MILEAGE, which is VERY important, since you are using YOUR vehicle. They have NO BENEFITS (healthcare, etc.) They tell you to come and talk to them if you have a problem, but yet when you do they look at you crazy! They say the being certified is a plus, but they only pay you a dollar extra ($9/10), depending on the patient you're with. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE!
Pros
lunch ANYTIME
Cons
Management and staff
Canon City Colorado
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COFebruary 24, 2018
This area is run by a mother and daughter team. I was paid 9.31 an hour. At first I got 40 or more hours, then little by little the hours went to 20 a week. this job cannot pay the bills. When I was hired it was a requirement to have internet, a cell phone a vehicle and insurance. I was not given enough hours to pay for these requirements. I was not hired on as "on call" but was expected to accept the weekly schedule and accept last minute jobs not on the schedule. They were in the habit of calling me everyday with no advance notice to do extra work. I have great client recommendations but management looks down on a good relationship with the clients. You sign a paper saying you cannot have any contact with the clients for one year after you leave First Light. This job is better suited for high school students or people that don't have bills. I could never rely on the schedule. They add clients and take them off at will with no notice. I had to constantly check the schedule through out the day.
Pros
helping the clients
Cons
being on call every day M-S and not being paid extra
A rewarding place to work
OWNER/ OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Although Home Care is a difficult industry FirstLight strives to make the work environment a pleasant one for their caregivers. They also work closely with the clients to make sure their needs are met which creates a less stressful work environment.
Slow Paced, Always hours available
PCP (Former Employee) –  Delta, COFebruary 1, 2018
Great place to work if you enjoy long shifts, and overtime. Many times there are up to 70 hours a week available. Management is always willing to work with you.
Horrible Management
Underappreciated Employee (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 30, 2018
With the exception of 1 or 2, the management was awful. You were constantly reminded of your insignificance to this company and spoken to worse than an animal. This place is horrific!
Horrible Staff but great clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Staff at FirstLight was rude and would not accommodate with anything that was needed. My manager at FirstLight started to cut my hours because I had asked for 1 day off after I was in a car accident. I was supposed to be Full-Time but was only given 4-10 hours weekly which is so much less than Part-Time. There were some incidents that I was scheduled to work and when I would show up there was another Caregiver there to also start her shift. I would have to leave and wouldn't even get paid for my drive out there.
Pros
Clients were very sweet
Great place to work at.
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I am still working for First Light.I have almost two years in with this company full time.The company is about five years old to the area.I think the owners are wonderful as well as the office staff.I get plenty of hours and I believe you get what you put into your job.I would like to get paid a little more and health insurance is a must.They do offer paid time off,vacation according to how many hours you have worked within the year.A good place for students in the medical field to start out at.They work well with the hours you can work for them.The hardest part about my job is the passing of a client.
Pros
very nice owners
benefits
Well organized and enjoyable company
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Everyone was nice and loving I didn't have any complaints working here the clients and staff were respectful and everyone worked well with others that's always nice to have
Useful experience
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHJanuary 14, 2018
This company does offer a chance to gain experience in a supervisory position. It is very demanding yet sometimes rewarding. There is not a good balance of work life and home life. You are expected to be "married" to your job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
time management
Love my job but their bad at making schedules
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MSJanuary 10, 2018
Don't get me wrong I love my bosses and I love my job. But when it comes to them having to make a schedule every week for us they mess it up every time. They hardly ever give you a good amount of hours and you don't get paid enough to drive somewhere and sit there for 3 hours and then leave. That barely pay for gas money for that. They constantly text you hours before if you're able to come do another job. It's constantly last minute for them, and a lot of times when they changed the schedule they don't tell you that they changed it so you have no idea that you're supposed to be at work at 6:30 rather than 3 like it was originally.
Pros
I love what I do and the patients I work with.
Cons
Hours suck, money sucks, and scheduling sucks
Home Health Company will hire anyone
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Management at this company only cares about making money and will work its employees to the body and then punish them if they so much as request a day off to spend with their children on their birthday. Management is only nice when they want you to pick up more hours. Clients range from kind to abusive, as well as the families.You are also worked over 60 hours a week and still expected to be on call at all hours.
Very bad experience
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The owner sent me to take care of a patient at the hospital and left me there for 3 days in a row with no option. I couldnt sleep for 3 days and was accusing me i was sleeping, also was changin the story between the client and the hospital staff. Very bad experience. Run for this company in delray beach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Light Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.