First Light Homecare Employee Reviews

It's been a while...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 12, 2019
It's been a while since I've worked for FirstLight. The management may have changed since I've worked there. My experience was the management at the time was very rude. There was no work/life balance. The hours were kept low.
Pros
Cleints were nice
Cons
Work/life balance low pay
Unorganized
Caregiver/Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Management team was unorganized, but worked well with the clients - they were usually kind to me and appreciated my services. Flexible schedule. I learned that simple tasks of daily living should not be taken for granted.
Horrible interview
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills ILFebruary 20, 2019
Unfortunately I was shocked at the unprofessional way I was treated after being sought after for advanced skill and qualifications. There was a much more professional way of treating a perpective employee. I would Never go back nor recommend to Anyone to interview there !
Pros
Cons
Completely unprofessional !
Go to a facility!
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 5, 2019
If you want guaranteed hours and pay, go work at a facility! I worked 90+hours straight for months then was cut to less than 20 hours. My complaints were not heard, I was bullied by staff and clients and still nothing was done. Illinois agencies do not have benefits at all. The promise of “if a client dies/leaves company we’ll bring you into the office for hours till new assignment” is a lie.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Management, unqualified staff, etc
Make your own schedule
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2019
First Light Homecare was a pleasure to work with. They were understanding when you needed to take time off, and were always supportive of their staff whenever any issues came about with clients.
Care Giver
Light Housekeeping, Laundry, Linen Washing (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 17, 2018
Took care of the elderly in getting them ready for bed. Feeding them. Providing their medication. Going to the store for them. Shopping the internet with them.
Pros
Freedom to walk around the city.
Cons
When the client was unable to hold their bladder.
Do not work for petal area
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Petal, MsNovember 25, 2018
Worst management ever, the owner allowed personal feelings to be involved and never handled things professional. If you are sick you better work or you will have no job.
Learning experience
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 20, 2018
I have learned so much dealing with different clients. I have learned how to cope with elderly people as well as young adults. I have enjoyed all my clients and they enjoyed me too
Stay Away From These Angencies
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 19, 2018
Companies like this and a few others are popping up all over the area. They only take Medicaid cases and use that as an exscuse to pay you below average( which in northern Va should be between 12-13).

The people who start these busineesss don’t even have a medical background. This is purely to make money and that’s all. I’ve had agencies call me offering cases, and giving me the clients address and phone number before even running a background check or hiring me.
Great people to work with
Home Health Care Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 30, 2018
Owner and employees were very much down to earth and great to work for. Very easy going. Did have work to take home but ended up with the job as a scheduler and had to do schedules from home.
Good place to work,works with other schedules
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81008October 10, 2018
Hours very depending on client needs. The things that I learned was that there are people that need assistance to stay at home when they get older, instead of going into a facility. The office staff is great. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if the client is going to cancel their visit, and loosing hours for the week. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and getting to know your clients. Just knowing that you are there to be a companion and keep the client at home for as long as possible.
Pros
works with other schedules, good part time hours
Cons
no benefits, not knowing if shift will be canceled, no guarantee on hours
Great Place to Work
Area Supervisor/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 11, 2018
FLHC is a great place to work with flexible hours and a great management team. Overall, FLHC is a family based company that allows their workers to choose their schedule but there is always opportunities to gain more hours.
Okay job
Worker (Former Employee) –  NjSeptember 8, 2018
It's an okay job to start, maybe settle if you're a retired person that just want to keep busy to let time pass by. Office workers will work with you.
in summary
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with the clients that I was given to work with they all had beautiful homes and their attitudes made it grand to work with my elderly patients.
Pros
not far from home
Cons
is when they are in hospice
Great place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 20, 2018
I absolutely loved working with this amazing company!!! If I didn't relocate and change careers, I would have stayed in home health and stayed with the company
Attention Passionate Caregivers! This is the place to be!
Caregiver/Home Health Aide/ Companion (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2018
I've worked at several nursing homes prior to obtaining this job and my reoccurring issue was that "I cared too much..." This company thrives off passionate caregivers and I've never felt uncomfortable meeting with a client or speaking with management. If you're willing to work the hours are available and compensated for your time. There's a huge variety of clientele and the company is always more than willing to help with any issues that occur.
Pros
Amazing friendly staff and clients
Cons
Various clients/conditions, home or institutional
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bath, OHAugust 4, 2018
Depending on condition/health of client more or less work and care

I learned that being alert and good communicator is most important

Dificulty of work depends on client's condition

Helping people make their life more happy/bearable is most rewarding
Pros
Good owner and office staff
Cons
Not enough hours
What I learned
Outreach Consultant/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2018
First Light Home Care has given me a wonderful opportunity to highlight my career and lifelong skills. However, due to confidential information about the direction of the company, I feel the need to pursue other opportunities.
Work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2018
I love working here. You get to know your clients and spend time with them. Some clients are easy to care for as others by be difficult to deal with. Anytime you have a problem just let the office now and they will fix it.
Wonderful bosses to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 2, 2018
The owners of FirstLight senior homecare are wonderful bosses to work. They are willing to work with your request for time off and even when last minute issues arrive they will work with you.
Cons
Wish caregivers were paid more for the work we do. Wish they provided health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Light Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.